Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 9,810)

Showing posts 196,181 - 196,200 of217,953
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

One more example of Buck's dishonest nature...

About a week ago, I posted that the DNA similarity between humans and chimps was 95%.

Buck stated that I was wrong, that the difference between the two species was much greater. He even linked to an article. The article said the difference was...

get this...

5%.

Buck has yet to offer an apology.

What Buck has said is...nothing.

When called on this, he dropped it like a hot potato.

An honest person admits when they are wrong, and Buck was clearly wrong here.

But Buck never ever admits to being wrong.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. I quit going to church because of the people in it. People like you. Arrogant, ignorant, judgmental assholes that twist The Lord's words into something they're not.
The last time I went to church, the pastor was "preaching" that if you don't tithe, God gets mad at you.
I walked out when he said that.
Walked out for good. I had had enough of the damn church people and their damn fake personas and the God damned Sunday Christians that fuck it up for the rest of us.
I have asked forgiveness for my sexual behavior in my past. There was no adultery.
I have repented.
I am forgiven.
Now. You can shit that cock holster you call a mouth and make me a sammich, bitch.
do I need to to post the scripture concerning adultery after divorcve, even if you remarry? Youre like those guys looking for a job. When you ask them about their last jobs, which are excessive, they always have bad mouth things to say about the boss. You don't tithe because your heart just aint right.. You took yer bat and ball and went home. Theyre all still doin Church. Youre in a dead end , clinging to the life raft as a token white. Whats a matter self employment just don't make it for ya? Oh then you couldn't post here all day and pay yourself, right?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Catcher1...

Did Buck ever say anything to you about his opinion on Citizen's United?

Both you and I asked him for his opinion on the SCOTUS decision. He never responded to me.

But, given the huge number of posts on this thread, I often just skim, using the "find" feature to look for responses to my posts. This would have skimmed over any response he gave to you.

So...did he ever respond?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>People have a lot of misconceptions about the abuse in teh church. I can provide the links if people want them but the stats are as follows
1-5% of the population is guesstimated to be pedophile
Less than 2% of all Catholic priests were accused of abusing children.(yes some abuse wasn't made public. Others could have been bogus claims to get money based on public perception. There is no way to know but it may even itself out)
There is a higher percentage of pedophiles in the teaching professions and psychiatry
So not only the church is pretty much on par with anywhere in society as far as percentage of pedophiles (who were born or turned that way well before entering) the reason why it is highest in teaching an psychiatry is abusers seek out jobs where they have access to children. In addition, in the church, someone can hide in plain sight. Nobody wonders why a single man never dates who is a priest. Plus there are probably pedophile priests who became priests hoping the vow of celibacy and the church would aid in an attempt to stop being a pedophile and they failed
But pedophiles have infiltrated the church. And while the church should pay and pay dearly criminally and civilly for any cover-up, nothing taught or no culture present is why a priest turned pedophile. They infest society everywhere and in higher concentrations where there are children.
Those weren't pedophiles. They were homosexual predators of adolescent boys.

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger, though specific diagnostic criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Read the whole article, it goes into more distinction. There are other terms for predation of adolescents.

The terms have been confused for a purpose. It's called deflection.

The early RCC had married priests. It wasn't until the third or fourth centuries that the celibacy thing became their law.

As you said, what better place to hide.

The Church wasn't exclusively homosexual, but they had a huge and powerful niche carved out, and still do.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>gonna chime in here
Personally I have always categorized things like this
1) Heterosexual
2) Homosexual
3) Pedophile
I consider them 3 different sexual groups
But it is true that pedophiles almost always stick to one gender.
So technically, could it be fair to say heterosexual pedophiles molest the opposite sex and homosexual pedophiles molest the same sex?
I don't see that as an attack on either group. It is the pedophile part that is the problem obviously.
Pedophilia is not about sex. Rape is not about sex.

It's about being in control of somebody weaker than you. It has nothing to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality. It is about a weak person preying on a weaker person to prove that they are finally dominant over something. It's abhorrent.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
One more example of Buck's dishonest nature...
About a .
But Buck never ever admits to being wrong.
Not true, ive seen him do it a few . times.The posts could be found.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is not about sex. Rape is not about sex.
It's about being in control of somebody weaker than you. It has nothing to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality. It is about a weak person preying on a weaker person to prove that they are finally dominant over something. It's abhorrent.
it seems obvious you were raped, by possibly both men and women. So much for your born that way , who I am theory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If some people question their sexuality then your theory of "you either are or aren't" is bullshit.
I know homosexuality isn't just about sex. You'd hafta be an idiot to think that.
Exhibit A: Bongo.
You either are or you're not.

It's not that hard to understand. I'm talking about girls, RR. Young girls when I was 15 years old, you know, like 5 years ago. We have an age gap here that I sometimes forget.

My apologies.

