Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199134 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you're back to the "purfesir" mode, instead of borrowing from your hero Buck Crick.
Congratulations, Riverside ignoramus.
he's a Bog Doooofus! Bahahahahaa
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199135 Jan 4, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not an ad hominem. He is merely pointing out that you are an ignoramus of the American variety.
Most of our lowly American' Authoritarians are real ignoramus they even ruined US and world with their war machines...
Bongo

Coram, NY

#199136 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Perhaps it was a hypothetical possibility of a growing Godless nation. If the burden of the old folk puts to much pressure on society, is it ok if societal change deals with it by elimination? Hey check the stats, its mind boggling liability coming.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#199137 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes.
I'll follow Feltcher1's advice in intellect: Mexico is America.
Gosh. That WAS easy.
So now that I've followed the Topix Atheist! sheep and agree that Mexico is America, I'm no longer an ignoramus.
Whew! Close call.
There you go with your transparent dishonesty.

I never said "Mexico is America", and you know it.

Can you see why you aren't believed when you minimize your violence, for instance?

It's hard for me to believe that your character flaws, your need to dominate, your violent nature, your wiseass personality, don't impact on your personal life. I consider myself a good judge of people, and I sense that something is more than a bit rotten in your little Denmark.

Of course, you'll deny it. But your denial won't ring true at all.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#199138 Jan 4, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the lovely translation.
Juici, I was thinking, if your dad was obedient to the bible, you wouldn't have suffered and be so pissed. Same for millions of others.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199139 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you see why you aren't believed when you minimize your violence, for instance?
It's hard for me to believe that your character flaws, your need to dominate, your violent nature, your wiseass personality, don't impact on your personal life. I consider myself a good judge of people, and I sense that something is more than a bit rotten in your little Denmark.
Those you talking to our lowly American Authoritarians ,you mentioned lovers of wars and violences and are the followers of authoritarian agendas , kowting to greedy Megalomanics in Power ,this our American bunch is ruining our US morally and financially and to , destroying Human rights,civil liberties... and the hurting the world with their the war machines..., did you know about this? BAD rotten APPLES!

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#199140 Jan 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Juici, I was thinking, if your dad was obedient to the bible, you wouldn't have suffered and be so pissed. Same for millions of others.
One is a pentecostal/baptist and the other is a catholic.

They are both christian men.

Thanks for using my childhood as fodder, very loving of you.

#199141 Jan 4, 2014
Nice 'bible obedience' Drongo.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#199142 Jan 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Juici, I was thinking, if your dad was obedient to the bible, you wouldn't have suffered and be so pissed. Same for millions of others.
Here.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199143 Jan 4, 2014
ok who Chicken hawk that gave me a Negative Icon, face me like a man, you coward! bhahahaaaaa
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#199144 Jan 4, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So you would consider mischievous teens to be gangsters? Interesting!!
A gangster is a gangster. You live in a nice area of Boston. Go to gangsterville with a nice Rolex watch and plenty of money. Those mischievous teens will stick a 45 up your nose so far it will come out your *ss.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#199145 Jan 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Juici, I was thinking, if your dad was obedient to the bible, you wouldn't have suffered and be so pissed. Same for millions of others.
While travelling across the Red Sea recently, you would never guess who I ran into.....

......'BobLoblah'.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#199146 Jan 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No -change what I can change.
I can't change the church from the outside except by helping to diminish it. Why don't you help it, help Skombolis, and help the rest of us by working to help it from the inside?
<quoted text>
LOL. You think I'm gay, don't you? What do you care which holes I plug? Why do you think it's your business?
It's all good, amigo. I'm mostly over the homophobia programmed into me by my father and others from youth. Yes, I deal with the echoing of the voices of my past still ringing faintly in my head, however irrational, arbitrary, unkind and unjust I find them.
<quoted text>
You forgot Stalin and Pol Pot
<quoted text>
Tolerance is a virtue to me, but you might be surprised by what I mean when I use the word. It does not include tolerance of the intolerant. I am only tolerant of that which wants to cooperate and get along. What remains can live in harmony.
It doesn’t matter to me if you are or if you’re not. I still love you as an Atheist and as a fellow world citizen. I love Atheist perhaps because my late Father was an Atheist. I feel a kinship with you. Hate solves nothing and love is far more powerful of a force than hate.

