Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#202110 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply here.
The group that wants the statue of Satan isn't Congress....
Darwins Stepchild wrote:

Uh...right...uh...because satanists don't have freedom of speech or freedom of religion.'Casue that stuff is only for Christians.[/sarcasm]
That isn't what I said.

Don't try again.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202111 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Okay, let me try with any adult atheists. Any out there with a reasoned response???
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> You've not established any of your above claims as even remotely plausible.
You could just as easily say that time travelling Mole people from inner earth were in contact with the early Jews and the Moses experienced burns from lava powered craft and glowed.
Honey, it's time for the adults. Go play video games, you clearly are out of your league.

SMirk.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202112 Jan 12, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, the examples you give require nothing more than simple algebra. The tools of calculus solve more difficult questions. For example, ask how fast a tsunami will move, how high it will get, how much energy will it have when it reaches shore. Those questions you would need calculus to answer. Or you have an irregular shape, one not found in standard geometry. What would its volume be? You would need calculus to find the answer.
Or, going back to the roots of calculus, how do you answer questions about motion? The answer again is calculus. There is a reason Newton invented it. Newton's physics can't be done without it. Look at the motion of any object. Set up its initial conditions. What you get is something called a differential equation. And to solve differential equations you need calculus.
Sad little uneducated Dave. He wants to talk physics. But to a physicist Dave only talks in baby talk. Because Dave doesn't know the math that is the REAL language of physics. Go ahead, Dave, and try to talk about waves in EM...without the wave equation from Diff Eq...without calculus to solve that differential equation.
Without calculus one is stuck at the high school level of physics, able to write down a few of the basic equations, but unable to derive any of them. Even the first semester of the first physics course in college requires calculus. Do you happen to recall the formula for the distance traveled in time t if you have a constant acceleration a? The formula is 1/2 at^2 + v0t. Do you know where that formula comes from? It is derived from integral calculus, since acceleration is the second derivative of position.
Try this Dave...launch a space probe to Jupiter and navigate it between worlds using your ad hoc methods. Most likely, you would never get there. The constant course corrections you would be having to make would use up all your fuel before a tiny fraction of the trip was completed.
Now use my math to plan the path ahead of time. You get the optimal launch date. You get the optimal velocity. You use minimal fuel, making minimal course corrections. You actually arrive at Jupiter and are able to do real science...instead of tumbling off lost in space.
Dave, you too are a funny little guy, but also a very sad case.
"Your" math?

You are missing a point I was making. You don't have the ability to plot something like that in spite of your math skills. You maybe could be a flunky to crunch some numbers given by you that are capable of marrying math and reality to a reach a goal. But even those always require tweaking along the way.

You are a trained monkey can't think past the tricks you were taught.

Does that clarify what I was getting at?

Romans built aqueducts, Egyptians and other monumental structures with a lot less complicated math. That are still standing and even working in some instances. That simple geometry and an understanding of physics.

Don't you dare claim "your" math is responsible for all modern technology. Those are all derivatives of technologies and experiments going a long ways back.

Thomas Edison said he found 10,000 ways something didn't work. Intuition and experimentation is how man gets things done. Math in the right hands helps. You are just a worshipper of math scripture. A pew warmer.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#202113 Jan 12, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever been about the win against the Russians' biggest ace. That is known as General Winter.
Except the Mongolians in the 13C, because they too were used to the cold.
*able to win

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202114 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
LOL, Are you playing dumb, or was it for real? As a matter of fact, there is a type of radiation that does cause glowing. But who knows what kind of radiation we are talking about, since it is emanating from an extra terrestrial being. And you conveniently avoided addressing the multiple types of shielding required for even a partial viewing. Or that the affects were repeated every time Moses went into the presence of the Alien. Oh, and don't forget that the Alien hovered over the Israelites, and fire was noted at night. Of course, you need to give a little grace since the writer hardly had our understanding or experience to even begin describing what he was witnessing. But frankly, I'm seeing some pretty serious science that we have yet to catch up with... Put all that with the fact that everything the Alien promised happened, and we have some freaky incredible predictions! I do appreciate your effort, but seriously, you really need to do better than that... Smile. Oh, you should read Leviticus 15. It gives the fundamentals on protecting from germs. Took science a while to catch up, didn't it?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanted to know what I thought of your claim about radiation and aliens in relation to various bible verses, and I told you. It's wrong. All I saw was an overactive imagination powered by the will to believe.
It's interesting that you use biblical science as evidence for its supernatural origin. Very few of you do. The bible is not a good resource for anything, but it is worse at science than it is at prophecy, history, ethics and life advice. The Creation myth got only one detail correct: the universe appears to have had a beginning. There is nothing else in it that is right.
Then there are the multiple scientific errors about rabbits chewing cud and bats being birds.
Have you seen the biblical treatment for leprosy?
Wow you avoid addressing the issues I bring up and shift the focus with a lot of troll bluster thrown in...

You know what that says about your position???

Now, if you want to play with the adults, respond specifically to the points.

Oh, you are right, the Big Bang is noted in the first verses, but you forgot the facts that life formed out of the earth, and that human life at it's earliest roots was genderless. Just as Adam is portrayed. By the way, if the sun and moon were not set until the fourth day, how long were the days? I'd say they'd have to be the alien days of the Creator. Spoken of as being thousands of years in another passage...

Smile.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202115 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, your own site noted that there is a type of radiation that causes glowing. I noted that we are talking about an unknown Alien radiation.
Not to mention that you ignore all the other indications of a radiation type danger.
I use the term 'Alien' because it is a scientific term for an extra-terrestrial being that even the source claims.
You have only proved me right so far.
SMile.
Radiation covers the whole spectrum of light. The glow could have been caused by a frequency that elevated the base current in the body or skin by EM induction, resulting in a luminescence, but insufficient to kill. However, it could have caused blindness if the optic nerves received it full strength. That would have been counterproductive if he had to chisel stone.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#202116 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede that Christians murdered more than 6 million Jews during WWII.
About frikkin time!
What killed the Jews in Europe during WWII was intolerant and bigoted Nazi party members that esteemed itself as superior to the Jewish race.

This same kind of intolerance I see in people like yourself. Your ill attempt to twist history in your favor makes you look no different than Nazi Germany.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202117 Jan 12, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there are the multiple scientific errors about rabbits chewing cud and bats being birds.
Have you seen the biblical treatment for leprosy?
LOL, atheist site twirl. The Hebrew confirms no such conclusion.

However, it's not what we don't understand or disagree about that creates a problem. It is the things like germs that I noted, or radiation, or even the command to not eat shell fish that create a situation you must explain to brush aside the Bible.

Leviticus 14 describes the treatment for leprosy. Have you read it?

Smile.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202118 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiation covers the whole spectrum of light. The glow could have been caused by a frequency that elevated the base current in the body or skin by EM induction, resulting in a luminescence, but insufficient to kill. However, it could have caused blindness if the optic nerves received it full strength. That would have been counterproductive if he had to chisel stone.
Speaking of luminescence. You can google luminescent skin. Google electroluminescence, too.

Glowing skin exists naturally to a noticeable degree, though not as being pictured here. However, Egyptians were quite fond of cosmetics to protect against the elements. This would have also applied to their ex-slaves and ex-princes. Maybe Moses had some makeup on that was electroluminescent.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202119 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiation covers the whole spectrum of light. The glow could have been caused by a frequency that elevated the base current in the body or skin by EM induction, resulting in a luminescence, but insufficient to kill. However, it could have caused blindness if the optic nerves received it full strength. That would have been counterproductive if he had to chisel stone.
That would have mean't a sloppy Alien. Look what we would have missed!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202120 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of luminescence. You can google luminescent skin. Google electroluminescence, too.
Glowing skin exists naturally to a noticeable degree, though not as being pictured here. However, Egyptians were quite fond of cosmetics to protect against the elements. This would have also applied to their ex-slaves and ex-princes. Maybe Moses had some makeup on that was electroluminescent.
When I was a boy, I collected the tails of fireflys and wiped them on my face. My younger brother was at the bathroom door demanding to know what I was doing. He did a running scream without moving when I opened the door...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#202121 Jan 12, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede that Christians murdered more than 6 million Jews during WWII.
About frikkin time!
Since you are a Wallaby from down under. And a very poor student in world history. The Jews were unarmed as a people prior to their slaughter by the Nazi’s. Here in the United States we as a people are allowed to keep and bear arms against any threat foreign or domestic.

