Gitmo Prison Guard Converts From Athe...

Gitmo Prison Guard Converts From Atheism To Islam After Seeing...

There are 1239 comments on the Mediaite.com story from Apr 6, 2013, titled Gitmo Prison Guard Converts From Atheism To Islam After Seeing.... In it, Mediaite.com reports that:

CNN has an amazing story out of Guantanamo Bay about an American atheist prison camp guard that converted to Islam after spending extensive time talking to with some of the English speaking prisoners there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mediaite.com.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#42 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is true. But he does need to be fired, or simply moved to other duties. He is now a security risk that could pop at any time. Often it's the converts that are even worse or more fundamentalist. It's one thing when someone is born into Islam and brainwashed from a very young, defenseless age, but when an adult converts, there's something wrong with them to begin with. There's something wrong with their ability to reason and Islam conversion is merely the symptom, not the root cause.
I knew a guy who converted, and he was a smart guy and a decent guy, and he was even a computer programmer, so he wasn't stupid at all. But even before he converted, there was always something missing in his rationale when you had a discussion with him. There was always one piece missing in his mind where he would disagree for irrational or emotional reasons and he often never quite added up and you could never explain to him why he wasn't adding up, he would just get annoyed and dismiss you. It was like he could only see one side to every story. So it really was little surprise to me that he became a Muslim. Seemed like the next natural progression for him.
This seems like that is the kind of one sided mind set that it takes to be a Muslim. They always know what is done to them, but they never think about their actions as the reason it is being done to them. That seems to be a common theme with many Muslims. Look at Palestine. They lob rockets into Israel and they are dismayed and scream injustice when Israel retaliates. It's as though they actually believe that they do nothing at all, and the big bad giant always comes over and picks on them for absolutely no reason at all while they are innocently knitting sweaters.
You are asking for someone to fired on the grounds of their religion, just like Islamic terrorists call for the killing of other people on the grounds that their not muslim. That is the point you are not making retorts your making me repeat myself.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#43 May 25, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking for someone to fired on the grounds of their religion, just like Islamic terrorists call for the killing of other people on the grounds that their not muslim. That is the point you are not making retorts your making me repeat myself.
Actually, I was really suggesting that he be moved to other duties where he can't be a security risk, or at least not as much of one. They can give him some sort of desk job back in the states, but you don't want him in an area that is found to be so detestable by Muslims, when he is a recent convert.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#44 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was really suggesting that he be moved to other duties where he can't be a security risk, or at least not as much of one. They can give him some sort of desk job back in the states, but you don't want him in an area that is found to be so detestable by Muslims, when he is a recent convert.
What's the difference your still taking him away from the job he wanted to have.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#45 May 25, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference your still taking him away from the job he wanted to have.
Because he has now changed from his original interview, and can we now be sure that this is the job he still wants anymore? Thank about it.
Switcher

Tulsa, OK

#46 May 25, 2013
It is proof that he is so weak minded that he can be swayed from his original belief. Get him off the island and into a position that can be easily monitored.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#47 May 25, 2013
Does it have to be spelled out to you Ben? All of this seems to still have to be spelled out to liberals and apologists, no matter what happens. There's always an excuse for what clearly happens right in front of them. Even though the ?fort Hood shooter was actually a psychologist, it's always written off as though he was merely a lunatic, not a pious Muslim carrying out the duties that are clearly in the Quran.

This is the little lie that people love to tell themselves rather than face the actual truth. And the best part is that all of these liberals have never even actually read the Quran, but they love to comment on Muslims and project their own personal understandings of themselves and life in general on to Muslims.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#48 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is true. But he does need to be fired, or simply moved to other duties. He is now a security risk that could pop at any time. Often it's the converts that are even worse or more fundamentalist. It's one thing when someone is born into Islam and brainwashed from a very young, defenseless age, but when an adult converts, there's something wrong with them to begin with. There's something wrong with their ability to reason and Islam conversion is merely the symptom, not the root cause.

I knew a guy who converted, and he was a smart guy and a decent guy, and he was even a computer programmer, so he wasn't stupid at all. But even before he converted, there was always something missing in his rationale when you had a discussion with him. There was always one piece missing in his mind where he would disagree for irrational or emotional reasons and he often never quite added up and you could never explain to him why he wasn't adding up, he would just get annoyed and dismiss you. It was like he could only see one side to every story. So it really was little surprise to me that he became a Muslim. Seemed like the next natural progression for him.

This seems like that is the kind of one sided mind set that it takes to be a Muslim. They always know what is done to them, but they never think about their actions as the reason it is being done to them. That seems to be a common theme with many Muslims. Look at Palestine. They lob rockets into Israel and they are dismayed and scream injustice when Israel retaliates. It's as though they actually believe that they do nothing at all, and the big bad giant always comes over and picks on them for absolutely no reason at all while they are innocently knitting sweaters.
I agree: converting to such a religion, be it Fundie-Christian or Fundie-Islam, is indicative of a very sick mind.

Clinically insane, in fact-- as you say, a security risk at a bare minimum.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#49 May 25, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking for someone to fired on the grounds of their religion, just like Islamic terrorists call for the killing of other people on the grounds that their not muslim. That is the point you are not making retorts your making me repeat myself.
Fired? No. Moved to where he cannot be a threat to himself and others? You betcha-- there is precedent that in high security jobs, a person must show mental stability.

