Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#199450 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The lesson is: You can't be honest around certain Topix Atheists! Namely you and Ben.

You twist it around and make it something that wasn't posted.

We should be free to explain every detail of our lives, but you crazy asses will stalk and hunt us down.

Like y'all did to YD.

That's a shame.
I don't agree.

Even when I was a christian, it was always christians who used my personal experiences, which I don't mind sharing, as fodder for the thread.

If I gave a damn, I wouldn't post them.

It still is the christians here who lack decency and adore gossip. There are one or maybe even two exceptions.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#199451 Jan 5, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>According to what system of morality is sex outside of marriage immoral?
Well it’s like this Doctor. When you are married to someone the marriage becomes a co-ownership. You own your spouse and your spouse owns you. So when someone has an affair with a married spouse. They are handling something that doesn’t belong to them.

It’s like someone taking the keys to your car for the weekend and don‘t ask. It’s not theirs to take or borrow. It belongs to someone else. We are not just talking adultery but theft, stealing. Then most of these event are covered up in lies.

But how can we explain morality to an Atheist? After all the leader in North Korea an avid Atheist. Feed his uncle to the dogs.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#199452 Jan 5, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And why should anyone care what the bible says?
We know Kim Jong-Un doesn't care.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#199453 Jan 5, 2014
Father Robert Nugent died Wednesday.

An outstanding person. Very rare.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199454 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, blame it on the poor.
Wow, you really missed Hiding's point entirely...didn't you?

Hiding did not say that HIV infection is the fault of the poor. What she said is that HIV is the fault of the social inequalities forced on the poor.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame it on the rich keeping the poor people poor.
Sure, sure.
Well, this is partially right. Gee, you get 1/2 point for this one.

Certainly, not all rich people are striving to keep the poor poor. OTOH, there are just as certainly some rich people that are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tell these people, these RICH people on this very expansive list of HIV positive people.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_pe...
Then tell me again how HIV is spread due to a lack of resources.
Gee...Hiding says that most HIV infected are poor. You say: Not so. I can name one rich person infected.

Wow...so logical...NOT.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Be honest. HIV is spread because people are horny and stupid.
I stupidity is the cause of AIDS, you better be careful. You are headed to become infected.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#199456 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that doesn't understand atheism.
You didn't develop your thoughts on that subject by yourself. You bought a package of them being peddled.
Real atheists and atheism is an individual thing. You quote too much out of the book you bought.
You don't have the mental horsepower to have developed it on your own.
You are a fraud. A wannabe.
bow down folks,Dave is an ALL knowing one,knowing all your thoughts!!
or is he full of sh**t?
do tell
what is REAL atheist Daveyboy?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#199457 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind some will prosecute you for killing animals. I would suggest a none lethal means. There's none-lethal shotgun ammunition that would do the job.
Also there’s slingshots, and paintball guns.
Someone told me a long time ago blowguns were good. They sit and worry the darts out and leave no gaping wounds.

I don't have the breath for those long shots.

The dogs aren't going to die, Eagle. They will just not entertain any ideas of entering my yard again.

I blame those little ones for leading that shepherd astray. I know where it lives and that is the first I have seen it here. The little ones have been in the yard before. The cats can handle them if push comes to shove.

Still can't figure how they get in.

They should stay home and watch TV and out of my yard.

christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#199458 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Kim Jong-Un doesn't care.
another genius here folks

YOU know Kims mind bucko,do ya?hows that possible?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199459 Jan 5, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that doesn't understand atheism.
You didn't develop your thoughts on that subject by yourself. You bought a package of them being peddled.
Real atheists and atheism is an individual thing. You quote too much out of the book you bought.
You don't have the mental horsepower to have developed it on your own.
You are a fraud. A wannabe.
<headdesk>

ouch

<headdesk>
<headdesk>
<headdesk>
<headdesk>

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Danville, VA

#199460 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind some will prosecute you for killing animals. I would suggest a none lethal means. There's none-lethal shotgun ammunition that would do the job.
Also there’s slingshots, and paintball guns.
Paintball gun vs. Chihuahua

http://www.angelawatson.net/angelawatsonnet/i...

“LOL Really?”

Danville, VA

#199461 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well.
I accept your concession.
I'm sure you would if that ever happened.

