Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#198096 Jan 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
That word always makes me think of a bunch of chooks flapping around, making a fuss. Then their feathers fly everywhere.
I just learned a little more Aussie slang.

Chuke is a derogatory term for Mexicans in America, short for pachuco.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#198097 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Such a clown
We were not talking about whether someone qualified can be president. We were talking about whether all presidents were patriots. That was the context. And it was clear that is what was being addressed as it relates to presidents being vetted.
A fake what wouldn't wouldn't make it through the vetting process? A fake patriot wouldn't. Someone who didn't love their country would be exposed during the vetting process.
And while I know you are a dumbass you aren't this stupid. Which is why you quoted me out of context. Who do you think you are fooling?
I was specific and clear. I responded to your vetting claim.

Incidentally, how would you vet someone's patriotism if they faked it?

The actions of a patriot and a fake patriot would be similar - that's what faking patriotism means - making your actions similar to a patriot.

How do you vet that?

Nevertheless, you made a false accusation.

I do not think extramarital affairs are examples of lacking patriotism. I never said anything that can rightly be construed as such.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#198098 Jan 1, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Such a clown
We were not talking about whether someone qualified can be president. We were talking about whether all presidents were patriots. That was the context. And it was clear that is what was being addressed as it relates to presidents being vetted.
A fake what wouldn't wouldn't make it through the vetting process? A fake patriot wouldn't. Someone who didn't love their country would be exposed during the vetting process.
And while I know you are a dumbass you aren't this stupid. Which is why you quoted me out of context. Who do you think you are fooling?
Uh, we have a fake as potus right now. I know you won't agree with that but many do. I agree questions if one is a patriot or not is a no win situation. No doubt in my mind when President Obama in his own words call some of us "tea baggers" there is zero question in my mind his heart is filled with hate toward some of the citizens of this nation. No point in listing the endless examples of his disdain. He is the President and my President and I consider him a fake, an insincere person in any way it can be measured. Does he love the nation? Sure parts of it. Do I think he loves me? Nope. When he and many of his supporters with smears call me a terrorist and need to be watched not feeling love. Btw, that is a lie.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198099 Jan 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I just learned a little more Aussie slang.
Chuke is a derogatory term for Mexicans in America, short for pachuco.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Is there any name for Mexicans that is not derogatory?

I know "Mexican" is derogatory.

Safety Harbor, FL

#198100 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year, Chris.
:-)
Wait, there's a Jesus forum?
Never mind. I was confusing forum with colosseum.
Back at ya River.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#198101 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
But you act all clueless about "In God We Trust" or the fact that American military personnel swear an oath to God.
Being a Korean isn't a good enough excuse to claim to understand old Germany and not understand current America.
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
You're claiming that "Gott Mitt Uns" means all German military were Christians and everything they did was "in the name of God".
You've just been called out.
No more than you.

Do you really believe that all the men and women that stand and fight for this country are Christians?

They're not.

I don't know the oath. I've never been in the military and I don't believe for a second that they have to proclaim their trust in a god to be a part of it.

I know this government does a lot of stupid things but that would be right on top for me.

Are you saying that people who won't say they're Christians can't be in the military?

Are you really saying that?

I'm serious now. I'm not just fuckinwith Buck. Mia is puking in the bathroom right now.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198102 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
I think that's where Ben was going.
Do you consider the people of Canada and Argentina to be Americans?
First, do you consider them to be people?

Fennario

#198103 Jan 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
What made me so wild about what Charles Worley said, is that I know the history. Gay men were indeed put behind barbed wire by the Nazis and sent to concentration camps. They were not systematically exterminated like the Jews, but were very badly treated and many were worked to death.
http://www.thepinktriangle.com/history/symbol...
http://www.hardenet.com/homocaust/pinktriangl...
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
Some religious fanatics would love to bring back those days. Or even earlier, when good Xians burned them @ the stake. That's the origin of the expression f****t.
People like him seem to want to bring back those days...
"I… figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers, but I couldn’t get it past the Congress. Build a great big large fence, hundred… fifty or a hundred-mile long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified till they can’t get out. Feed ‘em and… and you know what, in a few years they’ll die out. D’you know why? They can’t reproduce." - Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina

I would suggest that he do an experiment: Put 100 Christian women in a pen surrounded by an electrified fence, and 100 Christian men in another. Then take 100 lesbians and 100 gay men and put them together in another pen. Then see who reproduces.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198104 Jan 1, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, we have a fake as potus right now. I know you won't agree with that but many do. I agree questions if one is a patriot or not is a no win situation. No doubt in my mind when President Obama in his own words call some of us "tea baggers" there is zero question in my mind his heart is filled with hate toward some of the citizens of this nation. No point in listing the endless examples of his disdain. He is the President and my President and I consider him a fake, an insincere person in any way it can be measured. Does he love the nation? Sure parts of it. Do I think he loves me? Nope. When he and many of his supporters with smears call me a terrorist and need to be watched not feeling love. Btw, that is a lie.
You are correct - Obama is not a patriot.

