Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#198039 Jan 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Everyone knows that is not the reason anyone says happy holidays.
The reason is the one holiday. They don't like the name.
Play games if you like, Deadwood.
LOL

Meet the new Buck, same as the old Buck. We won't get fooled again.

(Not that we were ever fooled in the first place.)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#198040 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is right in there moron
"That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring."
You intentionally left out the post before it which talks about how a fake patriot couldn't get through the vetting process and that is what you responded to. Do you really need me to re-post it? You are going to a lot of trouble to get out of such an obvious lie. You can't possibly think its gonna work can you?
gggnope.

My post is a rebuttal to what you characterized as a "hard vetting process".

The serial adultery is part of several incidents I used to refute the hard vetting you alleged.

It says NOTHING about patriotism or lack thereof.

Then you said this:

Sombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

You lied.

Do you want me to post the entire conversation again? I can.

And it will show exactly what I'm saying now, which is, that you are wrong in claiming the vetting process is so efficient, when Clinton is on tape suborning perjury, he recieved a draft notice but failed to report, and it was common knowledge he whored around. These were not sufficiently vetted while he was running for office, and if they had been, he would have likely been held as unfit for political high office.

Once again, here is your response to that:

Skombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

You lied. In black and white.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#198041 Jan 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo's got that covered. He's the fighting patriot busy writing his Congressman, collecting signatures, or whatever it is that he imagines comprises fighting back. I expect that the democracy should be restored any day now.
Heh

Bob Dylan must have been foreshadowing the coming of Bongo when he wrote "Times They Are a Changing"

He probably wrote complains to the companies that make grocery store products too!

Not that I think it is a bad thing to write with a complaint to those in office. But one has to stay realistic about it. And i just have a feeling Bongo has a lot of time to kill and spends it trying to be contrarian or confrontational just to annoy people. He probably fights daily with the people from "I can't Believe Its Not Butter" over what belief means!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#198042 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then "In God We Trust" MUST mean that all Americans are Christians.
Or when our military swears an oath to God... They MUST be Christian, right?
How thefuck would I know?

I was born in South Korea and still a citisen.

You'll have to work that out with the ever growing secular young people in "America".

BTW, do you include Canada and Argentina when you say Americans?

Location hidden

#198043 Jan 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops.
Sorry, Skom. He got that on WSJLM.
No worries

I thought it was cute he thought he could emotionally manipulate two people smarter than him by using your words when we were fighting. I knew it would have no effect on our new peace. I did want to pat him on the head for even trying though! It was a bold effort for the little guy

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#198044 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Smart Car was a Transformer, you think it'd be gay?
Why have you never showered with the other boys?

Location hidden

#198045 Jan 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
gggnope.
My post is a rebuttal to what you characterized as a "hard vetting process".
The serial adultery is part of several incidents I used to refute the hard vetting you alleged.
It says NOTHING about patriotism or lack thereof.
Then you said this:
Sombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
You lied.
Do you want me to post the entire conversation again? I can.
And it will show exactly what I'm saying now, which is, that you are wrong in claiming the vetting process is so efficient, when Clinton is on tape suborning perjury, he recieved a draft notice but failed to report, and it was common knowledge he whored around. These were not sufficiently vetted while he was running for office, and if they had been, he would have likely been held as unfit for political high office.
Once again, here is your response to that:
Skombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
You lied. In black and white.
NO you are a liar

Which is why you intentionally broke off the sentence about the vetting and quoted it out of context so people could see what it was about

And I could go back further to show what post of yours I replied to but it isn't necessary

What was being talked about was his patriotism being vetted and you know it. it is why you gave the examples you did. You simply forgot you included your knee-jerk response about his whoring and then tried to call me a lair

Location hidden

#198046 Jan 1, 2014
Edit:

So people could NOT see what it was about

Location hidden

#198047 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Here is the part of my post you responded to you lying dumbass
Skom wrote
"Nobody who simply wanted power or money would ever want to be a president. It is a terrible job and the people with real power and real money stay clear of public service. While some of the lower levels of public service are simply opportunists, nobody that takes public service all the way to the presidency does so without loving their country. And presidents are vetted so hard that fakes don't make it through the process."
It was about how someone who really didn't love their country wouldn't make it through the vetting process. To which you gave examples of what you though was him not being patriotic, including your mention of his whoring around
Can we stop playing now or do you wanna still try to keep this up?
ggggnope.

I gave examples of why your claim about the vetting process was wrong, and you were nuts for making the claim.

I even told you that was what I was doing in the response. TWICE!

Here it is:

Buck Crick wrote:

"Presidents are vetted so hard fakes don't make it through the process??

Are you nuts? They had Clinton on tape suborning perjury while he was running the first time!

He received an induction notice, and never reported.

That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring.

And he was so vetted, a fake could not get through?"

If I had been arguing patriotism, why would I have started with suborning perjury?

That is illegal, but hard to argue as unpatriotic.

Now. Show me where I used Clinton's infidelity as an example of being unpatriotic.

Or admit you lied.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#198048 Jan 1, 2014
LuciFerr wrote:
Maybe "religious tolerance" wouldn't be so very laughable if things like this didn't happen;
http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-woman-ca...
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/12/gay-couple...
Thanks for that, Juice.

