Oppression of atheists

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The case that atheists are oppressed has a germ of truth in it - but like all media proclamations, one might find the facts are not exactly square with the analysis proffered to the public at large.

Comments
101 - 120 of 166 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#101 Jan 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is the lack of theism, nothing more. Common usage of the word, includes the non-believer being designated as atheist, but the words actual meaning is 'not theist'.
To resist in any way possible, the steam roller that is religion, is self preservation. Call it fundamentalism if you wish, but I will not quietly be forced into any dogmas net. When another's beliefs are being forced into law by which I must abide, my rights are being trampled. So no, you don't get your way, when you wish to enforce your beliefs on me. No prayer in school, no faith based initiatives, no tax breaks for the entertainments industry biggest freeloader ....... religion.
I don't deserve my rights being trampled.
I'm not enforcing my beliefs on you, I'm trying to have a conversation. I don't care who believes what I think or otherwise but I will exercise my right to have a discussion without being put down and belittled.
Lincoln

United States

#102 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>Atheism Forum, it's pretty much the only topix spot for me
It can be amusing if one keeps a sense of humor.

Waiting of atheist proof

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#103 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text> your atheism
Read following quraanic verses carefully:

(noble quraan 12:105)And how many a sign in the heavens and the earth which they pass by, yet they turn aside from it.

(noble quraan 12:106)And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him.

How many a sign within the heavens and earth do they (people)pass by?

Understand: Since about 1400 years Muhammad book the quraan mentioned" that people will pass by the heavens or sky and see great signs of ALLAH's creation"

isnt that a proof on the advanced invention of spaceships? and people who pass by heaven" will not believe in ALLAH too",its reference to the modern western people who non-muslims.
Rattle Brain

San Antonio, TX

#104 Jan 20, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
(noble quraan 12:105)And how many a sign in the heavens and the earth which they pass by, yet they turn aside from it.
(noble quraan 12:106)And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him.
Understand: Since about 1400 years Muhammad book the quraan mentioned" that people will pass by the heavens or sky and see great signs of ALLAH's creation"
isnt that a proof on the advanced invention of spaceships? and people who pass by heaven" will not believe in ALLAH too",its reference to the modern western people who non-muslims.
The only 'spaceships' you invented is the air 'space' the size of a 'ship' that exists between your ears within that flat head you bobble around for attention.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#106 Jan 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be amusing if one keeps a sense of humor.
Waiting of atheist proof
Proof of atheist?

Earth,TX

#107 Jan 20, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I hear from people that religion doesn't hurt anything, I say, really? Well besides wars, the Crusades, the Inquisitions, 9-11, ethnic cleansing, the suppression of women, the suppression of homosexuals, fatwas, honor killings, suicide bombings, arranged marriages to minors, human sacrifice, burning witches, and systematic sex with children, I have a few little quibbles. And I forgot blowing up girl schools in Afghanistan."

óBill Maher, in an interview with Don Imus on Fox, Nov. 1, 2009

Now tell me about thighing.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#108 Jan 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
As have Christian ruled lands.
I see no reason to dig up the past. I'm concerned with current events.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#109 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text> "When I hear from people that religion doesn't hurt anything, I say, really? Well besides wars, the Crusades, the Inquisitions, 9-11, ethnic cleansing, the suppression of women, the suppression of homosexuals, fatwas, honor killings, suicide bombings, arranged marriages to minors, human sacrifice, burning witches, and systematic sex with children, I have a few little quibbles. And I forgot blowing up girl schools in Afghanistan."
óBill Maher, in an interview with Don Imus on Fox, Nov. 1, 2009
Now tell me about thighing.
I wish you well in getting an intelligent reply from Egyptlad.

