Feds say OK to atheists on religion tax break

Aug 21, 2013 Full story: WBIR-TV Knoxville

Gaylor, head of the Madison, Wisc.-based Freedom From Religion Foundation, wants to stop them - and she's asking a federal judge for help.

Full Story

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1 Aug 21, 2013
Wow. A non profit group turning down a tax break?

I've never seen a church do that!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2 Aug 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
Wow. A non profit group turning down a tax break?
I've never seen a church do that!
Of course not!

All churches, fundamentally, are **businesses** after all.

That is what they do: empty promises of a "product" that you have to **die** to "get".

All in exchange for a nice weekly (monthly) fee.

... payable in advance, and no refunds.

Naturally.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#3 Aug 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not!
All churches, fundamentally, are **businesses** after all.
That is what they do: empty promises of a "product" that you have to **die** to "get".
All in exchange for a nice weekly (monthly) fee.
... payable in advance, and no refunds.
Naturally.
While I basically agree with your premise, I told you on another thread that as a person of faith I dislike the way you ridicule people like me.

BTW I am not a regular church goer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4 Aug 22, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>While I basically agree with your premise, I told you on another thread that as a person of faith I dislike the way you ridicule people like me.
BTW I am not a regular church goer.
Then you have no dog in this hunt, do you?

You state here, that you do not partake of The Great Religion Machine.

Good for you--- in truth? If you are not one of those folk who actively try to force the ugly bigotry of religion into the public sphere?

I have absolutely NO beef with you in ANY way-- I firmly believe (yes, irony noted) that the US Constitution is correct: everyone should be free to practice (or ignore) the religion(s) of their choosing, as they see fit.

Of course-- there are some limitations to the above.

The #1 limitation, is that the practice of any given religion cannot and must not interfere with the basic rights of others.

So you are free to practice your religion all you like, so long as it doesn't impinge onto anyone else who doesn't want it.

And that's pretty much it, in a nutshell.

----------

Here in the atheist forums? I ridicule the extremists who wish to **force** their religion onto **everyone**-- EVEN YOU.

By ridiculing them? I show them for the fraud that they are-- the ridicule brings out the **beast** within their minds, for all to see the **consequences** of their brand of faith.

If you take offense? I am sorry-- you cannot make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

But.

If you are NOT one of those who would force religion into **every** aspect of our society?

My scathing commentary is **not** directed at you--at all.

----------

If you are **still** bothered by all that?

Well.... I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

I cannot help what **you** have a problem with, now can I?
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#5 Aug 22, 2013
Federal Government allowneces of more then 1 tax break.

St VIncent De Paul has a pick up program. People leave merchandise and cash in peoples names for pick up on personal donations.

Someone left me a car at that location, it had bags of clothes and other things in it so I oculd race me and my 2 daughters with my disabilities:

Several Brain Injuries, I have not had follow ups no legal competency in local facinity

Several head injuries

A nerve and muscle cord is twisted up towards the shoulder that needs shunts, causes momentarily parralysis and heart complications; needs shunts to seperate

Broken neck

Nuclear exposure(radioactive beings I thought wierd looking friends as a child)/ and electrical shock

No tailbone tip

And more

The PArk BAnk and zipcode alderman on Park Street had comtacted me to pick up my merchandise.

I never heard of it and went, the girl working said Jaimie Drews, Yes we have that pick up your cousin Steve Otto picked up your proerty and left you his car instead but all the clothing bags are in. But you have to contact 3rd shift to get that. I called they said no such thing as 3rd shift.

BAnk indicated not a problem they knew the people
made the donation, as it was off the property spend down philanthropy invetory regeistries form the bank, and they were going after my COusin Steve Otto Police tipped him off and he is now out of town hiding from conspiracy to murder Jaimie Drews and the grand theft charges and other. Police said come in for family events and schedule at parks Police that are not familiar with yoru file are located.

WWF came in to KILL me as well, Hulk HOgan was with, INVESTIGATING FOR FBI people impersonating people disabilities and gaining money. IVE NEVER BEEN FUNDED NOT EVEN FOR SURGERY OR CONTESTS, He indicated with WIsconsin WWF hometown That I had to many $ sent for me and they were told I was a Crack cocaine addict Pretending to have disabilites and FEDS gave them a list of disabilites I impersonated and they were to break those bones to match file, since I ran with the money to purchase drugs.

I dont do drugs.

They were also asking me questions about the Merrimac Girls, I met the girls dad and brother at the labor temple. They wanted full details of that encounter, I said I dreamt the kids were two blocks around form VFW by the coleseum by the stream, several boys I dreamt took them to a house party and the women said what am I going to do with them, you figure it out and a kid grabbed a bat, But that was just a "dream"....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Gordon 227,950
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 28 min Dak-Original 22,498
Our world came from nothing? 35 min NightSerf 504
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 1 hr cancer suxs 5
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 22
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 3 hr Thinking 140
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Thinking 4,118
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE