Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
190,621 - 190,640 of 224,427 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse your desire to suppress the truth with the idea there is no evidence....
1. It isn't Truth
2. Where is this evidence you claim to have ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
RR says that cheating is always immoral. I'm saying there's no way to know that it's always wrong. If the definition of cheating dictates that harm is always done, I can see classifying it as immoral on that basis. Even if we go that far, a costs/benefits analysis may show that cheating will likely provide the best outcome compared to other available options.
Tell that to the kids of the horny 48 year old dad that abandons his family for the 26 year old secretary.

Tell them it's the best thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I find Topix fascinating because it gives me the opportunity to observe, to learn. Why do you enjoy Topix? Is there an ultimate goal? If so, what is it ??..
I just like watching the fishies scurry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And so, we should make the most of life: broaden our horizons, treat others with dignity, help the weak, explore nature, share with friends and family, use our intellect to worthy ends, experience emotions.
The goal, as I see it, is to be fulfilled; to prepare for death in the knowledge that our life was lived well.
Socal's a good place to start, Buckaroo. Come on out--but no Fountain, please.
Ever been to the mile-long stretch of dog beach over in Huntington? We took Tyson there,'twas a blast.

Then went to Zack's taco stand by the pier. I highly recommend it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, don't play the same ole simple tune of Mary had a little lamb. Jazz it up my man.
Most often the "ole" tunes are the best, the one's that have stood the test of time and are played over and over by many different performers. These tunes never seem to get old, just like the acts of murder attributed by your God. It is astonishing that people like you actually worship a psychopathic killer and go to great lengths to justify his acts of murder, especially those of children and babies.

So you want me to "jazz" it up? Ok, how about God sending bears to tear to shreds some mischievous teenagers. Their crime for meeting such a grisly end? Mocking someones bald head, hows that for some Jazz on an ole theme?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor, the boys down the street where I lived as a kid had a monkey. They abused that poor animal by beating it with a stick. Until one day the monkey had enough of the beatings and grabbed the stick from one of them.
Then the monkey went on to teach those boys what it was like to be on the opposite end of the stick. That monkey whipped their ever loving *sses.
I always prefer civility but sometimes one must grab that stick and show the abuser what it’s like to get a good ole country *ss whipping. Don’t feel sorry for “Just Think,” cause his smart *ss has it coming to him.
I hope you enjoyed your vacation down South. We missed you,[tipping hat].
Yes, I do understand.

Thanks, Belize was great, two weeks of diving, sailing, and sleeping in the warm sun. Sure beat the shit outta this friggin cold!!

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a moral absolute, then whether I follow it or not does not remove its moral obligation on me...
Oh I forgot. You haven't had a shave lately, I hope?

Leviticus 19:27
“‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So those gods are omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent?
Which attributes are required for absolute moral standards to exist...
1. According to their followers, yes. Just like you and your deity and everyone else's.

2. Neither. Having power and knowledge do not give one morals. UN;ess you consider Hitler to be very moral. too.

Kill any adulterers or witches lately ? You deity said you ar supposed to. Why are you so immoral ?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been to the mile-long stretch of dog beach over in Huntington? We took Tyson there,'twas a blast.
Place here called Taco bus. Good eats!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
Yep, you are still a moron.
Q.: "Are Chihuahuas dogs ?"
R.R: "No, they are Chihuahuas."
According to RR the French aren't Europeans and the Egyptians aren't Africans.
ROFLMAO
Get up off the floor, Ben. You're embarrassing.

Just like you called the French, "French" right?

hmmm

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there many times. When my dog was young, he'd take off with other dogs and I had to run forever to get him back.
Parking can be a problem on weekends; and watch out for the runners and cyclists when you cross the path. And don't slip going down the slope to the beach.
Off to the gym.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. haven't seen RR all day ..
.. do you still have the silk scarf I sent you ??..
RR was spending quality time with Mrs RR's scarves.....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse your desire to suppress the truth with the idea there is no evidence.
Your suppression of truth means you are incapable of perceiving truth. Evidence will do nothing for you as you do not really want it.
Besides, every time you try to appeal to absolute moral standards, you reveal your knowledge of the God you deny...
So because you - a total stranger - have prejudged my ability to evaluate evidence, you won't provide any evidence of your god's existence?

LOL

Nice cop-out.

Again, since you've never been able to prove that the god you worship is real (whichever one that is) why would his or her opinion on homosexuality be relevant?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes you a coward and a liar by your own posts.
BTW, You don't argue. You babble.
I should have never tried to tell you anything, you being a rank moron.

Reasoning with one who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to a dead man.
Jim

Barnet, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see those things as being existent.
Creationism is not trying to be an explanation, merely a childish excuse for a poor education.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm
Do you know what a Venn Diagram is ?

Google "rhetorical question" first.
Jim

Barnet, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the kids of the horny 48 year old dad that abandons his family for the 26 year old secretary.
Tell them it's the best thing.
Creationism, like many similar lies, hasn't really been able to stand the test of time.
Jim

Barnet, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm
"god" is how religious liars spell "I don't really know or care how the universe works",

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have never tried to tell you anything, you being a rank moron.
Reasoning with one who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to a dead man.
You are the one constantly contradicting yourself. That makes you mentally ill, a liar or stupid.

I'll wager on all three.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Been there many times. When my dog was young, he'd take off with other dogs and I had to run forever to get him back.
Parking can be a problem on weekends; and watch out for the runners and cyclists when you cross the path. And don't slip going down the slope to the beach.
Off to the gym.
It was a lot of fun, I gotta say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What does "Atheism" mean? 31 min Buck Crick 23
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr Patrick 388
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 10 hr richardfs 6
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 21 hr Liam R 21
Talking some sense into you people... Mon Cujo 27
Our world came from nothing? Mon Carchar king 243
Introducing The Universal Religion Mon Patrick 734
•••
•••