Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239302 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207898 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. the Abraham test was emotional terrorism ..
<quoted text>
.. it's still emotional terrorism ..
You also think telling people on the Internet they are going to hell (even in response to being trolled) is terrorism and likened it to 9-11

Is the melodrama really necessary?

Did you think it was terrorism when you were a Mormon for years yet someone the moral outrage didn't kick in until you left the faith?

I really don't look to target you. But you actually know better and are smart enough not to engage in such nonsense. I really would like to see how different some people posted if there wasn't an audience to play to or a group they want to constantly reaffirm their commitment to by demonizing the other side

It was a pretty crazy test I will agree to that. It actually seems a bit cruel but I don't presume to be in a position to judge God let alone understand all His ways and Abraham went on to be one of the greatest men in the faith so God obviously knew what He was doing. If people disagree that is their right. But it is an insult to people who have been victims of actual terrorism CBS more than that is simply is disingenuous. It's the sand kind if rhetoric like closing people to Hitler IMO

That is shy people have problems with 'critics'. It is not someone shining questioning or challenging something about the faith. It is rather people intent on using propaganda, rhetoric, bigotry, stereotypes, and hate in pursuit of their only goal which is to attack the faith.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207899 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Supported by GLAD
http://www.thegavoice.com/news/national-news/...
A federal appeals court Friday affirmed a district judge’s order that a state prison violated the constitutional rights of a prisoner with severe gender disorder when it refused to provide sex reassignment surgery.
The lawsuit, Kosilek v. Spencer, was supported by Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD), the ACLU, the Human Rights Campaign, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, the National Center for Transgender Equality, and other LGBT organizations.
----------
They argue it as a human right.
Do you agree or disagree? Why?
I disagree that it's a disorder. I'm not transgendered so I don't know how he or she feels and I don't try to. I'm not a spokesperson for GLAD. Courts are there to render judgement on laws. I'm not a lawyer and I don't pretend to be. It is what it is.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#207900 Jan 25, 2014
scaritual wrote:
lmfao

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207901 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
By altering society you mean fixing the injustice, right?
What injustice. Do you believe because i have the right to marry a female and you as a female do not have the right to marry a female there is injustice? States regulate who can and who cannot marry.
Age renders reproductive systems obsolete. Would you advocate killing people when they can no longer reproduce? What purpose do they serve?
Not every hetero marriage produces children but every child has male female parents. SSM is state created. Male female pattern is still there in marriage which do not produce children and is legal. Doubtful anybody is going to want to regulate marriage to only those who can have children.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#207902 Jan 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They reproduced and serve as role models and links between generations.
The reproducing is an investment made in the future. It provides for a steady or growing tax base if done right.
Same sex marriages are all take and no give to the continuity of society.
.. gays don't contribute to society? You're teasing, right ??..

.. do gays work, pay taxes, buy houses, raise children ??..

.. open your horizons ..

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#207903 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Biologically they do make you heterosexual. There is both male and female reproductive systems and they have a purpose beyond male and female. Genius. If they were not there then the human race would be extinct. Genius. Why do you exist? Because of a heterosexual act in line with biology. Not because of a same sex act nor were you found in the pumpkin patch.
Oh good grief you are stupid.

Please, please go back to school.

Wait, don't do that, the fifth graders will beat you up.

Teacher: Okay class, if you have a penis, you are….what?

Lightbeamrider: Ooh, ooh…I know…a heterosexual!

<insert riotous laughter here>

Location hidden

#207904 Jan 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Have you told your son that you'd kill him if god asked you too?

More importantly, have you told the police?

JeezÂ….
Even more importantly, he told us, here.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#207905 Jan 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well noted.
RR the Cherry Picker might have to contact BuckCrick the Hair Splitter for an answer...

With Established Harem

#207907 Jan 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm becoming skeptical about you.
Are you sure you are not a homosexual?
.. don't think LB is gay but he's investigating gender reassignment rather thoroughly ..

.. perhaps he wants to be a lesbian ??..

Location hidden

#207908 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes. Yes I am. What gave it away?

Was it my wardrobe?
RR is going to cry.

Location hidden

#207910 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Biologically they do make you heterosexual. There is both male and female reproductive systems and they have a purpose beyond male and female. Genius. If they were not there then the human race would be extinct. Genius. Why do you exist? Because of a heterosexual act in line with biology. Not because of a same sex act nor were you found in the pumpkin patch.
Not everyone is homosexual.

Location hidden

#207911 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. it's as basic as the Golden Rule: treat others like you would want to be treated ..
I've experimented with that rule and well, nah.

I'm now treating others as they treat me.

Religious rules only seem to apply to the religious.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207912 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're chasing your tail with this argument; it's illogical ..
.. people have the right to believe or not believe whatever they want ..
.. people do not have the right to force everyone to believe as they believe or don't believe ..
.. people have the right to marry any human being they want ..
.. not everyone has that right ..
.. but, it's changing. Get use to it ..
Altering society so as to force SSM on people who do not want it. You Insist on forcing your views. There is no civil right to SSM anymore than there is a civil right for an adult man to marry a 14 year old. Even if adult men marry 14 year old females in other countries.

