Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207710 Jan 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"If she's not a bisexual then she is either lying about being once homosexual or she is still homosexual. There are no other options."
I'm sure there are some nuances in that somewhere linking what you stated there with what you stated above.
You forgot one other option. She might have "thought" she was homosexual back then. But then she found out different.
But you wouldn't want to believe that.
You're missing the point. I don't care who she had sex with or what she thought she was or wasn't. The point is that Chris said his wife was a homosexual and after finding Teh God, she is no longer a homosexual.

If she was, she still is.

If she wasn't, then she wasn't.

Chris said nothing about bisexuality. I don't care one way or the other. However, she wasn't miraculously "cured" of being homosexual. It doesn't work that way.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#207711 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the ultimate test of faith.
A test that most men would fail.
Isaac was never in any danger.
That really sums it up.
Ah, right. That's what they tell you. Why don't you examine the story with an open mind. You would then see that "Kill your son" is a really terrible test of faith. The man will fail it if he is human at all. Only a monster willing to kill his son would pass it.

I never mentioned whether Issac was in danger or not. It is irrelevant. What is relevant is what Abraham was willing to do at the word of his god, and what this god asked him to do. Those are the parts you are editing out, but they are actually central to the story.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#207712 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
I think it's an awesome story. A story of faith and trust in God.
God tested Abraham to see if he was worthy of being an ancestor to Jesus. Obviously, Abraham's faith was perfect and pure.
Abraham knew, somehow, that Isaac was in no danger. Isaac asked him where the lamb was for the sacrifice, Abraham answered him:“God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.”
If Abraham knew that Isaac was in no danger, then it wasn't a test of faith.

You can't have it both ways...

#207713 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im not aware of a homo gene so you cannot prove a homo is born that way, can you? I surmise if a homo gene was found it would be foreboding because couples would likely start terminating homo fetuses.
Bongo doesn't understand fetal development.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207714 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wrong. It simply means you had sex with a man. It doesn't necessarily mean you're bisexual.
I go to church. I'm still an atheist.
I've had jobs. I didn't need the money.
I find you're views simplistic. Sexual activity does not define sexuality.
Apparently JG Wentworth doesn't discriminate against lesbians with structured settlements? The streets of this country are really paved with gold, just ask Catcher. Sometimes it can cost you an appendage but heck, in your country , well, lets not go there.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#207715 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dr Ruth.
But I really don't give afuck how you interpret or psychoanalyze me.
You're wrong.
Will you validate my parking?
I don't mind the tenor of your posts.

But I recommend that you not be a wiseass to the cops.

I forgot to add that trait of yours to my psychoanalysis.

#207716 Jan 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been observing you here for some time now.
My prediction is that your criminal career isn't over.
You're much too unstable, obstinate and controlling, and you have a short fuse.
That's a recipe for trouble.
Wow. That sounds like a description of Buck.

Location hidden

#207718 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you'd be the only one to get that joke.
Good call.
Have you beaten the Legendary Ships yet?
Not yet. I got really close but I'm not 100% on armor and ammo yet. I wandered off to Mass Effect. Don't tell Edward that I'm cheating on him with Shepard.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207719 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

For entertainment and to harass people, right? You suuucccckkkk

Location hidden

#207720 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a concept I just can't wrap my head around.
How thefuck can a girl "have sex" with another girl? At best all you get is third base.
And another thing; how thefuck can a girl go down on another girl and still call herself straight?!
Are there sexual identifying labels or aren't there?
It's just sex, RR. You read too much into it. It's fun.

Third base? I Don't Know.

You'd be surprised what we can do without a penis involved.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207721 Jan 25, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are statements made by a man in India 2500 years ago and still resonate today.
So tell me about these lawyers, and elite persons saying this..........When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin:“Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”........How do you anti-process this?

