Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199981 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told us you change your mind on your beliefs.
First, you'd disown your gay son.
Then, you reconsidered, and wouldn't disown him.
That's a major change of mind.
Have you no intellectual integrity whatsoever?
Never mind. You don't have to answer that.
Just as I've grown in my views and acceptance of homosexuals, I hope you can grow and change your views of Christians.

I ain't holding my breath, but.....

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199982 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly don't understand Scripture.
It'd be a good idea if you stop trying.
Well, if you stick strictly to the KJV. then it only mentions linen and wool. But the KJV is not that good a translation. Most newer translations, attempting to be a more accurate translation, say something like...

"'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."
--New International Version

"Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of thread."
--New Living Translation

"...nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."
--New American Standard Bible

The original text (you know...the one in Hebrew, not English) talks of two different fabrics.

For a fairly comprehensive list of what different English version of the Bible say, see...

http://biblehub.com/leviticus/19-19.htm

So tell me again, who clearly doesn't understand scripture?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199983 Jan 6, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Do you think I have come to abolish slavery as condones by my father, or have I come to renounce my fathers wished that slaves be kept, I have come to fully support my fathers wishes that one man owning another is not immoral but a good thing"
-Jesus
Morality is relative, blackbaboon

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#199984 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>The Redneck lacks a value system.

One day, he'll tell us that if his son announced that he's gay, he'd disinherit him (his own son for chrissakes).

A little later, he'll tell us he's changed his mind--he'd be disappointed, but would still love him.

The Redneck reserves the right to flounder about, saying this one day and that the next.

He's done it with homosexuality, with racial bigotry, with misogyny.

No set of values whatsoever; no backbone.

And yet, he has the gall to pontificate.
I agree and what's the deal with his Internet hypocrisy?

He googles everything, poorly but still, tells people to go to 'the googlers', then goes on about online information not being true or whatever.

The dude has issues and should be grateful that some of us are kind enough to try to help him out.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#199985 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm the awesomest atheist in history!"
-The Scar
I'm just a regular guy. That you perceive what I contribute here to mean that says more about you than me.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#199986 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I threw a red herring out there for ya because the conversation was going nowhere fast.

You have your beliefs and I have mine.

It's incredibly unlikely that either will change.
What's a red herring? In your own words, don't google it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199987 Jan 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
To:Blacklagoon
The site below is proof Kim Jon-Un is Atheist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un
Liar, no it is NOT proof, copy and paste the portion in this Wikipedia that shows Kim Jong-Un to be an Atheist. Your dishonesty is appalling, as is your continual lying. Isn't lying a sin in your despicable religion?

Did you even bother to read this biography or just assume he was an Atheist?

Your God is worse than Kim, your God fed a group of teenagers to a bear.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199988 Jan 6, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think Fortune 1000 companies are good companies? LOL
What parent did you inherit your company from? It would be hard to imagine someone that ignorant of the business world started his own company. Then again, this is the Internet!
And it is a little late to try to redefine "lonely at the top" when you used it to explain your lack of friends!
And of course you will still post to me. You are obsessed and are a troll
I never post to you first yet you remain infatuated with me. Despite pointing this out several times you still can't stop yourself. Are there other anonymous guys online you show such constant 1-way interest in or is it just me? I don't think a day has gone by in over a year that we have both been posting in the same room that you don't post to me. That's kinda creepy Bongo!
snide boy, this exchange started when I posted to someone else, not you, saying you went to university of united states and I repeated ians accurate description of you. You came out guns blazing because you cant handle joking around. Like BLOB says , it was very Christ like of you. You aren't a very mature Christian are you/? In fact youre a tenacious little bitch. Your personal attacks and insolent assumptions show your depravity. Now, to save the people in the room from a typical skomby marathon of drivel and my desire to keep my New Years resolution to be a better Christian I will stipulate youre a lot smarter than me and God respects you more. If you wish to continue the useless banter im all for the entertainment, for me, for you its serious business , right?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#199989 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yessssss...... I did say that.

I also said that I was wrong in that thinking.

I've grown. I've changed.
No you haven't, you think it's not normal.

#199990 Jan 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a big fan of the genre (horror). If you didn't like the Saw series, you probably don't like the Hostel movies, the teenager slasher movies like the Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and Friday the 13th series. or the mutant movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn, and The Hills Have Eyes. And then there are the zombies and vampires.
I like some of each, although the worst teenager movies are insufferable, and much of the vampire stuff is unwatchable as well.
Actually, I am a fan of several of the movies that you mentioned. I am not against gore and violence in horror movies, but I do not like their gratuitous use.

