God's divine plan... Then why pray?!

Posted in the Atheism Forum

Free Thinker

Temecula, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2012
Christians would argue that god has a divine plan for everyone. No matter what you do or the decisions you make, every single life has a pre destined ending his own way. Well... If thats the case, whats the point in praying? If youre praying, youre disrupting gods plan for you.

Ex: a young girl gets cancer, everyone prays for her to live, yet she dies. Well that was gods plan to take her and youre a selfish christian for challenging his decision for her fate!

Sounds Dumb right?

“Work out your own salvation.”

Since: Jan 12

new york

#2 Apr 12, 2012
Free Thinker wrote:
Christians would argue that god has a divine plan for everyone. No matter what you do or the decisions you make, every single life has a pre destined ending his own way. Well... If thats the case, whats the point in praying? If youre praying, youre disrupting gods plan for you.
Ex: a young girl gets cancer, everyone prays for her to live, yet she dies. Well that was gods plan to take her and youre a selfish christian for challenging his decision for her fate!
Sounds Dumb right?
Guess he planned nine eleven slavery etc how effing dumb. Screw gods plan if he exists hes a malevolent beast
Epicurus

Casselberry, FL

#4 Apr 12, 2012
Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem.

"If god exists I hope he has a good excuse"
~Woody Allen

“Work out your own salvation.”

Since: Jan 12

new york

#5 Apr 12, 2012
Epicurus wrote:
Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem.
~Woody Allen
thats a excellent quote. If i ever meet god we will be having a long talk

“68 65 6c 6c 6f”

Since: Mar 11

Mechanicsville, VA

#6 Apr 16, 2012
If it has a divine plan wouldn't that negate the need to study a religious doctrine?
Smart One with big mouth

Dade City, FL

#7 Sep 9, 2012
Free Thinker wrote:
Sounds Dumb right?
Yep you it all!
Smart One with big mouth

Dade City, FL

#8 Sep 9, 2012
You know nothing you nitwit!

“68 65 6c 6c 6f”

Since: Mar 11

Mechanicsville, VA

#9 Sep 10, 2012
Epicurus wrote:
Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem.
~Woody Allen
Tow hands working are worth more than a 1000 praying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 39 min dirtclod 14,716
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min thetruth 234,703
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 1,502
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 1 hr thetruth 1,262
why? 1 hr thetruth 60
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Mikko 23,494
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 hr woodtick57 2,848
More from around the web