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#207722 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point. I don't care who she had sex with or what she thought she was or wasn't. The point is that Chris said his wife was a homosexual and after finding Teh God, she is no longer a homosexual.
If she was, she still is.
If she wasn't, then she wasn't.
Chris said nothing about bisexuality. I don't care one way or the other. However, she wasn't miraculously "cured" of being homosexual. It doesn't work that way.
Your youth is showing. You will understand you can change radically over the coming years.

She engaged in homosexual behavior in the past. That does not make her still a homosexual. That once you did it you become one is an old homosexual trap played by predators.

You can be a homosexual because that is all you know. Until you experience something else.

You aid you had sex with girls that weren't lesbian, and didn't identify themselves as such. You seem to accept that. Why this flip on someone's wife? Because they have a religion?

Location hidden

#207723 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Got strawman combined with red herring? The Chinese seem to be very adept at terminating females. Is that evolution at work?
You brought up genes. Got deflection confused with running away from the argument?

Do they? The last time you were in China, did you see a shortage of females? I didn't.

Location hidden

#207725 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently JG Wentworth doesn't discriminate against lesbians with structured settlements? The streets of this country are really paved with gold, just ask Catcher. Sometimes it can cost you an appendage but heck, in your country , well, lets not go there.
WTF are you babbling about now?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#207726 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against people experimenting. I've had sex with girls that aren't lesbians. It worked out for all of us. What they didn't do is say, "OMG, I had sex with a girl. Now I'm a lesbian". Homosexuality is not about the act of physical sex. Never was, never will be.
.. Dave sees male/female energy and other thingy theories different than most people, it's just his way ..

.. having sex with the same gender does not make one homosexual, having sex with the opposite gender does not make one heterosexual. In ascertaining one's identity, there are emotional, spiritual and romantic factors. For some, finding their identity is a rapid process, for others a slow awakening. Age is not an indicator ..

.. you discovered your identity and balance with women. Finding Jesus wouldn't suddenly change who you are ..

Location hidden

#207727 Jan 25, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> For entertainment and to harass people, right? You suuucccckkkk
No. Because my girlfriend ask me to go with her.

I find the people there very nice. They're not like the Christians here.

I can be very nice too, Bongo.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#207728 Jan 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the ultimate test of faith.
A test that most men would fail.
Isaac was never in any danger.
That really sums it up.
.. the Abraham test was emotional terrorism ..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#207729 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not aware of a hetero gene so you can not prove a hetero is born that way, can you?
That's ridiculous. Why aren't people terminating their pregnancies when they find out the child will be male? That makes more sense to me.
You are biologically hetero due to reproductive organs designed to produce children. In reality homosexuality is nothing more same gender conduct in persons who are innately heterosexual which deviates from the normal design function of a human being. In that sense homosexual conduct is anti science.

Location hidden

#207730 Jan 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your youth is showing. You will understand you can change radically over the coming years.
She engaged in homosexual behavior in the past. That does not make her still a homosexual. That once you did it you become one is an old homosexual trap played by predators.
You can be a homosexual because that is all you know. Until you experience something else.
You aid you had sex with girls that weren't lesbian, and didn't identify themselves as such. You seem to accept that. Why this flip on someone's wife? Because they have a religion?
When is the last time you were homosexual, Dave?

When is the last time you admitted that you don't know what thefuck you're talking about?

Please entertain me with your thoughts on what homosexual behaviour consists of.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207731 Jan 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
That's wrong. It simply means you had sex with a man. It doesn't necessarily mean you're bisexual.
I've had jobs. I didn't need the money.
I find you're views simplistic. Sexual activity does not define sexuality.
Sexuality is defined as both a person's sexual orientation and a person's sexual activity.

I find your views overly complex. It's like you want to have to identifier of "lesbian" but don't care about the labels of that identifier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism saved me 16 min Elganned 30
The atheists mind 18 min Elganned 67
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 26 min Elganned 184
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 hr Into The Night 95,399
Why creation? Thu Elganned 60
man Jun 18 blacklagoon 3 1
News Atheism and Wonder Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 50