Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
189,881 - 189,900 of 224,164 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He took down a pretty tough cookie on the way to the top.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K0nglxms6Lw/TOXXHrp...
Bend over Keebler.

I always wondered where they got those chips.

That's uncommonly rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

LuciFerr wrote:
Happy New Year sooky christians! Try to cry less this year :)
Eagle thinks that "folks are getting a little tired of the unjust finger pointing" and might be amping it up. I think he's right.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

I find it interesting that you douche bags love making word salad. Must make it taste better when you end up eating your own words.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is not only one holiday left.
Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God: 1 January
Saint Basil's Day: 1 January
Twelfth Night: Epiphany Eve: 5 January
Epiphany: 6 January
Armenian Apostolic Christmas: 6 January
Imbolc: 1 February
Candlemas: 2 February
Hedgehog Day: 2 February
Lupercalia, 15 February
Valentine's Day: 14 February

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You really expect anyone to believe that has anything to do with avoidance of the Christmas greeting?
New Year's Day: 1 January
Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God: 1 January
Saint Basil's Day: 1 January
Twelfth Night: Epiphany Eve: 5 January
Epiphany: 6 January
Armenian Apostolic Christmas: 6 January
Imbolc: 1 February
Candlemas: 2 February
Hedgehog Day: 2 February
Lupercalial - 15 February
Valentine's Day: 14 February
Valentine's Day is a cultural and Christian holiday.

I can't wait to wish everyone a Happy Holiday this February 14th.

Don't wanna go insulting anyone, you know.....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I decided to copy some things people write. Here we go:
Skombolis wrote:
"And presidents are vetted so hard that fakes don't make it through the process."
Buck Crick wrote:
" Presidents are vetted so hard fakes don't make it through the process??
Are you nuts? They had Clinton on tape suborning perjury while he was running the first time!
He received an induction notice, and never reported.
That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring.
And he was so vetted, a fake could not get through?"
SkumBogus wrote:
"I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
Where is it, Skom?
It is right in there moron

"That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring."

You intentionally left out the post before it which talks about how a fake patriot couldn't get through the vetting process and that is what you responded to. Do you really need me to re-post it? You are going to a lot of trouble to get out of such an obvious lie. You can't possibly think its gonna work can you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I decided to copy some things people write. Here we go:
Skombolis wrote:
"And presidents are vetted so hard that fakes don't make it through the process."
Buck Crick wrote:
" Presidents are vetted so hard fakes don't make it through the process??
Are you nuts? They had Clinton on tape suborning perjury while he was running the first time!
He received an induction notice, and never reported.
That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring.
And he was so vetted, a fake could not get through?"
SkumBogus wrote:
"I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
Where is it, Skom?
LOL

Here is the part of my post you responded to you lying dumbass

Skom wrote

"Nobody who simply wanted power or money would ever want to be a president. It is a terrible job and the people with real power and real money stay clear of public service. While some of the lower levels of public service are simply opportunists, nobody that takes public service all the way to the presidency does so without loving their country. And presidents are vetted so hard that fakes don't make it through the process."

It was about how someone who really didn't love their country wouldn't make it through the vetting process. To which you gave examples of what you though was him not being patriotic, including your mention of his whoring around

Can we stop playing now or do you wanna still try to keep this up?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mao just didn't know how to farm.
Stalin lost a lot of people defending the land from the Christian Hitler. Millions dead because the Christian Hitler tried to invade Russia.
It was in service of Teh God.
Gott mit uns
Yep.
Then "In God We Trust" MUST mean that all Americans are Christians.

Or when our military swears an oath to God... They MUST be Christian, right?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Atta boy! Make sure everybody knows how victimized you feel - how unfair people are to criticize Christian homophobia.
Christians fear the extinct and extant species of humans?

If we were to make the ridiculous assumption that the term "homophobic" means anything,...

What term describes Christians who are not homophobic, but voice the opinion that homosexual sex is wrong or immoral?

How would such a person relate their view without being labeled "homophobic"?

That seems problematic. Is it not true that the phony term "homophobic" actually means nothing except a way to marginalize anyone who resists accepting homosexuality as acceptable on moral and religious grounds?

If so, then it is a term charged with moral judgement, which is the same activity implied as worthy of impugning by its usage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
At least I don't beat my wife and children like you did.
I didn't beat my wife or children.

You're lying.

What's new.

At least I have the courage to not only raise my kids, but take full custody of them.

What did you do?

You ran.

