Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255225 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#207045 Jan 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were going to mention intelligent falling:
"Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory - KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling. "Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence,'God' if you will, is pushing them down"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-...
Have you heard about intelligent freezing?
"Some militant secularists believe that water freezes at 32°. The enlightened know that water freezes whenever God wants it to. This transition from water to ice is too complex to happen naturalistically at some random temperature."
http://s121.photobucket.com/user/your_inquire...
Can I play?

MICROSOFT DISCOVERS SOFTWARE EVOLUTION

Press Release:

Microsoft, Inc. announced today a new method of producing innovative computer software programs. It's called "Random variation and selection" Instead of incurring the billions of dollars in costs for having intelligent programmers and developers design new software programs, Microsoft decided they could get new, innovative systems by just randomly modifying old programs. A couple of low paid geeks will then select the modified programs that work best. The selectors, curiously, are blind people.

Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207046 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You provided a Pope saying the Church accepts "Darwinism"?
I didn't see it. Could you post it again, please?
Remember, "evolution" and "Darwinism" are not the same.
I await your post. Surely you aren't lying about it.
Chrissy seems to be as mendacious as Crockthornton only much less smart . She apparently doesn't know saul alinski either.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#207047 Jan 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:

As pointed out, Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and evil. God had made them that way. Without a knowledge of good and evil, then they didn't KNOW they were doing wrong. But God punished them anyway.
But this God of yours is supposed to be all knowing and all merciful. This story shows him to be neither.
So what was he doing? Did he intend for humans to be vile sinners all along? Because according to the story, that is what he got.
Capiche?
Capisce.

You're not Biblically trained or educated.
N-th generation. Kinda like the n-th degree. That is, generations unlimited. From the mathematical use of "n" meaning an arbitrary number.
Oh. I've never seen it spelled that way, with the hyphen. Just "nth".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207048 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Correct.
But there is no direct observation and measurement of dark matter. All we have is it's supposed effects.
So if you see a rabbit's paw prints in the dirt, you automatically assume that a rabbit's been here.
Try doing that with no evidence of rabbits.
wilderide wrote:
I find it very confusing that you can be so keen about objective scientific evidence for dark matter, but not for God, which is presumably alot more important to you.
HA!

I win.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207049 Jan 24, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sin.
M'kay, punkin

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207050 Jan 24, 2014
The buck stops with Adam and Eve. It's the human's fault, not the omniscient, omnipotent deity that made him as he was.
That is correct.

Take responsibility for you own actions, and all that that entails.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#207051 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I play?
MICROSOFT DISCOVERS SOFTWARE EVOLUTION
Press Release:
Microsoft, Inc. announced today a new method of producing innovative computer software programs. It's called "Random variation and selection" Instead of incurring the billions of dollars in costs for having intelligent programmers and developers design new software programs, Microsoft decided they could get new, innovative systems by just randomly modifying old programs. A couple of low paid geeks will then select the modified programs that work best. The selectors, curiously, are blind people.
"Microsoft to Buy God

REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.

"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."

The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:

Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.

Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.

Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.

Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.

Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207052 Jan 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
No, we stop at stop signs and red lights for purely selfish reason, so we don't get killed or injured.
What the.....?

Location hidden

#207053 Jan 24, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chrissy seems to be as mendacious as Crockthornton only much less smart . She apparently doesn't know saul alinski either.
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.

Topix is a great classroom, huh?

I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.

Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207054 Jan 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Which definition?
There are many.
Add - to combine two or more numbers together to form another final number - as in mathematics. i.e. If you add 1+1+1 together you get 3, not 1
Add - to place something with another object after a request or need for the object or substance. i.e Please add substance to your posts.
BTW - I only did that to prove that you already knew the answers, but were being deceptive by asking. That shows you are not being honest - even in the smallest way.
Why should anyone believe you.
IMO - you are no different than shrink, except in some small ways - you are more polite and intelligent.
Of course I was being deceptive in that, I know the definition of add.

I was taking a cue from the Topix Atheist! handbook.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207055 Jan 24, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dork
No need to look it up
I'm here to help you realize it
~sniggers

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#207057 Jan 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't lie.
Your post clearly states:
Define: add
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
DOH!!
...or is.... o.0 ? Sometimes I'm not so sure on which one to use.
You're learning.

Impressive.

Location hidden

#207058 Jan 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

I did not say any Pope does not believe god created life.
Yes, you did, actually.

You said the Pope, and the entire chuch, accepts Darwinism.

That is saying they accept that God did not create life.

