Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
196,161 - 196,180 of 224,422 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't like me because I'm a non-Spanish speaking person and there ain't shit he can do about it.
Of you like, but it won't help.
In his eyes, if you don't speak Spanish or aren't from the land of Hispanola, you're lesser of a person.
Your boss is from the Dominican Republic?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You can run, little girl,
Do you realize how repulsive you are with the "little girl" crap?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is there some sort of lube involved?
That sounds painful.
The comforter, and yes, dying to self is painful.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Religion shows its true colors...

http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com...

And here are a few tweets following the picture...

http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com...

That last one...the Eden / Julius Caesar tweet is just delusional.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize how repulsive you are with the "little girl" crap?
?

Do you get carnal thoughts every time you see or hear those words?

You are worthy of special attention, Catcher.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You can run, little girl, but you can never hide from yourself and your fears. You can only be afraid of what you don't know.
I'd be happy to show you what I'm afraid of, Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try a few guys you like personally, then re-evaluate what you think now.
How'd that work out for you?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can reject, replace, or incorporate as you are comfortable with.
I'll take your word for it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Let your inner monster loose until you get to know her. You have her leashed up and just chasing the girls because that is all you know.
I'm in a committed relationship, Dave. We respect each other.

Holyshit !!! It's almost like we're normal. Sometimes we hold hands in public.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is about power and control. Much, much more than heterosexuality.
Alpha males poked anything they wanted to. Macho. The poker and the pokee. That was your Greco-Roman homosexuality for the most part. Some got addicted to that power.
Don't poke me Dave.

Dibs on the band name !!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Bill Nye (yes, the science guy) is going to debate creationism v. evolution with Ken Ham. Quite a few science bloggers and scientists have been pointing out to Nye that this is a mistake.

Here is a video showing what happened in England in the late 19th century when science supporters tried debating flat-Earthers. I think it likely we can expect the same type of actions from creationists following the Nye -Ham debate.(Why do I feel that? Because it has happened over and over with creationism v. evolution debates in the past.)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Your concession is noted, your theory debunked. You are a pavlov dog, not born that way
Come on, Bongo.

It's just a game, right?

;-p
christINSANITY is EVIL

Leamington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

mtimber wrote:
Evidence for God, what forms of evidence are acceptable to an atheist?
Question for an athiest.
Do you hold to the idea that empiricism is the required method of verification?
do you know what Evidence is,..chunkyboy?

tell us

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy to show you what I'm afraid of, Dave.
<quoted text>
How'd that work out for you?
<quoted text>
I'll take your word for it.
<quoted text>
I'm in a committed relationship, Dave. We respect each other.
Holyshit !!! It's almost like we're normal. Sometimes we hold hands in public.
You are way too young and inexperienced to be committed that way.

Be careful about getting committed.

Genes find ways to be attracted to each other to make new genes. Maybe a part of the pattern of the greater universe and its consciousness. Stitching pieces to wear.

You and your girlfriend can never make a new pair of jeans from scratch.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
I'll bring Tide. He said he was fan.
Be sure to pick me up during the time of the month that I'm oscillating.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Bongo.
It's just a game, right?
;-p
I still like you, even if you do have a bigger truck than me.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no point in trying to defend yourself.
On these threads, you have expressed views that are racist, misogynist, and homophobic. You have called black kids monkeys (because they're black), you have admitted to bigotry, and you relish in demeaning women and homosexuals in your jokes.
You've also shown us that you think it's cool--makes you a real American and all that.
There's no way your kids don't know the person you are.
No way.
This from a self-absorbed person that yesterday speaks of how his worth is more than another man. And for years your bigotry towards Christians is noted. Do you ever do as you say? Ever?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I'm confident that I contribute far more to our society than you do.
Reposted in case anyone wanted to see this. Again all I can say is wow. Most of the very things you rant about in these forums starts right here. I'd bet dollars to donuts when someone beats a homeless person for fun they too share this vile thinking.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you figure Jesus would be prone to technicality?
He didn't wipe out all flesh the first time. He said this when a new covenant was made with every living creature. He was done taking that kind of direct action. As proven when He sent His only son to die for our sins instead
There will be no more judgement until Christ returns:
Matthew 13:49
So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous
Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
I am also curious why you single out gay marriage, which ironically in and of itself is not a sin. What about the 50% of Christian marriages that end in divorce despite the fact that Jesus said no man shall tear asunder what God has joined? What do you think would anger God more, tearing apart what He has joined or two people committing to love each other?
And why target homosexuality more than any of the other 666 sins? Kind of ironic when one is targeted it leaves 666. And when you said your state has its own problems, do you count the sins still being committed by Christians and yourself as part of that problem?
I don't mean this as a personal attack on you. But truthfully I don't like how it makes Christians look when people go around saying God is sending natural disasters because of gay marriage. There is nothing biblical to suggest it. I think it is a cover for how you feel personally. Even if you have convinced yourself otherwise. And i am hoping you will consider the verses to see if they really support what you think
Again, I understand they may seem like its personal against you but it really is not. It just is something that personally bothers me but as a Christian I hope using the Bible to suggest a counter-argument will bear fruit
Homosexuality is a sin. The Bible calls it an abomination. And it’s in the Bible my friend. The Word of God stands against it. We Christians are not in the business of promoting sin as if it’s perfectly alright with God. John the Baptist was beheaded because he told the King he could not marry his brothers wife.

What about the other sins? Homosexuality comes up often today because the Homosexuals in our society want to redefine marriage. Something I personally stand against. No one is trying to redefine drunkenness or theft.

“But truthfully I don't like how it makes Christians look when people go around saying God is sending natural disasters because of gay marriage. There is nothing biblical to suggest it.”

Do you remember the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? These cities were destroyed by God because of their unrighteousness. So yes it is in the Bible and the word “Sodomy,” is a direct derivative from the city of Sodom.

My rant was about California. Just connect the dots. Drought, enormous fires, earthquakes, devastated economics for State Government, prone to hurricanes, massive mudslides. It also happens to be a liberal State with Gay Marriage made legal.

The situation in California is not ever going to turn around. Unless the people of California turn away from their unrighteousness. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just keep an eye on California for the next three years and see for yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Buck...

BTW...you have been pushing originalism and that we should follow the "traditional" interpretations of the Constitution.

Under the original interpretation of the Constitution, only white land owners were allowed to vote. The land owner requirement was not removed until 1850, and it was not by an Amendment to the Constitution.

In other words, for more that 60 years it had been done that way. Then people began to realize that this wasn't the right way to do it, and things changed.

So your "they did it that way for 150 years" argument really doesn't hold water. As they say, the Constitution is a "living document".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:

Your boss is from the Dominican Republic?
He's American. Born n raised in Cali.

That's the funny part.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to pick me up during the time of the month that I'm oscillating.
Can't I just pull the string?

Oh wait. That's what I said to Mia.

Never mind.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is not about sex. Rape is not about sex.
It's about being in control of somebody weaker than you. It has nothing to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality. It is about a weak person preying on a weaker person to prove that they are finally dominant over something. It's abhorrent.
Sex is the engine. Without the irresponsible and criminal use of the engine there would be no crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What does "Atheism" mean? 35 min Patrick 22
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Patrick 388
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 9 hr richardfs 6
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 20 hr Liam R 21
Talking some sense into you people... 23 hr Cujo 27
Our world came from nothing? Mon Carchar king 243
Introducing The Universal Religion Mon Patrick 734
•••
•••