Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#202069 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher, you know long ago I voiced a suspicion based upon your online persona and performance coupled with experience and intuition that you are actually some uber liberal California dowager play acting. Your expressed thought and communicative processes are not commensurate with your claimed profession and skill level.
When are you going to fess up?
Admit it, you are a celebrity actress who sells stuff on QVC nowadays.
Busted!!

I knew you were a modern Sherlock Holmes.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202070 Jan 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's professorial.
Bwaha.
Dogpile could have been an adjunct professor.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202071 Jan 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfettered sex?
Is there some other kind?
Im pretty sure HL likes it fettered. With unbridled enthusiasm, of course.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#202072 Jan 12, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im pretty sure HL likes it fettered. With unbridled enthusiasm, of course.
Sometimes an unfettered imagination will result in physical restraints.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202073 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very nice.
But what he said is that there's no evidence of a god.
If you depose the witnesses they will all say God is real. If its a hoax, why hasn't something been done about it?.......to wit.....Then he addressed the Sanhedrin:“Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#202074 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Busted!!
I knew you were a modern Sherlock Holmes.
You can't be Joan Rivers, she is too sharp to play that dumb. Suzanne Somers? I don't pick that up, either.

Maybe you are just some Hollywood producer's wife, or ex-wife.

Botoxed?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#202075 Jan 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Unfettered sex?
Is there some other kind?
Restrained.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#202076 Jan 12, 2014
In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.

Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202077 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
A Higgs boson walks into a Catholic church.
The priest says, "We don't allow Higgs bosons here."
And the Higgs boson says, "But without me, there is no mass."
Another one from Tyson.
Tyson? Im pretty sure Roberto Duran said no mas.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202078 Jan 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes an unfettered imagination will result in physical restraints.
Youre so fapulous.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202079 Jan 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If we rely on present evidence, it is highly unlikely. I would say extremely unlikely.
Scientists have not been able to cause it to occur even under highly managed conditions, nor has it been observed in the history of human record keeping.
Why hasn't abiogenisis happened many times resulting in all kinds of bizarre or different forms?
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202080 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be Joan Rivers, she is too sharp to play that dumb. Suzanne Somers? I don't pick that up, either.
Maybe you are just some Hollywood producer's wife, or ex-wife.
Botoxed?
is Phyliss Diller still alive?

La Veta, CO

#202081 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
In a controversial decision, the Oklahoma government authorized a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds. The Satanic Temple has now submitted an application to place a seven-foot statue of Satan (depicted as goat-headed, with wings and horns) on the Capitol grounds. The applicants explain that the monument is intended to be a historical marker celebrating the scapegoats, marginalized and demonized minorities, and a symbol of religious freedom.
Who thinks both monuments should be permitted, and why? Who thinks neither should be permitted? Who thinks one should be allowed, and the other not, and why?
It is not a religious monument, it is a political statement as explained by the applicants. There will have to be issues resolved about freedom of expression and suitability of the venue for that expression. As a political statement, and not a religious expression it may be restricted to areas set aside for demonstrations.

The Ten Commandments are moral codes already ingrained in our culture and adapted even in secular humanism, so is not necessarily religious, per se. You do claim morality can be had without religion.

They should have gone the public art route.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#202082 Jan 12, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
The Satanists just want to troll around and cause trouble. They don't really want a statue of Satan.

I say vote on it.

La Veta, CO

#202083 Jan 12, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> is Phyliss Diller still alive?
She died August 20, 2012. I liked her and Joan Rivers.

Catcher couldn't be her for the same reason he couldn't be Joan, notwithstanding the existential issue.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#202085 Jan 12, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> is Phyliss Diller still alive?
Who?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#202086 Jan 12, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Satanists just want to troll around and cause trouble. They don't really want a statue of Satan.
I say vote on it.
I don't think you can vote on the 1st Amendment.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#202087 Jan 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
I don't think you can vote on the 1st Amendment.
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply here.

The group that wants the statue of Satan isn't Congress....
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#202088 Jan 12, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a religious monument, it is a political statement as explained by the applicants. There will have to be issues resolved about freedom of expression and suitability of the venue for that expression. As a political statement, and not a religious expression it may be restricted to areas set aside for demonstrations.
The Ten Commandments are moral codes already ingrained in our culture and adapted even in secular humanism, so is not necessarily religious, per se. You do claim morality can be had without religion.
They should have gone the public art route.

The nation’s largest police union is blasting President Obama for choosing an attorney who defended a cop murderer—and member of the radical Black Panthers—to head a key division at the Justice Department, the agency responsible for enforcing the law and defending the interests of the United States.

Obama’s nominee to be Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice (DOJ), Debo Adegbile, spent more than a decade in various leadership positions—including director—at the Legal Defense and Education Fund of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). During Adegbile’s leadership the NAACP volunteered its services to represent Mumia Abu-Jamal, a member of the Black Panthers who murdered a police officer (Daniel Faulkner) in Philadelphia three decades ago.

Abu-Jamal was sentenced to death by the jury that convicted him in 1982 and his supporters—including the man who could soon be an Assistant Attorney General—have long claimed that he was the victim of a racist legal system. Nevertheless, Abu-Jamal has lost multiple appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court has twice rejected his case. In 2012, under the leadership of Adegbile, the NAACP’s Legal Defense and Education Fund represented Abu-Jamal in his latest appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The cop murderer lost that one too, but the fact remains that Adegbile continues fighting on his behalf.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#202089 Jan 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and the Nazis used religious phrases for propaganda.
You are wrong, and you are an idiot.
Let's hear some more evidence against Barton. So far, you are batting zero, and Barton is batting 1000.
Oh, here is the link to the New York Times article highlighting the legally documented proof, compiled by government sources, that the Nazis planned to eradicate christianity.
Since I'm not their to rub your face in it, I will have to "visualize" it. You know, like Dave mentioned about visualizing something as infinite, then you lied about what he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/weekinrevie...
Work presented by a nutbag that was written by a nutbag!

Another words NUTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min Science 81,551
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 55 min Science 32,953
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web