Bongo:

http://img2.allposters.com/images/PTGPOD/OSOS...
Dongo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. I quit going to church because of the people in it. People like you. Arrogant, ignorant, judgmental assholes that twist The Lord's words into something they're not.
The last time I went to church, the pastor was "preaching" that if you don't tithe, God gets mad at you.
I walked out when he said that.
Walked out for good. I had had enough of the damn church people and their damn fake personas and the God damned Sunday Christians that fuck it up for the rest of us.
I have asked forgiveness for my sexual behavior in my past. There was no adultery.
I have repented.
I am forgiven.
Now. You can shit that cock holster you call a mouth and make me a sammich, bitch.
Treat me rough, daddy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to bet on that?
<quoted text>
DuckDude? Is that you?
<quoted text>
Let me write that down. Hold on.
OK, go on.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I want to know.
<quoted text>
That's not helping your case in case you didn't know.
<quoted text>
I'll ask an alter boy about their bend.
<quoted text>
If you say so.
<quoted text>
It was a little loose this morning. I think it was the cauliflower.
:-)

You can run, little girl, but you can never hide from yourself and your fears. You can only be afraid of what you don't know.

Try a few guys you like personally, then re-evaluate what you think now.

You can reject, replace, or incorporate as you are comfortable with.

Let your inner monster loose until you get to know her. You have her leashed up and just chasing the girls because that is all you know.

Just stay away from the bi boys to reduce the chance of disease. At least at first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> dumb ass I don't hate gays but I don't approve of them and Im uncomfortable around them when they misbehave. I exhibited facts. Youre bought with a price, youre not your own. God doesn't live in temples anymore, he indwells his people. Go ahead disprove that. Leviticus too, which by the way anyone not in Christ is judged by the law.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> he indwells his people.
Is there some sort of lube involved?

That sounds painful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You either are or you're not.
It's not that hard to understand. I'm talking about girls, RR. Young girls when I was 15 years old, you know, like 5 years ago. We have an age gap here that I sometimes forget.
My apologies.
Bongo:
http://img2.allposters.com/images/PTGPOD/OSOS...
Homosexuality is about power and control. Much, much more than heterosexuality.

Alpha males poked anything they wanted to. Macho. The poker and the pokee. That was your Greco-Roman homosexuality for the most part. Some got addicted to that power.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You wandered way off track with that one.
Here is a parable for you.
There was a good little Christian girl that became scared when those hormones started kicking in. She felt a monster within that would devour her. She would become a raging nymphomaniac at the mercy of men. She would lose control of herself.
So she turned "lesbian". Extended masturbation. She became the aggressive one out of self defense. Power and control. That is why she never tried sex with males. Fear of losing self.
So... Homosexuality Requires as Much Faith as Religion?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> What do you think would anger God more, tearing apart what He has joined or two people committing to love each other?
And why target homosexuality more than any of the other 666 sins? Kind of ironic when one is targeted it leaves 666. And when you said your state has its own problems, do you count the sins still being committed by Christians and yourself as part of that problem?
Maybe you could render an opinion on whether or not God hates. Does he love all no matter how vile , up to the point of the hell toss? Can the toss be construed as hate? Also, I think the issue with gays being targeted , in contrast to sin is sin, is that its the only sin that involves the body, as cited in scripture, but its also a movement that's trying to gain acceptance as a non sin. Is unconfessed sin, unforgiveable sin? All those other sins, a person is cognizant that its sin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> now youre really being stupid. However, take a look at craigslist and see all the sordid listings. RT claims they were born that way. Its unbelievable all the indiscriminate sex those guys are doing regularly. Theres absolutely no love there, is there? well , except for the sordid acts.
Craigslist?

Bongo.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> it seems obvious you were raped, by possibly both men and women. So much for your born that way , who I am theory.
Awwwww, Bongo.

Turn that frown upside down.

Who's my good boi?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they were acting like wild animals.
<quoted text>
No. It was here, remember?
<quoted text>
Dunno. School? TV? Not from me. I don't use that word.
<quoted text>
My telling my not not to say faggot in my house should tell you.
<quoted text>
No, I'm not you.
Mr "I'm gonna save the environment by flying all over the world and racing my cars down the streets".
<quoted text>
Neither.
My youngest son just got a 4.17 on his latest report card. They're with me almost all of the time.
Safe to say that they're not what you think.
There's no point in trying to defend yourself.

On these threads, you have expressed views that are racist, misogynist, and homophobic. You have called black kids monkeys (because they're black), you have admitted to bigotry, and you relish in demeaning women and homosexuals in your jokes.

You've also shown us that you think it's cool--makes you a real American and all that.

There's no way your kids don't know the person you are.

No way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So... Homosexuality Requires as Much Faith as Religion?
You think so?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Skombolis wrote:

<quoted text> What do you think would anger God more, tearing apart what He has joined or two people committing to love each other?..... Tearing, They were already commited to that the first time. Vows and there are scripture concerning how powerful they are,cannot be taken lightly, Like the poor bastard who sold his birthright, like Jephthah, like many others

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> dumb ass I don't hate gays but I don't approve of them and Im uncomfortable around them when they misbehave. I exhibited facts. Youre bought with a price, youre not your own. God doesn't live in temples anymore, he indwells his people. Go ahead disprove that. Leviticus too, which by the way anyone not in Christ is judged by the law.
Leave the redneck alone--you're not disagreeing with him.

You're telling him the same thing he's been telling us here all along!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 196,181 - 196,200 of217,953
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••