Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#208346 Jan 27, 2014
Bongo wrote:
You should also educate your fellow , Jim, about the fault of him making positive claims.
Why do you say that making positive claims is a fault? You and I both do it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#208347 Jan 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That was almost an interesting post.
I don't care that you smoke Dave, I'm sure that with all your wisdom and magic, you'll eventually figure out how to ark me up.
I sense that you cannot get a woman to touch you and can see why.
I'll let you get back to your misery now.
It's the saggy skin, nose and ear hair. You will understand when you get older.

Sigh...

In the old days I would have found the problem earlier, but the eyes are worn out, the hands are worn out, I'm worn out. If I just had a young woman eager to learn new tricks.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#208348 Jan 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor IANS. He doesn't understand how poetry expands the consciousness and connections. He understands Tab A into Slot A, and detailed instructions on how to assemble something. Wow!! He so smart, he put things together like they told him to. His creativity and imagination is limited to his believing in his intelligence and knowledge.
You know how much we all value your insights and advice.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208349 Jan 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not for truth-value. Sorry, but that's just not credible. It's inconsistent with the rest of your posting.
<quoted text>
That's not skepticism.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And nothing could.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then you failed. I told you how the church hurts gays. You parroted me, but couldn't back up your claim.
No church hurts gays.

Get off your high horse, the air is a little thin up there....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208350 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I thought that you once posted that you were learning tolerance from the unbelievers here. What's exhausting is the effort required to do that. It's like rolling a mossy boulder up an icy hill into a headwind during a mudslide.
Uh-huh

And getting you to acknowledge that some people teach homophobia and not "the church" is like pushing a rope.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208351 Jan 27, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave scores a lot of points on the crackpot index.
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html
If we could read your mind, we could closely monitor the Crackpot Index.

Location hidden

#208352 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You know how much we all value your insights and advice.
Wear T shirts with no pockets when smoking your intelligence making additive. That way you won't get crumbs in your pocket from the munchies, the mice will have no where to sit and dine, and you will just be speaking for yourself.

Location hidden

#208353 Jan 27, 2014
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/poll-63-dont-...

Notice how the numbers go down the more "progressive" and activist he gets?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208354 Jan 27, 2014
Feminist Blogger:'I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands And Kids'

"Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if itís a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These arenít accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And hereís the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/feminist-blog...

LMAO...

FemiNazis.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208355 Jan 27, 2014
FemiNazi wants a Cinderfella movie for kids.

"Watching Frozen, it's awesome. But come on @DisneyPictures ain't it finally time for a kid's film where the princess marries a princess?!"

Sally Kohn @sallykohn

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/kohn-time-dis...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#208357 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not for truth-value. Sorry, but that's just not credible. It's inconsistent with the rest of your posting.
<quoted text>
That's not skepticism.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And nothing could.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then you failed. I told you how the church hurts gays. You parroted me, but couldn't back up your claim.
I agree. RR may tell himself that he is questioning his faith, but I haven't seen any sign of it either. His positions always come straight out of conservative Christianity. And his arguments come from the worst of Christian apologetics.

I think his "I would kill my son if God told me to" says it all.

#208358 Jan 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave is waiting for your explanation of how magical holes in a finite and contiguous universal collection of stuff can grind up matter and spit it out.
Give me some real physics, big boy.
Dave, your knowledge of basic physics is so bad that it would take me (literally) years to bring you up to the point where you could understand.

But maybe you can understand this...the "hole" in black hole is allegorical in a sense. As is so common with theists, they are far too literal in their reading of things.

(Think of the Big Bang. No bang actually. No explosion. Just a rapid expansion of space. But "Big Bang" give a certain flavor of what really happened. The "bang" is allegorical.)

#208359 Jan 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If we could read your mind, we could closely monitor the Crackpot Index.
Says the guy that once claimed one of the Koreas was a Muslim country.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#208360 Jan 27, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bigot if you believe homosexuals are "sinners," if you believe that they are "wrong," and if you believe they aren't entitled to the same rights as everyone else. Bigotry wrapped in piety is still bigotry. Wouldn't you call a racist person using the bible to justify their racism a bigot? I do hope so.
You donít believe in God yet you believe in sinners?

