Atheism is an intellectual luxury for...

Atheism is an intellectual luxury for the wealthy

There are 41 comments on the The Raw Story story from Dec 24, 2013, titled Atheism is an intellectual luxury for the wealthy. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

They prayed whenever they could find 15 minutes. "Preacher Man", as we called him, would read from the Bible with his tiny round glasses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

Jim

London, UK

#21 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is a sign of hate
Says the shameless Cult Member that claims all Atheists are fools and is too cowardly to correct it.
LCNin

United States

#22 Jan 3, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist Cult Member psychobabble.
Do you feel philosophy is of no value?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#24 Jan 3, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the shameless Cult Member that claims all Atheists are fools and is too cowardly to correct it.
You are repeating the same page in the handbook, Limey.

Use your thumbs, turn the page.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNin

United States

#26 Jan 3, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Another attempt to change the subject away from your stupid Creationist Cult that believes the earth is 3000 years old failed.
Creationist Cult Members love to talk about philosophy & love as subjects to misdirect people away from the lies they tell about god.
Christians who feel discomfort when asked to prove a god that they know they are lying about, will try to challenge people on love and philosophy, because nobody wins at those topics, since they are not based in facts.
The irony is that proof is a large part of philosophy - and Creationist Cult Members like LCNin don't have any proof of god.
They will try to play victim sometimes too, when in fact it is their Cult that states that all Atheists are fools, simply for being Atheist and asking for proof of god...
Lets sww how LCN the Creationist Troll squirms out of this one now.
Maybe he will post some more Queen-Spam?
Or ask his buddies Dave Nelson & Buck to further harass Atheists on the topix forum.
There are very few options left for a Verified Creationist Cult Member whose religious propoganda has stopped working permanently.
Maybe LCNin he should work as a politician instead?
Peace.
To a person devoted to materialist proofs
there is nothing to offer except faith.

The Pope seems to be doing well

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#27 Jan 3, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is a sign of hate
Indeed-- I keep pointing out the hate oozing from people such as you.

Not unlike a sign-post, pointing out a dangerous bridge out ahead.

So yeah, it is a sign of hate: pointing directly at you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#28 Jan 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When your Creationist Cult and its Creationist Cult Members stop needing to spam the Atheism forum, your criminal religious Cult will not look so much like a Cult anymore.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#32 Jan 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
This coming from a retarded POS that posted all Atheists are despicable people.
I would never say that of all believers, as most are not unreasonable bigots.
Your hate is matched only by your ignorance.
<quoted text>
I believe all atheist's are partially despicable. The part not believing in God and the disrespect for people's views and beliefs.
Also, please don't deny you hate religion, because you do, you just won't admit anything whatsoever, because you don't like to be wrong to a christian. Why? Because that's what is a atheist.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#33 Jan 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all atheist's are partially despicable. The part not believing in God and the disrespect for people's views and beliefs.
Also, please don't deny you hate religion, because you do, you just won't admit anything whatsoever, because you don't like to be wrong to a christian. Why? Because that's what is a atheist.
Christianity is a religion of hate and you show it well
Thinking

Poole, UK

#34 Jan 5, 2014
No. You posted all Atheists are despicable people.
That is a hate position.

However much I point out what is evil and retarded in a religion, I never automatically hate believers. I judge people by their actions, I give everyone a chance.

But you posted all Atheists are despicable people.
That is a hate position.

You are a massive moron but I don't hate you. You're simply not important enough to me.

That is a hate position.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#35 Jan 6, 2014
Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree"
Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree"
Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree"
1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree" make your minds up was your arab jew, hung from a tree or died on a cross
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Philosophy
is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[1][2] Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.[3] In more casual speech, by extension, "philosophy" can refer to "the most basic beliefs, concepts, and attitudes of an individual or group".[4]
The word "philosophy" comes from the Ancient Greek &#966;&#953;&#955; &#959;&#963;&#959; &#966;&#943;&#945; (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom".[5][6][7] The introduction of the terms "philosopher" and "philosophy" has been ascribed to the Greek thinker Pythagoras.[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#36 Jan 6, 2014
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a religion of hate and you show it well
You are very right(sarcastic) We help the poor, we build hospitals, we actually give courage to the poverty. But we are a religion of hate.

Nelson Mandela is a very, very hateful man, don't you think. He saved his country, but he is a big sign of hate. He hates the whites, he hates other people that are not christian, but he saved them.

I guess Billy Graham, is also very hateful. He saved and cared for so much children who didn't believe in God. But he saved them, although he hated them.

Think why there is 2billion christians on this planet. Because we at least have something to strive for. To save our planet, to spread the word of God.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#37 Jan 6, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That is a hate position.
However much I point out what is evil and retarded in a religion, I never automatically hate believers. I judge people by their actions, I give everyone a chance.
That is a hate position.
You are a massive moron but I don't hate you. You're simply not important enough to me.
That is a hate position.
<quoted text>
I dislike. If I hated you, then why am I the one not calling names.(THINK)ing about it.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#38 Jan 6, 2014
That is a hate position.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I dislike. If I hated you, then why am I the one not calling names.(THINK)ing about it.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#39 Jan 6, 2014
Mandela was not faithful. Ironic that you require everything to be black and white.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very right(sarcastic) We help the poor, we build hospitals, we actually give courage to the poverty. But we are a religion of hate.
Nelson Mandela is a very, very hateful man, don't you think. He saved his country, but he is a big sign of hate. He hates the whites, he hates other people that are not christian, but he saved them.
I guess Billy Graham, is also very hateful. He saved and cared for so much children who didn't believe in God. But he saved them, although he hated them.
Think why there is 2billion christians on this planet. Because we at least have something to strive for. To save our planet, to spread the word of God.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#40 Jan 6, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple minded, bitter religious liar with no evidence of god, pretending to be angry.

You simply hate Atheists because we remind you of your stupid decision a long time ago to deny facts and science.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#41 Jan 6, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence of god, religious people do god because they want to get into heaven, not because they actually care about people.

If they cared, they would not dress it up with religious - an evidenceless cult of liars with no morals or honesty whatsoever.
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#42 Jan 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar cults failed this christmas, didn't they buck crick, Creationist Cult Member?

Location hidden

#43 Jan 6, 2014
look what christianity did to south africa, the slave trade,slavery has got to be one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#44 Jan 6, 2014
Having laid claim to an entire continent and eradicated most of its native peoples, the Christian conquerors of North America came into possession of an immense land. The rapid exploitation of its potential required a vast labour force and, until a surge in European migration in the later 19th century, this was taken against its will out of Africa, leaving the demography of that continent permanently damaged. On the southern plantations of tobacco and cotton the captive labourers enriched an elite of white landowners who themselves provided trade and custom for the northeast and the Old World. Christianity, malleable as ever, morphed not only into the self-justifying ideology of the racist southern oligarchs, but also into the uplifting faith of freedom and salvation of the slaves themselves.

Quite some trick for the cult of a west Asian sun-god.

Location hidden

#45 Jan 6, 2014
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/slavery.html
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min DanFromSmithville 35,200
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 39 min An NFL Fan 20,112
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 51 min NightSerf 32
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr ChristineM 14,944
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 255,514
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr NightSerf 3,714
News a€‹GORMAN: Science is a religion 1 hr hpcaban 2
More from around the web