Skin color and ethnicity is morally neutral while homosexual conduct is both morally and legally questionable. It does not serve the state any benefit to recognize SSM Since those unions never produce children 100% of the time. Are you getting frustrated?

Location hidden

#207913 Jan 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>RR the Cherry Picker might have to contact BuckCrick the Hair Splitter for an answer...
LOL

With Established Harem

#207914 Jan 25, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You also think telling people on the Internet they are going to hell (even in response to being trolled) is terrorism and likened it to 9-11
Is the melodrama really necessary?
WARNING: I'm enjoying a few brews tonight.

.. WTF are you talking about ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you think it was terrorism when you were a Mormon for years yet someone the moral outrage didn't kick in until you left the faith?
.. again, WTF are you talking about? Nearly my entire family is LDS and I have no moral outrage towards them; they can believe whatever they want ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't look to target you.
.. yes, you do. Your current targets are: Catcher, Le_Le, Luci and HL ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But you actually know better and are smart enough not to engage in such nonsense. I really would like to see how different some people posted if there wasn't an audience to play to or a group they want to constantly reaffirm their commitment to by demonizing the other side.
.. who is demonizing who? So far tonight, daggers are being hurled at lesbians and gays ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a pretty crazy test I will agree to that. It actually seems a bit cruel but I don't presume to be in a position to judge God let alone understand all His ways and Abraham went on to be one of the greatest men in the faith so God obviously knew what He was doing. If people disagree that is their right.
.. it's still emotional terrorism ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is an insult to people who have been victims of actual terrorism CBS more than that is simply is disingenuous. It's the sand kind if rhetoric like closing people to Hitler IMO.
.. do you have children? If so, you should understand why I think it's emotional terrorism. I don't care if your God appears, proves Himself and instructs me to kill my daughter. I wouldn't ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is shy people have problems with 'critics'. It is not someone shining questioning or challenging something about the faith. It is rather people intent on using propaganda, rhetoric, bigotry, stereotypes, and hate in pursuit of their only goal which is to attack the faith.
.. in the past two hours, what has been the goal of LB, Criminal and Dave ??..

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#207915 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Altering society so as to force SSM on people who do not want it. You Insist on forcing your views. There is no civil right to SSM anymore than there is a civil right for an adult man to marry a 14 year old. Even if adult men marry 14 year old females in other countries.
Skin color and ethnicity is morally neutral while homosexual conduct is both morally and legally questionable. It does not serve the state any benefit to recognize SSM Since those unions never produce children 100% of the time. Are you getting frustrated?
Nobody is forcing anything on you or anybody else.

Other people are being given the rights you already have.

It's not about you.

With Established Harem

#207917 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Altering society so as to force SSM on people who do not want it. You Insist on forcing your views. There is no civil right to SSM anymore than there is a civil right for an adult man to marry a 14 year old. Even if adult men marry 14 year old females in other countries.
.. frustrated? No. But, I'm beginning to get a bit horny ..

.. can you suggest a Major solution ??..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207918 Jan 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They reproduced and serve as role models and links between generations.
The reproducing is an investment made in the future. It provides for a steady or growing tax base if done right.
Same sex marriages are all take and no give to the continuity of society.
well in fairness, how is gay marriage any different in that regard that straight couples who don't have kids

Although to me this is the difference between a right and a privilege. Perhaps on a privilege the state can expect sons reciprocity. But nobody has to 'earn' a right

If people don't want to adopt or get insemonated or procreate that is up to them. They shouldn't have to do so in order to get married

People do however have to do things like pay taxes and obey the law obviously if they want to be part of society. But if people had to justify their marriage by proving its societal benefit, a lot of people wouldn't be able to marry. Including bad parents
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#207919 Jan 25, 2014
The real target of gay marriage is children. It’s always been the goal to get the children. Once gay marriage is recognized by the States as being legal. It opens up the opportunity to adopt children. This is a social experiment being forced on society without reputable research beforehand.

Kids are already a fragile commodity as it is. Now we are going to experiment with them by throwing them into home where their own adopted parents are confused themselves. For hundreds of thousands of years children were raised in heterosexual homes.

Teen suicides is already a concern as being the 11th leading cause of death for 10 year olds and older. Watch this suicide rate go up even higher as the gays experiment with raising children on a massive scale.

Once we go down this road there will be no turning back. Children have been the target of the gays from the very beginning. Experimenting with children is a very bad idea. I’m sure it’s going to happen because some are hell bent on getting their hand on our kids.

Then are the courts going to come along and say we need to integrate heterosexual children into homosexual marriages? Forced integration as kids are dragged from their homes and placed into gay homes? You can pretty much bet the liberal judges will try it.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#207920 Jan 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is forcing anything on you or anybody else.
Other people are being given the rights you already have.
It's not about you.
It's more like being rail roaded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 min Pahu 2,197
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 min karl44 7,444
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min karl44 19,059
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 45 min geezerjock 1
Reason is the root of mental illness!!! 7 hr Thinking 3
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 9 hr Exodus771 7,493
News Number of Christians Decline 'Unaffiliated' Ris... 20 hr Thinking 6
More from around the web