He was also not vetted.

He is an anti-western, anti-American Marxist radical. The political mafia of Chicago stuffed an empty shirt with him and stood him up in front of a teleprompter.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#198105 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>
"I… figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers, but I couldn’t get it past the Congress. Build a great big large fence, hundred… fifty or a hundred-mile long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified till they can’t get out. Feed ‘em and… and you know what, in a few years they’ll die out. D’you know why? They can’t reproduce." - Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina
I would suggest that he do an experiment: Put 100 Christian women in a pen surrounded by an electrified fence, and 100 Christian men in another. Then take 100 lesbians and 100 gay men and put them together in another pen. Then see who reproduces.
Or just put a fence around San Francisco....

...please.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#198106 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya.
They talk about lawn mowers, weed eaters and various gardening tips.
Also, they best way to warm a tortilla out in the field.
Interesting stuff.
Duhhhhhhh

Everybody knows the best way to warm a tortilla.

Have you seen my microwave?

Fennario

#198107 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Teh God has declared war on zygotes.
Buck Crick wrote:
What do you recommend we do about that?
Ameoba-Americans are the last group to get the respect they deserve. Each one should be given the full rights of a citizen, including the right to bear arms, which I think begin to appear in the seventh week.

[Still laughing]
LCNin

United States

#198108 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>

Charles L. Worley seems an idiot!

Kind of person one avoids when possible!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#198109 Jan 1, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to be fair, would your characterization s of the president be any better than his of you? Although I would be surprised if you could find something that quotes him calling people 'teabaggers'. And he has been called everything from a secret Muslim to a traitor who got into office so he could carry out his plan to destroy the country to being compared to Hitler. And that's from other elected officials as well as citizens

Obviously people will have those they consider political allies and enemies

But I think you do touch on something important and that is it does make me question claims of patriotism by those who engage in hate speech and rhetoric and call others traitors and enemies of state because they disagree with their policies. People should be able to have opposing ideologies and still acknowledge there are different ways to try to achieve the same ends. We can criticize policies and ideologies without trying to return to the days of McCarthyism

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#198110 Jan 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you consider them to be people?
RiversideRednecks?

Kinda

Fennario

#198111 Jan 1, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Dave , If you can muster up your 2nd wind and expend the work, study and rigor, the combined knowledge you would exude may have these topix characters flabberghasted.
I would be the first to praise him if he did, but we both know that isn't going to happen. Dave learns from strings, twigs, and magnets, not books. He has no respect for book learnin'.

Safety Harbor, FL

#198112 Jan 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct - Obama is not a patriot.
He was also not vetted.
He is an anti-western, anti-American Marxist radical. The political mafia of Chicago stuffed an empty shirt with him and stood him up in front of a teleprompter.
Some of my family on my wife's side lives in Chicago. No better example to see how messed up the nation is. A girl that performed at Obama's inauguration was shot in the back days latter. In a city that is a shining example of more and tougher gun laws that do nothing. But year lets rant about Rush or whoever the lefts' bogyman is today.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#198113 Jan 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh c'mon, Skom.
Are you and Buck gonna go toe to toe, calling names and defending what you didn't say for a year like you & IANS did?
You can drop it. You can let it go.
Let's talk about a one world government, like Tide brought up.
He continues to call me a liar for what is at best case scenario his failure to take context into consideration when he replied to a post. Do you often allow bogus challenges to your credibility slide?

But I will drop it if only because it will only be redundant at this point.

I haven't read Tide's post yet. I just took a break from shoveling and am reading a few posts while having a smoke. I will look into the other discussion when I get back

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#198114 Jan 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
No more than you.
Do you really believe that all the men and women that stand and fight for this country are Christians?
They're not.
I agree.

But you must also acknowledge that just because German military had God on their belt buckles does not mean they were Christians. It's not like they got to pick out their wardrobe.
I don't know the oath. I've never been in the military and I don't believe for a second that they have to proclaim their trust in a god to be a part of it.
It's called the Oath of Enlistment. It has a proud history.

"I,_____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
I know this government does a lot of stupid things but that would be right on top for me.
Are you saying that people who won't say they're Christians can't be in the military?
Are you really saying that?
I'm serious now. I'm not just fuckinwith Buck. Mia is puking in the bathroom right now.
No, I'm not saying that at all.

Hey, the least you could do is hold her hair back while she pukes.

C'mon, man. What happened to chivalry?

Fennario

#198116 Jan 1, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Theres something on your nose, heres some papel higiénico .
Happy New Year, Bongo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 2 hr dollarsbill 5,079
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Subduction Zone 85,704
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 17 hr Eagle 12 - 115
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web