Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207190 Jan 24, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your worldview and why do you keep appealing to Christian moral standards if you are not a Christian?
Sorry, but lying isn't a Christian moral standard. Lying was frowned upon before Christians came about. Look what happened to that Jesus dude for lying about being the messiah.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207191 Jan 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Dave I ain't gay and you ain't sticking anything of mine in your mouth.
Go back to your brute, Buck and suck on his titty.
Why are you playing hard to get?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207192 Jan 24, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Sorry, but lying isn't a Christian moral standard. Lying was frowned upon before Christians came about. Look what happened to that Jésus dude for lying about being the messiah.
Your gardener said that?!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#207193 Jan 24, 2014
http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2014/...

I love these pseudoscience/conspiracy sites. They come up with some interesting perspectives. Watch some of the oddities on the video.

HAARP is real and based upon patents by this man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Eastlund

http://www.padrak.com/ine/HAARP97.html

Basically HAARP uses a technology to burn holes in the ionosphere using EM waves. It heats the ions and they expand, plus it changes the polarities of them. You can channel energy by creating differing polarities and providing a conductive path for them to follow. It's like being in a bubble and bouncing streams of energy to where you want. You phase a positive spot there, and a negative over there, then provide a charge carrier, like those chemtrails may be, to provide a path it can start to follow. Kind of like creating lightning, but on a much wider scale. This is done from the ground, and can be done on a global scale.

This is not theoretical science. You will note there is considerable investment in it already. Something works.

http://rezn8d.net/2012/10/22/haarp-2013-budge...

You learn things from studies of this nature. That is how technology works. This is digging into the real goody of how this planet operates.

BTW, you are in the middle of that, so to speak. It's a law of thermodynamics thingy.

Westcliffe, CO

#207194 Jan 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the Internet version of Jerry Springer. Sheesh, grumpy.
Uh huh.

Jerry is on TV and I am here.

Come on, it's showing your rack time to impress us. You are due for the tit showing.

We've seen enough ass from you.

:-)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#207195 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Eagle 12 wrote: <quoted text>
Now we know why a supreme being would turn itself human just to sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.
Oh come on, when you put it that way you make it sound crazy.

San Francisco

#207196 Jan 24, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Your obsession with Christianity is rotting your brain
Yes for some people it hard
For those who are further in their walk it is not
Like I already said
Who gives a shit if you think it requires religion? Nobody said it did
I'm not get sucked back into your never ending repetitive nonsense
Find someone else. I knew responding the first time was a mistake
Methinks you need to walk a bit further yet. Just sayin.

Is being civil really that hard for you?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#207197 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gardener said that?!
My gardener's name is Emmanuel.

San Francisco

#207198 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were going to mention intelligent falling:
"Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory - KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling. "Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence,'God' if you will, is pushing them down"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-...
Have you heard about intelligent freezing?
"Some militant secularists believe that water freezes at 32°. The enlightened know that water freezes whenever God wants it to. This transition from water to ice is too complex to happen naturalistically at some random temperature."
http://s121.photobucket.com/user/your_inquire...
LOL! No, I had not seen that before. I love The Onion.

I especially like the cartoon about evangelicals insisting that water freezes according to when God says so, and and that is what should be taught in school, and he Indian and Chinese science students hoping that the evangelicals in the US win so they can get their jobs. It's funny, yet it makes a good point too: if the science-phobic religious extremists in this country had their way with our children, they'd end up harming not only our kids but the future of this country.

San Francisco

#207199 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very confusing that you can be so keen about objective scientific evidence for dark matter, but not for God, which is presumably alot more important to you

[QUOTE who="RiversideRedneck "]<quoted text>
HA!
I win.
Win what? The pigeon chess championship?

San Francisco

#207200 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if they knew it was evil. They knew it was disobeying God.
And how would they have known that disobeying God was the wrong (evil) thing to do?

San Francisco

#207201 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you do not need a deity to have sin.
Pleas explain.

Westcliffe, CO

#207202 Jan 24, 2014
Let's do a little thought exercise about existing, knowledge, the future of mankind, etc, etc.

Now you have to put yourself into this little portal of peering out into reality scenario. You aren't just reading and pondering, you would be experiencing it.

You have to cross some train tracks to get where you want to go. There is a train approaching in the distance,a big old slow freight. Plenty of time to get across.

You get in the middle of the tracks and you think you hear a rattlesnake. You freeze. You look around and see a motion on the ground and instinctively jump. Unfortunately your foot slips and gets wedged under a cross tie, and you twist as you fall and it really gets stuck. You did something that takes a tremendous amount of talent.

Of course, since you are laying on the tracks and you think you just heard a snake and saw one you immediately look around for it in a sort of panicked mode.

Then you notice the piece of black plastic bag that was caught on the track. And your cellphone, which was set on vibrate goes off again, vibrating something in your purse or briefcase.

Jeez, you kinda feel like a dummy.

But your foot is still stuck and you are laying on the tracks.

And you look up and noticed that freight train is about 5 seconds away. Gee, it looks big at that distance. Really big.

So. Whatcha gonna think about for the next 5 seconds?

Suing the railroad for sloppy maintenance?

Darwin's theory of evolution?

Carl Sagan's universe?

Those nasty assed homophobes, racists, and bigots on Topix?

The poor endangered snail darter?

The glorious future of mankind led by the scientific method?

Uh oh. it kinda don't look like that train is gonna stop.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207203 Jan 24, 2014
River Tam wrote:
My gardener's name is Emmanuel.
Odd...

My gardener's name is RR.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#207204 Jan 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth, Texas is where Waylon Jennings was from, isn't it?
IDK, it may be true. I haven't met anyone who claimed it as truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207205 Jan 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Win what? The pigeon chess championship?
The debate, of course.

The only prize is a gold doubloon.

Worth like four shillings.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#207206 Jan 24, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So you propose amorality as your moral position?
You are seeing things which aren't there ....... proposals for instance.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#207207 Jan 24, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Except they were told not to eat of the tree...
Clearly indicating moral choice.
No, it doesn't. They didn't know about good and evil, meaning they knew nothing about morals. Without such knowledge, it could not have been a moral choice.

You need to think these things through.

#207208 Jan 24, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone does not understand something, it is easy to place the basis for that lack of comprehension outside of oneself...
Hence your contradictory argument.
Next time you get stuck, ask the one who inspired it to explain it to you. That or continue in a determined ignorance...
What contradiction? Please explain.

#207209 Jan 24, 2014
And now we know. According to a "scientist" at Answers in Genesis, the craters on the Moon were created on day 4.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/arj/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 24 min Eagle 12 4,822
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min One way or another 16,727
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 6,035
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 3,037
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr polymath257 772
Is Religion Childish? 10 hr Thinking 142
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 21 hr thetruth 6
More from around the web