Carrion
christINSANITY is EVIL

Fergus, Canada

#199462 Jan 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Knuckle head.
FYI
RetardedRedneck is a PATHOLOGICAL liar..
as are most kristains here,

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#199463 Jan 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Feltcher1 is quite the hypocrite....
You have told us, many times, that you are "unoffendable."

Yet it's clear you have taken offense lately.

Almost to meltdown level in fact.

At this point, why not take a Topix break, pull yourself together, attend to the important things in your life, possibly return later, refreshed and with less of a burden?

Now don't be offended, it's just a suggestion.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199464 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim-Jong Un is an Atheist Doctor. And he fed his Uncle to the dogs. It's well known for some time about the Human Rights Violations in North Korea. And that good ole boy fellow Atheist of yours likes to starve his people while his fat *ss eats steak every evening.
Yeah, he's one of yours so stop trying to say he something else, he's Atheist. Don't it make you proud?
Your wrong once again, he, like most in this country are Juche, I thought i already explained that to you.

Do you consider Buddhists to be Atheists? How about the Jainist religion, or Hinduism, Sikhism, Taosism? Kim-Jong Un worships his predecessor Kim II-Sung as a God, as do most in North Korea.

Being guilty of being an uncaring prick does not make him an Atheist, just an evil little prick. Yo uwould love to hang Atheism on this evil little prick, but because he DOES have a belief, a defined religion, you can't. Oh I guess you can, but you're flying your dishonestly and appeal to ignorance flag really high. His religion is Juche, just like 24 million of his followers. You lose once again Pops, but keep trying, its fun to watch you wiggle in the wind!!!!!

“LOL Really?”

Danville, VA

#199465 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it’s like this Doctor. When you are married to someone the marriage becomes a co-ownership. You own your spouse and your spouse owns you. So when someone has an affair with a married spouse. They are handling something that doesn’t belong to them.
It’s like someone taking the keys to your car for the weekend and don‘t ask. It’s not theirs to take or borrow. It belongs to someone else. We are not just talking adultery but theft, stealing. Then most of these event are covered up in lies.
But how can we explain morality to an Atheist? After all the leader in North Korea an avid Atheist. Feed his uncle to the dogs.
Have you trained your wife?

Good girl. What a good girlllll.

You're revolting at times. I hope your Jesus has a sense of humour.

Westcliffe, CO

#199466 Jan 5, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>HIV is spread in poor and underdeveloped countries because religions like the Catholic religion, forbids the use of condoms. It also promotes the animal breeding mindset among to poorly educated and poverty stricken populous, combine the two and you have the rampart spread of HIV. The Catholic Church, besides being a criminal organization, shares a great part of the blame for the stance on contraceptives.
It is spread because of sexual opportunism and the long time before it shows up.

It takes self discipline and/or religious discipline to limit those opportunities.

People prefer riding bareback, and opportunism can catch everyone unprepared.

They wouldn't use the condoms, anyhow. They would use them for some other purpose, like storing drugs or keeping sand out of a rifle barrel.

BTW, condoms weren't always around. Man made attempts to limit man made mistakes. Your trying to blame the Catholic Church for that spread is really a desperate attempt to discredit religion.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199467 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention old dude, the question was Why is sex OUTSIDE of marriage immoral. Not talking about being married and have sex with someone else I'm talking about someone NOT married having sex.

Westcliffe, CO

#199468 Jan 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
<headdesk>
ouch
<headdesk>
<headdesk>
<headdesk>
<headdesk>
Your head is too dense and dead to be doing the ouch.

The cruelty to furniture people are going to get you.

Come back if you get an original thought.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#199469 Jan 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar, Kim-Jong Un is NOT an Atheists avid or otherwise. I have shown you documentation of the Juche religion and its beliefs, I now challenge you to produce documentation that shows Kim-Jung Un to be a "avid" Atheist.

And how can you explain morality to a Catholic. It certainly didn't work for John Wayne Gacy who murder 33 young boys, he was in fact a CATHOLIC.

I'll be waiting for your evidence that Kim is an Atheist.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#199470 Jan 5, 2014
Dave AKA: kitty defender ...lol
He hunkered sown in a foxhole to defend the likes of pussydom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 13 min yehoshooah adam 4,325
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr brenda6 899
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,291
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 13 hr Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) Tue Frindly 291
More from around the web