Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247348 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#200560 Jan 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
I was right, you ARE batshit crazy!!!
Lnc

United States

#200561 Jan 8, 2014
Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, Jews and Muslims

all fought for the NATO forces in Afghanistan

and UK and US forces in Iraq.

We can respect them by finding common causes to help mankind.

We have more in common than our differences.

The world needspeople committed to helping the poor and powerless.

Money for AIDS research would be a good start.and feeding poor

people out of work another
-

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#200562 Jan 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
'more natural'? It is or it isn't. Both are. Idiot.
What happened to your promised gifts of the spirit? You were supposed to get, "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" in exchange for your faith. That promise came from the same source as the promise of eternal life in heaven. Does that concern you at all? You have thousands of hours praying, reading your bible and sitting in churches, and tens of thousands of dollars invested in that promise.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#200563 Jan 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, by it's very definition is unprovable.
You think you are being clever, instead, you are an
Idiot.
Faith is in fact gullibility, believing in something without evidence. Faith is the permission theists give to each other to support their unproven beliefs. Faith is NOT a pathway to truth, Faith IS gullibility.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#200564 Jan 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you said.
You said the religions under discussion condone those things.
You were lying. Now, you lie again.
I said you were a joke. I was right.
Oh sorry you misunderstood after I have now written it down 5 times in 24 hours. I will repeat for the hard of thinking (that’s you, just in case you did not comprehend that either)

The babble condones genocide, child murder, child abuse, rape, slavery, terrorism, torture etc,

It seems that you are unaware of the content of the babble or like so many godbots you are particularly selective in what you want to read

Jeezuz fooking christ on a crutch, the good books lays the blame for genocide (deliberate world flood) rape (of mary to produce a son) and child murder (firstborn of Egyptians) squarely at your gods feet. Hell, a whole religion is based on his rape. Your god is described as giving the command for or condoning misogyny, abuse, slavery, terrorism and torture.

Read the book properly before talking BS

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#200565 Jan 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Jim is Septic?
And Toxic. He is toxic waste.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#200566 Jan 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The particle I was referring to was the BB thingy.
But you bring up an interesting example of transformation versus destruction. On a personal level. Yes, you shed millions a day in maintaining your relative form. You also absorb to do that.
But the really interesting example is you gave up two batches of millions of particles after absorbing others and have two separate lives, though still connected on an ethereal level, you are now responsible for.
Trees grow the same way.
<quoted text>
Your children, lovemuffin.
They are extensions of yourself.
My dearest stale and mouldy bread crumb

My children are not a particle, the are a collection of billions of particles, they are of their fathers and my dna but are (and this is the key word here)“independent” entities.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#200567 Jan 8, 2014
Lnc wrote:
Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, Jews and Muslims
all fought for the NATO forces in Afghanistan
and UK and US forces in Iraq.
We can respect them by finding common causes to help mankind.
We have more in common than our differences.
The world needspeople committed to helping the poor and powerless.
Money for AIDS research would be a good start.and feeding poor
people out of work another
-
The world needs minds that can transcend self interest and restructure human social structure. What we have now is cobbled together from pieces. Man started out as an extended family, each filling a role for the survival of all.

But those minds will not come from academia.
king

Los Angeles, CA

#200568 Jan 8, 2014
red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h

red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h red nex o n m e t h

Westcliffe, CO

#200569 Jan 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry you misunderstood after I have now written it down 5 times in 24 hours. I will repeat for the hard of thinking (that’s you, just in case you did not comprehend that either)
The babble condones genocide, child murder, child abuse, rape, slavery, terrorism, torture etc,
It seems that you are unaware of the content of the babble or like so many godbots you are particularly selective in what you want to read
Jeezuz fooking christ on a crutch, the good books lays the blame for genocide (deliberate world flood) rape (of mary to produce a son) and child murder (firstborn of Egyptians) squarely at your gods feet. Hell, a whole religion is based on his rape. Your god is described as giving the command for or condoning misogyny, abuse, slavery, terrorism and torture.
Read the book properly before talking BS
Joseph Stalin did much the same thing in creating a world in his image.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#200570 Jan 8, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
I was once touring an Illinois strip mine with a biologist. At one point we were parked across from the strip face, the edge of the mine operation, which left basically a cross-sectional wall 80-100 feet high. One could see the various strata starting from the top-soil on down through various layers - basically "going back thru time". I pointed to a limestone layer and said, "There's an ancient inundation. I wonder how many thousands of years ago that was laid down?"
The biologist, who also happened to be Xtian, looked at me and said, "Well, it couldn't be more than 6000 years ago."
I looked at him, at a loss for words, and drove on.
This is how religion corrupts rational thought and fact-based inquiry.
Trip out.

