Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258469 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#207874 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I would also add, given the implications and complications anybody who does has got a screw loose. Lets not make this about me. Let me ask you something. If you want to alter society to include same sex marriage as legal the burden of proof is with you. You have to make a case. You cannot do it scientifically since it renders reproductive systems obsolete. So what is your case?
.. it's as basic as the Golden Rule: treat others like you would want to be treated ..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207875 Jan 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee wiz, what on earth would cause you to look this up?
Transsexual medical problems just your favorite subject or something?
It is part of the whole discussion involving gay rights. The so called right to sex assignment surgery.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusett...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#207876 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There are some interesting points from the sacrifice of Abraham:

1. God had earlier promised Abraham that he would make a great nation of him through Isaac, which forced Abraham to either trust God with what mattered most to him or to distrust God. Abraham chose to trust and obey.

2. Abraham told his servants "we" will come back to you, meaning both he and Isaac. Abraham must have believed God would either provide a substitute sacrifice or would raise Isaac from the dead.

3. This incident foreshadows God's sacrifice of his only son, Jesus Christ, on the cross at Calvary, for the sin of the world. God's great love required of himself what he did not require of Abraham.

4. Mount Moriah, where this event took place, means "God will provide." King Solomon later built the first Temple there. Today, the Muslim shrine The Dome of the Rock, in Jerusalem, stands on the site of the sacrifice of Isaac.

5. The author of the book of Hebrews cites Abraham in his "Faith Hall of Fame," and James says Abraham's obedience was credited to him as righteousness.
Apologetic nonsense, to make a guy who hears voices and was about to murder his child, look good.

Location hidden

#207877 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Not so.

I got this burning, itching sensation on the bottom of my foot.

Recommendations?
Which foot?

Location hidden

#207878 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No.

Belief would not be enough.

A voice in my head would not be enough, I'm not insane.

God would physically have to appear before me.

He knows that.

I told you that you don't understand.

None of you atheists do.
Why would your god have to physically appear before you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207879 Jan 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
My fee is $600 per hour.
Plus costs.
What about a trade?

I can get you a lifetime pass to the Duris Cucumber Farm

http://duriscucumberfarm.com/

*lotion not included

“What?”

Location hidden

#207880 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I would also add, given the implications and complications anybody who does has got a screw loose. Lets not make this about me. Let me ask you something. If you want to alter society to include same sex marriage as legal the burden of proof is with you. You have to make a case. You cannot do it scientifically since it renders reproductive systems obsolete. So what is your case?
By altering society you mean fixing the injustice, right?

Age renders reproductive systems obsolete. Would you advocate killing people when they can no longer reproduce? What purpose do they serve?

Location hidden

#207882 Jan 25, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt Bongo knows. He babbles just to babble.

I am beginning to think Bongo isn't Clowny. Clowny was not very bright, but I think Bongo has him beat.
I agree.

What settled it for me is that Clownie is actually very funny.

The drongo is never funny, like never not once and he's jizznasty to boot.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#207883 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It is part of the whole discussion involving gay rights. The so called right to sex assignment surgery.
.. are you certain you don't want to transition ??..

Location hidden

#207884 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'd advise you to stay away from me buttcrack.

Not only will the stench make you sick, you'd prolly lose a few teeth in the process.
*** moral christian violence on display ***

“What?”

Location hidden

#207885 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It is part of the whole discussion involving gay rights. The so called right to sex assignment surgery.
Transexuals aren't necessarily gay.

Next fallacy?

Location hidden

#207887 Jan 25, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's as basic as the Golden Rule: treat others like you would want to be treated ..
You mean because i have a right to a hetero marriage you should also have a right to marry someone of the same sex? The implication being if i do not accept SSM as you do then i am not following the golden rule?

If that is true then you must convert to Christianity because i am Christian and if you don't then you do not follow the golden rule by your own standards.

Or do you apply that standard to me and exempt yourself?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207888 Jan 25, 2014
_CRIMINAL_ wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-cXrEPNvRO8XX
there's your white sheet, enjoy..RR might like it as well, take a listen
It's the Catcher white sheet.

And it's dropping over you right now.

