Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197429 Dec 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all of Fox News is editorials now where they take news clips and then some host gives their opinion
Explain to me the difference
You don't watch Fox News much, do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197430 Dec 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I'm pretty sure he meant a fortune cookie..........
Oh.

Some people find happiness at the bottom of the bottle.

I find sadness.

Because the bottle's empty.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#197431 Dec 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I can accept that. Can you accept the fact My experience with Catcher has been different then yours and has led me to my conclusion?
Indeed. As has mine. When he posted "thank God your and your wife don't have children" I saw what poor excuse for a man he was. He is exactly what he claims to stand against, a raging bigot. Its fine in his mind because its Christians and the right he hates. I pity him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197432 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. the foundation of all Abraham religions is rooted in shame and fear, the opposite of freedom ..
.. the god within you will recognize the god within others ..
.. I recognize the god within Catcher, an atheist attorney in this forum. He's going to be angry with me but here goes ..
.. recently Pay Pal screwed our Animal Rescue Center out of $60 by claiming identity theft. It was well within their rights because I signed a contract agreeing to their terms. Funny thing? Catcher gave me his American Express card number and told me he wanted to donate $60 to our fight for animal rights ..
.. for me, that signifies true spirituality, a consciousness of everything around him. So, my god easily recognizes his god ..
.. Bongo? Not so much. He wants me to feel shame instead of freedom. My god doesn't recognize his god but through prayer (a form of meditation), my resentment will disappear. His resentment will continue by referring to me as an un-nature woman with gender confusion ..
.. would you like to see my scarf collection? I have long ones, short ones, black ones, pink ones . They'll teach you about surrender ..
Catcher did that?

wait, Catcher?!@

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197433 Dec 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I tired otherwise and was punished for it. Let me share a couple of anecdotes about what happens when you try to do the right thing in medicine in America.
[1] I used to do disability exams for the state of Missouri. One patient I saw was a 35-40 year old mother of several children with severe deforming rheumatoid arthritis. This is what that looks like: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-C...
It is possible to prevent that nowadays thanks to one of the many miracles of modern therapeutics, a class of drugs called DMARDs, which prevent the deformity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifyin ...
I reviewed her medical records. She had been under the care of a physician in my region for the last ten years, who rotated between ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen (Alleve), which only treat pain, but do not modify the natural course of the disease like the DMARDS do. That was gross negligence. With tears in my eyes, I reported him to the state. He was a danger to the community. The only result was that they told him about my complaint. They did not discipline him or attempt to impose remedial training on him.
[2] A few years later, I was referred a woman with fulminating gangrene of the foot from her podiatrist, who had treated the problem inadequately - negligently by my standards. He only referred her because on the day that he referred her, she was almost dead. She was a diabetic in crisis (diabetic ketoacidosis).
I admitted her to the ICU withing the hour. I ordered IV Trovan as my antibiotic and the hospital pharmacist substituted Levaquin - a drug in the same class (a quinolone) but not equivalent in this setting.
They also failed to shoot the X-rays I ordered, and effed up the IV insulin I ordered. She lost the leg before the weekend was through, in part because of incompetence of the podiatrist, and in the part because of the hospital. I went to the family. told them about it, advised them to get an attorney, and offered to be a witness on their behalf at no charge. Nevertheless, they sued me and everybody else.
I got advance notice from the surgeon who had just been served that I was next. I was shocked at the betrayal. I knew that once I had been served, I would be prevented from speaking to the family, so I raced to their home before the process server arrived. They told me that somebody had to pay, and they didn't care who. Did I mention that he patient's husband was a preacher?
I was eventually dropped from the case for a $25,000 payment from my malpractice insurer, because I had done nothing inappropriate. Plaintiffs can always get that much, even in frivolous lawsuits. What the hell, huh? Twenty-five grand is twenty-five grand whatever you have to do to get it, right?
The podiatrist and the hospital both blamed me for the lawsuit, and neither was too happy with my forthrightness. The hospital retaliated. That is another story, longer and more painful than either of the two above. Not surprisingly, I never did anything like either of those things again.
Now you know.
Preacher's family.

Makes perfect sense.

The most crooked profession I have ever dealt with.

That includes crack dealers, prostitutes, and lawyers.

Pardon the redundancy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#197434 Dec 30, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197435 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Fine. I'll make cookies.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I'd prefer lobster ..
Lobster cookies?!?

That's like, totally ew.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#197436 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Bret Baier and find it tad better than what to me seems close to the state run press of nbc/ cbs/ abc.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#197437 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I wasn't being serious. But if it's about pride, gay pride, why the nudity? What does that have to do with it, especially in public?
FEW Christians act the way they're presented here on Topix.
That's my point.
I'm sick of the anti-Christian bigotry.
Don't hold your breath. We haven't seen anything yet. I say bring it on. At least in this nation I'm thankful everyone gets a say no matter if we agree or not. I do fear the times we live in when a President, any President suggests what media to watch and uses the power of the office to influence certain voices to be silent. To that I say go to hell. As long as I can speak I will.