This will likely result in two reactions: It will energize the faithful - make them more outraged and indignant, possibly emboldening them to take more stands like this in the future - and the bulk of the rest of us will see that response as petty and mean-spirited.

How can that possibly be good for the Christian community? In the past, they might have succeeded in demonizing and marginalizing gays more with such a reaction. Today, they risk doing that to themselves.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#198049 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
How thefuck would I know?
I was born in South Korea and still a citisen.
You'll have to work that out with the ever growing secular young people in "America".
BTW, do you include Canada and Argentina when you say Americans?
Then how thefuck do you know what Gott Mitt Uns is all about?

Were you also born German in the 20s or 30s?

Stop with the incorrect historical preaching.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#198050 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Why have you never showered with the other boys?
There was that one public shower in county jail.

But no one was in there with me.

So I dropped the soap and nothing happened.

Location hidden

#198051 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries
I thought it was cute he thought he could emotionally manipulate two people smarter than him by using your words when we were fighting. I knew it would have no effect on our new peace. I did want to pat him on the head for even trying though! It was a bold effort for the little guy
While you are thinking of a way to get out of your lie about me and the president's patriotism, you might want to start working on this one:

SkumBogus wrote:

"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now"

Buck Crick wrote:

"Fox has straight news with Shephard Smith every day. It has straight news during the day, and news updates throughout the day, either hourly or half-hourly. On weekends, it has Chris Wallace,.."

SkumBogus wrote:

"You gave one example, Shepard Smith, on a 24 hour news station that isn't editorialized news"

Fennario

#198052 Jan 1, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Buck Crick wrote:
The cited author states a flat-out lie in the first paragraph. I stopped there.
OK.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#198054 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then "In God We Trust" MUST mean that all Americans are Christians.
Or when our military swears an oath to God... They MUST be Christian, right?
There are millions of non-Christians who believe in God

Theism does not imply Christianity.

Location hidden

#198055 Jan 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are thinking of a way to get out of your lie about me and the president's patriotism, you might want to start working on this one:
SkumBogus wrote:
"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now"
Buck Crick wrote:
"Fox has straight news with Shephard Smith every day. It has straight news during the day, and news updates throughout the day, either hourly or half-hourly. On weekends, it has Chris Wallace,.."
SkumBogus wrote:
"You gave one example, Shepard Smith, on a 24 hour news station that isn't editorialized news"
\

You are just embarrassing yourself now

I mean, more than usual

Don't pull a muscle grasping for straws 'big guy'

:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#198056 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't beat my wife or children......
You already admitted it, you pathetic coward..

Fennario

#198057 Jan 1, 2014
LuciFerr wrote:
Adding to the death toll, chrislim style.

Urgent national and international action is crucial to prevent the Central African Republic (CAR) from plunging into full-scale sectarian conflict and protect civilians, particularly women and children, from atrocities that have already killed thousands and driven 750,000 others from their homes amid reports of rape and mutilation, United Nations human rights officials have warned. "Given the serious nature of continuing violations in an environment of complete impunity, CAR is on the brink of descending into atrocity crimes," UN Special Advisor on the Prevention of Genocide Adama Dieng said over the weekend at the end of a visit to the country, where a year-long conflict has increasingly turned into violence between Christians and Muslims. "The worst case scenario can only be stopped if urgent measures are taken to stop the violence and those responsible are held accountable," added Mr. Dieng, who was accompanied on the visit by UN Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict Leila Zerrougui, and Nancee Oku Bright from the office of the Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict. CAR has been thrown into turmoil since mainly Muslim Séléka rebels launched attacks a year ago and forced President François Bozizé to flee in March. A transitional government has since been entrusted with restoring peace and paving the way for democratic elections, but armed clashes have erupted again and the mainly Christian anti-Balaka movement has taken up arms. All three officials warned of the especially disastrous effects of the conflict on children who have been killed, mutilated, subjected to sexual violence and recruited by armed groups since the beginning, and they stressed the crucial need to strengthen the capacity and resources of the UN Integrated Peacebuilding Office in CAR (BINUCA) and the UN system as a whole to ensure an adequate and efficient crisis response.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201312231878.htm...

Wonder how many people will die at the hands of 'godly' folks this year.
Christians and Muslims at war? Who are the secular humanists fighting with?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#198058 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have the courage to not only raise my kids, but take full custody of them...
I pity your children, They would be better off with you out of their life.

Location hidden

#198059 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
Edit:
So people could NOT see what it was about
You lied about what it was about.

Here is the entire exchange:

Skombolis wrote

"Nobody who simply wanted power or money would ever want to be a president. It is a terrible job and the people with real power and real money stay clear of public service. While some of the lower levels of public service are simply opportunists, nobody that takes public service all the way to the presidency does so without loving their country. And presidents are vetted so hard that fakes don't make it through the process."

Buck Crick wrote:

" Presidents are vetted so hard fakes don't make it through the process??

Are you nuts? They had Clinton on tape suborning perjury while he was running the first time!

He received an induction notice, and never reported.

That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring.

And he was so vetted, a fake could not get through?"

And here is your accusation that followed:

Skombolis wrote:

"I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

So where is my claim that sleeping around is an example of being unpatriotic?

Nowhere.

You lied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 min Even Steven 1,042
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 6 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 6 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 17 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 hr Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE