Oppression of atheists

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 166

The case that atheists are oppressed has a germ of truth in it - but like all media proclamations, one might find the facts are not exactly square with the analysis proffered to the public at large.

Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#146 Jan 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There aren't any really good places to set up your lawn chair out on the nebulas, but if you aren't working and have the spare time, you can be the watcher. You'll need lot's of spare time.
I have lots of spare time.

And a couple of telescopes.

And a lawn chair.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#147 Jan 27, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>What bullshit. You actually believe that? We see stars blow up all the time. Never form. NEVER EVER EVER. You believe in bullshit if you believe that we "evolved" from nothing.
You won't see what you don't want to see.

Star formation happens slowly.

Stars exploding happens fast.

Forming stars are shrouded by dust and gas.

Exploding stars can be brighter than the combined light of an entire galaxy.

Since you don't want to know anything that weakens the substructure of your belief in god, you will deny any facts that might cause you to rethink.

It is a cowardly way, and you are depriving yourself of some of the true wonders of the universe that you're a part of.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#148 Jan 27, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>You know, that is just ridiculous. You know that?!

When I say evolution, you know that I am specifically talking about Man evolving from nothing. Then, from one species to another.

The Nephilim (Hebrew: &#1504;&#1508;&#15 00;&#1497;&#1501;, Nefil&#299;m) were a race that came to dominate the antediluvian (pre-flood) world, and are referred to in the Bible as the heroes of old, men of renown. They were reportedly the children born to the "Sons of God" by the "daughters of men", and are described as giants. It is also most important to note that they are mentioned almost simultaneous to God's statement that He would destroy the earth by flood, and it seems from this association that their effect upon mankind was one of the primary justifications that brought the destruction.
You have no right to call anybody ridiculous.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#149 Jan 27, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest that atheist evolve and refrain from always calling others stupid every chance they get. You are the fool, really you are.
I suggest you stop being stupid.

As a fool, you have no business calling anybody else a fool.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#150 Jan 27, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>It can be amusing if one keeps a sense of humor.

Waiting of atheist proof
Of what?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#151 Jan 27, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>I see no reason to dig up the past. I'm concerned with current events.
Who's digging up the past?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#152 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Reread what I posted because I don't think you read it well since I stated that they don't explode in the post you are responding to.
But they do explode.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#153 Jan 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do explode.
Not the ones he was talking about. That was my point in the beginning. lol Also the explosion isn't the same as what we think of when we see/hear the word.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#154 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Not the ones he was talking about. That was my point in the beginning. lol Also the explosion isn't the same as what we think of when we see/hear the word.
All I saw was a generalization of "stars".

I didn't see a particular type of star mentioned.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155 Jan 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
All I saw was a generalization of "stars".
I didn't see a particular type of star mentioned.
Reminder: I suck at explaining things, it's why I can only be a tutor. ;)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!

I'd say you do a pretty good job.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157 Jan 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
I'd say you do a pretty good job.
Aw, thanks. But I do fail to explain something quite a bit and require some corrections. If not for those who actually study this stuff in depth correcting me, I'd never learn how to word things. I confess, I am not knowledgeable in everything, I just love the process of learning itself, even to the point of letting myself forget things just so I can learn it all over again.:P
Siro

Australia

#158 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You suck period!
You cant do anything else because once guys lift up your dress and see your 'surprise' they run for their lives.......
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDD!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159 Jan 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You suck period!
You cant do anything else because once guys lift up your dress and see your 'surprise' they run for their lives.......
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDD!
Aw, you're projecting now. How cute.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#160 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, you're projecting now. How cute.
I think siro is a nano clone.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#161 Jan 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think siro is a nano clone.
Possible.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#162 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread what I posted because I don't think you read it well since I stated that they don't explode in the post you are responding to.
But some stars *do* explode. Those explosions are called supernova and they can happen quite quickly. Yes, these are legitimate explosions with matter being expelled into space. This is also where many of the heavier elements are produced: anything above iron in the periodic table was produced inside a supernova.

In the case of SN 1987A, we even know which star was the one that exploded. We have before and after pictures.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#163 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the ones he was talking about. That was my point in the beginning. lol Also the explosion isn't the same as what we think of when we see/hear the word.
Supernovas *are* quite definitely explosions in the usual sense of the word. They happen in a matter of seconds with a decay that lasts weeks to months and typically produce an explosion brighter than the whole galaxy they are in.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#164 Jan 27, 2013
The Wikipedia article on supernova is pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165 Jan 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
But some stars *do* explode. Those explosions are called supernova and they can happen quite quickly. Yes, these are legitimate explosions with matter being expelled into space. This is also where many of the heavier elements are produced: anything above iron in the periodic table was produced inside a supernova.
In the case of SN 1987A, we even know which star was the one that exploded. We have before and after pictures.
Okay, I over generalized and thus stated something incorrectly. ;) I accept that, I was just pointing out that you didn't actually correct my error in the previous response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 7 min FSM 4,102
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Thinking 227,590
Our world came from nothing? 26 min Thinking 472
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Richardfs 22,242
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr Thinking 62
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 3 hr BeHereNow 104
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 10 hr Patrick 762
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE