Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

It's not just christianity that can be harmful to your health, but we already knew that. Unfortunately, children are still susceptible to the horrors of any religion.

Yaseen Ali Ege murder: Mother killed son over Koran studies

"A mother who beat her seven-year-old son "like a dog" when he failed to memorise passages of the Koran has been found guilty of his murder...."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20596854
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Quote, "..We should not forget that at the heart of the case is the loss of a bright and friendly young boy who had his whole life ahead of him,..".

And the UK's religious PM says he 'does do God'. Religion is such divisive, damaging nonsense.
Amused

Princeton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Religion kills. The bedrock foundation of all religion is a pile of human skulls.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Religitard sentenced yesterday:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20937075
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

It's a very sad case. It seems the mother (of Indian origin) was a victim of domestic violence at some stage in her past, but her husband was cleared of any criminal blame in the case. If it hadn't been failure to memorise the Quran it would probably have been something else that triggered her rage. It seems to have been in her nature and nurture to be violent. Maybe in Prison she can get some help and will be better prepared for life on her release - in 17 years time, or so.

Some UK Muslims are very critical of the UK's "immoral society", but they fail to understand that behaviour and standards of morality are determined by nature and nurture. Religion is no help at all. They still don't see it even though the Population of the UK is probably less than 4% Muslim, while the prison population is (I believe) approximately 12% Muslim.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

The koran, like the bible, is a marvellous tool for misogynists.
EdSed wrote:
It's a very sad case. It seems the mother (of Indian origin) was a victim of domestic violence at some stage in her past, but her husband was cleared of any criminal blame in the case. If it hadn't been failure to memorise the Quran it would probably have been something else that triggered her rage. It seems to have been in her nature and nurture to be violent. Maybe in Prison she can get some help and will be better prepared for life on her release - in 17 years time, or so.
Some UK Muslims are very critical of the UK's "immoral society", but they fail to understand that behaviour and standards of morality are determined by nature and nurture. Religion is no help at all. They still don't see it even though the Population of the UK is probably less than 4% Muslim, while the prison population is (I believe) approximately 12% Muslim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••