[tipping hat]

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199147 Jan 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A gangster is a gangster. You live in a nice area of Boston. Go to gangsterville with a nice Rolex watch and plenty of money. Those mischievous teens will stick a 45 up your nose so far it will come out your *ss.
Try not to be a victim.

It's unbecoming.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199148 Jan 4, 2014
TheBigFisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
While travelling across the Red Sea recently, you would never guess who I ran into.....
......'BobLoblah'.
is that nutty BobLOBLAH back on topix again?

Bahhahaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199149 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Mexico is not America?!

I see how you are. You can lie about me, saying I'm a wife beater and a child abuser, make fun of the word jumbles, talk about my dirty garage and do on but I can't fib about you in trendiest tiniest bit.

You know why?

Because you're a goddamned hypocrite.

That's why.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199150 Jan 4, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Juici, I was thinking, if your dad was obedient to the bible, you wouldn't have suffered and be so pissed. Same for millions of others.
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
One is a pentecostal/baptist and the other is a catholic.
They are both christian men.
Thanks for using my childhood as fodder, very loving of you.
He said "if your dad was obedient to the bible".

You must've missed that part.

Your dads are about as Christian as Hitler.

Savvy?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#199151 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The statistic you quoted said 1 in 6 people don't know they have HIV. It didn't say that 1 in 6 gay men don't know they have it.
Impressive.
Do you think people that get tattoos should be banned from giving blood?
1 Year according to the powers that be.
Should we stop collecting blood altogether?
I am going to ask my Doctor about keeping my own blood. That is if i ever need blood i can draw it now and perhaps use it later. Although i don't know how practical that would be. Given the stats quoted how comfortable are you receiving blood if MSM became blood donors? Is the science foolproof? Perhaps it is better now than it was in the 80s when countless were being infected with tainted blood along with the lawsuits which followed. They have no accurate way to determine how people actually catch HIV. If a person comes down with HIV and has had homosexual sex it is assumed that is the way they caught it. In reality it is simply a guess. It is also possible the person did the MSM thing and caught HIV some other way. Its all bases on probability combined with 30 or so years research. Me, i lived my life and i am glad i am not young now. That is i am glad i lived when i did.

#199152 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Bongo wrote:

He said "if your dad was obedient to the bible".

You must've missed that part.

Your dads are about as Christian as Hitler.

Savvy?
About as christian as any other.

Both are very respected in their churches.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199153 Jan 4, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Impressive.
<quoted text> 1 Year according to the powers that be.
<quoted text> I am going to ask my Doctor about keeping my own blood. That is if i ever need blood i can draw it now and perhaps use it later. Although i don't know how practical that would be. Given the stats quoted how comfortable are you receiving blood if MSM became blood donors? Is the science foolproof? Perhaps it is better now than it was in the 80s when countless were being infected with tainted blood along with the lawsuits which followed. They have no accurate way to determine how people actually catch HIV. If a person comes down with HIV and has had homosexual sex it is assumed that is the way they caught it. In reality it is simply a guess. It is also possible the person did the MSM thing and caught HIV some other way. Its all bases on probability combined with 30 or so years research. Me, i lived my life and i am glad i am not young now. That is i am glad i lived when i did.
Did you read my post about this topic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min ChristineM 18,013
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 min ChristineM 1,875
News The Consequences of Atheism 40 min ChristineM 1,140
News Confessions of a black atheist 4 hr Savant 21
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr Thinking 14,508
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 hr Mr_SKY 6,453
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 15 hr Freebird USA 9,256
More from around the web