Religious leaders join to battle climate change

Oct 30, 2009 Full story: Telegraph.co.uk 9

At a meeting hosting by the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, leaders from Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Baha'i, Jain and Zoroastrian faiths called on the UK and G20 governments to fight for an ambitious deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions at UN-led talks in Copenhagen in December.

Full Story
truthist

Lithia, FL

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Congratulations. Better humanity requires better stewardship.

Net heat emissions accompany CO2 emissions. Hence, CO2 is the culprit in at least five fronts:

(1) greenhouse effect,
(2) net heat emissions,
(3) oxygen depletion,
(4) its sister/daughter/related chemicals,
(5) related pollution and its effects.

We must reduce CO2 emissions for our own good.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 31, 2009
When the religious believe irrational things, at least they don't force their illusions on the rest of us, until now. G.K. Chesterton, when people stop believeing in God, they don't believe in nothing, they believe in anything.
neighbour

Okotoks, Canada

#3 Oct 31, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
G.K. Chesterton, when people stop believeing in God, they don't believe in nothing, they believe in anything.
Another way to put that would be: "When people find the courage to give up dogmatic belief, they are not left with nothing, they simply free their minds to consider new ideas."

BTW I do believe in God, but not in the simplistic way you seem to. I believe that reality is infinitly complex, that "God" is a word to express the unknowable essence of existance, and that every religion is mass delusion.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 1, 2009
Things are seldom as the seem, skim milk masqureades as cream.

W.S. Gilbert
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#5 Nov 1, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
When the religious believe irrational things, at least they don't force their illusions on the rest of us, until now. G.K. Chesterton, when people stop believeing in God, they don't believe in nothing, they believe in anything.
If you believe in god, than you have no idea what atheists believe. If you are an atheist, you are one of the more simple-minded atheists. Quoteing other folks who don't have a clue, doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like you can't think for yourself. That's the trademark of the religious.
JRS

Oak Creek, WI

#6 Nov 1, 2009
the serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in god, than you have no idea what atheists believe. If you are an atheist, you are one of the more simple-minded atheists. Quoteing other folks who don't have a clue, doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like you can't think for yourself. That's the trademark of the religious.
Lame, very lame.
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#7 Nov 2, 2009
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame, very lame.
Yeah, reality is a bitch. Some people get it(common sense). You don't. Oh well, the world nedds ditch-diggers too.

Since: Aug 08

Granite Falls, WA

#8 Nov 2, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
New insights to spirituality delivered by 4-time alleged threatener, alleged stalker, intimidator, & gatherer of like-minded people into the denier brian_g 'ganghood'.
Wildbird99

Edison, NJ

#9 Nov 2, 2009
Ummm... Why don't they just pray for an end to global climate change? That might even get us an answer as to which religion is the one true religion (if the climate changes reverse in Israel=Judaism. In Great Britain=Anglicanism. In Iran=Islam. Etc.). Unless they don't believe that prayer works? But then what does that say about their faith? Odd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq Sep '14 Shaq 1
Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14
Baha'i had higher expectations (Jun '13) Jun '13 StrongHelmet 1

Bahai People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE