Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#200086 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, no it is NOT proof, copy and paste the portion in this Wikipedia that shows Kim Jong-Un to be an Atheist. Your dishonesty is appalling, as is your continual lying. Isn't lying a sin in your despicable religion?
Did you even bother to read this biography or just assume he was an Atheist?
Your God is worse than Kim, your God fed a group of teenagers to a bear.
I just wanted to let you know while you were talking trash. I skated in and slammed the puck in the goal. Looks like your team hasn’t been scoring of late although you claim your winning the scoreboard says “O” for your side.

One more hockey tip. Don’t catch the puck in your mouth. Cause if you do I’m going to have to knock the puck out of you.[smiling]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#200087 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bears I like.
Gods, not so much.
And the Abrahamic god I find totally repulsive.
If you can point to any redeeming social value in him, let me know.
Chicago Bears?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200088 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is relative, blackbaboon
So your Religion and its Bible is as valid as any other moral system.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#200089 Jan 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh, handcuffs, armed gaurds, 120 starving dogs, and let's not forget the fence.
Lets not forget the thousands of young women that were kept as "The spoils of war" as God declared to Moses. "But keep only those who have not laid with man." So these thousands of young women were lined up and a test was performed to confirm that they were all virgins. Can you image what kind of test that might have been? can you even begin to understand the humiliation these young girls experienced, all on orders from your kind and loving God. Oh yeah, they to had fences around them, and stood for hours and days on end as these barbaric test were performed, and their reward for having passed the test, given to a sex starved soldier. If they failed the test, their reward was a sword driven through their gut.

I think I'd prefer to watch the dogs devour Kim uncle than sit and watch the horror these young innocent girls went through. Kind, compassionate, loving, merciful, caring, yep, thats your God at his best!!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200090 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Something meant to be a distraction or misleading.
I understand why you couldn't handle college.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#200092 Jan 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to let you know while you were talking trash. I skated in and slammed the puck in the goal. Looks like your team hasn’t been scoring of late although you claim your winning the scoreboard says “O” for your side.
One more hockey tip. Don’t catch the puck in your mouth. Cause if you do I’m going to have to knock the puck out of you.[smiling]
I seriously doubt you could even stand on a pair of hockey skates, let along rag a puck. I played in hight school and for 10 years in an adult no check league, I also coach for 15 years, skates three time a week. I do believe my team as fill your net with pucks, there just doesn't seem to be any more room, can't even squeeze another one in. I think the refs have invoked the mercy rule, now pick your ass up off the ice and slink on outta the rink.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#200093 Jan 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't feel bad.
:)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#200094 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never intend to make you feel bad. I would never do that intentionally. Our opinions of Riverside Redneck are different just like IANS and mine differ on Dave Nelson.
In fact, I think IANS and I were going to have a discussion on the various causes of homophobia at some point but I got distracted.
In my opinion, when KiMare sees two men kissing it triggers some memories of childhood sexual abuse. It may be a Mommy issue. Most likely, he blames his mother for not stopping him when he fondled his little brother.
Smile
It's all good.

Each of us reacts differently to others' personalities, because of our own personality.

IANS' take on RR is very different from mine. He sees a positive side; I don't. IANS' take on Dave is different from mine. IANS has no room for Dave; I feel for him. Then there's nano: IANS' take, yours, mine, are all different.

You should take pride that, no matter who it is or what beliefs s/he has, nobody here has no respect for you; quite the contrary. I can't think of anybody else who fits that bill.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200095 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
According to the Bible, marriage is between one man and 700 wives and 300 concubines.
Solomon must have been continuously exhausted.
And one has to wonder what all those wives and concubines were doing to relieve sexual tension while Solomon was busy elsewhere...which would have been almost all the time.
But then, does anyone recall the Bible prohibiting women lying with women?
The Law condemned only male homosexuality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200096 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Bible's instructions of sexual immorality covers it all.
Once again you are either lying or a moron.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200097 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, it was people like you, IANS, OCB, Mac, HL and Buck that helped me to grow. It has everything to do with Topix.
Your growth in height is due to the hard work of Chinese children making your stripper shoes ;)
Proving once again, if you can't beat a woman you will insult her.