The sexual act of homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible.

ďthey aren't entitled to the same rights as everyone else?Ē

Yes and No. Homosexuals should be allowed to work, live and be free. With all the inalienable rights we all have. But theyíre not entitled to trump our religious belief.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#208361 Jan 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Having kids and getting married are considered life milestones. We have baby showers and wedding parties as if itís a huge accomplishment and cause for celebration to be able to get knocked up or find someone to walk down the aisle with. These arenít accomplishments, they are actually super easy tasks, literally anyone can do them. They are the most common thing, ever, in the history of the world. They are, by definition, average. And hereís the thing, why on earth are we settling for average?"
LMAO...
FemiNazis.......
Wow. I pity her. She sounds like some here, so full of fear in the positions they claim to stand on she spends time ripping anyone that doesn't share her worldview. Btw, any woman that is married and raises children is a hero, they give up things for their family and despite her crap its not easy nor average.
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

#208362 Jan 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/new s/poll-63-dont-have-confidence -obama-make-right-decisions
Notice how the numbers go down the more "progressive" and activist he gets?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MDcbZYQTim4XX
The coward is yet again going to lecture the nation and spew more lies.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#208363 Jan 27, 2014
I see the, ahem, "heterosexuals" are still obsessed with homosexuality here on the thread aboutÖatheism.

Carry on, "heterosexuals", carry on...

Location hidden

#208364 Jan 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LMAO...
FemiNazis.......
For really.

Creating and preparing the next and subsequent generations is no big deal. They can do it with computers, trained professionals, and TV now. Why should women involve themselves in such mundane tasks? They can go out and show those men they have bigger dicks. Anyone can buy a bigger one on the internet.

Then after a few decades of showing how unnecessary the men and next generation are they can always retire and have that great sex with their 70-80-90 year old life partners, take strolls with their walkers together to keep those hip replacements in shape. Get drunk on Club Med vacations, just have a great old time. Oh, the fun they can have in those last 30-40 years with no kids to bug them. They can leave their money to their pet chihuahuas.

What real woman needs people calling them Mommy or Grandma?

Life would be just a blast for them.

Oh, if those stupid ignorant unenlightened twats out there having babies knew what they knew the world would be a better place.

Location hidden

#208365 Jan 27, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, your knowledge of basic physics is so bad that it would take me (literally) years to bring you up to the point where you could understand.
But maybe you can understand this...the "hole" in black hole is allegorical in a sense. As is so common with theists, they are far too literal in their reading of things.
(Think of the Big Bang. No bang actually. No explosion. Just a rapid expansion of space. But "Big Bang" give a certain flavor of what really happened. The "bang" is allegorical.)
Several light years in nanoseconds is an explosion. Read your physics books. I will venture to say that is faster than nitroglycerin exploding. Or light travels.

I didn't name them black holes. Astroohysicists did. Why would they do that?

Darwins Stupidson, go back to reading your comic books. You ain't gonna make it in the real world.

And don't forget your remark about reading things too literal when you talk about religious texts in the future. Someone will call you a hypocrite.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#208366 Jan 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Several light years in nanoseconds is an explosion. Read your physics books. I will venture to say that is faster than nitroglycerin exploding. Or light travels.
I didn't name them black holes. Astroohysicists did. Why would they do that?
Darwins Stupidson, go back to reading your comic books. You ain't gonna make it in the real world.
And don't forget your remark about reading things too literal when you talk about religious texts in the future. Someone will call you a hypocrite.
DarwinStepped-In-Shit lectures you about being ignorant of physics, but he doesn't know what an explosion is, and blames you for naming "black holes".

You put him in his place well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! 49 min Uncle Sam 41
Heaven 4 hr susanblange 41
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 8 hr tha Professor 76
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr Chiclets 23,039
Our world came from nothing? 10 hr _Bad Company 1,103
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 23 hr Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE