Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#208113 Jan 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're becoming a caricature.
Among other things, the redneck is suffering from the "kill your child at god's command" syndrome.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#208114 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...
Black holes as concentrated gravity. The belief they also exist in the center of galaxies.
Barycenters are the points between two objects orbiting each other. The center of mass between the two that a third object would center on. That's a gravity thing. The barycenter takes on the effect of a gravitational object. That spot is where the full force of the gravitational attraction meets and cancels the attraction between the two, but not to a third.
Of course there are more than two things out there.
Of course nothing sits still, so those don't, but they will take up a certain regional aspect if you take a snapshot.
Blackholes are the barycenter of a galaxy, or of galaxies. They will attract mass.
Funny how dealing with Topix atheist idiots can cause you to make connections.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7RJJ qEzqMwo/UWO2c-ui2FI/AAAAAAAAAB o/XXqxL7rSw_U/s1600/Geomantic% 2BDice.jpg

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#208115 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...
Black holes as concentrated gravity. The belief they also exist in the center of galaxies.
Barycenters are the points between two objects orbiting each other. The center of mass between the two that a third object would center on. That's a gravity thing. The barycenter takes on the effect of a gravitational object. That spot is where the full force of the gravitational attraction meets and cancels the attraction between the two, but not to a third.
Of course nothing sits still, so those don't, but they will take up a certain regional aspect if you take a snapshot.
Blackholes are the barycenter of a galaxy, or of galaxies. They will attract mass.
http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/wclassx...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#208116 Jan 26, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. what's wrong with that? Many heterosexual females wear men's clothes ..
It seems as though gay men wear women's clothes to stand out, to tell everyone "hey look at me, the gay guy. Aren't I incredible?"
.. why are you stereotyping? I think I already know the answer: women are suppose to be soft, right? And, according to RR, women are inferior to men, right? Most of the gay men I know are quite masculine ..
I've known only one gay guy that was masculine.

But the gays that you and I have known do not represent the whole.

Women are inferior to men in some regards, yes. In turn, men are inferior to women in some regards. This is basic nature.
.. you've claimed you want to learn. If so, tell me how you envision the role of a 'top'. Is that type of gay man still a sissy ??..
Hell yes!

He's sticking his schlong into a male butthole.

There's nothing homosexual about that, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208117 Jan 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Boo

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#208118 Jan 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
And there it is, the redneck wiseass response.
You're so intelligent.

That was another insult.

Reverse psychology and all....

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#208119 Jan 26, 2014
scaritual wrote:
After your fascination with the symbols fades try applying the speed of light and convergence of energy flows to geometric forms.

I did a divination of you this morning.

I see a flushing in your future.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#208120 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
After your fascination with the symbols fades try applying the speed of light and convergence of energy flows to geometric forms.
I did a divination of you this morning.
I see a flushing in your future.
"Traditionally, geomancy requires a surface of sand and the hands or a stick, but can be done equally well with a wax tablet and stylus or a pen and paper; ritualized objects may or may not be desired for use in divination. Often, when drawing marks or figures, geomancers will proceed from right to left as a tradition from geomancy's Arabic origins, although this is by no means mandatory. Modern methods of geomancy include, in addition to the traditional ways, computerized random number generators or thrown objects; other methods

including counting the eyes on potatoes,

spinning specialized dice,

or drawing a number of beans from a sack in a manner similar to kumalak."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy
christINSANITY is EVIL

Leamington, Canada

#208122 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aberrational behavior of all sorts has been a part of most all species, at least mammals. In humans schizophrenia alone affects 1.1% of the population.
You were saying?
And your posts indicate you must be one of those unlucky 1.1%

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#208123 Jan 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming ?

LOL

Westcliffe, CO

#208124 Jan 26, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Traditionally, geomancy requires a surface of sand and the hands or a stick, but can be done equally well with a wax tablet and stylus or a pen and paper; ritualized objects may or may not be desired for use in divination. Often, when drawing marks or figures, geomancers will proceed from right to left as a tradition from geomancy's Arabic origins, although this is by no means mandatory. Modern methods of geomancy include, in addition to the traditional ways, computerized random number generators or thrown objects; other methods
including counting the eyes on potatoes,
spinning specialized dice,
or drawing a number of beans from a sack in a manner similar to kumalak."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy
sigh...

Such an obsessive creature you are.

One more time, read further down the wiki page. I know that is a great mental effort for you, but take some vitamins and some deep breaths, you will get that far.

Westcliffe, CO

#208125 Jan 26, 2014
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
And your posts indicate you must be one of those unlucky 1.1%

Swami Dave just did a divination on you.

An older man will give you a second glance. You will discover he has lots of money. You will start feeling love for that older man and want to get married.

How was that, guy? Getting excited?
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#208126 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...
As usual you have learned a few technical terms and then think you know what you are talking about!!!!!

1. "Black holes as concentrated gravity." No, they are the result of collapsed matter.

2. "Blackholes are the barycenter of a galaxy, or of galaxies." No, they are not the Barycenter of anything, they can occur anywhere in a galaxy whenever a 8+ solar mass star supernovas and certainly not between galaxies.

Look we all know you like to make a fool of yourself but please try to make an effort to understand what you are talking about.

The sad thing is the other godbots actually think you have a brain.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#208127 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me .... that was you!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#208128 Jan 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
The space photos of "black holes" emitting jets of matter and energy would have told anyone they weren't as portrayed. Just a recycling event.
Dave, if you knew even a tiny fraction of what you think you know, you would know that the jets seen coming from black holes are actually being emitted by the spiraling matter falling into the black hole. The jets are not being emitted by the black hole itself.

You could learn a few things, but you have this attitude that you already know everything. As has been demonstrated over and over, you don't. But the attitude keeps you in ignorance.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#208129 Jan 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems as though gay men wear women's clothes to stand out, to tell everyone "hey look at me, the gay guy. Aren't I incredible?"
<quoted text>
But the gays that you and I have known do not represent the whole.
Women are inferior to men in some regards, yes. In turn, men are inferior to women in some regards. This is basic nature.
<quoted text>
Hell yes!
He's sticking his schlong into a male butthole.
There's nothing homosexual about that, right?
More stereotyping, I see.

It is so much easier to beat up a straw man, isn't it RR?

And that last bit. There you have it. RR thinks it's icky, and therefore he thinks it should be banned.

RR, would you like to go back to the '50s when gay people were being thrown in jail? Or perhaps move to Russia so you can join the mobs beating up gay people?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#208130 Jan 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me teach you so that you may teach your children and best friends.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
We call that the Equal Protection Clause.
You "the people" do not get rights that I "the people" don't get. Get it?
I'm all for the Equal Protection Clause.[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#208131 Jan 26, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>nobody has ever 'appealed' his white sheet
In fact I know a few ppl that would prefer it
He just lines to talk in 3rd person and name things after himself
I am still a little worked up over the adoption thing as I have ten foster sisters and know not only how bad the system is but what a difference a loving home can make
But that white sheet thing is stupid
Especially from someone who continues to lie about a poster abusing their child
Thank you, and God Bless..........tipping hat]

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#208132 Jan 26, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
What does anger me is the objection to adoption. That now crosses a line where children suffer for the sake of someone else's ideology who doesn't provide a solution for the problem they just caused .. I guarantee any kid stuck in one of the places doesn't give a rat's ass if their foster patents are gay. I would love to see the stays of what percentage of kids 'turned gay' because they were raised by gay foster parents. And if gay marriage makes it easier for them to adopt then I say great. It's odd how people that are apparently so concerned about what environment these kids grow up in supposedly don't seem to have a problem with them rotting in foster care
Well said. It's people that matter.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#208133 Jan 26, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't care about children, Skom. He cares about his safety bubble. He's afraid to admit that he's wrong. It happens but those people end up at the fringe, tilting at windmills. It's sad but it's life.
Tam, I do care about children. Even kids in other countries. I donated a sizeable amount to a school in Russia. So they could have new books and computers. I’ve never met these kids and I did it because I love kids.

God is my safety bubble sweetheart. Kids are very fragile beings and we as a society have to be careful with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr USaWarringIdiotSo... 9,438
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 hr Brian_G 19,796
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 18 hr thetruth 6,221
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Sat Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Sat thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) Sat knight of Jesus 521
Disney Buys The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latte... (Nov '12) Jul 3 millertr1 5
More from around the web