Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
197,361 - 197,380 of 224,517 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That was a lot of stupid to cram into one post!

Again, this is from someone who was an outspoken Christian advocate when she stated posting

Then she thought the grass might be greener on the other side and pretended to go atheist. When it didn't result in the Topix friends she thought it would, she claimed she had faked the whole thing and went full Christian again. Even buddying up with all the Christians on FaceBook

Then when someone told her to quit playing the victim and take some responsibility for all the trouble she keeps stirring up, she decided to post as not only an atheist but full anti-Christian

You are a fraud Juicy

And nothing you say is of any interest to me
Your lack of interest inspires you to write many inventive and dishonest paragraphs about me?

A likely story. You cannot stay on topic can you?

Just proves my initial point, you have no idea what you're talking about.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone is delusional if they think the reason someone has a sex without a condom is for religious reasons when that sex also happens to be with some random stranger and not their wife with whom they are monogamous with
If someone wanted to practice sex in according with the faith then AIDS would be much less of a problem
You are being less than truthful here. I never said that the ONLY reason condoms were not used was religion. I said that religion (particularly Catholicism) is a FACTOR in condoms not being. I said that some Christians tell others not to use them. And since some people obey these strictures, those religious strictures are a factor in the spread of AIDS.

And I agree that if all sexual relationships were strictly monogamous, then STDs would disappear. But thinking that is going to happen is delusional. As I have pointed out, no religion has managed to come even close to accomplishing that.
Skombolis wrote:
If someone wants to enjoy sex more and decides not to wear a condom with sleeping with some untested stranger, that is on them
Agreed. But some people do have unprotected sex because of religious propaganda.
Skombolis wrote:
For anyone to try to claim someone chose the no condom part only for religious reasons is absurd
And just who as claimed this? I certainly haven't. And your wording here points to religion being a FACTOR for some people.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You people have it rough, apparently Both man and God are against you. I can understand the blame and defensiveness
No, only you. And that's hardly a man.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it.[tipping hat]
Indeed

Well, I know we probably won't see eye to eye on the other thing

That's ok, no point in beating the subject into the ground and I got to get some sleep anyway. Can't believe I stayed up this late. I mean, I normally am up way later but wanted to make it an early night

Have a good night brother

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree again. And that is what has happened with both gays and atheists, the two groups that have been so demeaned that they have lived in closets to hide from the opprobrium. Fornicators, for example, don't need to do that.
Not these days they don't. LOL

Just don't do it in public...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You can attack me all you want, I know it's hard for you to accept that I left the church, even though my choices have less than zero to do with you.
You not understanding what I wrote, sadly, does not affect the state of affairs in Africa.
Bring it on chicken.
LOL

Oh Juicy

I doubt you ever were even part of the church

Either way, it couldn't possibly matter to me less. I simply note what happened when gauging your credibility

You pretended to stop being a Christian once before this and after it didn't work out told everybody you had just been kidding and were conning the atheists.

Then you get in a fight with the Christians on FB and people are supposed to believe suddenly you are suddenly not only not a Christian but super anti-Christian? I mean, it just was a wild coincidence it came after some Christians told you to grow up?

You are someone who would claim to be whatever suited your purpose or mood the best

Or best case scenario you are someone whose beliefs and values mean nothing to her, and she will change them to best suit whatever group comes along next

So you are either super fake or super shallow

I won't lose much sleep trying to figure out which it is
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed
Well, I know we probably won't see eye to eye on the other thing
That's ok, no point in beating the subject into the ground and I got to get some sleep anyway. Can't believe I stayed up this late. I mean, I normally am up way later but wanted to make it an early night
Have a good night brother
[peace]

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Learn to read anti-Chrisnogethist

I said if someone did they would also adhere to the other teachings as well

Someone not wearing a condom and not adhering to the other teachings is doing so for self, not for faith

P.S.

I am combining Christian, agnostic, atheist, and anti-Christian. I want to make sure i get all your hats included in one name
Your obsession with my personal choices and online 'friendships' says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Clearly I cannot discuss world events with you as you get overly emotional and insist on making guesses about my life but if you don't realise that many people don't use contraception due to doctrine then that's really your problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being less than truthful here. I never said that the ONLY reason condoms were not used was religion. I said that religion (particularly Catholicism) is a FACTOR in condoms not being. I said that some Christians tell others not to use them. And since some people obey these strictures, those religious strictures are a factor in the spread of AIDS.
And I agree that if all sexual relationships were strictly monogamous, then STDs would disappear. But thinking that is going to happen is delusional. As I have pointed out, no religion has managed to come even close to accomplishing that.
<quoted text>
Agreed. But some people do have unprotected sex because of religious propaganda.
<quoted text>
And just who as claimed this? I certainly haven't. And your wording here points to religion being a FACTOR for some people.
I don't think you followed the order of postings

You replied to a post RR made to HL

If you saw that post, you would know why I said what I did

I assumed your reply to him was taking her post into account

In a nutshell, some people in here are trying to blame Christian Ministries in Africa for the spread of Aids

But the reason someone doesn't wear a condom for sex isn't religious if they also happen to be sleeping with random strangers, it is personal

I have an post a page or so back on the same subject responding to HL's post. You will understand my response to you better if you look at that. I took your post in conjunction with hers as like i said I assumed you were continuing her argument by your response to RR

If your post to RR was not taking that argument into considering, then I am not really addressing your post any more i guess. In any event, my intention was not to imply you said it. I thought that conclusion was what your post was based on

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

Oh Juicy

Either way, it couldn't possibly matter to me less. I simply note what happened when gauging your credibility

You pretended to stop being a Christian once before this and after it didn't work out told everybody you had just been kidding and were conning the atheists.