For example, I don't like most of Clive Barker's movies. I have read only one Barker book, and it seemed to be more about disgusting you than terrifying you. Turned me off on him as a writer. And, as I say, most of his movies don't do anything for me. The Hellraiser series included.

The two exceptions to this that I can think of (and remember everybody, I am speaking of my opinions...not facts) are Nightbreed and Lord of Illusions. While these have no shortage of gore and violence, their plots are not reliant upon them.

And still I do have a love of directors that can instill that sense of terror without resorting to graphic violence. I think it takes the directors art to a higher level.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#199991 Jan 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's located in the box in the far right under "religion."
My gwad you a right wing xtan fundie soldier boy , Eagle will caught you in heat! bahahhaaaa
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199992 Jan 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the balls to admit when I'm wrong and the courage to grow as a human being.
Do you? It sure as hell don't seem like it.
seem like? The itinerant hedonist has arrived , hes at the pinnacle, no where to go but down.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199993 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas, except, if it was from the blacklagoon crater on yUoranus, it would use BS.
Care to explain the description of radiation that Moses experienced when he met with the Alien?
Smile.
Sure it was actually, and no one knows this so keep it hush, it was God up in heaven with a huge magnifying glass attempting to fry Moses like kids do with ants. The Alien was protected by his force field, Moses used the tablets that the 10 commandments were written on as a shield. Thank Crom for those stone tablets, or Moses wouldn't have been around to oversee the rape of all those thousands of virgins that God ordered.

#199994 Jan 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
christian woman is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, by a Doctor.
She, being Sybil's christian mother, then tells her christian husband that the Doctor is wrong.
She, being Sybil's christian mother, says to her christian husband that the Doctor is wrong because "god" told her that she does not have paranoid schizophrenia.
The christian husband, who is Sybil's father, accepts his christian wife's assessment over the Doctor's diagnoses.
Their christian church did not approve of Doctors of the mind.
Is that easier to understand ar ar?
If you say you talk to God, everyone thinks that is normal.

If you say God talks to you, everyone thinks that is crazy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199995 Jan 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
What's a red herring? In your own words, don't google it.
Something meant to be a distraction or misleading.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199996 Jan 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
No you haven't, you think it's not normal.
It isn't normal.

That doesn't make it bad, just not normal.

Just like being left handed, albinos, fear of cereal boxes, putting ketchup on pizza and crapping on your sex partner during sex all aren't normal.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199997 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, you are discriminating against yourself. You are denying yourself the right to marry Dave.
Your argument is, of course, disingenuous in the extreme. You are discriminating against anyone that wants to marry someone of the same sex. You are denying them their right to happiness. You are saying you can only be happy if you love someone of a different sex.
And I bet you would think it HAWT if you had two beautiful lesbians living next door to you.
Marriage has a powerful potential to impact the world.

That is why a deception of such an important relationship is not just a fallacy, but dangerous denial.

The real question is, why do homosexuals want to poorly mimic a relationship they are clearly inferior to?
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#199998 Jan 6, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told us you change your mind on your beliefs.
First, you'd disown your gay son.
Then, you reconsidered, and wouldn't disown him.
That's a major change of mind.
Have you no intellectual integrity whatsoever?
Never mind. You don't have to answer that.
Not only that RR morality and ethical conduct gone to dogs of war god! Bahahhaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199999 Jan 6, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you stick strictly to the KJV. then it only mentions linen and wool. But the KJV is not that good a translation. Most newer translations, attempting to be a more accurate translation, say something like...
"'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."
--New International Version
"Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of thread."
--New Living Translation
"...nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."
--New American Standard Bible
The original text (you know...the one in Hebrew, not English) talks of two different fabrics.
For a fairly comprehensive list of what different English version of the Bible say, see...
http://biblehub.com/leviticus/19-19.htm
So tell me again, who clearly doesn't understand scripture?
Well geez.

Your awesome googling abilities clearly mean you understand Scripture better than I.

But I will agree with you one thing, the KJV isn't a reliable translation.

#200000 Jan 6, 2014
According to the Bible, marriage is between one man and 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Solomon must have been continuously exhausted.

And one has to wonder what all those wives and concubines were doing to relieve sexual tension while Solomon was busy elsewhere...which would have been almost all the time.

But then, does anyone recall the Bible prohibiting women lying with women?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Regolith Based Li... 48,387
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... 13 hr Scaritual 14
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 17 hr Amused 4,906
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 17 hr Amused 21,861
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
News Delta Schools Will Get Satanic Coloring Books o... (Apr '16) Nov 29 Amused 7
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) Nov 28 hpcaban 441
More from around the web