Converting to a religion so 180 degrees from where he was, is quite indicative of mental instability-- to the point of clinical danger.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#50 May 25, 2013
Switcher wrote:
It is proof that he is so weak minded that he can be swayed from his original belief. Get him off the island and into a position that can be easily monitored.
Agreed: that he went 180 degrees, mentally? Is a very strong indicator his mind is far from stable.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#51 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree: converting to such a religion, be it Fundie-Christian or Fundie-Islam, is indicative of a very sick mind.
Clinically insane, in fact-- as you say, a security risk at a bare minimum.
But I don't see a fundie Christian as a risk because Jesus doesn't tell them to do the things that the Quran clearly tells Muslims to do. That's the difference. You have to actually read the Quran to understand, but nobody here has, and yet they comment on things as if they know. They know NOTHING about Muslims until they read the Quran and the hadiths.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#52 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't see a fundie Christian as a risk because Jesus doesn't tell them to do the things that the Quran clearly tells Muslims to do. That's the difference.
Really? Care to explain why so many Genuine Christians™ teach their children it is okay to ridicule gay people so much, that too often the gay folk commit suicide as a result?

How is that different?

Or how about when an atheist high school A+ student speaks out against religious inequality, she gets so many death threats, that she literally requires police protection from Genuine Christians™?

How is *that* different?

In reality, I see no *functional* difference between the two.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#53 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Care to explain why so many Genuine Christians™ teach their children it is okay to ridicule gay people so much, that too often the gay folk commit suicide as a result? How is that different?
Because they don't commit actual violence against them, and if they do, ask them where Jesus told them to do that and if they were honest Christians, they would shut up and not be able to answer your question. It's a good question to ask them.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about when an atheist high school A+ student speaks out against religious inequality, she gets so many death threats, that she literally requires police protection from Genuine Christians™?
How is *that* different?
See above, a religion is not defined by the stupidity of it's "supposed" followers, it's defined by the words of who they "think" they follow.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality, I see no *functional* difference between the two.
I do.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#54 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they don't commit actual violence against them,
Violence is MORE than just beating the crap outta someone--

--- if you participate in a systematic abuse against a target group?

As you hate-filled, judgmental Genuine Christholes™ do against gays?

(you KNOW you do this.... admit it, and be HONEST for a change)

That is violence too-- you are DIRECTLY guilty for the destruction of their selfesteem, and eventual suicide.

I bet you CELEBRATE the suicide of every gay teen you read about.

Don't you?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#55 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
See above, a religion is not defined by the stupidity of it's "supposed" followers, it's defined by the words of who they "think" they follow.
False.

Until and *if* you can *ever* get your god to come down and *explain*? In *plain* English?

For any and all to see?(hint: a 2000+ year old book of lies doesn't qualify-- a REAL god can do better-- and should)

Then, religion *IS* defined by the most stupid of it's followers.

And I see you are a credit to that, too...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#56 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I do.
Of course!

You have *literally* damaged your mind by repeating the lies so often, you are no longer able to function rationally.

Christianity and Islam are two sides of a very thin coin...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#57 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Violence is MORE than just beating the crap outta someone--
--- if you participate in a systematic abuse against a target group?
Who's system is that? Everybody is brainwashed to one degree or another, whether they know this or not.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
As you hate-filled, judgmental Genuine Christholes™ do against gays?
Show me where Jesus said to do that. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. How can you remove the speck from your brothers eye when you have a plank in your own eye. Can any more wise words be spoken?
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
(you KNOW you do this.... admit it, and be HONEST for a change)
Me???
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is violence too-- you are DIRECTLY guilty for the destruction of their selfesteem, and eventual suicide.
Me???
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you CELEBRATE the suicide of every gay teen you read about.
Don't you?
Me??? Why do you think that? Show me any post of mine that makes you think that and I'll discuss it with you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#58 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Until and *if* you can *ever* get your god to come down and *explain*? In *plain* English?{/QUOTE]

To me, God is an absolute mystery. It's like asking the computer software to understand the programmer.

[QUOTE who="Bob of Quantum-Faith"]<quoted text>
For any and all to see?(hint: a 2000+ year old book of lies doesn't qualify-- a REAL god can do better-- and should)
God should behave as you think? You created everything? Your wisdom is the ultimate wisdom? My, that's mighty big and self complimentary of you to say.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, religion *IS* defined by the most stupid of it's followers.
And I see you are a credit to that, too...
((chuckle chuckle)). No biggie, I know that you are discussing an an issue that you are very angry about. Can't say that I blame you, at least, on the surface of the matter. I don't deny your suffering.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#59 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course!
You have *literally* damaged your mind by repeating the lies so often, you are no longer able to function rationally.
Christianity and Islam are two sides of a very thin coin...
You have no idea about what I say. All you see is anger. And that's okay, tell me all about it. Release it. I'm here and I will answer anything that you say.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#60 May 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Until and *if* you can *ever* get your god to come down and *explain*? In *plain* English?
Jesus did, so what's the problem? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Is it Jesus' problem that people can't do that? Why can't they? Perhaps that's the first question to be asked.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#61 May 25, 2013
Our soldier's take an oath to defend all American citizens.
That soldier that converted to Islam dissolved his commitment to defend the rights of all American citizens.
He took an oath of allegiance to Muhammad and Muhammad's god called Allah.

And Muhammad's followers are at war with all non-Muslims.
That means the soldier is at war with all American non-Muslim citizens of America.
And needs to be removed from the arm services.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 37 min Subduction Zone 206
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Subduction Zone 75,430
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 51 min Nemesis 4,070
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Subduction Zone 6,108
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) 1 hr John 164
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 - 32,055
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 7 hr Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web