Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255965 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#204196 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a waste of gas, plus producing greenhouse gases unnecessarily.
You should be fined very heavily. You are not a good and responsible citizen.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. Funny thing, a story on climate change and recommendation to act was on the front page of the paper here. I haven't read it in years but noticed it in a store. Guess the admission that the nsa is spying on your text messages wasn't important.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#204197 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Buck.
Do you have a view as to which religion is the most stupid?
I'm thinking about joining up in one where I'll be an immediate big shot.
Of course, I'd have to give up my Holy Church of Catcher, unless it's allowable to have allegiance to more than one religion.
You don't need to do anything then. You are already in the dumbest one

:)

Safety Harbor, FL

#204198 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I've been here too long. I'm all institutionalized...
Cali does have some amazing geography, you're right. But unless you're really wealthy, living here is pretty crappy. There's so much smog, the skies are usually grayish-brown. The traffic is friggin horrible, being on the freeways is like being in a parking lot. Most people are so stuck on themselves they can't see straight. Illegals pour in from all sides to take advantage of the stingy rich people. Shootings and robberies are commonplace. Gun crime is through the roof. Taxes are out of control. House prices are still shit.
You'll have hard working people here living right next door to some section 8, HUD crack white and her thug boyfriend and both sets of people have the same living conditions.
Everything is do overpriced here, I swear that if the "Big One" ever comes and California slides into the Pacific, the Pacific will just spit it out saying "I can't afford THAT!"......
And to top it off, stupid ass Californians elected Schwarzenegger.
Schwarzenegger....
Cali sucks. Vacation somewhere else.
Yea, I laughed when he was elected. No doubt that when I was working in your area because things had just crashed and could stay in a Hilton for 50 bucks colored my view too. And your traffic is like nothing I'd ever dealt with. In fact I worked on Sundays (something we never did here) because I could cover more ground as it was the only light traffic day.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#204199 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The need for speed is one of my sins, I guess.
You will get there faster if you shift earlier.

Remarkable logic you display.

What are you driving, one of those huge mining trucks?

Get an automatic, something you can handle.

Location hidden

#204200 Jan 17, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what you mean and mean what you say. Funny thing, a story on climate change and recommendation to act was on the front page of the paper here. I haven't read it in years but noticed it in a store. Guess the admission that the nsa is spying on your text messages wasn't important.
Did you see where the head of the NSA said because they hasn't had any complaints in ten years prior it was proof that someone was doing things right. Because you can't be spied on if you don't know your being spied on!

LOL...it's amazing these people aren't on corners with a monkey an organ grinder let alone running the most covert intelligence agency in the world.

How can someone actually argue that if they didn't get caught then they didn't really do it?

Mind-boggling

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#204201 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
?

I was referring to Catcher being a selfish pig. I think you responded to the wrong post.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#204202 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/anatom ical-structure-brain-impacts-f unctioning/
This could be a profound development for repair of the Topix atheist brain.
"They found the highest agreement between structure and information flow in the “default mode network,” which is responsible for inward-focused thinking such as daydreaming."
Normal people are easily snapped out of it by external influences. Perhaps insertion of a transducer increasing the voltage required for such can help them.
You should see how drug use, especially in the developmental years, can interfere with normal brain functioning.
Yes the continuum transfunctioner , you know.... the device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power.

Safety Harbor, FL

#204203 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
?
I was referring to Catcher being a selfish pig. I think you responded to the wrong post.
No. Catcher is on record moaning about climate change. Imo if it bothered him so much he might want to cut down his time on planes as well as his speeding.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#204204 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Catcher, where you gonna move to when CA dries up?
You have too many people to recover from that drought you are having now. Big difference between the conditions now and any time in the past.
Ready for drinking water recycled from sewage? Drones spying on your jacuzzi level? Sky high water and sewer rates?
You can't recover from the damage you have already done.
That's nothing to the taxes the liberal state and local governments are larding on them.

Hope they grease 'um good.

Put the gas tax up to $15 a gallon. They vote for liberalism - make 'um feel it.

