Oppression of atheists

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The case that atheists are oppressed has a germ of truth in it - but like all media proclamations, one might find the facts are not exactly square with the analysis proffered to the public at large.

Comments
121 - 140 of 166 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#123 Jan 25, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we never see stars forming if evolution is true?
There aren't any really good places to set up your lawn chair out on the nebulas, but if you aren't working and have the spare time, you can be the watcher. You'll need lot's of spare time.
Anonymous

United States

#124 Jan 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There aren't any really good places to set up your lawn chair out on the nebulas, but if you aren't working and have the spare time, you can be the watcher. You'll need lot's of spare time.
What bullshit. You actually believe that? We see stars blow up all the time. Never form. NEVER EVER EVER. You believe in bullshit if you believe that we "evolved" from nothing.

Earth,TX

#125 Jan 25, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
What bullshit. You actually believe that? We see stars blow up all the time. Never form. NEVER EVER EVER. You believe in bullshit if you believe that we "evolved" from nothing.
In evolution? Yes of course, I believe and so do you.

We have evolved so far from those tent in the sand, dwellers who concocted your misogynic and thoroughly demented god, that even our cell phones are now evolving.

I doubt that you are one of the very few examples of humans who still look exactly as their ancient ancestors did, but I could be wrong.

Is this you? >>> http://www.neanderthal-man.com/neanderthal-ma...

or this? >>>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f606C0Y3CIo/TXf0pms...

Did you not lose that fine prenatal pelt?
Anonymous

Gadsden, AL

#126 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>In evolution? Yes of course, I believe and so do you.
We have evolved so far from those tent in the sand, dwellers who concocted your misogynic and thoroughly demented god, that even our cell phones are now evolving.

After the flood the people were destitute.

I doubt that you are one of the very few examples of humans who still look exactly as their ancient ancestors did, but I could be wrong.
Is this you? >>> http://www.neanderthal-man.com/neanderthal-ma...
or this? >>>
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f606C0Y3CIo/TXf0pms...
Did you not lose that fine prenatal pelt?
You know, that is just ridiculous. You know that?!

When I say evolution, you know that I am specifically talking about Man evolving from nothing. Then, from one species to another.

The Nephilim (Hebrew: &#1504;&#1508;&#15 00;&#1497;&#1501;, Nefil&#299;m) were a race that came to dominate the antediluvian (pre-flood) world, and are referred to in the Bible as the heroes of old, men of renown. They were reportedly the children born to the "Sons of God" by the "daughters of men", and are described as giants. It is also most important to note that they are mentioned almost simultaneous to God's statement that He would destroy the earth by flood, and it seems from this association that their effect upon mankind was one of the primary justifications that brought the destruction.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#127 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
No.

We see stars in their "dying" phases, or moving through their phases, we have never seen a star "blow up." Once something is born, it's official in it's dying stages almost immediately after it's born, even you. Once a star is a star, it begins going through it's stages of life, and draws closer to expiration ... and that takes thousands of years to happen, no exploding, no "boom," it dies.

Earth,TX

#128 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say evolution, you know that I am specifically talking about Man evolving from nothing. Then, from one species to another.
The Nephilim (Hebrew: &#1504;&#1508;&#15 00;&#1497;&#1501;, Nefil&#299;m) were a race that came to dominate the antediluvian (pre-flood) world, and are referred to in the Bible as the heroes of old, men of renown. They were reportedly the children born to the "Sons of God" by the "daughters of men", and are described as giants. It is also most important to note that they are mentioned almost simultaneous to God's statement that He would destroy the earth by flood, and it seems from this association that their effect upon mankind was one of the primary justifications that brought the destruction.
No I don't know that. Man has been primate for millions of years, and he continues to be primate. I suggest you learn the basics of evolution, there are plenty of educational sites on the net, avail yourself of the data.
Until then, please understand that you sound like a full scale idiot. Changing species, where the hell did you get that crap from? Are you worried that if you start believing in evolution, you might evolve into a duck? And as to your buybull tripe; dismissed as unworthy of consideration
Anonymous

Gadsden, AL

#129 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>No I don't know that. Man has been primate for millions of years, and he continues to be primate. I suggest you learn the basics of evolution, there are plenty of educational sites on the net, avail yourself of the data.
Until then, please understand that you sound like a full scale idiot. Changing species, where the hell did you get that crap from? Are you worried that if you start believing in evolution, you might evolve into a duck? And as to your buybull tripe; dismissed as unworthy of consideration
I suggest that atheist evolve and refrain from always calling others stupid every chance they get. You are the fool, really you are.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#130 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that atheist evolve and refrain from always calling others stupid every chance they get. You are the fool, really you are.
This is coming from a person who wants us all to believe that the universe was made in 6 days

Location hidden

#131 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
People that deny the fact of evolution have some sort of psychological problems with reality.