Coward.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
World History.
Hope this is helpful.
You wanna' play games, I'll play.
I'm not sure you're up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Roll Tide

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit one of my faults is not reading every post from everybody.
I ask for forgiveness.[taking hat off]
I have to admit, I wasn't sure how or if you would respond

I had read enough from you that I thought it was possible you hadn't read all the exchanges. I am glad that was case. I don't pretend to be anything I am not but at the same time I will almost always reply in kind. I start civil and never take it from there until someone else does. After that, well it becomes whatever it becomes

No forgiveness is necessary. Mistakes don't bother me. But thank you for asking.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians fear the extinct and extant species of humans?
If we were to make the ridiculous assumption that the term "homophobic" means anything,...
What term describes Christians who are not homophobic, but voice the opinion that homosexual sex is wrong or immoral?
How would such a person relate their view without being labeled "homophobic"?
That seems problematic. Is it not true that the phony term "homophobic" actually means nothing except a way to marginalize anyone who resists accepting homosexuality as acceptable on moral and religious grounds?
If so, then it is a term charged with moral judgement, which is the same activity implied as worthy of impugning by its usage.
If a Smart Car was a Transformer, you think it'd be gay?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Blessed be the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Blessed be his Son, Cheese's Crust, born of Mother Marinara. How grated thou art!
Blessed be He who has come to bring salivation to all men, who was brought down by the giant twirling fork and unceremoniously flung onto a wall where he dried for our sins.
Buck Crick wrote:
That reduces the discourse ...
I thought that it elevated the discourse. It's funny rather than angry or whiny.

Is anybody offended by it? Certainly not Eagle.He thinks that people are already too sensitive to people expressing themselves, especially good-hearted white folk like me..
Buck Crick wrote:
... and makes atheists appear unserious and snarky.
It's comedy, and yes, it is snarky. The Flying Spaghetti Monster was conceived in snark - a response to the Kansas School Board
http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
Buck Crick wrote:
One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the orangutan was reading two books - the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species. Surprised, he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books?" "Well," said the orangutan, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."
That's clever.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Everyone knows that is not the reason anyone says happy holidays.
The reason is the one holiday. They don't like the name.
Play games if you like, Deadwood.
LOL

Meet the new Buck, same as the old Buck. We won't get fooled again.

(Not that we were ever fooled in the first place.)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is right in there moron
"That's not even considering the common knowledge of his whoring."
You intentionally left out the post before it which talks about how a fake patriot couldn't get through the vetting process and that is what you responded to. Do you really need me to re-post it? You are going to a lot of trouble to get out of such an obvious lie. You can't possibly think its gonna work can you?
gggnope.

My post is a rebuttal to what you characterized as a "hard vetting process".

The serial adultery is part of several incidents I used to refute the hard vetting you alleged.

It says NOTHING about patriotism or lack thereof.

Then you said this:

Sombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

You lied.

Do you want me to post the entire conversation again? I can.

And it will show exactly what I'm saying now, which is, that you are wrong in claiming the vetting process is so efficient, when Clinton is on tape suborning perjury, he recieved a draft notice but failed to report, and it was common knowledge he whored around. These were not sufficiently vetted while he was running for office, and if they had been, he would have likely been held as unfit for political high office.

Once again, here is your response to that:

Skombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

You lied. In black and white.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bongo's got that covered. He's the fighting patriot busy writing his Congressman, collecting signatures, or whatever it is that he imagines comprises fighting back. I expect that the democracy should be restored any day now.
Heh

Bob Dylan must have been foreshadowing the coming of Bongo when he wrote "Times They Are a Changing"

He probably wrote complains to the companies that make grocery store products too!

Not that I think it is a bad thing to write with a complaint to those in office. But one has to stay realistic about it. And i just have a feeling Bongo has a lot of time to kill and spends it trying to be contrarian or confrontational just to annoy people. He probably fights daily with the people from "I can't Believe Its Not Butter" over what belief means!

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then "In God We Trust" MUST mean that all Americans are Christians.
Or when our military swears an oath to God... They MUST be Christian, right?
How thefuck would I know?

I was born in South Korea and still a citisen.

You'll have to work that out with the ever growing secular young people in "America".

BTW, do you include Canada and Argentina when you say Americans?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oops.
Sorry, Skom. He got that on WSJLM.
No worries

I thought it was cute he thought he could emotionally manipulate two people smarter than him by using your words when we were fighting. I knew it would have no effect on our new peace. I did want to pat him on the head for even trying though! It was a bold effort for the little guy

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Smart Car was a Transformer, you think it'd be gay?
Why have you never showered with the other boys?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
gggnope.
My post is a rebuttal to what you characterized as a "hard vetting process".
The serial adultery is part of several incidents I used to refute the hard vetting you alleged.
It says NOTHING about patriotism or lack thereof.
Then you said this:
Sombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
You lied.
Do you want me to post the entire conversation again? I can.
And it will show exactly what I'm saying now, which is, that you are wrong in claiming the vetting process is so efficient, when Clinton is on tape suborning perjury, he recieved a draft notice but failed to report, and it was common knowledge he whored around. These were not sufficiently vetted while he was running for office, and if they had been, he would have likely been held as unfit for political high office.
Once again, here is your response to that:
Skombolis: "I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
You lied. In black and white.
NO you are a liar

Which is why you intentionally broke off the sentence about the vetting and quoted it out of context so people could see what it was about

And I could go back further to show what post of yours I replied to but it isn't necessary

What was being talked about was his patriotism being vetted and you know it. it is why you gave the examples you did. You simply forgot you included your knee-jerk response about his whoring and then tried to call me a lair

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Igor Trip 21,393
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 217
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 13 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 15 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••