Chrissy Stalin, if you had simply admitted your use of the term "Darwinism" was wrong from the start, you could have saved yourself all this lying.

But then we would have missed the entertainment of watching you twist.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207059 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>"Microsoft to Buy God

REDMOND, WA Microsoft Corporation today announced its intent to purchase, copyright, and upgrade God Himself. The new product would be named, predictably enough, "Microsoft God," and would be available to consumers sometime in late 1998, well before the millennium.

"Too many people feel separated from God in today's world," said Dave McCavaugh, director of Microsoft's new Religions division. "Microsoft God will make our Lord more accessible, and will add an easy, intuitive user interface to Him, making Him not only easier to find, but easier to communicate with."

The new Microsoft Religions line will be expanded to include a multitude of add-on products to Microsoft God, including:

Microsoft Crusades: This conversion product will bring all worshiper accounts and prayer files over from previous versions of God, or from competing products like Buddha or Allah.

Microsoft God for the World Wide Web: This product ties Microsoft God with Microsoft Internet Information Server, making our Lord accessible from the World Wide Web using a standard Web browser interface. It introduces several new Web technologies, including Dynamic Salvation and Active Prayer Pages (APP). Donations for the poor can be donated via a Secure Alms Server.

Microsoft Prayers: Using a Windows-based WYSIWYG interface, this product will allow worshipers to construct effective prayers in a minimum of time. A Secure Prayer Channel technology allows guaranteed delivery of the prayer to Microsoft God servers, and Prayer Wizards enable users to construct new types of prayers with a minimum learning curve.

Microsoft Savior: This product will allow worshipers to transfer their sins to its internal Vice Database. After a preset interval, the product will erase itself from the user's system and establish a clear line of secure communications to the user's Microsoft God server. Additionally, Microsoft is expected to announce a line of complimentary products for the new Religions line, which will enhance the functionality of the Microsoft God server product by providing a customized user interface. These interfaces will be based on popular religious sects, allowing worshipers to interact with the new God product in much the same way as the previous version. This line is expected to include Microsoft Protestant, Microsoft Catholicism, Microsoft Judaism (incompatible with Microsoft Savior), etc.

Competitor Netscape Communications denies rumors that it is planning to release a competing product, Netscape Satan, that would attempt to render Microsoft God installations inoperable." - anonymous
*laughing so much my tea has in fact gone up my nose*
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#207060 Jan 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mendacious? You are too polite, Mongo.
Topix is a great classroom, huh?
I bet you didn't know the Pope is an atheist, God was disproven by E=mc^2, and dinosaurs had no DNA.
Those 3 revelations alone are worth your time here.
Yeah, a dissembling Gal who eats bacon sandwiches with a Jew on the british Riviera. Watching topix can be like watching someone squeeze a blackhead out.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#207061 Jan 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I was being deceptive in that, I know the definition of add.

I was taking a cue from the Topix Atheist! handbook.
Deception is a christian trait, own it dude, take responsibility for your actions.

Location hidden

#207062 Jan 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Microsoft to Buy God
Do we still have to log on?

Location hidden

#207063 Jan 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Is sunlight evidence of sunlight or of a sun?
We already know about the sun. If not, there would be no such thing as "sunlight".

Location hidden

#207064 Jan 24, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are some godbots always so childishly stupid?
Could it be that they have nothing else so feel the need do make cr/\p up to make life seem bearable to themselves?
So sad…
Honey I have had such idiotic mockery from frigging idiots like you all my life and guess what, all it boils down to is unsubstantial and idiotic mockery, surely your god knows better?
But then again the way you and buck repeatedly go at it then it seems your gods don’t know any better.
I believe you on this one - that you have had mockery all your life.

I don't see it ending anytime soon.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#207065 Jan 24, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**Science wants to be your tool. Bullshit wants you to be his tool. Those who have chosen to rely on rational skepticism and the scientific method have realized this.
.. this post reminds me of why I continue to read this forum ..

.. prayer is a form of meditation; it pulls the mind in, allows the imagination to run wild and helps an individual solve the riddle of life. Religion and dogma prevents a person from experiencing the wonder of life, it's someone else's BS ..

.. science accomplishes the exact thing but depends on evidence instead of imagination...

.. thanks for being here ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min jollyroger 30,993
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min Demon Finder 13,161
There are no such things as gods or fairies 1 hr Eagle 12 18
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Eagle 12 4,338
Majority of Scots now have no religion 4 hr Eagle 12 2
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 4 hr Eagle 12 17
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 6 hr Eagle 12 10
More from around the web