Bye.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207889 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
By altering society you mean fixing the injustice, right?
Age renders reproductive systems obsolete. Would you advocate killing people when they can no longer reproduce? What purpose do they serve?
They reproduced and serve as role models and links between generations.

The reproducing is an investment made in the future. It provides for a steady or growing tax base if done right.

Same sex marriages are all take and no give to the continuity of society.

Location hidden

#207890 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Transexuals aren't necessarily gay.
Next fallacy?
Supported by GLAD

http://www.thegavoice.com/news/national-news/...

A federal appeals court Friday affirmed a district judge’s order that a state prison violated the constitutional rights of a prisoner with severe gender disorder when it refused to provide sex reassignment surgery.

The lawsuit, Kosilek v. Spencer, was supported by Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD), the ACLU, the Human Rights Campaign, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, the National Center for Transgender Equality, and other LGBT organizations.

----------

They argue it as a human right.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#207891 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Opposite sex marriage is state created and regulated too.
What makes you think lesbians can't have children?
If you have an intelligent argument against same sex marriage, why don't you provide it?
I would think attorneys are licking their chops that it has been passed in a handful of states already

More marriages means more divorce which means more attorney fees.

I personally can't think of a single impact it would have my life or any societal impact that two people living together or in a relationship will now have a piece of paper filed away in some city hall office

What does anger me is the objection to adoption. That now crosses a line where children suffer for the sake of someone else's ideology who doesn't provide a solution for the problem they just caused. I have ten foster sisters. I also haven seen some of them be placed back with their biological parent(s) that are human garbage and had to watch as the inevitable happened. What once were children with all the potential in the world ended up being adults with broken lives because they were put into an extremely harmful environment. And those are considered the 'lucky' ones as most children are never placed as people only want babies and there are also many prejudices involved as far as what kind of babies. Most state foster homes are trash. Plus it affects everything about how the kid grows up and if they can trust or bond easily

I guarantee any kid stuck in one of the places doesn't give a rat's ass if their foster patents are gay. I would love to see the stays of what percentage of kids 'turned gay' because they were raised by gay foster parents. And if gay marriage makes it easier for them to adopt then I say great. It's odd how people that are apparently so concerned about what environment these kids grow up in supposedly don't seem to have a problem with them rotting in foster care

Location hidden

#207892 Jan 25, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>Several posters here throw that term "liar" about quite freely. However, they never point out how you lied. Buck does this all the time. I think that to him, liar means "disagrees with Buck".
Yeah, I've noticed that too, RR does it quite often as well.

The christians tend to accuse others of lying even more after they are demonstrably caught in their own lies, repeatedly, of course then, it's "persecution" as well.

I'll wait to see what Chris comes up with, finding all his hateful posts, which I think I was very kind about, is a very simple exercise.

If he can show that I lied, I'll apologise and never again comment on his wife story.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207893 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You mean because i have a right to a hetero marriage you should also have a right to marry someone of the same sex? The implication being if i do not accept SSM as you do then i am not following the golden rule?
If that is true then you must convert to Christianity because i am Christian and if you don't then you do not follow the golden rule by your own standards.
Or do you apply that standard to me and exempt yourself?
I'm becoming skeptical about you.

Are you sure you are not a homosexual?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#207895 Jan 25, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
It just tells me that being born a woman or becoming a woman either one is a bunch of female medical problems. Don't have a hysterectomy over there about it. lol

“What?”

Location hidden

#207896 Jan 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They reproduced and serve as role models and links between generations.
The reproducing is an investment made in the future. It provides for a steady or growing tax base if done right.
Same sex marriages are all take and no give to the continuity of society.
How do you know they reproduced? Is that the criteria for opposite sex marriage? What if they can't? What then, Dave? What do we do with those heterosexual people that want to marry even though they can't replenish the species?

When you have an intelligent argument against same sex marriage, please provide one.

I'll be here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 12 min Rose_NoHo 442
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 40 min Eagle 12 12,674
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Endofdays 69,983
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Subduction Zone 30,113
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 19 hr yehoshooah adam 3,779
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Wed superwilly 579
News The rise of militant atheism (Sep '09) May 21 online reality bu... 9,236
More from around the web