We take our freedom pretty serious. Our military Soldiers/Navy during WWII went into the Pacific war to protect your country from being slaughtered by the superior Japanese forces.

My country did that and your beautiful but sparsely populated country wouldn’t been able to hold Japan back. We paid for you freedom with our blood. Most of which was Christian/Judeo blood.

And you cocky bast*rds are talking down our right to be free and worship God as we please. We paid for your freedom as well as Europe’s. The least you could do is tell the truth about what is already written in history.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202122 Jan 12, 2014
Back to EM induction and magnetism, primarily on the cosmic scale before I forget about it.

We will work locally, sun earth connection.

Magnetosphere generated by Earth. Not wildly varying, but does fluctuate in strength, and frequency.

The sun has regions and an overall that shifts periodically and can vary in strength wildly at times. Sun spots and their thingies.

That one interacts with the Earth's. Not just a magnetic field effect like you see between two hanging magnets, but intertwining loops that come and go, in addition to varying waves from the sun that induce electrical currents in the Earth and its atmosphere which then induce magnetic fields around them. Which then will be added to that base magnetic field. This can increase the attraction and repulsion values between the two bodies. Feedback causing variations.

This is not speculation, these are hard physical phenomenon that HAVE to happen. There is not the statism you hear about.

But you never hear about such things.

Anyhow, we are all caught in the middle of that crap.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202123 Jan 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a boy, I collected the tails of fireflys and wiped them on my face. My younger brother was at the bathroom door demanding to know what I was doing. He did a running scream without moving when I opened the door...
LOL!

I caught them but always let them go. Never tried that.

But back to Moses. Just like going out into the sun, he could have put on makeup on before those session. All he needed to shine was some in the pores.

There are theatrical makeups that are designed to glow.

But it could have been his own chemistry being affected.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#202124 Jan 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What killed the Jews in Europe during WWII was intolerant and bigoted Nazi party members that esteemed itself as superior to the Jewish race.
This same kind of intolerance I see in people like yourself. Your ill attempt to twist history in your favor makes you look no different than Nazi Germany.
True words. Now he will lie and say you are a bigot and full of intolerance. Its what he does.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#202125 Jan 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a Wallaby from down under. And a very poor student in world history. The Jews were unarmed as a people prior to their slaughter by the Nazi’s. Here in the United States we as a people are allowed to keep and bear arms against any threat foreign or domestic.
We take our freedom pretty serious. Our military Soldiers/Navy during WWII went into the Pacific war to protect your country from being slaughtered by the superior Japanese forces.
My country did that and your beautiful but sparsely populated country wouldn’t been able to hold Japan back. We paid for you freedom with our blood. Most of which was Christian/Judeo blood.
And you cocky bast*rds are talking down our right to be free and worship God as we please. We paid for your freedom as well as Europe’s. The least you could do is tell the truth about what is already written in history.
I'm pretty sure he's from Pennsylvania but nice rant.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202126 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I caught them but always let them go. Never tried that.
But back to Moses. Just like going out into the sun, he could have put on makeup on before those session. All he needed to shine was some in the pores.
There are theatrical makeups that are designed to glow.
But it could have been his own chemistry being affected.
Lot's of possibilities, but the combination of events is simply profound. The results, more so.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#202127 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WWII German "veterans", huh?
Lol, ok.
Who are they? List some names.
Most of the male population of Germany born before 1931.

Just when I think you can't be a bigger douche bag you surprise me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#202128 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply here.
The group that wants the statue of Satan isn't Congress....
<quoted text>
That isn't what I said.
Don't try again.
Poor Riverside Retard caught in a lie once again.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#202129 Jan 12, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True words. Now he will lie and say you are a bigot and full of intolerance. Its what he does.
Only because it is true.

How do you know a Topix Christian is lying ?

Their fingers are typing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Into The Night 81,613
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 38 min Eagle 12 - 33,018
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 6 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web