Atheist Babies

Atheist Babies

There are 43 comments on the Longrider story from Jun 13, 2014, titled Atheist Babies. In it, Longrider reports that:

Andrew Brown wibbles over at CiF about Dawkins' assertion that babies are atheist - that is, atheism is the default and that religious belief is taught.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Longrider.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#21 Jun 19, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies are innocent, whether they are orphaned or adopted, it is that child who will grow into his own person with beliefs based on whatever education he is given, especially Bible teachings.
You cannot make anyone love or obey God or Jesus, it is the heart condition of a person that will cultivate that seed of truth.
Matthew 13:18-23
Or, as it is acceptable to the Abrahamic god, if they were sold into sexual slavery or raped into marriage. Seldom have toddlers been fully indoctrinated, before the age of 3, so it would be the owners/users of these babies who do the indoctrination, and not the parents adoptive or otherwise.

"Jesus loves me, this I know for the buybull tells me so ......."

Speaking of love and Jesus, shouldn't Sunday school include the biblical threat to have Mommie and Daddy cook and eat their children? It would be so much more effective in keeping the little kiddies geared towards a life of filling a tithing envelope.

Babies are all atheist, meaning without/free of theism.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#22 Jun 20, 2014
All life is from God, therefore He has the right to give and take it away.
The life we know from being born to imperfect parents, with inherited weaknesses and defects, is not and never was God's will for His earthly creation of man.

Jehovah created Adam and Eve to have perfect children, just like them.
Since they deliberately obeyed Satan the Devil, who became their god, they lost paradise and everlasting life.

Today we have the hope from Jesus himself, he is the Resurrection and Life, all those dead in the grave, will be resurrected back to life on earth, in the new paradise, after this world is restored by Jesus, our reigning King in heaven.
John 5:28,29
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#23 Jun 20, 2014
All life is from God,[blah, babble]...
Religion = superstition
It's divisive and outdated

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#24 Jun 20, 2014
The life we know from being born to imperfect parents, with inherited weaknesses and defects, is not and never was God's will for His earthly creation of man.
Since they deliberately obeyed Satan the Devil, who became their god, they lost paradise and everlasting life.
Today we have the hope from Jesus himself, he is the Resurrection and Life, all those dead in the grave, will be resurrected back to life on earth, in the new paradise, after this world is restored by Jesus, our reigning King in heaven.
You are making statements based on bronze age guesswork and claiming them as factÂ… why is it that you have to deceive?

So you are saying that your god made the good bits of us but not the bad bits? Therefore despite the fact that you believe your god made everything he did not make childhood leukaemia and the mosquito? Please explain your thinking here.

Ahh so the DNA that you consider accurate enough to convict a suspect for murder with 100% certainty is not accurate enough when it tells us Y adam and mDNA eve lived more than 100,000 years apart. Either that or one of them was into some serious necrophilia.

And now you are saying than an omnipotent god got it wrong?

And you also seem to have a fetish for zombies. Methinks you are in the wrong game, it should be Nintendo.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#25 Jun 20, 2014
The relgitard argument for Unintelligent Design.
...The life we know from being born to imperfect parents...
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#26 Jun 20, 2014
Thinking wrote:
The relgitard argument for Unintelligent Design.
<quoted text>
Only the ignorant would argue the design of the human body and life's purpose, and those who are ignorant of the Bible. Too bad, it's not that far away from anyone.
1 Timothy 2: 3,4

Earth,TX

#27 Jun 20, 2014
No more imperfect parent figure has ever existed than the total fail Abrahamic god-myth Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah.

And btw, it would have to exist and be proven a god before it had rights to any human's life. Even then it would only be men, and Jewish men at that.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#28 Jun 21, 2014
No. Of course they'd tell you to say that.
<quoted text>
Only the ignorant would argue the design of the human body and life's purpose, and those who are ignorant of the Bible. Too bad, it's not that far away from anyone.
1 Timothy 2: 3,4

Earth,TX

#29 Jun 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
And they can prove it too, scientifically. All men have one less rib than any woman does.

