Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a little clue for you, goofy; it isn't "YOUR" thread. Just because you start a discussion thread doesn't mean you "own" it.
That means ANYONE can participate on a thread once it's created, including those you're telling to "stay off" of.
He said he doesn't care to see my opinion but insists on coming back for more, I simply told him how not to see my opinion, loon. You are just as much a hypocrite as he is.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He said he doesn't care to see my opinion but insists on coming back for more, I simply told him how not to see my opinion, loon. You are just as much a hypocrite as he is.
says the defeated creationist with no proof of god.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Not for nothing, as we say here in New England, but abortion is not, strictly speaking an issue that divides neatly between atheists and theists.

It is certainly conceivable (no pun intended) that an atheist might, based on moral principles entirely divorced from religion, be opposed to abortion.

There certainly are theists who support abortion rights. One need look no further than Dr. George Tiller, a doctor who performed abortions who was murdered *inside a church* where he was attending services.

Some people who personally would not choose an abortion recognize that women have a right to control their own bodies and that if it isn't their body, it isn't their choice. These folks exist on both sides of the theism/atheism divide.

And, before you go throwing the hypocrite label around so freely, please explain your position on making contraception as accessible as possible. Do you support requiring health insurers to provide coverage for contraception? Do you support making contraception available to high school students? Do you support sex education in schools so students can make informed choices about contraception? Or are you only interested in slut shaming unmarried pregnant women?

How about after the child is born? Is its life still precious to you then? Or do you want to cut the WIC and SNAP programs so the little kids go hungry when their parents don't make enough money to support their families? Are you one of the ones who wants to cut eligibility for Medicaid, so the children whose lives are so precious to you can't get proper medical care? Are you willing to pay taxes to support decent schools, or are you one of the "abolish the DOE" fanatics? Are you willing to have tax dollars go to expand the child welfare services that will be needed to rescue children from abusive or neglectful parents?

Or, are you one of those whose interest in children starts at conception and ends at birth? Inquiring minds want to know.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The "delight" is YOUR delusion, psycho liar.
No--it's clearly evident by the words you use to describe women seeking abortions.

"ugly", and "cow" and worse-- those were **your** words.

It's quite evident you delight at the idea that they would die.

Your hate is so transparent, you see-- you reek of it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He said he doesn't care to see my opinion but insists on coming back for more, I simply told him how not to see my opinion, loon. You are just as much a hypocrite as he is.
LOL!

No-- once again, you demonstrate you cannot actually comprehend what you just read.

LOL!

I said that I do not give a crap **what** your opinion is.

That doesn't mean I won't show where you are wrong.

Nor does it mean I won't call you out on your hate-speech.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Amused wrote:
Not for nothing, as we say here in New England, but abortion is not, strictly speaking an issue that divides neatly between atheists and theists.
It is certainly conceivable (no pun intended) that an atheist might, based on moral principles entirely divorced from religion, be opposed to abortion.
There certainly are theists who support abortion rights. One need look no further than Dr. George Tiller, a doctor who performed abortions who was murdered *inside a church* where he was attending services.
Some people who personally would not choose an abortion recognize that women have a right to control their own bodies and that if it isn't their body, it isn't their choice. These folks exist on both sides of the theism/atheism divide.
And, before you go throwing the hypocrite label around so freely, please explain your position on making contraception as accessible as possible. Do you support requiring health insurers to provide coverage for contraception? Do you support making contraception available to high school students? Do you support sex education in schools so students can make informed choices about contraception? Or are you only interested in slut shaming unmarried pregnant women?
How about after the child is born? Is its life still precious to you then? Or do you want to cut the WIC and SNAP programs so the little kids go hungry when their parents don't make enough money to support their families? Are you one of the ones who wants to cut eligibility for Medicaid, so the children whose lives are so precious to you can't get proper medical care? Are you willing to pay taxes to support decent schools, or are you one of the "abolish the DOE" fanatics? Are you willing to have tax dollars go to expand the child welfare services that will be needed to rescue children from abusive or neglectful parents?
Or, are you one of those whose interest in children starts at conception and ends at birth? Inquiring minds want to know.
You nailed the issues directly on their respective heads.

