Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#208560 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Because we've created certain molds.
We've defined what is feminine and what is masculine.
When men act feminine, that breaks the mold.
When women act masculine, that breaks the mold.
You didn't answer my question.
YOUR mold was hopefully bashed to bits. One of you is too many.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#208561 Jan 28, 2014
Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by Charles Darwin and others, stating that all species of organisms arise and develop through the natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individual's ability to compete, survive, and reproduce. Also called Darwinian theory.

The Roman Catholic Church has announced its acceptance of it many times and Papal statements to that effect have been linked here.

You are a once again a proven liar and moron.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208562 Jan 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn’t you lying pratt
I said that 3 popes/catholic church accept Darwinism as is multiply documented including documents written by the popes themselves.
Just because you do not agree with 3 popes and have no frigging idea of the meaning and concept of Darwinism is not my problem
You have no document saying that, because there is no such document.

The claim that the Pope and the entire Catholic church is atheist is entirely your own assertion.

I admire you for sticking with it.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#208563 Jan 28, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
And agian...what effect is this going to have on YOU?
None.
You have no argument.
Leaving the law as it is also has no effect on me.

So what?

Legalization of polygamy would also have no effect on me.

So what?

Making it a crime for being under 6'6" would also have no effect on me.

So what?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#208565 Jan 28, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Do you reckon Ben has a punchable face?
Likely so.

I would know for sure if I gave it a couple of pops.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#208566 Jan 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by Charles Darwin and others, stating that all species of organisms arise and develop through the natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individual's ability to compete, survive, and reproduce. Also called Darwinian theory.
The Roman Catholic Church has announced its acceptance of it many times and Papal statements to that effect have been linked here.
You are a once again a proven liar and moron.
No, you're wrong.

ALL species?

How did he first species arise through "small, inherited variations" when there was no species to reproduce? How did it "inherit"?

Did you find a Will?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#208567 Jan 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
So you already know you have a better explanation than a deity for any idea you perceive, even before you perceive it or know what it will be.
I have a choice of several better explanations for anything I might perceive.

Any explanation, if I know that it's possible, trumps all explanations that I can't rule in as possible. I don't know if deities are possible. I have no explanation for how they could be. I'm not willing to assume with no support whatsoever.
Buck Crick wrote:
But your mind isn't closed to the deity explanation.
I see.
My mind isn't closed to the possibility that deities could exist. That doesn't mean that I could be convinced that they exist, even if they did. How can a deity distinguish itself from advanced technology? How can I know I'm not suffering a hallucination or delusion? The Matrix is a more likely explanation than a deity claim.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#208568 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, but they're trying to force us to accept a fundamental change in what marriage is. Not as a man & woman, a husband and wife, no. It's just a union between two people.
That's the ugly fact y'all always dismiss with your "get over it" attitudes.
You want us to brush our values aside and accept yours but you're not willing to accept our values.
Why should we accept your values?
Why do you think your values trump mine?
Nobody is trying to change what your marriage is. You'll still be married to a woman. Your sons will still be free to marry women. You, being in California, should realise that. I'm assuming your marriage didn't go POOF when the first two lesbians legally married each other in that state.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#208569 Jan 28, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://nation.time.com/2014/01 /22/godless-cities-in-america/ ?hpt=hp_t3
I would think neo-atheists would keep and read Bibles judging from their quoting it all of the time. Incessantly.
They should have asked about reading it on the internet.
How many Topix atheists DON'T have a Bible in their house?
I don't have one but I do sometimes take them from hotel rooms and hand them out to the homeless. They make good insulation if you rip out the pages and stuff them inside your jacket. Charity begins at home, ya know?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#208570 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still assuming that Adam was illiterate.
You have no knowledge or evidence for that assumption.
Like I said, it feeds your ignorance and makes you feel safe.
You're still assuming that Adam was real.
It feeds your ignorance and makes you feel safe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208571 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Any explanation, if I know that it's possible, trumps all explanations that I can't rule in as possible. I don't know if deities are possible. I have no explanation for how they could be. I'm not willing to assume with no support whatsoever.
<quoted text>
My mind isn't closed to the possibility that deities could exist. That doesn't mean that I could be convinced that they exist, even if they did. How can a deity distinguish itself from advanced technology? How can I know I'm not suffering a hallucination or delusion? The Matrix is a more likely explanation than a deity claim.
Science fiction is fiction, Tide.