Then you get in a fight with the Christians on FB and people are supposed to believe suddenly you are suddenly not only not a Christian but super anti-Christian? I mean, it just was a wild coincidence it came after some Christians told you to grow up?

You are someone who would claim to be whatever suited your purpose or mood the best

Or best case scenario you are someone whose beliefs and values mean nothing to her, and she will change them to best suit whatever group comes along next

Wow.

More obsessive guessing based on your imaginative lack of interest?

I'll let you know if you guess something right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[peace]
:)

(T) Peace

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

Oh Juicy

I had a fight with christians I barely spoke to on Facebook? LOL

What other lies have you got?

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We had dinner Friday night with a gay couple, one of whom, Rich, alluded a couple of times to the fact that he thought he was straight for the first few decades of his life. He married and had children, then discovered his true nature. Now his ex-wife - a born again Christian - hates him and his kids don't speak to him. Rich has been in a stable relationship with Ernie since 1981.
I ran into another gay friend, John, yesterday at the plaza selling his water colors. Both he and his helpmate Earl, who have been together since the late seventies, have been married and have children. They are luckier. Their kids don't despise them, although John's Christian sister won't speak to him.
It's absolutely horrible what the Christian culture does to these people. I find it unforgivable. It doesn't matter that you don't feel seething hatred for these people. You perpetuate it on behalf of your church.
<quoted text>
And there it is - delivered dispassionately and without any overt hatred.
You would understand if I noted that healthy infants arenít born drug addicts. or Christians, that addiction comes later in life after the individual is negatively influenced with drugs, and that in many cases itís the same with Christianity. If millions of people thought and spoke about you like that, you would be despised, possibly to the point that people that should love you would hate you for no other reason than being Christian.
I like my gay friends. If you demean them,you demean yourselves in my eyes.
They are so nice, most of the ones I know. I love my GBFs - in a sisterly way of course.

For them, I don't mind taking on Topix fundies. Who then do the Lord's work and hate me too.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife is Bisexual. CC can't understand that.
CC is too busy playing God to face reality.
That's probably right. She's what they call a "switch hitter".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a fight with christians I barely spoke to on Facebook? LOL
What other lies have you got?
Oh Juice

What happened is common knowledge

You were told to grow up by a few people on FB and wigged out. Next time you showed up on Topix suddenly you were not only no longer a Christian but super anti-Christian

But if you want to pretend that didn't happen it makes no difference to me. The other example is just as telling. Like when you pretended to go Atheist and then claimed a few weeks later you were faking it to fool the atheists and went back to saying you were a Christian

Several people in this room were in WSJLM when that happened

Do you really think they don't remember?

I realize you probably lie so much that you convince yourself of your own nonsense. After the "fake" departure from the faith the first time is when the FB thing happened. But does it really take another example? You already lied once about leaving the faith and admitted you did it to con other people into thinking it.

Now I had given you about 6 chances to go your own way and put up with your childish 'attacks'. You simply are too stupid to realize when someone is trying to do you a favor.

We will play things my way from here on out

Should be fun

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with my personal choices and online 'friendships' says a lot more about you than it does about me.
Clearly I cannot discuss world events with you as you get overly emotional and insist on making guesses about my life but if you don't realise that many people don't use contraception due to doctrine then that's really your problem.
I simply find it silly to counter stupid arguments by someone pretending to be something they aren't

I could even put up with you being a fraud if your arguments were not so damn stupid

But both is asking a bit much

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just about blew a gasket when I saw that this monster Lively supports Barton.
Lively is an advisor to the Ugandans who want to punish homosexual behavior with death. These Ugandans rely heavily on support from U.S. evangelical Christians for their anti-homosexual agenda.
Lively is basically in the same class as the Nazis, in my book. He couldn't pull it on you
Americans, so he exported his hate...We know the rest.
:-(

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Juice

You were told to grow up by a few people on FB and wigged out. Next time you showed up on Topix suddenly you were not only no longer a Christian but super anti-Christian

But if you want to pretend that didn't happen it makes no difference to me. The other example is just as telling. Like when you pretended to go Atheist and then claimed a few weeks later you were faking it to fool the atheists and went back to saying you were a Christian

I realize you probably lie so much that you convince yourself of your own nonsense. After the "fake" departure from the faith the first time is when the FB thing happened. But does it really take another example? You already lied once about leaving the faith and admitted you did it to con other people into thinking it.

Now I had given you about 6 chances to go your own way and put up with your childish 'attacks'. You simply are too stupid to realize when someone is trying to do you a favor.

Should be fun

Really? Who were these people and why are you the one and only person ever to have mentioned this alleged "fight"?

Are you upset because I blocked you from my Facebook page? Is that why you feel the need to make up bullshit about me?

Or is it just that I left christianity behind and dared to disagree with a few of your posts?

I don't think you're in a position to cry about being attacked.

I don't always agree with you but I never took you to be a liar Steve, despite popular opinion.

gfy

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Juice

Should be fun

We both know you won't pull up the posts where I spent a week playing Poe to both sides, in February 2013, in WSJLM.

I didn't 'pretend' to leave christianity either and didn't leave the 'family' fb group until a few months later, which was to do with my lack of interest in gossip and planned group attacks as well as the fact that I had to close my old fb account, one I'd had for years.

You like making these types of accusations without backing them up.

Let's see you back them up, by all means, don't hold back but if you continue lying I can and will debunk you.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That's probably right. She's what they call a "switch hitter".
For her sake, I hope you're right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What does "Atheism" mean? 1 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 5 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 14 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr Growupchildren 21,401
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Mon Liam R 21
•••
•••