Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255504 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#203760 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Then out of respect, I'll revisit your post.
<quoted text>
I'm sure she did....
I very carefully did NOT try to indoctrinate her into any system of thought.

I did, however, try to teach her to think. Science and logic, evidence - stuff like that.

She was Wiccan Lite for a while. I had no objection.

She became atheist all on her own, and I've rarely been prouder.

Saguache, CO

#203761 Jan 16, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/showbiz/tv/happ...

CNN does a lot of these things. Entertainers then and now.

Brings back lots of memories, right?

Having mass media entertainers occupy so much of your time and memories is something new.

Think how much of your life, and thinking, was shaped by them.

Sitting in front of the tube getting instructed. Parents used to make their kids go out and play and experience real life.

Now they are second and third generation instructees of the tube.

The ability to discern between truth and programming has disappeared.

As the twig is bent, the knothead is formed.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#203762 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Then out of respect, I'll revisit your post.
<quoted text>
I'm sure she did....
How old is she, i am sorry when you say Atheist, i am not sure for real what that means. I am sure was raised well by her Father, I am also sure she was taught to be an Atheist from you.That is why i am asking does it mean what i am not a believer of the evil one called Satan, or is it you believe in the truth i do fear my faith in God. My good. This is another reason i believe faith should be taught in school. It was banned when i was in elementary school. I remember not much in life that is true, but that i remember as something that is real, I am figuring out history from My own facts and truth, like Kennedy`s and Hitler martin Luther king, anything. I am very smart about culture, and have been in relationship with a Persian for 26 years, and married to a Hispanic for 9 years

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#203763 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
When i read what people write on this sight it really makes me want to push for spiritual education, I am not even claiming to be smart but, i am no dummy! I am sure you all are very smart, only not in the truth. I myself have no faith in Government, Church community, health care and it is only the one real personal experience, in what i am sure is the Holy spirit or Ghost that i am able to keep faith. I can not say what he looks like, i can only feel. I feel peace in my soul, My head and heart are very alone and Fear not, I just want to feel peace on earth. As i know it will be in Heaven. I am praying for unity, i am 48 years old, i have never felt anything true in my life, Only this faith in God.I am not preaching, i suppose you are like many religious people on this site, searching for unity and faith. If not this sight would be gone. We should agree on that. We all believe in something.that is what he wants, Trust in Him or it.
If you can't say what he looks like, how do you know its a he?
lie2menomo

Fernley, NV

#203764 Jan 16, 2014
I never want to go back to 2008, I did not say i am not grateful for all i was shown in my life. I am movinon09 , aka lie2menomo. aka Grace4usall2014.

Location hidden

#203765 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text> How old is she, i am sorry when you say Atheist, i am not sure for real what that means. I am sure was raised well by her Father, I am also sure she was taught to be an Atheist from you.That is why i am asking does it mean what i am not a believer of the evil one called Satan, or is it you believe in the truth i do fear my faith in God. My good. This is another reason i believe faith should be taught in school. It was banned when i was in elementary school. I remember not much in life that is true, but that i remember as something that is real, I am figuring out history from My own facts and truth, like Kennedy`s and Hitler martin Luther king, anything. I am very smart about culture, and have been in relationship with a Persian for 26 years, and married to a Hispanic for 9 years
Which faith should be taught in schools?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#203766 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"A number of parishes"......
What's the number?
Why didn't you list the church's name?
400 character limit.

Here's a start.

http://accurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2013/01/annu...

For reasons I don't care to disclose, I don't want to engage in extensive discussion of the litigations.

Bongo will be very upset with the windfall to hard-working attorneys, hahaha.

Let me know what you think.

Saguache, CO

#203767 Jan 16, 2014
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Middle school sex education.

A very weak defense for such by the schools.

Read the list. Understand these are "OK". This is what people do. The school says so.

There is nothing on that poster that says a word about abstinence, not that it would matter. Kids want to be grownup, don't they?

So what stops 13 year olds from giving it a try?

The anal sex one is real interesting.

There is no agenda?

“lie2menomo”

Location hidden

#203768 Jan 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't say what he looks like, how do you know its a he?
I knew that silly question was going to be asked, Your answer is in message i wrote a few minutes ago, Just because you are like me, in need of truth. I said Him, Her or it, for people who ask questions like is Santa real.I am not easy to fool, I am!

“lie2menomo”

Location hidden

#203769 Jan 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Which faith should be taught in schools?
ALL faiths and facts. speakers like you on a personal aspect to your fact and of-course , documented truth from history. This is to be age and theorized from K-12. That well be in time for child to make adult decision, like how we are taught Government and ha to be 18 to vote. I do not vote for the same reason i do not go to church,i do believe in a place i can worship i out there, just as i believe man needs to be governed.I am just not trusting in man and yet i have faith in him. I have learned this from some truth. I do not care if you want him, i just you to care, in my faith, my truth. Who am i to deny anyone the truth i know...... NEXT!!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#203770 Jan 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-G overnment/2014/01/15/Kansas-Mi ddle-School-Says-Poster-Listin g-Sex-Acts-Part-of-Health-and- Science-Curriculum
Middle school sex education.
A very weak defense for such by the schools.
Read the list. Understand these are "OK". This is what people do. The school says so.
There is nothing on that poster that says a word about abstinence, not that it would matter. Kids want to be grownup, don't they?
So what stops 13 year olds from giving it a try?
The anal sex one is real interesting.
There is no agenda?
The poster runs counter to the claims here.

----------

According to the publisher's website, the goal of the program is:

...to empower young adolescents to change their behavior in ways that will reduce their risk of pregnancy and HIV or other STD infection. Specifically, this curriculum emphasizes that young adolescents should postpone sexual activity and that practicing abstinence is the only way to eliminate the risk for pregnancy and STDs, including HIV.

----------

Sounds like they got busted and are now attempting to put a happy face on it. Inexcusably stupid. Anal sex avoids pregnancy and is a sign of affection?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

San Francisco

#203771 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text> ALL faiths and facts. speakers like you on a personal aspect to your fact and of-course , documented truth from history. This is to be age and theorized from K-12. That well be in time for child to make adult decision, like how we are taught Government and ha to be 18 to vote. I do not vote for the same reason i do not go to church,i do believe in a place i can worship i out there, just as i believe man needs to be governed.I am just not trusting in man and yet i have faith in him. I have learned this from some truth. I do not care if you want him, i just you to care, in my faith, my truth. Who am i to deny anyone the truth i know...... NEXT!!!!!
Are all faiths equivalently true? How can that be, when they often contradict each other?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203772 Jan 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I very carefully did NOT try to indoctrinate her into any system of thought.
I did, however, try to teach her to think. Science and logic, evidence - stuff like that.
She was Wiccan Lite for a while. I had no objection.
She became atheist all on her own, and I've rarely been prouder.
Your use of "stuff like that" and "rarely been prouder" makes your claim that you didn't indoctrinate her highly dubious.

Location hidden

#203773 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text> I knew that silly question was going to be asked, Your answer is in message i wrote a few minutes ago, Just because you are like me, in need of truth. I said Him, Her or it, for people who ask questions like is Santa real.I am not easy to fool, I am!
So you are easy to fool?

Location hidden

#203774 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text> ALL faiths and facts. speakers like you on a personal aspect to your fact and of-course , documented truth from history. This is to be age and theorized from K-12. That well be in time for child to make adult decision, like how we are taught Government and ha to be 18 to vote. I do not vote for the same reason i do not go to church,i do believe in a place i can worship i out there, just as i believe man needs to be governed.I am just not trusting in man and yet i have faith in him. I have learned this from some truth. I do not care if you want him, i just you to care, in my faith, my truth. Who am i to deny anyone the truth i know...... NEXT!!!!!
"ALL faiths and facts. speakers like you on a personal aspect to your fact and of-course , documented truth from history."

Dude..WTF?

Location hidden

#203775 Jan 16, 2014
movinon09 wrote:
If we teach all faiths, we're going to need a much, much longer school day...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#203776 Jan 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/ showbiz/tv/happy-days-gallery/ index.html?hpt=hp_c4
CNN does a lot of these things. Entertainers then and now.
Brings back lots of memories, right?
Having mass media entertainers occupy so much of your time and memories is something new.
Think how much of your life, and thinking, was shaped by them.
Sitting in front of the tube getting instructed. Parents used to make their kids go out and play and experience real life.
Now they are second and third generation instructees of the tube.
The ability to discern between truth and programming has disappeared.
As the twig is bent, the knothead is formed.
Speaking of it here comes some fresh propaganda on you guessed it our 2nd amendment to the constitution.

“I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said.“I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

Weinstein said the movie was a feature length motion picture “like a ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’” and that when people left his movie, they would be thinking:“Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn.”

Weinstein said he does not own a firearm.

“I don’t think we need guns in this country”
Harvey Weinstein

Wonder if this joker knows who is in the nra? Bring it on. Think I'll join and I don't even own a gun but enough is enough with this bs.

Fremont, CA

#203777 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of "stuff like that" and "rarely been prouder" makes your claim that you didn't indoctrinate her highly dubious.
My experience with my son is very similar to mac's with his daughter. Of course, my son has known that I don't believe in the supernatural, but I never did anything purposely to "indoctrinate" him, or to give him the impression his views should mirror mine.

I always stressed the importance of being a critical thinker. Watching your "progress" here makes me very, very proud and satisfied that, unlike you, he doesn't face a "learning curve" as an adult.

BTW, have you had an opportunity to look over the material I posted (website) on the Episcopal Church litigation? You have been strangely silent on it.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#203778 Jan 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I, Catcher, am not evil.
I wasn't born evil, and I haven't become evil.
I know me well.
"Thank God you and your wife don't have children" Your words of evil towards people you can't stand. Good luck with that counselor.

Fremont, CA

#203779 Jan 16, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of it here comes some fresh propaganda on you guessed it our 2nd amendment to the constitution.
“I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said.“I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”
Weinstein said the movie was a feature length motion picture “like a ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’” and that when people left his movie, they would be thinking:“Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn.”
Weinstein said he does not own a firearm.
“I don’t think we need guns in this country”
Harvey Weinstein
Wonder if this joker knows who is in the nra? Bring it on. Think I'll join and I don't even own a gun but enough is enough with this bs.
Woe are you and your misanthropy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min renee 34,740
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 16 min Thinking 4,482
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 1 hr emperorjohn 133
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Thinking 14,911
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 20,054
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 1 hr Thinking 139
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 2 hr emperorjohn 189
More from around the web