I think everyone who says they don't believe in evolution must have a mandatory dna test and the test result (which proves they are descended from apes) should be tatooed on their retinas to remind them what facts are how lying about facts is pointless.

Location hidden

#132 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you never picked up a science book and too stupid to look this up yourself.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#134 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out!

Matthew 5:22 But anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Can't follow your own edicts?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#135 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ladon was the serpent-like dragon that twined round the tree in the Garden of the Hesperides and guarded the golden apples. Ladon was also said to have as many as one hundred heads. He was overcome and possibly slain by Heracles. After a few years, the Argonauts passed by the same spot, on their chthonic return journey from Colchis at the opposite end of the world, and heard the lament of "shining" Aigle, one of the Hesperides, and viewed the still-twitching Ladon (Argonautica, book iv). The creature is associated with the constellation Draco. Ladon was given several parentages, each of which placed him at an archaic level in Greek myth: the offspring of "Ceto, joined in love with Phorcys" (Hesiod, Theogony 333) or of Typhon, who was himself serpent-like from the waist down, and Echidna (Bibliotheke 2.113; Hyginus, Preface to Fabulae) or of Gaia herself, or in her Olympian manifestation, Hera: "The Dragon which guarded the golden apples was the brother of the Nemean lion" asserted Ptolemy Hephaestion (recorded in his New History V, lost but epitomized in Photius, Myriobiblion 190)."

Just Another Myth

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#136 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe a bat is a bird, rabbits chew their cud, locusts, grasshoppers, and beetles all have four feet, groups of flying animals with four feet, the moon is a source of light, a stationary Earth, a flat Earth, etc.

All in your Buybull and all Major League Bullshit.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#137 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is still expanding, outwards. That is a proven fact.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#139 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you manage to pile so many mistakes into one sentence?

First, evolution is a theory about *biology*. It describes how *living species* change over time. Evolution says *nothing* about stars at all because stars are not alive.

Second, we *do* see stars forming. We see them forming in the Eagle nebula, in the Orion nebula and in other HII nebula both in our galaxy and in other galaxies.

Here are some star-forming regions in the Eagle nebula:
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Here are some in the Orion nebula:
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Now, it is true that stars do not form over night. Nor do they form in a few thousand years. The process of collapsing from a nebula tends to take millions of years (a fairly short period of time when it comes to astronomy, by the way). But we can observe stars at different stages of formation and understand the processes by which they form.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#140 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
We see stars in their "dying" phases, or moving through their phases, we have never seen a star "blow up." Once something is born, it's official in it's dying stages almost immediately after it's born, even you. Once a star is a star, it begins going through it's stages of life, and draws closer to expiration ... and that takes thousands of years to happen, no exploding, no "boom," it dies.
Sorry, but this is wrong. Stars the size of our sun don't explode, but those about twice the size do. Ever hear of a supernova? That is an exploding star. We see them all the time in other galaxies. Visible ones in our galaxy are not so common (there are a lot of other galaxies, and it is easier to see the whole galaxy when you are not inside of it). But there have been several supernova in our own galaxy that were visible without telescopes: look up the crab nebula some time.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#141 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The remains of an exploded star:

https://www.google.com/search...

Earth,TX

#143 Jan 26, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing species? That suggestion qualifies you as an idiot, that I laugh about it, is not enough to make me as foolish as you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#144 Jan 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but this is wrong. Stars the size of our sun don't explode, but those about twice the size do. Ever hear of a supernova? That is an exploding star. We see them all the time in other galaxies. Visible ones in our galaxy are not so common (there are a lot of other galaxies, and it is easier to see the whole galaxy when you are not inside of it). But there have been several supernova in our own galaxy that were visible without telescopes: look up the crab nebula some time.
Reread what I posted because I don't think you read it well since I stated that they don't explode in the post you are responding to.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#145 Jan 27, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>Why do we never see stars forming if evolution is true?
We do see stars forming.

http://earthsky.org/clusters-nebulae-galaxies...

I guess you have to accept evolution now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 19 min MUQ1 21,535
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Eagle 12 226,603
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 5 hr Amused 17
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Jaimie 62
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Thinking 438
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 19 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 23 hr James 68
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••