Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255504 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#205527 Jan 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Hey, Redneck.
It's MLK day today.
You going to go out tonight and burn some crosses?
Hop over to South L.A. and call people monkeys?
Nah. I don't celebrate MLK day like you do.

I don't celebrate it at all.

There are many holidays I don't celebrate.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#205528 Jan 20, 2014
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/25/so...

“If we have to worry about smokers because of Obamacare, I think we even have to do something about the gay bathhouses, because AIDS is very expensive and if I’m paying for it, how about discouraging that behavior,” she said.

The anti-obesity activist responded by noting that AIDS doesn’t only impact homosexuals, however Coulter continued, driving her point home about punishing people who engage in risky behaviors. She essentially asked: Why punish one dangerous activity that could become costly to the health care system and taxpayers at large and not the other?

“I’m just saying, if the argument is,‘Smoking, well we all have to pay,’[then] sodomy: we all have to pay,” Coulter continued.“You’re the one making the argument fine go ahead have your bathhouses.”

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205529 Jan 20, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. this line of reasoning can inflict pain on a child. Do either of you get that ??..
I doubt it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#205530 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I know.
I think Catch meant it in a financial sense.
He'll deny it of course.
Catcher1 wrote:
Of course I deny it.
I've mentioned your background--deprived of any sense of decency, deprived of education, deprived of any awareness of the world outside your little redneck world.
Don't go playing the poverty card, it's undignified.
See?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#205531 Jan 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You wish me ill will? Here is some more of what you consider garbage from a neutral source.
http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/medical-down...
A neutral source?

Zenit?

Holy Crusades!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#205532 Jan 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you gargle? Why not clean out behind those other lips some times? Get that excess lube out of there.
These series of douche musings are by far the strangest things I've seen in 7 years on topix. The mind recoils at how, why, wtf was slithering through your mind as you composed it.

This is exactly why non-religionists are distrustful of you sort of people. You sit in here day after day preaching, prophesying, and prattling your pious pedagoguery, and then you weird out like this. You represent the moralizing hellfire and damnation preacher who turns out to be a creep hanging out in airport men's rooms.

Credibility scale flatlines>>>> >>>>>>> >

Since: Sep 08

Manzanola, CO

#205533 Jan 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Testerone, Dave, testerone.
Don't go switching stuff on us.
Found your favorite flavor, eh?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#205534 Jan 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Godwin arrives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
----------
Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.
Oh, Jeez. Can you be any more inane? How did I compare you to Nazis? If anything, I compared you to potential Nazi victims.

And I see you declare victory without addressing the post.

Or did you just post this because you couldn't come up with an answer to my points?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#205535 Jan 20, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. your attempts to shame women are pitiful ..
.. news flash: the vagina and penis are suppose to smell. My vagina doesn't require a douche, it already smells good. And, women on thread thread won't appreciate your attempts to interfere with our natural PH balance ..
.. like men who actually love women, I love everything about a woman including their taste and smell. You don't ..
It's what I like to call a good funk.

nom nom nom

#205536 Jan 20, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im disappointed in you Darwins sploogechild. Buck has sufficiently exposed your tomfoolery and now this. What difference would it make to you if everyone was an exact replica of Jesus?
W...F...T...???

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#205537 Jan 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:

There's some of the Redneck's deprivation I mentioned.
You're desperately trying to dig yourself of out your bigot hole.

It's funny.

Please, continue.

Manzanola, CO

#205538 Jan 20, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. your attempts to shame women are pitiful ..
.. news flash: the vagina and penis are suppose to smell. My vagina doesn't require a douche, it already smells good. And, women on thread thread won't appreciate your attempts to interfere with our natural PH balance ..
.. like men who actually love women, I love everything about a woman including their taste and smell. You don't ..
You are FOS.

How many dicks have you had in you in the last 20 years?

You ain't got nothing to clean out except for some artificial lubricants.

Invite a few guys over for an evening. Some of your gay guy friends will oblige you on learning how it feels to be a woman. Let it simmer for a while.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#205539 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, especially about accepting people for who they are.
I'm gonna use the wrong name here, but I got sick and tired of my family excising my brother, saying "Oh, that's just George..."
Most things people do are excusable, some things aren't.
My brother is a very bad guy and has done very bad things to innocent people. I CANNOT and will not EVER forgive him and for my family to excuse it way because "that's just him" is utter bullshit.
In my world, blood is not thicker than water.
I'll agree with that. George just ain't right.;)

We had an alcoholic in the family, dead now. Wonderful guy, terrible drunk. Old story. I got sick of people saying, "Oh he was just drunk." BS then and BS now.

