Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200065 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Lilith?
Why does KiMare act like a total fuckweasel?
These questions may never be answered.
Wow, the vicious anger...

Can only imagine how that affects your world.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#200066 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have.
However, it is an expression of mating behavior. It is probably the most powerful force in your physical existence. At least as strong as your desire to breath, eat, drink water and live. Probably more.
The question exposes a woman who almost wants to be a man (transgendered) being attracted to a woman who almost wants a man (or maybe bisexual). An expression of the spectrum of sexuality extremes within lesbianism.
Now, why does a question like that arouse anger in you instead of curiosity?
What are you afraid of?
What do you think might happen if you walk into that fear?
Bull dykes love each other too..lol Are you Jerry Springers naive little brother?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#200067 Jan 6, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
They were done in public. For example, Christ fed 5000 people on a few loves and fishes. dozens if not hundreds saw this. Dozens saw Him raise the dead.
I have not seen any amputees healed. Since no one knows all things no one cannot say it has not happened in the past 2000 years
There have been some cured of cancer via a miracle. Same goes for the others issues you bring up.

More than 500 people over the course of 40 days saw Christ after He rose from the dead.
500 people, according to the testimony of one man, namely Paul in 1 Corinthians 15, only Paul says it was all at once. How would that work in court?

Judge: You stand accused of robbery. How do you plead?
Accused: I'm innocent, yer Honor!
Judge: Do you have any proof?
Accused: Why sure. I was at the ball game. 500 people saw me there.
Judge: 500 people you say? Good enough. Case dismissed!

The funny thing is, among those 500 people, Paul says Jesus appeared to The Twelve. Twelve? Doesn't Paul know Judas is dead? How could Jesus appear to The Twelve?

This is what happens when two people are fabricating a story, and neither knows what the other is cooking up.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#200068 Jan 6, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, but I know full well what orthodox Christian doctrine says. I taught it myself once upon a time.
And I know what Jesus said.
They ain't the same. You quoted them yourself, but even after doing so, you cannot help but revert to doctrine. You don't what to deal with the dichotomy present in Jesus' own words, standing in opposition to venerable old Church doctrine as presented by Paul.
I understand, it took me decades to read and think for myself as well.
Thank God my family was Christian in name only.
I called us "Home Baptists" (Prime Signed is the proper name for it). We got baptized (or christened) as babies then went home.
Only time you went to church was for weddings and funerals.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200069 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly the bulk of theologians disagree with you. As does Acts.
Really ? The leaders of the religion started by Paul and their literature agrees with Paul ?

ROFLMAO

Did you know that Communists believe in Communism ?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#200070 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have.
Yet you ask again.

Was the answer not to your liking?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, it is an expression of mating behavior. It is probably the most powerful force in your physical existence. At least as strong as your desire to breath, eat, drink water and live. Probably more.
Your opinions are yours.

Thanks for sharing.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question exposes a woman who almost wants to be a man (transgendered) being attracted to a woman who almost wants a man (or maybe bisexual). An expression of the spectrum of sexuality extremes within lesbianism.
The question makes you look like a dumbass.

Are you a dumbass?

That's a rhetorical question, btw.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, why does a question like that arouse anger in you instead of curiosity?
It arouses neither in me.

Why does it arouse anger in you?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you afraid of?
I'm not afraid of anything.

What are you afraid of?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think might happen if you walk into that fear?
I don't understand what fear is.

Can you explain it to me, homophobe?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#200072 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the vicious anger...
Can only imagine how that affects your world.
You should stop being angry.

You can get help.

I can only imagine how that affects your world but I don't because I don't really care.

Smirk

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200073 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bears I like.
Gods, not so much.
And the Abrahamic god I find totally repulsive.
If you can point to any redeeming social value in him, let me know.
The Elohim created kittens.

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200074 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't consider it normal.
Neither are you.

Do you hate yourself, too ?

“The future begins”

every moment

#200075 Jan 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God my family was Christian in name only.
I called us "Home Baptists" (Prime Signed is the proper name for it). We got baptized (or christened) as babies then went home.
Only time you went to church was for weddings and funerals.
Oh I wouldn't change a thing. It was a great experience overall. Some knotheads, like anywhere else, but mostly good people, just folks tryin' to muddle thru life as best they can.

But breaking the chains of dogmatic slavery and willful ignorance has been among the most rewarding journeys in my life, spiritually and intellectually.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200076 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck lacks a value system.
One day, he'll tell us that if his son announced that he's gay, he'd disinherit him (his own son for chrissakes).
A little later, he'll tell us he's changed his mind--he'd be disappointed, but would still love him.
The Redneck reserves the right to flounder about, saying this one day and that the next.
He's done it with homosexuality, with racial bigotry, with misogyny.
No set of values whatsoever; no backbone.
And yet, he has the gall to pontificate.
Recall that RR said that disown and kill are the same thing.

Thus he would probably kill his son f he was gay.

Such a loving father, just like his deity !

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#200077 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you ask again.
Was the answer not to your liking?
<quoted text>
Your opinions are yours.
Thanks for sharing.
<quoted text>
The question makes you look like a dumbass.
Are you a dumbass?
That's a rhetorical question, btw.
<quoted text>
It arouses neither in me.
Why does it arouse anger in you?
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid of anything.
What are you afraid of?
<quoted text>
I don't understand what fear is.
Can you explain it to me, homophobe?
You made me feel a little bad when you said some posters are too harsh on RR.