Location hidden

#204205 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Jew church?
The baptisms there are done in groups and are very diverse.

:)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#204206 Jan 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only redeeming quality of California is the beautiful weather. Well, SoCal anyway.
The rest is shit.
They can all stay if the want too but if I was them, I’d be looking for Moses and the exodus.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#204207 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>From your preachings on here.

Don't deny it.

Alleging is your stock in trade.
He didn't deny it and have you some evidence to present or just allegations?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#204208 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You alleged so many, many times, but in Topix atheist code words. It wasn't like you could say saintly, you know?
"Topix atheist code words"?

Such as? Or are you making more allegations?

Safety Harbor, FL

#204209 Jan 17, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see where the head of the NSA said because they hasn't had any complaints in ten years prior it was proof that someone was doing things right. Because you can't be spied on if you don't know your being spied on!
LOL...it's amazing these people aren't on corners with a monkey an organ grinder let alone running the most covert intelligence agency in the world.
How can someone actually argue that if they didn't get caught then they didn't really do it?
Mind-boggling
Yes. The other night I was looking for a link to give you on a general that testified last summer on it. Not since the Church hearings of the 70s have we seen our government at this level with contempt. And now technology is mind blowing.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#204210 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh shit.

Dave Nelson has deciphered The Topix Atheist code.

OK atheists, at our weekly meeting on Tuesday, somebody has to come up with a new code.

7 p.m., at the Holy Church of Catcher, right after the happy hour. Same password as last week.

In the meantime, ckteibgnwowp 45 dwwpdk.
Ten eight.

Safety Harbor, FL

#204211 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing to the taxes the liberal state and local governments are larding on them.
Hope they grease 'um good.
Put the gas tax up to $15 a gallon. They vote for liberalism - make 'um feel it.
See this? Note where Ca. is in the list.

State in the Worst Fiscal Condition Is…

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/17/st...

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#204212 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You will get there faster if you shift earlier.
Remarkable logic you display.
What are you driving, one of those huge mining trucks?
Get an automatic, something you can handle.
BMW 650ci. SMG transmission, 6-speed, automatic or manual (paddle shifting). 4.8 L V-8. Silver.

Elegant, quiet interior with Bang & Olufsen sound system.

In honor of the Redneck, I own a Mustang GT, white with red leather interior, Dynatech exhaust. Earphones optional.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#204213 Jan 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
But if you were religious, I guarantee you would choose the most stupid one.
Having something to do with infinite pastries, probably.
Yes, Buck, if I were a theist I would choose the stupidest one. Agreed. Because they are all equally stupid.:)

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#204214 Jan 17, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
?
Dave, I'm confident that I contribute far more to our society than you do.

Location hidden

#204215 Jan 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You vomit a lot of bigoted, hateful views.
Homophobic views are included in your bigotry.
Thanks for your offer to discuss some of your other bigoted views, but I'm busy focusing on your homophobia at the moment.
He really couldn't have written a more reasonable post. He thought the fliers were uncalled for and just mean. He doesn't know why people single out homosexuality and doesn't think they should. Most the stuff he says is in humor and targets all groups equally in fun.

I personally have found it somewhat amusing to see that you go for the bait every time

Although when you respond how you do to posts like these it just looks desperate and petty. Are you really that angry that you haven't been able to convince anyone else that RR is a terrible person? And do you see that as a personal failure or professional one counselor? Although in your defense you are trying to argue a pretty weak case.

And it's not like I think RR needs my support. It actually doesn't even matter to me that it is RR in these kinds of situations. It's more that the post you responded to is normally the kind of posts that allow people to understand each other better and bridges gaps. That is a good thing. Most people would never think to try to chit on that. It's not like you won't have other posts to try to convince people he is a horrible person. Maybe not targeting posts that are good exchanges to have in a civil society would be the better option for a humanist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min SoE 40,457
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 min It aint necessari... 15,996
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Into The Night 228
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 3 hr Patrick 51
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 24,071
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Patrick 4,657
A Universe from Nothing? 6 hr u196533dm 56
More from around the web