It's all about hate, and control.

Me? I would never have an abortion-- if by magic I could get pregnant.

But, that's just me-- I think that **every** woman should have the complete freedom to **choose** for **herself** with absolutely **no** government interference of any sort-- none.

Nor do I think that the male who knocked her up has a say-- it's not **his** uterus, and he can make more sperm anyway.

To me, it boils down to the **individual** rights of the woman-- and **no**one**else**.

If **she** can live with her choice? Who am I to tell her different?

But these ugly religious types are all about telling **others** their business.

Disgusting.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
He said he doesn't care to see my opinion but insists on coming back for more, I simply told him how not to see my opinion, loon. You are just as much a hypocrite as he is.
No, goofy, you told Bob to "stay off my thread," and I pointed out that YOU don't "own" it. Nice attempt at distraction; too bad it didn't work. As far as I'M concerned, the hypocrite here is you.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
You nailed the issues directly on their respective heads.
It's all about hate, and control.
Exactly. The militant religionist idiots who lost the battle for control over women's sexual and reproductive decisions when Roe v. Wade was decided are trying to get it back another way.

Personally, I think these conservative repukelian politicians figured that if women can't get access to either contraception or abortion through the women's clinics, more of them would end up pregnant, which of course is what these idiots want.

That is the so-called "reasoning" behind the legislation that is closing many of the women's clinics nationwide. They want to deny access for women, to both contraception and abortion, as much as they can get away with it. Then they lie and claim that the CLINICS are closing arbitrarily, rather than having to close down due to the draconian legislation that made it impossible for them to remain open.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No--it's clearly evident by the words you use to describe women seeking abortions.
No surprise there. Ask any experienced criminal defense lawyer who the best defense jurors are in a rape case where the defense is consent. It is not men. It is conservatively dressed older women. If their juror questionnaire lists church-related interests, jackpot! In general, these are the jurors who will be most judgmental of the victim. If a lawyer were dumb enough to argue that the victim invited trouble by her behavior, clothing, etc., there would be a mistrial, possible contempt citation and the certainty of a long correspondence with the bar disciplinary authorities that would end badly. With one or two jurors like this, you don't have to say it in the courtroom. You can be certain these jurors will say it in the jury room.

Forget what's in the bible about not judging others. Church goers, especially older women love serving up heaping helpings ofjudgment.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

This was on FB this morning:

You must get the consent of an organ donor to save lives.

So if we give a fetus the right to a pregnant woman's body, not only are we giving it more rights than a born person, we are giving pregnant women less rights than a corpse.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I didn't call anybody ugly, you did. So, now you try and say anyone who stabs themselves is not stupid? Why am I not surprised considering who you hang around with? A real cow has more sense than a woman who tries to cut her own womb open out of hate for her offspring.

I apologize to all female bovine, everywhere, for the insult of calling whackjob women "cows".

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there. Ask any experienced criminal defense lawyer who the best defense jurors are in a rape case where the defense is consent. It is not men. It is conservatively dressed older women. If their juror questionnaire lists church-related interests, jackpot! In general, these are the jurors who will be most judgmental of the victim. If a lawyer were dumb enough to argue that the victim invited trouble by her behavior, clothing, etc., there would be a mistrial, possible contempt citation and the certainty of a long correspondence with the bar disciplinary authorities that would end badly. With one or two jurors like this, you don't have to say it in the courtroom. You can be certain these jurors will say it in the jury room.
Forget what's in the bible about not judging others. Church goers, especially older women love serving up heaping helpings ofjudgment.
You are a loon. It's men who have always made sure that other men don't do time for sexual assaults. It's called the "double standard" and good old boy's club defending what most of them have done throughout Time, sexually assault women.

