Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#199042 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
That girl is hot !!!
Bonjour
No argument here.

What did you think of her sexy French model date?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199043 Jan 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That was gay.
Ya? Well...

You're a homophobe.

And you're ugly too.

So there.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#199044 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't have written this post had to read the entirety of mine.
You deceitful little prick.
The wow factor in all this is how he thinks he can claim any moral superiority over anyone at all on this thread. As far as raising kids, he's a monster..........

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#199045 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want, sure. But what'd be the point? You know my approval of corporal punishment and I know your opinion of it.
Neither are likely to change.
So we can debate it, but that'll likely just lead to name calling and childish bullshit.
You don't want that, do you?
Of course I don't want that.

Like I've told you before, for me it's a loser to engage you.

You always manage to drag me down to your redneck level, and then defeat me with your wide experience in name calling and childish bullshit.

So let's talk about whether the French are Europeans, or whether Koreans are Asians, or whether Venezuelans are Americans.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#199046 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded.
Page 9551.
Go fish.
Page 9551?

Really?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199047 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you consider lying to be immoral.
Now you lie.
Deceitful little prick.
So you admit you lied when you said the French aren't European ?

Do you ever tire of proving yourself to be a pathological liar ?

You are a poster boy for atheism, RR.
Congrats.
udiotRaceMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#199048 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's flagrant discrimination.
There are tests for blood borne pathogens. HIV/AIDS is just one of those.
here is some Inconvenient truth that scare most of you! Do the research! Develop In US military labs - bioweapons aimed on specific races, SARS for Asians , and HIV/aid viral for Africans/Blacks ...as those scientists whistleblowers come out and admits! Scary stuff!

a document from the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives of the 91st Congress

[The document specifically says that an AIDS-laced smallpox vaccine was to be injected into over 100 million African-Americans in 1977, and over 2,000 young white male homosexuals (Operation Trojan Horse) were to be injected by the CDC and the New York Blood Center in 1978.]

The feasibility program and laboratories were to have been completed by 1914-1915 and the virus between 1974-1975. The WHO started to inject AIDS-laced smallpox vaccine into over 100 million Africans in 1977. Over 2000 young white male homosexuals (Operation Trojan Horse) were injected with laced Hepatitis A vaccine in 1978 through the Centers for Disease Control and the New York Blood Center. The development of live virus apparently had a dual purpose:(1) As a political/ethnic weapon to e used against black individuals and (2) one of the programmed efforts at depopulation."

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199049 Jan 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You stand against freedom of religion and the US Constitution. If we do not have a choice then we’re not free.
I stand against neither. You are free to articulate your bigotry. I am free to ridicule you when you do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199050 Jan 4, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
The wow factor in all this is how he thinks he can claim any moral superiority over anyone at all on this thread. As far as raising kids, he's a monster..........
I think a monster would've done better.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199052 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Page 9551?
Really?
That's what it shows on my phone.

Page 9551.

This page is page 9553.

So you have to go back two pages.

You can do it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199053 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't want that.
Like I've told you before, for me it's a loser to engage you.
You always manage to drag me down to your redneck level, and then defeat me with your wide experience in name calling and childish bullshit.
So let's talk about whether the French are Europeans, or whether Koreans are Asians, or whether Venezuelans are Americans.
South Americans, Catch.

Venezuela is in **South** America.

This is something you should know.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199054 Jan 4, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you lied when you said the French aren't European ?
Do you ever tire of proving yourself to be a pathological liar ?
You are a poster boy for atheism, RR.
Congrats.
The French are French, first and foremost. That's why we call them French.

If you think they're called Europeans, your question should've been: "So you admit you lied when you said the Europeans aren't European ?"

But no, you called them French.

Go figure.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#199055 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
You still don't know what that means, do you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me if I thought the Argentinians are American.
No, I didn't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The correct answer is no.
The correct answer to what question? I the one I asked or the one you formed from what I actually asked?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you asked me if they are South American, the correct answer is yes.
But I didn't ask you that. I also didn't ask you if they are secretly lizards masquerading as Argentinians.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference when you're talking about North America, South America and America.
The USA is the only country in the Western Hemisphere that gets called America.
No, it's not.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You never hear someone talking about going on vacation to Argentina saying they're taking a trip to America....
Do you know what a Red Herring is yet?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#199056 Jan 4, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you offering an argument based in fact or desire?
There are certainly facts. And if you had paid attention to what I started my post, Dr. Richard Carrier presents some of those facts in his book.

If you want to see some of what he has to say on the historicity of Jesus, here is a presentation he made in Wisconsin.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#199057 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what it shows on my phone.
Page 9551.
This page is page 9553.
So you have to go back two pages.
You can do it.
I'll do that.

But for me, this shows as page 9449.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#199058 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand against neither. You are free to articulate your bigotry. I am free to ridicule you when you do.
Hey River.T....... I met a very unique barista at starbucks today, reminded me of you. Got me through 72 hours of snow and ice removal joy. I could have used Buck up here to run a payloader.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199059 Jan 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't know what that means, do you?
<quoted text>
No, I didn't.
<quoted text>
The correct answer to what question? I the one I asked or the one you formed from what I actually asked?
<quoted text>
But I didn't ask you that. I also didn't ask you if they are secretly lizards masquerading as Argentinians.
<quoted text>
No, it's not.
<quoted text>
Do you know what a Red Herring is yet?
What country in North or South America gets called "America" other than the USA?

Surely it's not Argentina, otherwise you would've called it America and not Argentina...

A red herring is something intentionally meant as misleading or distracting, usually to avoid answering a topic or debating a topic.

I thought you knew.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#199060 Jan 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a monster would've done better.
Since you're so knowledgeable, I have a question for you.

See, my real dad wasn't around when I was growing up and being abused in every way possible by my step-dad and my mom, since the age of 4. He only got in touch with me 6 years ago.

Now my real dad is dying and I'm wondering if I should care more than I do.

Who do you think is the monster?

My real dad or my step-dad?

(leave my mom out of it, she is dead and only I can bring her up, unless one of my siblings who share the same mother is around, they can as well)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#199061 Jan 4, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Side with your fellow Christian, Rider..... esp. one who beats babies and women.
I would expect nothing greater from you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#199062 Jan 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do that.
But for me, this shows as page 9449.
Rat saw it and has already responded to it.

Here, ya lazy ass.

http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DVLL...

12th post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Science 79,853
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 1 hr blacklagoon 3 52
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 32,580
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web