Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#204509 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I still like you, even if you do have a bigger truck than me.
It only has a 15 gallon tank. I'm sure you can out run me.

If you get stuck, I can pull you out though. I have a big chain behind the seat next to my scarf.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#204510 Jan 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's American. Born n raised in Cali.
That's the funny part.
You didn't get it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#204511 Jan 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a sin. The Bible calls it an abomination. And itís in the Bible my friend. The Word of God stands against it. We Christians are not in the business of promoting sin as if itís perfectly alright with God. John the Baptist was beheaded because he told the King he could not marry his brothers wife.
What about the other sins? Homosexuality comes up often today because the Homosexuals in our society want to redefine marriage. Something I personally stand against. No one is trying to redefine drunkenness or theft.
ďBut truthfully I don't like how it makes Christians look when people go around saying God is sending natural disasters because of gay marriage. There is nothing biblical to suggest it.Ē
Do you remember the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? These cities were destroyed by God because of their unrighteousness. So yes it is in the Bible and the word ďSodomy,Ē is a direct derivative from the city of Sodom.
My rant was about California. Just connect the dots. Drought, enormous fires, earthquakes, devastated economics for State Government, prone to hurricanes, massive mudslides. It also happens to be a liberal State with Gay Marriage made legal.
The situation in California is not ever going to turn around. Unless the people of California turn away from their unrighteousness. You donít have to take my word for it. Just keep an eye on California for the next three years and see for yourself.
You are right. My thinking is you could say most of this of the nation sadly. When you have a hero like Chris Kyle give all for the nation and not a word from the President. But let a homosexual ball player that has done nothing get a nod from the leader and say he has "courage". This is what I mean about perverting things. Don't be shocked if the entire nation soon sees the wrath of God.

Long Beach, CA

#204512 Jan 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
M'kay, pumpkin.
I wish I could be as perfect as you and only hate the poor, the hard working, the uneducated and the Christians.
Help me.
That's the snide, wiseass way you talk to your family.

For sure--a leopard can't change its spots.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#204513 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Can't I just pull the string?
Oh wait. That's what I said to Mia.
Never mind.
Just put me in a chair by the bed.

I'm sure I'll get turned on somehow.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#204514 Jan 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RDG_VxVkM_oXX&feature=end screen
Speaking of trucks.
Nice. Truckers can now get a bj and forgiveness for their sin in one convenient location...

Long Beach, CA

#204515 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When it comes to contractual vows, Catcher contributes by enforcing them. Whether it includes but is not limited to bankrupting someone or ruins their marriage or disrupts or shuts down businesses or tosses them in poverty or cause towns to take out long term bonds raising taxes or destroys reputations etc etc etc is of no consequence. Not that theres anything wrong with that if its legal and can enrich you. Same with getting a hardened criminal off on a technicality or by good polemics.
You give me far too much credit.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#204516 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When it comes to contractual vows, Catcher contributes by enforcing them. Whether it includes but is not limited to bankrupting someone or ruins their marriage or disrupts or shuts down businesses or tosses them in poverty or cause towns to take out long term bonds raising taxes or destroys reputations etc etc etc is of no consequence. Not that theres anything wrong with that if its legal and can enrich you. Same with getting a hardened criminal off on a technicality or by good polemics.
The Lord has much to say on the law.

Location hidden

#204517 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a self-absorbed person that yesterday speaks of how his worth is more than another man. And for years your bigotry towards Christians is noted. Do you ever do as you say? Ever?
Everything Catcher1 said was true.

I think RR would agree.

I don't mind RR's jokes. I laugh at the ones I find funny.

Location hidden

#204518 Jan 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is the engine. Without the irresponsible and criminal use of the engine there would be no crime.
Rape and pedophilia have nothing to do with sex. It's simply dominance. Nothing else.

power corrupts

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#204519 Jan 18, 2014
Bongo wrote:
It pays for flashy cars and gym memberships to keep that aging body looking trim and macho.

Never know when he might run into a young boy walking down a street shirtless that needs some expert guidance in life and someone to look up to.

Catcher has the youth of America, and maybe other places, as his main interest. What a guy.

Hey, it takes money to be such a sport, don't you know? You have to bend your morality a bit to enlighten and help young men. Keeps them out of the YMCA.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#204520 Jan 18, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything Catcher1 said was true.
I think RR would agree.
I don't mind RR's jokes. I laugh at the ones I find funny.
It might be but he is still a bigot. That's really my only issue with the guy. But he is at this point in time in the mainstream. bigotry towards Christians, toward people on the right is not only fine you can witness it from the President on down.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#204521 Jan 18, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Truckers can now get a bj and forgiveness for their sin in one convenient location...
All that time off from here and that's still the best you can come up with?

Clearwater and Honolulu

#204522 Jan 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It pays for flashy cars and gym memberships to keep that aging body looking trim and macho.
Never know when he might run into a young boy walking down a street shirtless that needs some expert guidance in life and someone to look up to.
Catcher has the youth of America, and maybe other places, as his main interest. What a guy.
Hey, it takes money to be such a sport, don't you know? You have to bend your morality a bit to enlighten and help young men. Keeps them out of the YMCA.
YMCA or young mens Christian association. They would be better off at the Y.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#204523 Jan 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You give me far too much credit.
Thanks, Man.... However you did say that there isn't "much you cant do" . I could not have given you more credit than you have given yourself.

Location hidden

#204524 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. My thinking is you could say most of this of the nation sadly. When you have a hero like Chris Kyle give all for the nation and not a word from the President. But let a homosexual ball player that has done nothing get a nod from the leader and say he has "courage". This is what I mean about perverting things. Don't be shocked if the entire nation soon sees the wrath of God.
Nobody is going to see the wrath of your god.

It's not going to happen, Chris.

Get a grip, dude. The god that you believe in does not exist.

Earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, Oprah, tornadoes are not acts of a god.

Homosexual people are getting married !!!!

Pat Robertson looks like a caricature of a Muppet !!!

Live and let live.

Location hidden

#204525 Jan 18, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Just put me in a chair by the bed.
I'm sure I'll get turned on somehow.
We have certain rules.

The one that ends up on top has to lick the wounds and apply the ice.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#204526 Jan 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All that time off from here and that's still the best you can come up with?
Hey, cut me some slack. It's eighteen degrees and I'm having a shitty day. How's your new phone working out?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#204527 Jan 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
In reference to your brothers marriage. Ministers are human and do fall into affairs. Itís wrong and rooted in selfishness. We seen an example of this in King Davidís affair. Ministers are not above being tempted and giving into temptations.
God can and does forgive but thereís often a price paid for such action. Do we shoot our wounded or work on healing their brokenness? I say let us work on healing the wounded and restoration.
I realize many of our topix Atheist are homosexuals. God can forgive and heal your heart. He was the first cardiologist. He understands the heart and soul of mankind. Heís willing to do it for you if you would give him a chance.
Demeter can bless your crops, if you pray to her, and if you are kind to pigs and snakes.

Location hidden

#204528 Jan 18, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be but he is still a bigot. That's really my only issue with the guy. But he is at this point in time in the mainstream. bigotry towards Christians, toward people on the right is not only fine you can witness it from the President on down.
Are you a fan of Ted Cruz?

I'm not but I liked his reading of Green Eggs and Ham. I still love that book.

Dr. Seuss was a wise man but a little kinky. A Wocket in My Pocket????

I'm just sayin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 9 min Reason Personified 1,043
Islam for peace, or violence? 49 min Chiclets 41
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 7 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE