Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255535 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203617 Jan 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>He’s a self proclaimed CINO so do you expect him to be truthful?

If his name disappears he’ll just use a different alias, it’s a common occurrence
Yeah, it will be funny.

No, I never expect truth from religious people, they're shifty.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203618 Jan 16, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>And trillions wasted and all the aggravation on air travel and homeland security ridiculousness.
***All posts from the drongo are irrelevant because it said it would leave topix.

I'm sure it will leave any moment now but advise against holding one's breath.***

Since: Sep 08

Saguache, CO

#203619 Jan 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Sunny and 82 degrees here today--on the sand (water about 66 degrees F).
Beautiful full moon and starry sky tonight.
A little windy (Santa Ana winds, from the desert), but it made the tall palm trees look especially majestic.
We did have an earthquake (4.4), but it was at 1:35 a.m. so many of us slept through it and we didn't get stressed out.
Not too shabby.
I was in a 5.3 once that rolled for about 2 minutes. Was at 2:08 AM. I remember it well as I was reaching to windup the cuckoo clock on an earthquake column when the first wave almost knocked me to the floor. Then a bright flash of light. First thought was it a nuke going off. Four floors up and I was moving about 2-3 foot without taking a step. That continued for the duration.

Had never been in one before. My wife was Japanese and had. I ran back to the bedroom and she was holding onto my son with the bed moving like crazy, looking terrified. She hollered to me to grab my son and get out of the building. I did and ran down 4 flights of swaying stairways, noticing some large cracks in the elevator shaft on the way down opening up from the swaying. Just as I reached the bottom it stopped. This was an 8 story building in a few blocks of 8 story buildings jammed together. A canyon of 8 story buildings for a ways. There was a large glass door in the lobby I was looking out when I got to the bottom, in that dead silence and dark. And a thought came to me. Why am I running out into that canyon of tall buildings with my son in my arms to escape an earthquake? There were signs, balconies, plants, and all sorts of things besides buildings to fall on your head out there. There was kinda no place to really run to. Certain understandings of the reality of things occur to you at moments such as those. There is nothing that can emphasize just how man is insignificant in the greater scheme of things when his entire world is rocking and rolling about him and can crashing down on his head. Being good at dodging and ducking is not much of a guarantee of surviving. Being able to fly above it would be good. Such times the thought of suing for damages and The Law of mankind righting wrongs kinda doesn't enter your mind.

I was up so late because I was working a swing shift earlier. Most everyone else was sleeping when it hit. They missed the good parts while being roused from that sleep.

However, since it was an earthquake zone, the building codes prevented a real catastrophe.

Some planning saved a lot of lives.

That earthquake was nine times what you had, and was still considered a lightweight, though a longish one. A 6.3 would be ten times stronger. A 4.4 might disturb your slumber, a 6.4 will ruin your evening.

Your death will be like that earthquake. Your world as you know it will be turned upside down. Doesn't hurt to plan for it.

Get right with God, Catcher. You ain't gonna fly without one.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#203620 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you miss prison bucky duck?
***see kids? christians will hit you if you say something they don't like and this one probably has wet dreams about killing people, speak your mind anyway, they're not above the law***
I'm not a christian.

I have been known to hit people, particularly when they stick their noses into my business and meddle, or make it their business to tell me what to do.

Maybe you should stop encouraging your kids to do that.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#203621 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I'll entertain believing you, demonstrate how Aryanism and focused racism is a Christian principal.
You want personal expense, everyday internet stories or the babble?

Please note that the UN defined racism as “any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin”

So try Deuteronomy 7 which does not tell the Israelites to go live in peace with other ethnic groups living in the promised land? Nope it tells them to smite them.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203622 Jan 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Your post-natal amnesia is no reason for me to accept your attempts to modify my behavior.

Or your attempts to mutilate demonstrable reality.
lmfao

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203623 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Christianity is still flourishing today .....
So is cancer.

Point taken.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#203624 Jan 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I'm sure the Christians are proud of "christards" too.
I am sure they are by you never hear of christard magic do you? Why I this? Could it be because the Hebrews cornered the market and the christards had to copy the Jewish god book

Location hidden

#203625 Jan 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, I have nothing to say about Goebbels, but of course that does not stop you trying to introduce irrelevancies does it?
I base my knowledge on FACT. not babble best excuses and chicken sh|t sloping shoulders. The belt buckle is just one of many thousands of such pointers but free to lie if it makes you feel better about your lies
Tell me were you not the one who said FGM was bad because it was a Muslim practice (despite being shown evidence that is was cultural and practice by christianity too) and that MGM was ok because Jews did it (despite the fact that it’s a Muslim practice too)
Re-state that in non-gibberish and I might think about it.

