Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#204679 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That changes nothing, you Dumbass. It only adds to it. Notice below, the exact copy and paste from your own post, in particlular:
"And what were these general principles? I answer, the general principles of Christianity, in which all those sects were united, and the general principles of English and American liberty, in which all those young men united, and which had united all parties in America, in majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her independence."
So you think adding "the general principles of English and American liberty" negates the assertion of the general principles of Christianity?
Sorry, no.
Still batting 1000.
What else you got, Shit Heel?
It changes it a lot, but you are too brain dead to see it.

And, as pointed out, Barton left out the whole bit about "general principles of English and American liberty"...that is, the Enlightenment. Barton say Christian...and only Christian. Leaving out so much of the quote is very dishonest.

But then, you have shown just how dishonest you are yourself so I guess you can't see it when others lie. Particularly when they are saying things you want to hear.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#204680 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a carpool lane?
HOV lane. Info:
HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicles. There is a lane set aside on major highways within cities or that lead into cities that is for vehicles that have two or more people in the vehicle. This is designed to coerse people to carpool by giving them a lane that they won't get tied up in traffic in during rush hour. It helps keep the number of cars down on the road by people sharing the ride to work.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#204681 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that's funny? This sick evil man used his imagination to come up with a "humane" system to kill people. Result was countless Jews and others gassed to death. May he suffer in the hottest parts of hell.
Where exactly is hell?

#204682 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That changes nothing, you Dumbass. It only adds to it. Notice below, the exact copy and paste from your own post, in particlular:
"And what were these general principles? I answer, the general principles of Christianity, in which all those sects were united, and the general principles of English and American liberty, in which all those young men united, and which had united all parties in America, in majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her independence."
So you think adding "the general principles of English and American liberty" negates the assertion of the general principles of Christianity?
Sorry, no.
Still batting 1000.
BTW...thank you for agreeing with me. By giving me all that hate. After all...
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I conclude from being on this thread the the quantity of hate people will pour onto a person is directly proportional to his effectiveness at annihilating their arguments.
Let it roll, boys.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#204683 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are having sex with a member of the same sex, your orientation is homosexual.
You can't make a fog of everything.
That's not true.

Oh wait...it's Buck

Never mind.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204684 Jan 18, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only "about" sex because it is ALL about control.
The last thing someone would consent to after being kidnapped is sex. To exert the most control over someone, you take what they are least willing to give.
What psychobabble.

They pick up the kid because they want to sexually molest them.

The get off on pictures of kids. I guess they are exerting power over the pictures.

#204685 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no.
Still batting 1000.
What is going on with you, anyway?

You claim to not be a Christian. Yet at almost every turn you defend the fundamentalist Christian position. You do know, don't you, that you are going to be in just as much sh*t as I am if they ever get their way and come to power? And that is what Barton is working toward...a Christian Dominion Nation.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#204686 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a carpool lane?
In California we call it the HOV lane--reserved for high occupancy vehicles. Usually requires two people in the car, sometimes three. No-emission vehicles are ok with just a driver.

People sometimes put a blow-up doll in the passenger seat, to fool the cops.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#204687 Jan 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's why sex is always the common factor, huh?
It's always the common factor because of the way the acts are categorized.

If you want sex and are willing to break the law to get it, most would simply hire a prostitute.

This isn't a pleasant subject to explore, but you can't speak with any authority without understanding every aspect.

#204688 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You lie for your Jesus.
In fact, you adopted his name.
Buck, that is just one of the stupidest things you have ever said. Every time I think you have reach the lowest you can go, you manage to exceed it.

This is the kind of statement I would expect from Bongo, who admits to not thinking very much.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#204689 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are having sex with a member of the same sex, your orientation is homosexual.
You can't make a fog of everything.
Are you familiar with the expression, any port in a storm?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#204690 Jan 18, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that can be called a debate.
We really don't need any more exhibitions of how arguments for creationism fail at every opportunity.
Letting people think that Ken Ham isn't a complete moron by giving him a platform will always be a mistake. His opinions about evolution are like the opinions rocks have about geology.
Ham's argument is nowhere near as moronic as your attempt to dignify homosexuality by trying to argue that pedophilia is not sexual.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#204691 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attitude, your language, your history of violence, your ignorance, your bigotry, put them all together and what do we have?
Pretty much a cave dweller, in my view.
But oh gosh, you're trying to be a better person, I know. You're climbing up that tough learning curve. We have to be understanding--as the West Side Story line goes, you're depraved on account of you were deprived.
And even more of your bigotry. I pity you if you live at the level you claim to. But it does prove money doesn't equal class, again if your claims are true.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#204692 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
HOV lane. Info:
HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicles. There is a lane set aside on major highways within cities or that lead into cities that is for vehicles that have two or more people in the vehicle. This is designed to coerse people to carpool by giving them a lane that they won't get tied up in traffic in during rush hour. It helps keep the number of cars down on the road by people sharing the ride to work.
Thanks Chris.

Does it work?

#204693 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
I said the guy posting 97% was wrong, and linked to an article with the 95%.
Is that the best you can do?
NO, Buck, you said I was wrong when I posted a 95% similarity. And you responded that the difference was much greater.

ROFL

You were so determined to refute me that you ended up agreeing with me. Such irony. I think it's that OCD at work again.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#204694 Jan 18, 2014
Isn't it interesting how the fundies on here always change the subject away from their bizarre, insecure belief that being an atheist requires faith inÂ….nothing.

#204695 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe my last response to Catcher on Citizens United was that I would respond when he admits I am right - that SCOTUS rewrote the First Amendment establishment clause multiple times, which he knows is true.
If I can't get you and him to be honest on the first, I don't see the point of engaging on the second.
So you are admitting to intellectual cowardice.

Thanx.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#204696 Jan 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>

You think rape is having sex?
Gosh. I don't know. You tell me.

rape transitive verb
: to force someone to have sex with you by using violence or the threat of violence

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#204697 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In California we call it the HOV lane--reserved for high occupancy vehicles. Usually requires two people in the car, sometimes three. No-emission vehicles are ok with just a driver.
People sometimes put a blow-up doll in the passenger seat, to fool the cops.
I know there is bus service there. I've seen it.

Don't you have rail or something?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#204698 Jan 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Locke in his "Two Treatises on Government" explains that the "law of nature" is God's general revelation of law in creation. Locke drew the idea from the New Testament in Romans 1 and 2.
Locke makes a clear distinction between natural law and divine law. Divine law is that which is handed down through revelation and prophets, and natural law is that which can be deduced universally through reason and logic. This is Locke's "spin", not mine.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>On the Constitution, as Madison explains in Federalist #51, illustrating the Christian principle of sin and grace,
In the entire piece, you will not find the words "sin", "grace", or "Christian". Madison states his influences in crafting his concepts of government from examples of confederacies going back to the Greeks.

There's a copy of the Federalist Papers, and Locke's writings, both on the shelf here to my left. I mean this only to illustrate that you also can get copies for your own education, and thus avoid looking the fool. Read them, and you'll realize that your author is a fake, and he's leading you like a ring-nosed bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 48 min Eagle 12 - 1,429
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 9 hr Frindly 1,176
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr u196533dm 32,462
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 19 hr Ben Avraham 100
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
More from around the web