Manzanola, CO

#205540 Jan 20, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>These series of douche musings are by far the strangest things I've seen in 7 years on topix. The mind recoils at how, why, wtf was slithering through your mind as you composed it.
This is exactly why non-religionists are distrustful of you sort of people. You sit in here day after day preaching, prophesying, and prattling your pious pedagoguery, and then you weird out like this. You represent the moralizing hellfire and damnation preacher who turns out to be a creep hanging out in airport men's rooms.
Credibility scale flatlines>>>> >>>>>>> >
Perhaps I have more appreciation and use for women than you do?

#205541 Jan 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you understand that.
So you understand what provocation for an agenda is, and how it disturbs the greater operations?
Provocation?

Having an agenda is not a reason for firing someone. We all have agendas.

Having an agenda does not disturb the greater operation.

What are firing offenses are if one ignores one's job in order to advance their agenda, or becomes disruptive in the advocacy.

Or are you saying Christians should be fired for having an agenda? After all, many Christians are quite provocative for their agenda.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#205542 Jan 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
W...F...T...???
Three letters, man.

It's only three letters......

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#205543 Jan 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>?

Whooo!

A super aggressive and macho Catcher his morning.

Did you catch an extra strong dose of testerone recently?
What is "testerone"?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#205544 Jan 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.theblaze.com/storie s/2013/03/25/sodomy-we-all-hav e-to-pay-ann-coulter-uses-some -reverse-logic-and-gay-bathhou ses-to-attack-bloombergs-propo sals/
“If we have to worry about smokers because of Obamacare, I think we even have to do something about the gay bathhouses, because AIDS is very expensive and if I’m paying for it, how about discouraging that behavior,” she said.
The anti-obesity activist responded by noting that AIDS doesn’t only impact homosexuals, however Coulter continued, driving her point home about punishing people who engage in risky behaviors. She essentially asked: Why punish one dangerous activity that could become costly to the health care system and taxpayers at large and not the other?
“I’m just saying, if the argument is,‘Smoking, well we all have to pay,’[then] sodomy: we all have to pay,” Coulter continued.“You’re the one making the argument fine go ahead have your bathhouses.”
.. Ann Coulter is actually an x-girlfriend of mine ..

.. she twitches and moans a lot. Would you like a copy of the DVD I recorded ??..

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#205545 Jan 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're the moron saying a homosexual act requires consenting adults. Those are your words. Own them.
When a male rapes a male, that's a homosexual act.
When a male rapes a female, that's a heterosexual act.
That doesn't mean neither hetero- or homosexuality are bad things.
Rape is.
I like you, but you ain't got the brains your god give a dang fuckweasel.
When a man rapes a man it's a gd deviant sexual crime, now grant you the fact a homosexual man can rape another man, but it isn't a homosexual act. It is a criminal act by a homosexual.

Homosexuality

Homosexuality (from Ancient Greek &#8001;&#956;&#972 ;&#962;, meaning "same", and Latin sexus, meaning "sex") is romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As an orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectionate, or romantic attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

I'm sure you can't puzzle your way through it, but if a homo rapes you, you are a victim not a participant.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#205546 Jan 20, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. thankfully, Uganda has the international community to contend with ..
.. Evangelical Christianity, along with its rabid anti-homosexual message, has been exported to most African countries. Falls under the 'charity' clause of churches ..
.. in Kenya, young men are being taught how to train young women to service their needs. More charity dollars at work ..
.. it's such a joke ..
Most Christian Evangelism is unethical.

You can't just inject Christianity into any environment and expect a Christian culture like that of America to emerge from the pieces.

Pure unadulterated Christianity is a disease to people who have no immunity. Even if we could transplant mainstream American Christianity into another culture, that would be far from the best ideology to promote.

Of course they won't stop themselves. They don't really care about the harm they're doing. Onward Christian soldiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 12 min NightSerf 4,474
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 24 min NightSerf 171
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 34,718
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 14,895
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 4 hr Eagle 12 111
News Why I quit atheism 4 hr Eagle 12 263
Majority of Scots now have no religion 4 hr Eagle 12 136
More from around the web