Location hidden

#203626 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have also been around much much longer than you silly christians what call us demons and witches, amongst other many "scary" inventions.
Yet christians do most of the killing.
Pathetic.
The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the hands of atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheist killing is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed,

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#203627 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Atheists are third now. Isn't that awesome?!
Well if you were to consider all the atheist dogs, whales, jackasses and bacteria.... You guys way outnumber us.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203628 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have also been around much much longer than you silly christians what call us demons and witches, amongst other many "scary" inventions.
Yet christians do most of the killing.
Pathetic.
Have I ever called you a demon or a witch?!

Oh, and atheists have done more killing than Christians, you already know that.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203629 Jan 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a 5.3 once that rolled for about 2 minutes. Was at 2:08 AM. I remember it well as I was reaching to windup the cuckoo clock on an earthquake column when the first wave almost knocked me to the floor. Then a bright flash of light. First thought was it a nuke going off. Four floors up and I was moving about 2-3 foot without taking a step. That continued for the duration.

Had never been in one before. My wife was Japanese and had. I ran back to the bedroom and she was holding onto my son with the bed moving like crazy, looking terrified. She hollered to me to grab my son and get out of the building. I did and ran down 4 flights of swaying stairways, noticing some large cracks in the elevator shaft on the way down opening up from the swaying. Just as I reached the bottom it stopped. This was an 8 story building in a few blocks of 8 story buildings jammed together. A canyon of 8 story buildings for a ways. There was a large glass door in the lobby I was looking out when I got to the bottom, in that dead silence and dark. And a thought came to me. Why am I running out into that canyon of tall buildings with my son in my arms to escape an earthquake? There were signs, balconies, plants, and all sorts of things besides buildings to fall on your head out there. There was kinda no place to really run to. Certain understandings of the reality of things occur to you at moments such as those. There is nothing that can emphasize just how man is insignificant in the greater scheme of things when his entire world is rocking and rolling about him and can crashing down on his head. Being good at dodging and ducking is not much of a guarantee of surviving. Being able to fly above it would be good. Such times the thought of suing for damages and The Law of mankind righting wrongs kinda doesn't enter your mind.

I was up so late because I was working a swing shift earlier. Most everyone else was sleeping when it hit. They missed the good parts while being roused from that sleep.

However, since it was an earthquake zone, the building codes prevented a real catastrophe.

Some planning saved a lot of lives.

That earthquake was nine times what you had, and was still considered a lightweight, though a longish one. A 6.3 would be ten times stronger. A 4.4 might disturb your slumber, a 6.4 will ruin your evening.

Your death will be like that earthquake. Your world as you know it will be turned upside down. Doesn't hurt to plan for it.

Get right with God, Catcher. You ain't gonna fly without one.
Do you have any nieces and or nephews?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203630 Jan 16, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
Your post-natal amnesia is no reason for me to accept your attempts to modify my behavior.
Or your attempts to mutilate demonstrable reality.
Curious.

In what way do you think I'm attempting to modify your behavior?

Location hidden

#203631 Jan 16, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure they are by you never hear of christard magic do you? Why I this? Could it be because the Hebrews cornered the market and the christards had to copy the Jewish god book
Don't say "Jewish god book".

Say "Jew god book".

That matches your bigotry better.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203632 Jan 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Have you seen Ironman 3?
Yes.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#203633 Jan 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a christian.......
When ou walk like a duck, sound like a duck ad talk like a duck; be very afraid when you go outside during duck season.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#203634 Jan 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Before I'll entertain believing you, demonstrate how Aryanism and focused racism is a Christian principal.
ChristineM wrote:
You want personal expense, everyday internet stories or the babble?
Please note that the UN defined racism as “any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin”
So try Deuteronomy 7 which does not tell the Israelites to go live in peace with other ethnic groups living in the promised land? Nope it tells them to smite them.
Uh-huh....

I ask for a Christian principal and you fire back with a definition of racism and a Jewish example.

I'll ask you again, demonstrate how Aryanism and focused racism is a Christian principal.

Get that done, then we can discuss your belief...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203635 Jan 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a christian.

I have been known to hit people, particularly when they stick their noses into my business and meddle, or make it their business to tell me what to do.

Maybe you should stop encouraging your kids to do that.
Oh my kids can take a hit, whoever does it should hope to either knock them out or that he can run very fast, like the roadrunner maybe.

I will never discourage my sons from either thinking for themselves or speaking their minds.

I sincerely hope that you are not allowed near children.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#203636 Jan 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the hands of atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheist killing is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed,
***godbot malfunction***

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 min Uncle Sam 14,968
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min renee 35,437
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 34 min ChristineM 23,874
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 51 min NightSerf 4,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr woodtick57 20,177
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 3 hr thetruth 42
News a€‹GORMAN: Science is a religion 7 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web