Earth,TX

#30 Jun 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, sorry my bad, that was supposed to have read "All Jewish men have one less rib than any woman does."
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#31 Jun 21, 2014
"Yeah, but back then, Adam had one more rib. And one of god's days is actually a volume or a unit of liquid. Or something. I don't need to explain specifics because I have faith."

:)
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, sorry my bad, that was supposed to have read "All Jewish men have one less rib than any woman does."

Earth,TX

#32 Jun 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
"Yeah, but back then, Adam had one more rib. And one of god's days is actually a volume or a unit of liquid. Or something. I don't need to explain specifics because I have faith."
:)
<quoted text>
So was Adam created in it's image and then modified? The god is circumcised, and the god carries that extra rib which Adam lost? Does faith answer questions.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#33 Jun 22, 2014
And, being ancient, is their god also senile and prone to haemorrhoids?
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So was Adam created in it's image and then modified? The god is circumcised, and the god carries that extra rib which Adam lost? Does faith answer questions.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#34 Jun 22, 2014
Everyone can see by your posts you are both in mental darkness, and oh, how great that darkness, what a pity to waste human flesh.
Thinking

Beaminster, UK

#35 Jun 22, 2014
The bible says your god drowned every baby not on the ark.
Everyone can see by your posts you are both in mental darkness, and oh, how great that darkness, what a pity to waste human flesh.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#36 Jun 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Parents are responsible for their children, according to Jesus, he taught that obedience to parents direction was vital, if the parents disobey God's Prophet for survival, the children die too.
The same is true today, the war of Armageddon will destroy every ungodly person, only the meek will survive. Psalms 37:11. Proverbs 2:21,22
Jesus said his word will endure after heaven and earth have passed away.

This is bad news for the meek.

Bad news for the 144,000 as well.

Earth,TX

#37 Jun 22, 2014
Thinking wrote:
And, being ancient, is their god also senile and prone to haemorrhoids?
<quoted text>
I'd say that's an affirmative. LOL!

Earth,TX

#38 Jun 22, 2014
Nothing like knowing the buybull, right? The truly sad bit would be believing it.

I can hold up scriptures that say a girl child 3 years and 1 day old is ready to be raped into marriage, and a scripture showing that gold dipt rats and 'roids make for god worthy sacrifices, and scripture holding threats of forcing you to eat your own children. Oh yeah, I know your bubull. I have read every word, EVERY WORD in it, and it totally voids itself with contradictions.

How is not falling for such filth, a problem. I am free of Paganism, Satanism, Christianity. All inferior 'isms are anathema to me. I claim the accumulation of knowledge to be above all things, and the principles of humanism what we should all devote ourselves to.

Long live mankind, screw the gods!
Patrick

United States

#39 Sep 19, 2014
This is all based on faith which can not be proved,........ so be it?

There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat.
And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.
--William Shakespeare
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#40 Sep 20, 2014
This world of mankind's time is almost up, whether you believe in the global flood that destroyed the world of mankind in Noah 's day or not does not matter, there is enough evidence to prove the mountains were once covered with water, and Jesus taught the flood of Noah.
Matthew 24: 36-39

The fact is, Almighty God Jehovah will allow all the nations on earth to know him, before the end.
That's right, you will see the power of Almighty God Jehovah, just as the ancient Pharaoh of Egypt and his subjects did, and the Kings who fought against god's people, and all the disobedient Jews who refused to obey their prophets as Moses, Ezekiel and Daniel.

There will be no doubt in anyone's mind who is behind the destruction of this ungodly world, all power and authority from Jehovah God is given to his reigning King Jesus, who will protect his obedient and meek subjects, Jehovah's witnesses, and only these will survive and come out of the great tribulation.
Matthew 28:18
Revelation 7:14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 min John 144
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 74,920
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Subduction Zone 6,092
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Subduction Zone 32,045
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 hr Dogen 4,059
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web