How Not To Interpret That Religion an...

How Not To Interpret That Religion and IQ Study

There are 22 comments on the National Review Online story from Aug 16, 2013, titled How Not To Interpret That Religion and IQ Study. In it, National Review Online reports that:

The authors conducted a "meta-analysis" to show that there is a moderately negative correlation between religious belief and IQ among individuals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Review Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#21 Aug 22, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a wind bag with a foul mouth, you are still just a wind bag.
Oh my I used a naughty word, how about you actually address the arguments I used or otherwise I'm going to have to use more naughty words to describe you, like F***ing coward, S***ing troll or worst of all queer burner...

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#22 Aug 22, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
I.Q. is a matter of being educated, but schooling doesn't produce intelligence, and being a Professor or a Scholar doesn't mean you have common sense and knowledge how to be godly.
Being religious means you go to Church and you believe and obey the Church rules and doctrines of your religion.
Going to Church does not make you a Christian, and neither does knowing what the Bible teaches.
Reading your Bible and the life of Jesus and the faithful examples of the followers of Jesus who lived in pure worship to the God of the Bible, Almighty God Jehovah will help you to find the truth of success and happiness. Isaiah 48:17,18
It's really difficult to evaluate the intelligence of someone who clings to an erroneous hybrid error made by an ignorant monk in the 13th century as the name of their god and insists that people call on this error, "jehovah", that means in Hebrew, "god of mischief" to be saved from being hacked to death by angels that can travel almost as fast as the speed of light according to Judge Rutherford and should be arriving here on earth now any minute!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 min woodtick57 50,970
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 12 min Uncle Sam 11,713
News Speaking for God 19 min Limpballs 563
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 39 min JustASkeptic 3
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr I Am No One_ 254,974
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Brian_G 29,557
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr Thinking 9,617
More from around the web