Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256631 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#199511 Jan 5, 2014
Atomic_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha that's why you are here, hiding behind a screen. You are a keyboard warrior. Strong, brave, no other like you.
In comparison to your real life persona, weak, sad and fragile.
No one here is superior.
Everyone here is "superior"... to something.

Learn language. It can have fruitful rewards. Moron.

My real-life persona is as much a mystery to you as logic and reason.

Commenting on it makes you a fool.

Location hidden

#199512 Jan 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Like you will go to Hell for wearing cotton and polyester at the same time. Or for eating shrimp. Or eating a cheeseburger. God has some really weird rules, and most Christians just ignore them.
I didn't know they had polyester in Bible times.

Thanks for the info, Darwin's Nutsack.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#199513 Jan 5, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have told us, many times, that you are "unoffendable."
Yet it's clear you have taken offense lately.
Almost to meltdown level in fact.
At this point, why not take a Topix break, pull yourself together, attend to the important things in your life, possibly return later, refreshed and with less of a burden?
Now don't be offended, it's just a suggestion.
He's been emulating the Buck Crick of late, so we get Ar Ar's elevated temper display.

Just give it time, there will be someone else than Ar Ar wants to "side man hug" in a really intimate way that will remove the Buck cologne Ar Ar has been wearing.

He'll eventually return to his regular old, racist, misogynistic and doltish ways.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#199514 Jan 5, 2014
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/04/afte...

Heh heh.

Atheist churches and their problems.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199515 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, most mammals understand territorial boundaries.
Really? Human property boundaries?

How many dogs work for your zoning commission?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199516 Jan 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You push people, it's what you do.
Good on them for pushing back, the days of religious, abusive bullies are coming to an end.
Slowly but surely. I say that is a wonderful thing.
Are you familiar with the case study on Sybil Dorsett?
She developed a rather severe case of multi personality disorder aka paranoid schizophrenia, possibly exacerbated by an abusive christian mother and later helped by a Doctor, of the non religious kind.
Her father said things like "you can't see a Doctor Sybil, you know the church doesn't approve of Doctors of the mind".
You and those like you remind me of Sybil's parents.
Her mother called her a demon whilst tying her up and kicking the crap out of her, sometimes whilst singing xmas songs, when Sybil was five years old.
Do you know how many billions of people have been hurt by christian delusions?
Do you have any idea at all?
Don't worry, you will, you cannot silence us with your clown act.
I think you might be in a little too close with Sybil, what with what your stepdad and mom did to you.

Does that story ring a personal bell for you? I think it does. I think maybe the psychotic abuse your mom put on you and your "real" dad's not willing to help you has made a person that hates all of Christianity for the acts of just a few.

That ain't right.

Do you have multiple personalities, too?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199517 Jan 5, 2014
scaritual wrote:

He's been emulating the Buck Crick of late, so we get Ar Ar's elevated temper display.
Just give it time, there will be someone else than Ar Ar wants to "side man hug" in a really intimate way that will remove the Buck cologne Ar Ar has been wearing.
He'll eventually return to his regular old, racist, misogynistic and doltish ways.
'return'?!

o.O

Location hidden

#199518 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
""We must exterminate these people, root and branch… We can’t permit such danger to the country; the homosexuals must be entirely eliminated.” Heydrich Himmler 1938
Such a good and righteous Christian!
You are a liar. And you are a fool.

Himmler's hate of homosexuals was NOT from adherence to Christianity, BUT FROM HIS HATE OF IT.

Himmler, like Hitler, hated Christianity. How could he tolerate a religion that made a Jew into a God?

Heinrich Himmler: A Life
-By Peter Longerich

"Christianity seemed to him so dangerous because its sexual morality stood in oppostion the the biological revolution he planned, and because the principle of Christian mercy contradicted his demand for unwavering severity in dealing with subhumans (Jews)."

" ...blamed the homosexual male order of the Catholic Church and the prudery rooted in his own Catholic uprbringing for his own delayed sexual development..."

He identified the Catholic priesthood with homosexuality. He hated both.

Again, you are a fool.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199519 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might be in a little too close with Sybil, what with what your stepdad and mom did to you.
Does that story ring a personal bell for you? I think it does. I think maybe the psychotic abuse your mom put on you and your "real" dad's not willing to help you has made a person that hates all of Christianity for the acts of just a few.
That ain't right.
I see that you will abuse women verbally if you can't beat them.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199520 Jan 5, 2014
" Hey Luci ! Are you mentally Ill ? " - RR

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199521 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://news.nationalgeographic .com/news/2003/08/0821_030821_ straydogs.html
Dog packs.
They learn to avoid humans that throw rocks and shoot at them,
So do I.
Dave Nelson wrote:
but get in the woods with them and you want a gun to educate them in a hurry.
Or get educated in a hurry.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dogs will eat you alive.
and spit out the sharp pieces.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199522 Jan 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...you can accept the Bible, but you can not reject my rejection of it. That is something only I can do.
BTW...my rejection of the Bible is a personal choice. I am not trying to force anything upon you...unlike you seem to be doing toward me. You are perfectly free to accept the Bible. And I am perfectly free to think you are wrong.
<quoted text>
By your continued obsession with anal sex as the method of transmission. If you do think there are other means of transmission, you are ignoring them.
<quoted text>
You didn't say so straight out. But what you did say implied that view.
<quoted text>
Not so much wrong as very simplistic. Evolution is about the promotion of genes...not necessarily procreation. Kin selection (individuals aiding in the survival of kin) is also an alternative method of evolution and the promotion of genes. There are theories about how homosexuality fits this paradigm.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
If you think I am having trouble comprehending what you are saying, you might consider the possibility that you are not being very clear in how you say it.
Darwin,

RE-read your reasoning. Do you really think those are valid? I would be embarrassed...

As to theories about homosexuality, kin-selection is not accepted. You should read up on epi-genetics.

Location hidden

#199523 Jan 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you stuck on this? Learn this first: there are no absolute moral standards,..

Including this one?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199524 Jan 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
I see that you will abuse women verbally if you can't beat them.
I can see you thinking that ANY stance against a woman would be considered abuse.

You're a bitch that way.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199525 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I got it.
I just disagree.
Was that wrong of me?
But what you wrote did not say you disagreed. What you wrote was a misunderstanding of Hiding's post.

And that was wrong.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Social inequalities...
Rubbish,.
Right...because what we see is low rates of infection among the rich and high rates of infection among the poor. Which clearly has nothing to do with social inequalities...NOT.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Being poor does not equal being stupid.
Agreed. But you seem to be saying so anyway.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HIV is spread partially because of ignorance and partially because of stupidity and recklessness, like in America.
For reasons like poor education, which is the education most poor people get...for various reasons...mostly to do with economic factors. You know...social inequality.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The error in your version of logic is that you think I listed on person when in fact I listed a huge list of people from various backgrounds and education levels that are HIV due to their own actions.
Ah...dude...one or several...the same applies. listing 100 rich people with AIDS does not invalidate the point that by far it is poor people that suffer from the disease.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I stupidity"?
o.O
Is that some form of Darwinese?
Are you so dense you don't recognize a typo? Or are you so OCD that you just HAVE to comment on it?

Idiot.

(BTW...I did notice the typo...right after I had hit "Post Comment". Too late. And I figured anyone but an idiot would realize it was a typo and wouldn't comment on it. And I was correct.)

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#199526 Jan 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know they had polyester in Bible times.
Thanks for the info, Darwin's Nutsack.
Hell Buck, you're the polyester suit of religious nuttery.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#199527 Jan 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell Buck, you're the polyester suit of religious nuttery.
Pastel, too.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#199528 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't right.
No but thanks for showing your true face :)

*the love of a christian ladies and germs*

#199529 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
MSM is undeniably the primary cause of the spread of HIV around the world.
civilizations have had with it.
Absolutely false. The biggest centers of HIV infection are Africa and SE Asia, where it is passed by heterosexual sex almost exclusively. Rape and prostitution are the main paths of infection.(Did you know that in SE Africa, there is a myth going around that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS. And a large percentage of males believe this to be true...or are at least desperate enough to try it. Rape a virgin and you're cured...or so it goes.)

Even in the United States, gays may have a higher rate of infection that straights. But even if you accept the 6 times figure for infection rates, that STILL puts more heterosexuals with AIDS than gays.

If it weren't for your anti-gay bigotry, you might realize these things.

#199530 Jan 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight...
HIV virus does not care about sexuality, but it cares about whether one is poor.
Nobody blames the virus for being spread by a particular activity, Hiding.
They were discussing human choices, not viral choices.
But thanks once again for an enlightening lecture that makes no sense.
Curious. Is there any problem in the universe you don't blame on discrimination?
Toe fungus? Humidity?
Typical Buck idiocy.

No, Buck, HIV doesn't care about whether you are poor or not. But the conditions poor people live under make it more likely they will be exposed.

The same dynamics are at work that cause poor people to contract typhus more often than rich people.

But then, I know this is too subtle a point for you to grasp.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 min IB DaMann 3,849
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min Eagle 12 18,692
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min IB DaMann 43,384
News Why I quit atheism 30 min Thinking 727
Atheism is a mental illness 1 hr Eagle 12 21
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 1 hr Eagle 12 82
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 10,087
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr IB DaMann 790
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,240
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Eagle 12 604
More from around the web