am i an atheist?
honey boo hoo

UK

#1 Sep 24, 2012
i'm 99.9999999 percent sure there is no god. certainly no god as described through various religious texts.
however. I cannot say with absolute certainty that a god-like being does not exist. i cannot prove nor disprove this.
can i say im an athetist?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#2 Sep 24, 2012
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3 Sep 24, 2012
I would add that atheist is a religious term in that it defines a person solely in relation to god or religion. I don't mind being called atheist, but I choose to call myself a humanist or a rationalist and I leave religious terms to the religious. If religionists wish to call me atheist, that's fine with me.

One should only believe anything as far as the belief can be justified by reason and evidence.
honey boo hoo

UK

#4 Sep 24, 2012
i am none the wiser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 12 min Rose_NoHo 442
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 40 min Eagle 12 12,674
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Endofdays 69,983
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 30,113
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 19 hr yehoshooah adam 3,779
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue Eagle 12 258,469
More from around the web