Such a fine Christian Man!
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#200098 Jan 6, 2014
porter reincarnated wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuyck you.
Heres Porter again,the poster child for christINSANITY!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200099 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, RR, I think some posters here are a little rough on you. Your opinions are just as valid as theirs or mine.....
True, but you and the rest of us non-Christians don't claim our opinions to be Perfect Truth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200100 Jan 6, 2014
According to RR's argument against Leviticus, the entire Bible is only for people in the Roman Empire so it applies to no one at all now.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#200101 Jan 6, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> snide boy, this exchange started when I posted to someone else, not you, saying you went to university of united states and I repeated ians accurate description of you. You came out guns blazing because you cant handle joking around. Like BLOB says , it was very Christ like of you. You aren't a very mature Christian are you/? In fact youre a tenacious little bitch. Your personal attacks and insolent assumptions show your depravity. Now, to save the people in the room from a typical skomby marathon of drivel and my desire to keep my New Years resolution to be a better Christian I will stipulate youre a lot smarter than me and God respects you more. If you wish to continue the useless banter im all for the entertainment, for me, for you its serious business , right?
Actually all you have to do is not post to me

Don't cry because you started up a fight unprovoked and now don't like when it comes back your way

Don't lie and pretend my response to your constant, unsolicited personal attacks have anything to do with my need for validation

Don't be a hypocrite and call me a bitch in the same post you are crying in and blaming me

It is very simple, I never post to you or about you. So if you want an end to the hostilities you initiated, just like you initiated them in WSJLM, then all you have to do is stop. I only RESPOND. I never come looking your way unless you start something up...AGAIN

I wanted no part of this. But I won't feel bad for returning fire to a troll and hurting his feeling apparently Most trolls are crybaby hypocrites. The posts of yours I have ignored are worst than anything I have said to you. Your problem is my posts hit home. And if you think I you or this seriously then you are more messed up than I thought. Like it says in Reservoir Dogs, "if you keep acting like a bitch, I'm gonna slap you like a bitch"

That is all it was Bongo. Trust me, it is hard to take a guy named Bongo seriously

So don't post me and you will see how much interest i have in talking to you. I haven't initiated a post to you in 2 years. I am pretty sure i can go another 2 in my sleep

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#200102 Jan 6, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> snide boy, this exchange started when I posted to someone else, not you, saying you went to university of united states and I repeated ians accurate description of you. You came out guns blazing because you cant handle joking around. Like BLOB says , it was very Christ like of you. You aren't a very mature Christian are you/? In fact youre a tenacious little bitch. Your personal attacks and insolent assumptions show your depravity. Now, to save the people in the room from a typical skomby marathon of drivel and my desire to keep my New Years resolution to be a better Christian I will stipulate youre a lot smarter than me and God respects you more. If you wish to continue the useless banter im all for the entertainment, for me, for you its serious business , right?
BTW

As you are crying and trying to sound as if I got all serious when you were just being your normal Topix jester self,let's look at one of your very first posts. And again unsolicited

" I know you still think skomby is a sack o shit but you patronize him to keep the peace and to keep everyone from fleeing the room. "

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

Not only there is nothing joking about that, it was done intentionally just like using Ian's jokes to try to put a wedge back between him and I

You are only crying foul because it took me about 3 posts to get you to admit you have no friends, not only on Topix but in real life and now you are embarrassed. You have tried to go after my job, were i live, my financial situation, my incarceration, ect. What bothers you is the true stuff doesn't bother me and the stuff I know isn't true doesn't bother me. You don't have the ability to make me take you seriously. You are a Topix fly. You got swatted.

But, this will be the last time I ever post to you or about you if you do the same. I will even let you have your reply to these posts so I know how hard it is for you not to post to me. But if you continue as usual after that, then so will I

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200103 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a question I can't get any gay person to answer. Not here, not anywhere.
The flip side to that question is why do men walk and talk and dress like women to attract other men?
When you ask these kinds of questions, you get labeled a homophobe, a closet gay or, like Darwin just said to me, you're ranting against gays.
o.O
More proof you don't a thing about homosexuality. All you know is erroneous stereotypes based on a minority of a minority.

Most homosexuals dress, talk and act just like heterosexuals.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#200104 Jan 6, 2014
LOL

Skomboneurosis vs Drongo.

You two should just head butt each other and get it over with.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#200105 Jan 6, 2014
Did ar ar slink off again?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200106 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the vicious anger...
Can only imagine how that affects your world.
Your vicious anger seems to have made you a horrible person.

Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 8 min Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 12 min Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 154
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 - 80,048
what science will NEVER be able to prove 2 hr Amused 9
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Amused 32,584
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web