Westcliffe, CO

#200571 Jan 8, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Faith is in fact gullibility, believing in something without evidence. Faith is the permission theists give to each other to support their unproven beliefs. Faith is NOT a pathway to truth, Faith IS gullibility.
Your faith in "science" tells you so. So it has to be true.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#200572 Jan 8, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as Jesus, its not even up for debate - you're just liars with no evidence at the end of day, trying to sell your cult to intelligent people.
You've violated one of the most sacred atheist handbook tenets by this assertion and positive claim, now you must prove it. You err and lie when you say sell, its a free gift, mushmouth. also...
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
If escaping the things to come means being unintelligent make the decision..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#200573 Jan 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
And Toxic. He is toxic waste.
And apparently incapable of debate or even a conversation...
Bongo

Coram, NY

#200574 Jan 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dearest stale and mouldy bread crumb
My children are not a particle, the are a collection of billions of particles, they are of their fathers and my dna but are (and this is the key word here)“independent” entities.
Chrissy babe, there is strong indication that you are independently stoopid, just ask Buck

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#200575 Jan 8, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Paul recites 8 beatings.
Luke records one.
I am getting tired of correcting you. Obviously your knowledge of the Bible is superficial at best.

Do you have anything from ancient history which refutes any of Paul's account?

Beaten with rods a Roman punishment at Philippi [Acts 16:23] Stoned at Lystra [Acts 14:11-19] 2 Cor. 11:33 validated in Acts 9:25. V. 32 validated in Acts 9:24. In verse 31 Paul states he is not lying and ancient documents are given the benefit of the doubt. Biblical hyper critics such as yourself assume guilt until proven innocent. You have things upside down and would not want yourself judged as harshly as you judge Paul. As you brand him a liar even when he swears he is telling the truth. By your standard of measure it is measured out to you.
Obviously Acts does not support Paul's assertion....
...except in Bizarro Apologist World.
Where is your evidence from history which refutes? Bizarre apologists world my behind. What about the half baked superficial knowledge of the Bible world which approaches Scripture with built in assumptions of guilt, pseudo history etc. That is all with zero ancient precedent for any of their modern assumptions. How many times have the moderns been proven wrong?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#200576 Jan 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
You're forcing your own pre-conceived construct onto the narrative again.

The author could have come to the same analogy through the experience of sitting too close too long at a camp-fire.

Occam's Razor.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#200577 Jan 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I don't debate faith with faithless people.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I don't debate faith with anybody. What's to debate? The issue is settled.
KiMare wrote:
Faith, by it's very definition is unprovable.
I know that. That's why there is nothing to debate. Faith is a guess. Debating faith based beliefs would be like debating lottery numbers before the drawing. Some pick Allah, others Shiva, some people still worship the Celtic gods, and some still believe in Zeus. You picked Jesus. Good luck.

https://www.nationalfilmnetwork.com/store/Pro...
KiMare wrote:
You think you are being clever, instead, you are an Idiot.
I didn't think I was being clever.

What are you so angry about? Weren't you also promised a peace that passeth all understanding? I think I have more peace. Maybe you should try my philosophy.

Westcliffe, CO

#200578 Jan 8, 2014
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/08/first-grade...

Topix style atheism. They would even steal candy from a baby.

Insanity, letting their non-religious fervor drive them to deprive others of sharing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#200579 Jan 8, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
The purpose of the Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society.

I thought you knew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 min dollarsbill 12,596
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr JustASkeptic 14,714
Proof of God for the Atheist 2 hr Shizle 107
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 hr -Stray Dog 47,794
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 5 hr par five 6
News Militant Atheists are On the March 5 hr thetruth 4
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 13 hr thetruth 59
More from around the web