Oppression of atheists

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The case that atheists are oppressed has a germ of truth in it - but like all media proclamations, one might find the facts are not exactly square with the analysis proffered to the public at large.

Comments
41 - 60 of 166 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#41 Jan 15, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in fear of an afterlife, sorry to disappoint you, but I actually feel comfortable about the possibility of my spirit going on into an afterlife wherever that may be.
I also live my life to the full without fear.
How comfortable are you with the knowledge that your beliefs, have at least 75% of humanity being tortured endlessly?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#42 Jan 15, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
I use archaeology to investigated the validity of the Bible and Quran. Like I have learned that Islam is false because they claim that Abraham (whose tomb is in Hebron, Israel), built the Kaaba in the center of Mecca. I believe Abraham is said to have lived around 2100 BC. Where are there artifacts of Mecca, before the 4th century AD? Can you name one ancient historian who mention Mecca by name before that time, like all real prequranic towns?
There were no Jews in Egypt either.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#43 Jan 15, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all of the other people who don't have it as well? I went to L.A. for a business trip and saw teenagers asleep under a bridge. This world is messed up beyond repair. I could never be happy when I see others so bad off, no matter I good I personally have it. Is this really all you ever hope for? What a shit hole this planet is!
Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.

For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.

The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.

The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
Anonymous

Snellville, GA

#44 Jan 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.
The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.
The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
I work at a Spa. I am talking about the world, not me.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#45 Jan 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.
The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.
The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".
Great post :)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#46 Jan 15, 2013
DeckardFootKiss wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at a Spa. I am talking about the world, not me.
You? I know nothing of you, and the post was about the world, not you. And you work in a spa? So?

Read it again >>> Look around you. That is in every town, every city, there is hunger and poverty everywhere, the answer is not in a holy book nor is it in any church.
For almost my entire life (yes, even in my childhood) I have been active in trying to help those less fortunate, For years I operated a soup kitchen (free of dogma), cooked in another (prayers mandatory), which was the reason I started and funded one myself, delivered food, water and clothing in emergency situations (fire and storms). I took in and raised 4 abandoned children along with my own, and I can tell you, this life is beautiful.
The possibilities, the endless chances to reinvent your life, to step outside of your own past, begin anew, are real. Even with disease and terminal illness, we humans can look for the possibility of cures, we can live in the moment, making as much as we can of the too short days left. We can pass on who we are in music, art and in the written word. Nothing is guaranteed, but for one brief bit of life that we have, we can make it a brilliantly beautiful and shining moment, by something as simple as sharing a smile.
The answers to poverty can be as simple as just getting tired of being broke. I have seen this work, with just a family doing without, then picking up cans, and then trash, and then starting their own trash clean up business, and then moving into landscaping. Today they live well, and they pass on these very simple words, " When you really get tired of being broke, get up and do something about it.".

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#47 Jan 15, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post :)
Thank you.
Most people never understand, but they are only limited by what they choose to be limited by.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#48 Jan 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>How comfortable are you with the knowledge that your beliefs, have at least 75% of humanity being tortured endlessly?
Are you talking about religion per chance?

One does not have to follow a religion to believe in life after death.
Again, I apologise for your ignorance.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#49 Jan 15, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about religion per chance?
One does not have to follow a religion to believe in life after death.
Again, I apologise for your ignorance.
Is your "life after death" based on a reward/punishment system? Do you gain a heaven while the ne`er do well earns his hell?

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#50 Jan 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Is your "life after death" based on a reward/punishment system? Do you gain a heaven while the ne`er do well earns his hell?
Nope, is your ignorance based on hatred?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#51 Jan 16, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, is your ignorance based on hatred?
I simply am not aware of other zombie existences, besides the three common knowledge types.

They are the Voodoo religions Zombie, the Jehovah/Allah/Yahweh and his followers(reward and punishment based)Abrahamic religion's zombies, and then the media zombie. Are there more?

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#52 Jan 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I simply am not aware of other zombie existences, besides the three common knowledge types.
They are the Voodoo religions Zombie, the Jehovah/Allah/Yahweh and his followers(reward and punishment based)Abrahamic religion's zombies, and then the media zombie. Are there more?
You believe in zombies yet have the cheek to rubbish my belief in an afterlife?

You have no genuine interest in my thoughts really, do you?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#53 Jan 16, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in zombies yet have the cheek to rubbish my belief in an afterlife?
You have no genuine interest in my thoughts really, do you?
In other words, you just want to be a troll.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#54 Jan 16, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in zombies yet have the cheek to rubbish my belief in an afterlife?
You have no genuine interest in my thoughts really, do you?
Well no, I don't believe in zombies, nor do I follow any of the zombie religions, but life after death is what zombie is, so apparently you are a believer.

Now you may not want to call your dead self a zombie to be, but if you are dead, and then reanimated by god-magic, you are zombie.

Life after death is what you are claiminmg, right? Explain to me, how that is not zombie.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#55 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you just want to be a troll.
In other words, I believe in life after death.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, I don't believe in zombies, nor do I follow any of the zombie religions, but life after death is what zombie is, so apparently you are a believer.
Now you may not want to call your dead self a zombie to be, but if you are dead, and then reanimated by god-magic, you are zombie.
Life after death is what you are claiminmg, right? Explain to me, how that is not zombie.
Very well, this zombie believes there is an existence of some sort after death. This zombie has seen on several occasions what this zombie believes to be spirits and has had expericed other world activity. There is nothing God like in my belief, indeed Christians think ghosts are in fact evil so that shoots down your thoughts on everything religious.

Any more questions you want this zombie to answer?

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#56 Jan 17, 2013
Atheists must convert to islam

You will not lose anything if you became a muslim

what will you lose?

If u live in peace, islam wants you to live in peace

If you against violence,islam is against violence

If you believe in charity and other great cause favors, Islam dedicates the same idea and charity is one of islamic pillars

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#57 Jan 17, 2013
people must save themselves and became muslims

You need ALLAH you need to accept him and do good in your life

You will be the winner after your death

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#58 Jan 17, 2013
Reason Personified and KittenKoder, ask Egypt turd here about giants and his evidence for them.

I'll go put the kettle on-----.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#59 Jan 17, 2013
Nubia forever!
Egyptian_lad wrote:
people must save themselves and became muslims
You need ALLAH you need to accept him and do good in your life
You will be the winner after your death

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60 Jan 17, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, I believe in life after death.
<quoted text>
Very well, this zombie believes there is an existence of some sort after death. This zombie has seen on several occasions what this zombie believes to be spirits and has had expericed other world activity. There is nothing God like in my belief, indeed Christians think ghosts are in fact evil so that shoots down your thoughts on everything religious.
Any more questions you want this zombie to answer?
One question, why do you believe in something for which there is absolutely zero evidence supporting?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 15 min Jaimie 55
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min New Age Spiritual... 226,370
The Ultimate Evidence of God 27 min Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 30 min Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 58 min CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr CunningLinguist 39
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr CunningLinguist 429
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••