One in three of all women between the ages of 14 and 25 have been sexually assaulted at least once. Most of them never press charges because they know the guys will only get out of jail on bail and likely never make it to prison. If women had always been the dominant force in our judicial system there would be more justice for the assaulted, not excuses and soft or deferred sentences; unless the judge is a liberal bytch. Liberals always make some excuse up for violent criminals, like they were called a sissy when they were on the playground one day. Oh boo hoo, broken for life, like Bobblehead Bob.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a loon. It's men who have always made sure that other men don't do time for sexual assaults. It's called the "double standard" and good old boy's club defending what most of them have done throughout Time, sexually assault women.
One in three of all women between the ages of 14 and 25 have been sexually assaulted at least once. Most of them never press charges because they know the guys will only get out of jail on bail and likely never make it to prison. If women had always been the dominant force in our judicial system there would be more justice for the assaulted, not excuses and soft or deferred sentences; unless the judge is a liberal bytch. Liberals always make some excuse up for violent criminals, like they were called a sissy when they were on the playground one day. Oh boo hoo, broken for life, like Bobblehead Bob.
I've tried rape cases to juries. Have you? I've gotten not guilty verdicts on fairly unpromising facts. Have you? I know what works and what does not work in criminal jury trials. A lot of it is very counterintuitive. Represent an African American gang member charged with a violent crime or drug offense? The well dressed African American professional in the jury pool is usually *not* your friend.

Older male jurors in rape cases tend to take a paternal interest in victims. Young males, especially 'frat boy' types are good defendant jurors. Young women can go either way. They will either identify strongly with the victim, making them bad jurors for the defense, or, as often happens, they blame the victim. The victim blaming is a way for them to reassure themselves that they are 'safe'. If they can point to something the victims said/did/drank/wore and say to themselves "that's why this happened. I never <whatever the victim did 'wrong'> so what happened to her won't happen to me. It isn't true, of course, but dealing with the reality that horrible things can happen *at random* and you can't control it unless you never leave the house is beyond some people's ability.

Of course none of these are hard and fast rules. You also have to look at body language, clothing, tone of voice, etc. Those clues override general stereotypes. I got so used to reading body language that I could predict most verdicts before they were announced just by the juror's body language as the came into the courtroom. Hint: if they are looking away and won't make eye contact with the defendant or his counsel, it ain't going to be pretty.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> ... unless the judge is a liberal bytch....
Your hatred for other women borders on pathological.

You haven't responded to my post about whether you support measures to make contraception available and to support struggling families who have more kids than they can support financially or emotionally. I am guessing that, based on your rants about liberals, you really are one of those who cares about fetuses from conception to birth, then, afterwards, not so much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't call anybody ugly, you did. So, now you try and say anyone who stabs themselves is not stupid? Why am I not surprised considering who you hang around with? A real cow has more sense than a woman who tries to cut her own womb open out of hate for her offspring.
I apologize to all female bovine, everywhere, for the insult of calling whackjob women "cows".
See?

You continue to demonstrate how much you despise your fellow women.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<hate deleted>
You must get the consent of an organ donor to save lives.

So if we give a fetus the right to a pregnant woman's body, not only are we giving it more rights than a born person, we are giving pregnant women less rights than a corpse.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
I didn't call anybody ugly, you did. So, now you try and say anyone who stabs themselves is not stupid? Why am I not surprised considering who you hang around with? A real cow has more sense than a woman who tries to cut her own womb open out of hate for her offspring.
Your hatred for women who don't share your twisted beliefs is obvious, dimbo. You're just pissed that motherhood is OPTIONAL for women, not required. Too bad.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a loon. It's men who have always made sure that other men don't do time for sexual assaults. It's called the "double standard" and good old boy's club defending what most of them have done throughout Time, sexually assault women.
You have no business bringing your mentally ill religious opinions into independent women's lives.

Its fine for you to believe in your religious nonsense all you like, but leave other innocent people and children out of your sh*t. Thats all you need to do, cult scum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••