Do a google search on his name and 'giants' if you're interested in why you may not get an intelligent reply from him.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#110 Jan 21, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, you've just converted me with your undeniable proof.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#112 Jan 21, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Your satanic, oops, quraanic verses prove nothing.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#113 Jan 21, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you well in getting an intelligent reply from Egyptlad.
Do a google search on his name and 'giants' if you're interested in why you may not get an intelligent reply from him.
He's all over the net with the giants stuff. I bet he'd be a big fan of the late night radio show, Coast To Coast AM. They discuss lots of that type of crap.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#114 Jan 21, 2013
How old was aisha when mohammed first abused her?
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
prnnd

Rochester, PA

#115 Jan 21, 2013

Earth,TX

#116 Jan 21, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have some good arguments with the Jehova's Witnesses.
I'd have to move, to encounter them.
Here in the middle of nowhere(rural bible belt), it is not uncommon to see holy rollers slain by the spirit, in the produce isle, at the only grocery store in town. What I have personally seen includes a tent revival spilling out into the street(now that is some bad dancing), a prayer service inside the post office complete with kneeling, hands in the air and wailing that would put any six month old deprived of the teddy bear, to shame. A Baptist prison guard/preacher pulling a knife on a former inmate/parishner in that same grocer's. His honor the mayor/pastor praying in the feed store and a HIV positive crack whore/new convert (faith based initiatives kept her out of prison) delivering sermons in the streets between B.J. customers. No more crack though, god saved her from that life, now all she needs is a pack of smokes, a bottle (liquid libation), a six pack or two daily and a ride to church twice a week.
Now this is only a guess, but the reason we don't seem too have any JW's is because even they know they can't out crazy, the crazies we already have.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#117 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>I'd have to move, to encounter them.
Here in the middle of nowhere(rural bible belt), it is not uncommon to see holy rollers slain by the spirit, in the produce isle, at the only grocery store in town. What I have personally seen includes a tent revival spilling out into the street(now that is some bad dancing), a prayer service inside the post office complete with kneeling, hands in the air and wailing that would put any six month old deprived of the teddy bear, to shame. A Baptist prison guard/preacher pulling a knife on a former inmate/parishner in that same grocer's. His honor the mayor/pastor praying in the feed store and a HIV positive crack whore/new convert (faith based initiatives kept her out of prison) delivering sermons in the streets between B.J. customers. No more crack though, god saved her from that life, now all she needs is a pack of smokes, a bottle (liquid libation), a six pack or two daily and a ride to church twice a week.
Now this is only a guess, but the reason we don't seem too have any JW's is because even they know they can't out crazy, the crazies we already have.
Too bad that you can't charge admission to see that freak show!

Earth,TX

#118 Jan 22, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad that you can't charge admission to see that freak show!
Hell, I'm the one who would be paying to see it. For the majority of the community it seems run of the mill. Most of them are as apt to kneel down at the post office as they are to drive 40 miles to shop at Wally world on the 1st day of every month.

For years I literally was stunned by their behaviors. It's very much like watching crazy Christains on youtube. Even though I was raised in similar churches in Houston, it was not played out on the public stage like this. I haven't yet gotten so used to it, as not to notice even the less flagrant displays. I am still a gawker though I will give them wide berth.

Three years ago, I was made aware of a private religious school (not accredited) that went into lock down every October 30th at midnight, through the first hour of November 1st. Apparently ordinary human children are possessed by demons (come straight from hell), during that time. That one caused some head shaking and funny thing, all the demons seem to do nothing more than eat too much candy, but the church members are safe. Praiz the lard!

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#119 Jan 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
How old was aisha when mohammed first abused her?
<quoted text>
If you're talking about intercause, then she was 9.

If you're talking thighing then probably on their wedding night when she was aged 6
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#120 Jan 22, 2013
Not a great role model.
In fact their mohammed is a nonce.
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about intercause, then she was 9.
If you're talking thighing then probably on their wedding night when she was aged 6
Anonymous

United States

#121 Jan 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One question, why do you believe in something for which there is absolutely zero evidence supporting?
Why do we never see stars forming if evolution is true?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#122 Jan 25, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we never see stars forming if evolution is true?
Maybe you have not been paying attention in science class.

"The Orion Nebula is an archetypical example of star formation, from the massive, young stars that are shaping the nebula to the pillars of dense gas that may be the homes of budding stars."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_formation

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 13 min CunningLinguist 402
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr well 226,244
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr CunningLinguist 21,498
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 5 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 6 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 6 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 8 hr Patrick 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••