I feel much better now.

“The future begins”

every moment

#200078 Jan 6, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the gospel accounts would stand up very well in court. In fact a lawyer did apply the rules of evidence to the gospels and found them to be reliable and a powerful witness to what they claim.
That wouldn't be Josh McDowell's infamous book, "Evidence That Demands A Refund", would it?
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>There is more than one Judas in Scripture. Jesus appeared to the 12 and various others over the course of 40 days.
But there was only one group known as "The Twelve" and that group included only one Judas, and he was dead.

Don't be discouraged. Try again.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#200079 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the balls to admit when I'm wrong and the courage to grow as a human being.
Do you? It sure as hell don't seem like it.
You have never done that on Topix. I doubt you ever do it in real life.

You are the same POS you were when you first came to Topix. If anything, you are a bigger pile of it now.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#200080 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>You made me feel a little bad when you said some posters are too harsh on RR.

I feel much better now.
I didn't feel bad.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#200081 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It says RELIGION --NONE the (atheist) simply because winkipedia has not found a way to denote someone without religion as being anything other than an Atheist which is simple not true. You cannot have a God and still NOT be considered an Atheist. Would you classify Jainism or Taoism as being Atheist? Both of these disciplines have NO God. It is totally possible to have a religion without God, in fact it is incorrect to call either of these disciplines a religion, since the very definition of religion includes the belief in and the worship of a superhuman controlling power. So simply because Kim has no religion does not automatically make him an Atheist.
Now, how is Kim feeding his uncle to a pack of dogs any different from God feeding a group of teenagers to some bears?
Uhhh, handcuffs, armed gaurds, 120 starving dogs, and let's not forget the fence.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#200082 Jan 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
For what it's worth, RR, I think some posters here are a little rough on you. Your opinions are just as valid as theirs or mine. I seldom agree with your opinions but that's OK. I must admit that there are times when I wish I was normal. Those times are rare. For the most part, I'm OK with what and who I am. That's what counts, right?
Exceptional is a better word anyways.

:)
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#200083 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It says RELIGION --NONE the (atheist) simply because winkipedia has not found a way to denote someone without religion as being anything other than an Atheist which is simple not true. You cannot have a God and still NOT be considered an Atheist. Would you classify Jainism or Taoism as being Atheist? Both of these disciplines have NO God. It is totally possible to have a religion without God, in fact it is incorrect to call either of these disciplines a religion, since the very definition of religion includes the belief in and the worship of a superhuman controlling power. So simply because Kim has no religion does not automatically make him an Atheist.
Now, how is Kim feeding his uncle to a pack of dogs any different from God feeding a group of teenagers to some bears?
He's Atheist and we all know that except you my good Doctor.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#200084 Jan 6, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> He does. <quoted text> That would seem to be the case since He provides life in the first place. <quoted text> My argument was based on authority. Either way your question was answered. Your vitriol against a God you do not believe exists is puzzling. Why ask questions in which you really will not accept answers? Are you so thick you cannot accept it all even in theory without raising a fuss? It is almost as if you somehow feel threatened. <quoted text> Prove it. God owes you nothing. The air you breath is by the grace of God. <quoted text> Your knee will bow. But it will probably be too late. Hope not. <quoted text> More vitriol. I do not seek your approval . Peace.
No your God does NOT take care of his people. He lost his temper and flooded the entire planet thereby killing every man, women, pregnant women and her fetus, babies and children. How is that taking care of his people? He also refuses to help thousands of starving children, most of whom die horribly painful deaths, and sits and ignores the prayers of desperate parents and they watch their children dying of childhood cancers.

I believe that people who believe in things without evidence and for no good reason are dangerous. They are a danger to society and to those around them. I do feel threaten by people who build their lives around superstitious beliefs, and would like nothing better than to force these beliefs on everyone.

The air I breath is produced naturally and no imaginary entity is necessary.

The questions I ask are out of curiosity, curiosity over seemingly intelligent people convinced that an imaginary being, one with no proof whatsoever, is somehow in control of their lives. Curious that these same people will look a scientific evidence that sit there looking at them, and because it is in conflict with their beliefs, pretend it doesn't exist. You don't see these kinds of actions a danger in any way?

I am not asking for your approval, only justification for the unreasonable and highly illogical ideas behind this God thing you worship.

You know he murders innocent little babies, yet you of religion always find some way to justify this horrific act. You know he sits idly by and ignores the prayers of desperate parents. You know he punishes finite crimes with infinite punishment, were is the mercy and compassion and divine justice?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#200085 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You made me feel a little bad when you said some posters are too harsh on RR.
I feel much better now.
I never intend to make you feel bad. I would never do that intentionally. Our opinions of Riverside Redneck are different just like IANS and mine differ on Dave Nelson.

In fact, I think IANS and I were going to have a discussion on the various causes of homophobia at some point but I got distracted.

In my opinion, when KiMare sees two men kissing it triggers some memories of childhood sexual abuse. It may be a Mommy issue. Most likely, he blames his mother for not stopping him when he fondled his little brother.

Smile

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min nanoanomaly 32,612
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min Science 80,105
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 1 hr Amused 176
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 2 hr Amused 70
what science will NEVER be able to prove Mon Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Mon Eagle 12 - 106
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web