Location hidden

#197438 Dec 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the oceanic consciousness heads up. I liked that. I interpret its significance differently, but was glad to learn about it.
Gospel of Thomas:

Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live."

Jesus said, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the Kingdom"

Oceanic consciousness - connected with everything.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197439 Dec 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Biologically you are a man posing as a woman.
But go ahead and play the part of a woman if you will.
Just so everyone knows, she’s a hemale. Alias “Catcher1.”
Weird, just too weird for me. But whatever floats your boat.
At least shave under those hairy arms and cut those cables coming out of your nose.[tipping hat].
.. kinda knew sooner or later someone would claim I'm a shemale ..

.. that calls for a squarin' off place. I'd prefer mud wrestling, OK ??..

.. do you want me to let my armpit hair grow so you can shave it after I employ my sacrificial scarf technique and you surrender ??..

.. you don't recognize the difference between male and female energy. You stomp words, I caress them ..

.. Rider is Bongo's and your spiritual superior ..

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#197440 Dec 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Strange I have yet to see what you speak of. Next year I will mark my 10th year as a Christian. Been to quite a few churches and can say in those 10 years I've met exactly zero Christians that act the same and get upset (to the point of most of the people ranting in this forum that aren't Christian) when the gospel is rejected. When I witness many times I get people that have no interest. Remind me of this the next time a Christian, any Christian speaks of his or her faith and who gets upset to the point of the recent flap over a tv show where one dared to speak his thoughts. Its not the Christians stomping.
Sure. Say that enough times and it might make it true.

christians are killing, picketing people in regard to their private affairs in a phenomenal display of bigotry, constantly frothing at the mouth about all the groups they hate (dd) ad infinitum.

What you may or may not see and what you want to believe and what the rest of the world sees on a daily basis are two different things entirely.

*I have to wonder even more about an infectious religion that runs so deep that its zombies don't even notice what goes on around them.*

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197442 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen it a decent amount

I like to keep tabs on the rhetoric. That's the truth.

But please explain to me the difference. That just avoided answering

With Established Harem

#197443 Dec 30, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s what he wants us to think. He’s really right here playing the role of Happy Lesbo. When he goes to the gym it’s to gawk at the clientele. When I say clientele I’m not talking about the women.
.. have you ever considered writing fiction ??..

Location hidden

#197444 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had a false awakening, a lucid dream? I have, twice. It's a really amazing experience.
One time, I was dreaming that I was back in elementary school, with the Marty McFly vest and everything. I knew I was dreaming and ran round the school like lightning.
The other time, I was flying like Superman, at some kind of fair. I remember buzzing in and out of the ferris wheel, all at my own command.
When I woke up, I tried to hurry back to sleep to relive the event but it never happens that way.
I used to have lucid dreams that I lived in a cave with a female Bigfoot.

I kept trying to overpower her, but she always got the best of me.

But I was also having electroshock therapy and experimental antipsychotic drugs.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197446 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote, "
How is that known? "

LuciFerr wrote, "
Simple really, gods only exist in the religious imagination. "

How is THAT known?
Because there is no more evidence of gods than there is of the Easter bunny.

I debunked the Easter bunny at the age of 4, when I caught my mother hiding eggs.

Evidence, or in the case of the complete lack of it for gods, trumps imagination, as far as claiming something is real goes anyway.

Like the bunny and the santa, the god is just a huge marketing scheme.

Location hidden

#197447 Dec 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Oh right you are, apologies.
We don't have to swallow your garbage anymore, without you being able to kill us by the millions.

I visit the million atheist graveyards all the time.

So ashamed.

Bwahahahaha...

With Established Harem

#197448 Dec 30, 2013
irecknso wrote:
<quoted text> ah, the answer lies within!
.. exactly ..

.. you'll never find it in a book ..

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#197449 Dec 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Who is forcing you? Btw you do know that the church many years ago killed many of its own people for trusting Christ over a man made system of religion right? Its on my mind as I was reading a commentary on martyrs killed because they wouldn't submit.
People willing to die for an imaginary being is very sick and very sad.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#197450 Dec 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You graduated the year before I was born !!!
I like it when we get along, Chris.
If you can endure the thorny passage, you might find a rose or a bee sting. Both are possibilities.
You bet. I am thankful for it too River. You give me hope that some know what tolerance is. I get that we most likely not agree on certain things and can go beyond that. Btw anything worth working towards and of value is going to have risk. Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 5,952
The Perils of Belief 2 hr P_Smith 1
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 2 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Morse 23,268
Evidence for God! 4 hr Morse 373
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 14 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
More from around the web