Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197793 Dec 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, RR, but I call BS on this.
You are just upset because you feel your Christian privileged is being undermined.
Merry Christmas is still Merry Christmas. But the problem with Merry Christmas is it excludes all those other holidays and emphasizes Christianity and nothing else.
Happy Holidays INCLUDES Christmas and all the others. It shows tolerance of the diversity of religions (and secular viewpoints as well) rather than being exclusive like Merry Christmas is. Happy Holidays is just an admission that our country is a melting pot of religions as well as ethnic backgrounds.
If YOU want to say Merry Christmas, go right ahead. No one is trying to stop you. But there are some that realize there are other people out there other than Christians. They want to be tolerant and inclusive and have started saying Happy Holidays since Christmas isn't the only holiday around the winter solstice.
BTW...it is Christmas warriors like you the have gotten me to STOP saying Merry Christmas. If you had kept your traps shut, I would still be using Merry Christmas as my default holiday greeting.
Christians aren't upset about someone who chooses to say "Happy Holidays"

They are upset by those who are told by their employer they have to

Or because in most cases it is a knee-jerk political correctness in a culture that has become so ridiculously soft that nobody can say anything any more without it supposedly offending or ostracizing someone. RR actually gave me the example of having to call "blackboards" what they have always been called, they have to be called "chalkboards" now

If someone decided on their own, "Hey I want to be more inclusive in my holiday greetings as I think that would be a nicer thing to do" then I would say "hey it's a free country. Do what you think is best"

But that isn't what is going on. People are doing it to avoid complaints as a marketing strategy or being forced to do it. So on top of everything else, it isn't even genuine., I hate any form of bigotry but i will also say the political correctness has gone way overboard in this country

JMO

(T) Peace

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197794 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are one useless poster
And I say that on Topix where you really have to be useless to stand out
I am surprised you gave yourself a clown name
Not because it doesn't fit but simply because I didn't think you would have the self-awareness
Hey at least you know what you are
You probably have a "proud to troll" T-shirt
You are LESS than useless, E Bolus.

Saying nothing, being useless, is better than the liberal hack-sandwiches you post.

Bongo is far from naive enough to let your opinion matter to him.

Also not naive enough to think all president's are vetted so thoroughly, we cannot get a fake patriot.

Did you ever hear if Slick Willie found his draft notice?

Better put some ice on that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#197795 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, read slower and smarter dummy
"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now" is what I said
You do know the difference between "all" and "almost" right?
Wow it has two people that aren't ideologues and one person who actually gives the news the way it is supposed on a 24 hour news station
And I pointed out they don't tell jokes in my first reply. I said, "At least not intentionally"
seriously for a guy that is always trying to tell anyone that will listen how smart he is, you are all packaging and no substance
You may be the most articulate dumbfuck I have ever come across
Does it actually fool anyone?
I guess you are one of those who elevate yourself by stepping on others?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#197796 Dec 31, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I prepare for you before new year,glass of Champign
made from cow urines mixed with rabbit feces to make fermentations and bubbles,
you poor disguisting creature like like filthy fallen morally human,
I told you,
you can ban your past stupid husband like you and your kids,
for sure not Dr Shrink
I fart at your wicked abominable ugly rat face
Still better than Bucky duck, cheers Shrinkie dinkie doo doo :)

I'd just like to thank you and all your christian pals for all the great work y'all do here.

***See kids?***
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#197797 Dec 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what we have been telling you religitards for centuries.
Now! Where is the proof your deity exists anywhere but in your feeble mind ?
Now, where's the proof that God doesn't exists anywhere but in your feeble mind ?

Location hidden

#197798 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are LESS than useless, E Bolus.
Saying nothing, being useless, is better than the liberal hack-sandwiches you post.
Bongo is far from naive enough to let your opinion matter to him.
Also not naive enough to think all president's are vetted so thoroughly, we cannot get a fake patriot.
Did you ever hear if Slick Willie found his draft notice?
Better put some ice on that.
Wow, you turned my name "skombolis" into "E Bolus"

Maybe you are smarter than I thought?

Tell ya what, why don't you give me a list of the non-patriotic presidents we have had so far

I mean, I am sure you are not just a partisan whack-job so far down the road of propaganda and rhetoric that you can't even separate truth from bullshit any more, even your own, but let's test it anyway

Who were the unpatriotic presidents? Was it just Clinton?

I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife. So I am looking forward to bot only your answers but your proofs

Location hidden

#197799 Dec 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just upset because you feel your Christian privileged is being undermined.
Merry Christmas is still Merry Christmas. But the problem with Merry Christmas is it excludes all those other holidays and emphasizes Christianity and nothing else.
Happy Holidays INCLUDES Christmas and all the others. It shows tolerance of the diversity of religions (and secular viewpoints as well) rather than being exclusive like Merry Christmas is. Happy Holidays is just an admission that our country is a melting pot of religions as well as ethnic backgrounds.
If YOU want to say Merry Christmas, go right ahead. No one is trying to stop you. But there are some that realize there are other people out there other than Christians. They want to be tolerant and inclusive and have started saying Happy Holidays since Christmas isn't the only holiday around the winter solstice.
BTW...it is Christmas warriors like you the have gotten me to STOP saying Merry Christmas. If you had kept your traps shut, I would still be using Merry Christmas as my default holiday greeting.
Let me get this straight.

When you are talking to a non-christian, you feel the need to call the holiday named "Christmas" something other than its name, which is "Christmas".

So when you are talking to a non-Jewish person, and the subject of Hannukah comes up, you would call it,...what,..."Happy Multiple Candles"?

Do you ever have trouble keeping all the bull shit in your head straight, Deadwood?

The only people being slighted when a Christmas greeting is given are Christians, if some dumbass like you calls the holiday something other than its name.

You got that, Fuckwit?

The only people slighted by a Christmas greeting - ever - in history - are Christians.

Location hidden

#197800 Dec 31, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't be such a hypocrite

Buck engaged me and started with the insults. Which are still prevalent in the post i responded too

You lose all credibility when you do things like that

Perhaps you have not read the exchanges from the beginning or even the post I replied to?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197801 Dec 31, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right redneck, I have knowledge that alleged gods, to date, are exactly that.
Nothing. Less than air.
Happy New Year!
Also, beer sucks.
The evidence Luci has is....

...wait for it...

Dun Dun DUNNNNN....

.nothing.

o.O

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197802 Dec 31, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Happy New Year redneck!
You're not happy are you? Sad face.
Merry Holiday, Luci.

Location hidden

#197803 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, read slower and smarter dummy
"Almost all of Fox News is editorials now" is what I said
You do know the difference between "all" and "almost" right?
Wow it has two people that aren't ideologues and one person who actually gives the news the way it is supposed on a 24 hour news station
And I pointed out they don't tell jokes in my first reply. I said, "At least not intentionally"
seriously for a guy that is always trying to tell anyone that will listen how smart he is, you are all packaging and no substance
You may be the most articulate dumbfuck I have ever come across
Does it actually fool anyone?
Excuse me for taking "almost all" to mean "almost all".

It's a lie now, and it was a lie when you said it the first time.

As I pointed out by highlighting just a few of the non-editorial shows and segments.

You're stepping out of your league here, Skom.

Better than you have tried this liberal crap with me.

Please persist. I'm starting to want you nailed to a door.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197804 Dec 31, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me are that you are that insecure that you resent others when they realize the United States is a MELTING POT, full of a diverse group of cultures and religions?
There are many religions in America, so why not be all inclusive and allow others to say Happy Holidays.
Saying Happy Holidays is all inclusive, respectful of Christians, Jews, and all others.
Merry Christmas isn't, plain and simple.
The people that say Happy Holidays are inclusive, it includes Hanukkah, Kwanza, Saturnalia and all other holidays that occur this time of year
Hanukkah and kwanza aren't on the same day as Christmas.

On those days, feel free to wish the Jews a Happy Hanukkah and whoever a Happy Kwanza.

No one celebrates Saturnalia anymore.

But I suppose you could pray to the ancient Romans....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197805 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Looting is one of the longing running cons in this country
"I am um..mad about this thing that happened. And to express my outrage I am going to steal this big flat-screen TV for my living room"
Like you said, some people just wait for an excuse
In the Watts riots, the infamous 'race riots' there were blacks and whites looting together.
Ya, I know. My dumb ass older brother was there.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197806 Dec 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame it all on my roots...

I showed up in boots...

And ruined her black tie affair.

Location hidden

#197807 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you turned my name "skombolis" into "E Bolus"
Maybe you are smarter than I thought?
Tell ya what, why don't you give me a list of the non-patriotic presidents we have had so far
I mean, I am sure you are not just a partisan whack-job so far down the road of propaganda and rhetoric that you can't even separate truth from bullshit any more, even your own, but let's test it anyway
Who were the unpatriotic presidents? Was it just Clinton?
I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife. So I am looking forward to bot only your answers but your proofs
ScumBolus wrote:

"I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."

You are a bald-faced liar.

No. That's not what happened.

Nowhere did I give his sleeping around as an example of lack of patriotism.

You said it - you produce it.

Paste the post where I did that, or admit you are a bald-faced liar.

No, you know. Forget it.

Everyone who just read this post knows you are a liar now.

The job is done.

Have a Happy Day That Comes a Week After Christmas.

Moron.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197808 Dec 31, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
If I stood on Buck's shoulders, I'd be 12' 10".

But I still couldn't play basketball.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197809 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Christians aren't upset about someone who chooses to say "Happy Holidays"
They are upset by those who are told by their employer they have to
Or because in most cases it is a knee-jerk political correctness in a culture that has become so ridiculously soft that nobody can say anything any more without it supposedly offending or ostracizing someone. RR actually gave me the example of having to call "blackboards" what they have always been called, they have to be called "chalkboards" now
If someone decided on their own, "Hey I want to be more inclusive in my holiday greetings as I think that would be a nicer thing to do" then I would say "hey it's a free country. Do what you think is best"
But that isn't what is going on. People are doing it to avoid complaints as a marketing strategy or being forced to do it. So on top of everything else, it isn't even genuine., I hate any form of bigotry but i will also say the political correctness has gone way overboard in this country
JMO
(T) Peace
Remember the man-hole covers? Lol

Christmas isn't good for business.

Santa and "Holiday" are.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#197810 Dec 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey at least you know what you are
You probably have a "proud to troll" T-shirt
Skomby, you have a Vonnegut t shirt and didn't even know who he was. Your posts are as mind numbing as your mind numbing and soul crushing career . Your mind and body addled even more by consuming microwave goodness daily. To your credit you have taken jail house classes of booked on phonics.

Location hidden

#197811 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for taking "almost all" to mean "almost all".
It's a lie now, and it was a lie when you said it the first time.
As I pointed out by highlighting just a few of the non-editorial shows and segments.
You're stepping out of your league here, Skom.
Better than you have tried this liberal crap with me.
Please persist. I'm starting to want you nailed to a door.
LOL

You gave one example, Shepard Smith, on a 24 hour news station that isn't editorialized news

And whether or not someone is an ideologue doesn't have anything to do with the point that it is editorialized

If you think one example to the contrary disproves "almost all" you have already swayed me back that you are as stupid as I thought. I mean the name thing was clever but this was beyond retarded.

And you seem to have a very poor grasp on what constitutes a lie

But thanks for the warning. I am just grateful I am safe where you and your tiny dick that causes you overcompensate so much with the constant self-puffery and posts about how tough and intimidating you are can't do me any physical harm! Whew, that is a relief. And as scary as it sounds, I think I will continue to respond if you persist it making stupid posts to me distorting what I said

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197812 Dec 31, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
ScumBolus wrote:
"I mean you already gave a great example of how unpatriotic he is because he slept around on his wife."
You are a bald-faced liar.
No. That's not what happened.
Nowhere did I give his sleeping around as an example of lack of patriotism.
You said it - you produce it.
Paste the post where I did that, or admit you are a bald-faced liar.
No, you know. Forget it.
Everyone who just read this post knows you are a liar now.
The job is done.
Have a Happy Day That Comes a Week After Christmas.
Moron.
No, no, no.

You have to be tolerant.

**have to**

Happy Holiday that happens to be Jan 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 75,685
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Frindly 32,060
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Regolith Based Li... 4,084
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 9 hr Brendatucker 232
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr Subduction Zone 6,112
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) Tue John 164
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Tue Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web