It isn't real.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#208572 Jan 28, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. why must everyone fit a certain mold ??..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because we've created certain molds.
At times, those "molds", change. Especially when they are outdated.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We've defined what is feminine and what is masculine.
Just like we've defined what is racist and misogynistic. You're familiar with that, no?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
When men act feminine, that breaks the mold.
What is "feminine", for a man?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
When women act masculine, that breaks the mold
What is "masculine" for a woman?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You didn't answer my question.
Let's look at that question.
Ar Ar wrote:
That'd indicate a disdain for men that act like women. I feel the same way about women that act like men, so does that indicate a disdain for men? Disdain? It could be.

You don't approve of how people act if it doesn't fit the mold that you feel people should fit as far as "masculine", or, "feminine". I think that qualifies as disdain.

Based upon the racism and misogyny you've exhibited in the past, your opinions about how people should act or be treated are inferior opinions. The outdated "molds" that you hold so dearly are becoming irrelevant.

Issues such as women being able to vote, equal rights and civil rights - in general - come to mind, and those issues broke those "molds".

The mold of "marriage", will be changed.

You can resist it all you like, but the world is changing, Ar Ar.

I guess you'll be a deunificationist. That'll go good with the racism and misogyny you embrace.

Maybe you should pray?

Yeah, that'll work~/.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208573 Jan 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to change what your marriage is. You'll still be married to a woman. Your sons will still be free to marry women. You, being in California, should realise that. I'm assuming your marriage didn't go POOF when the first two lesbians legally married each other in that state.
I know no ones's trying to change my marriage.

That's why I didn't say someone is trying to change my marriage

I said some folks are trying to change the meaning of marriage.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208574 Jan 28, 2014
River Tam wrote:

You're still assuming that Adam was real.
It feeds your ignorance and makes you feel safe.
Touché. lol

At least I admit that it's my belief.

Versus the Topix Atheist! version of " it's a fact".

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#208575 Jan 28, 2014

That was my swan song. Dave is going offline.

:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208576 Jan 28, 2014
scaritual wrote:
At times, those "molds", change. Especially when they are outdated.
Just like we've defined what is racist and misogynistic. You're familiar with that, no?
Yes.

I'm gonna remake the molds.

There, just did.

I'm no longer racist because the mold has changed.
What is "feminine", for a man? What is "masculine" for a woman?
Stupid Topix Atheists! and their stupid "define" questions.....

You don't approve of how people act if it doesn't fit the mold that you feel people should fit as far as "masculine", or, "feminine". I think that qualifies as disdain.
I neither approve or disapprove, I'm mery commenting on it.

Maybe you have disdain for people like me...
Based upon the racism and misogyny you've exhibited in the past, your opinions about how people should act or be treated are inferior opinions. The outdated "molds" that you hold so dearly are becoming irrelevant.
Nope. I've changed the mold, remember?

It's now acceptable and you have to accept it.
Issues such as women being able to vote, equal rights and civil rights - in general - come to mind, and those issues broke those "molds".
You're comparing legal rights to gender qualities.

Why?
The mold of "marriage", will be changed.

Maybe I can marry my car some day.
You can resist it all you like, but the world is changing, Ar Ar.
I guess you'll be a deunificationist. That'll go good with the racism and misogyny you embrace.
Maybe you should pray?
Yeah, that'll work~/.
Maybe.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#208577 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So when gay people were allowed to marry it changed what you and your wife mean to each other ?

I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#208578 Jan 28, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But your mind is NOT closed to a deity claim.

Though you preemptively rule it out.

Got it.

Wouldn't it be simpler if you just admitted the truth?
Jim

London, UK

#208579 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The mental illness of Creationism will never be a substitute for a proper science based education.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#208580 Jan 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Science fiction is fiction, Tide.
It isn't real.
Science fiction is real. It exists. People enjoy it. I just watched some Stargate Atlantis a few minutes ago.

You need to articulate your arguments a little better, if you have any that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min 15th Dalai Lama 87,506
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 35 min 15th Dalai Lama 5,836
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web