Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256553 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197419 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
RIDER
.. this post tells me Bongo has unraveled the profundity (using one of his million dollar words) of life's mystery: God said it, I believe it, case closed ..
.. is he still on the journey? Doubtful, his bible god obstructs his vision. He'll embrace the blind dogma tightly, unable to get past the imagery. If an authentic spiritual experience occurs, he won't recognize it ..
.. in other words, his religion has lulled him into a deep sleep ..
If you think he's in a deep sleep now, wait till he and I square off.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197420 Dec 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I thought just MOST of them were deviant gauche promiscuous spreaders of aids moral decline and debauchery . they sometimes try to seduce normal folk. They can be found at any highway rest area and airport bathroom. since all the public bathhouses were closed for health reasons.
.. gays should be ashamed of themselves, right ??..

.. after all, they spread AIDS or STD's. Go to Africa and speak to married women with AIDS. They may have a different perspective ..

.. do you know how to 'toe-tap'??..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197421 Dec 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
It's well known that no deities exist

RiversideRedneck wrote:
How is that known?
LuciFerr wrote:
Simple really, gods only exist in the religious imagination.
How is THAT known?

Location hidden

#197422 Dec 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, with that definition you could say most posters here have arrived..........
Personally, I think anyone who is here is still searching for something. Even the most hardheaded atheists, agnostics and religious are learning something here. I just dont believe they'd stick around for the arguing back and forth. There getting something out of it. I also believe change is, or at least can be, a slow and subtle process.
Anyone who is asking questions and taking part in the debate is still learning. Its those who refuse to leave the safety of their church, group, or whatever that refuse to listen to others viewpoints, that may have stopped growing.
All I had hoped to get out of it was bananas in my jello.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#197423 Dec 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh right you are, apologies.
We don't have to swallow your garbage anymore, without you being able to kill us by the millions.
Thanks for that RR.
Who is forcing you? Btw you do know that the church many years ago killed many of its own people for trusting Christ over a man made system of religion right? Its on my mind as I was reading a commentary on martyrs killed because they wouldn't submit.

Location hidden

#197424 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

.. keep growing beautiful ..
Thanks, man.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#197425 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I chink so.
-You think I'm moody.
-You think you've figured out my fantrasies.
-You think I like petty arguing.
-You think you've shown me your scarves.
Fine. I'll make cookies.
.. I'd prefer lobster ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197426 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. have you ever been to a gay pride parade or do you just view what Fox wants you to see ??..
.. FEW gays dress up like freaks and flaunt naked bodies ..
.. it's about pride, not nudity ..
I know. I wasn't being serious. But if it's about pride, gay pride, why the nudity? What does that have to do with it, especially in public?

FEW Christians act the way they're presented here on Topix.

That's my point.

I'm sick of the anti-Christian bigotry.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197427 Dec 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Oh right you are, apologies.
We don't have to swallow your garbage anymore, without you being able to kill us by the millions.
Thanks for that RR.
Apology accepted.

Location hidden

#197428 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
I think as long as he's willing to discuss it, he's still on the journey. You may not believe it but your words have an effect on me and no doubt on others where you may think they are falling on deaf ears. Just because you say something and someone doesn't have an epiphany doesn't mean you said it in vain..........
I think he'll recognize a spiritual experience, it just may have to be more blatant and he may even be mistaken about the meaning of the experience, but I think we both agree if there is path and he's not on it, he will be directed there. At least thats what I believe.........
He might recognize an ass-whoopin' as a spriitual experience.

I'm pretty sure he will see stars.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197429 Dec 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all of Fox News is editorials now where they take news clips and then some host gives their opinion
Explain to me the difference
You don't watch Fox News much, do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197430 Dec 30, 2013
I'm pretty sure he meant a fortune cookie..........
Oh.

Some people find happiness at the bottom of the bottle.

I find sadness.

Because the bottle's empty.

Safety Harbor, FL

#197431 Dec 30, 2013
<quoted text>
OK I can accept that. Can you accept the fact My experience with Catcher has been different then yours and has led me to my conclusion?
Indeed. As has mine. When he posted "thank God your and your wife don't have children" I saw what poor excuse for a man he was. He is exactly what he claims to stand against, a raging bigot. Its fine in his mind because its Christians and the right he hates. I pity him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197432 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. the foundation of all Abraham religions is rooted in shame and fear, the opposite of freedom ..
.. the god within you will recognize the god within others ..
.. I recognize the god within Catcher, an atheist attorney in this forum. He's going to be angry with me but here goes ..
.. recently Pay Pal screwed our Animal Rescue Center out of $60 by claiming identity theft. It was well within their rights because I signed a contract agreeing to their terms. Funny thing? Catcher gave me his American Express card number and told me he wanted to donate $60 to our fight for animal rights ..
.. for me, that signifies true spirituality, a consciousness of everything around him. So, my god easily recognizes his god ..
.. Bongo? Not so much. He wants me to feel shame instead of freedom. My god doesn't recognize his god but through prayer (a form of meditation), my resentment will disappear. His resentment will continue by referring to me as an un-nature woman with gender confusion ..
.. would you like to see my scarf collection? I have long ones, short ones, black ones, pink ones . They'll teach you about surrender ..
Catcher did that?

wait, Catcher?!@

Location hidden

#197433 Dec 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I tired otherwise and was punished for it. Let me share a couple of anecdotes about what happens when you try to do the right thing in medicine in America.
[1] I used to do disability exams for the state of Missouri. One patient I saw was a 35-40 year old mother of several children with severe deforming rheumatoid arthritis. This is what that looks like: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Health-C...
It is possible to prevent that nowadays thanks to one of the many miracles of modern therapeutics, a class of drugs called DMARDs, which prevent the deformity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifyin ...
I reviewed her medical records. She had been under the care of a physician in my region for the last ten years, who rotated between ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen (Alleve), which only treat pain, but do not modify the natural course of the disease like the DMARDS do. That was gross negligence. With tears in my eyes, I reported him to the state. He was a danger to the community. The only result was that they told him about my complaint. They did not discipline him or attempt to impose remedial training on him.
[2] A few years later, I was referred a woman with fulminating gangrene of the foot from her podiatrist, who had treated the problem inadequately - negligently by my standards. He only referred her because on the day that he referred her, she was almost dead. She was a diabetic in crisis (diabetic ketoacidosis).
I admitted her to the ICU withing the hour. I ordered IV Trovan as my antibiotic and the hospital pharmacist substituted Levaquin - a drug in the same class (a quinolone) but not equivalent in this setting.
They also failed to shoot the X-rays I ordered, and effed up the IV insulin I ordered. She lost the leg before the weekend was through, in part because of incompetence of the podiatrist, and in the part because of the hospital. I went to the family. told them about it, advised them to get an attorney, and offered to be a witness on their behalf at no charge. Nevertheless, they sued me and everybody else.
I got advance notice from the surgeon who had just been served that I was next. I was shocked at the betrayal. I knew that once I had been served, I would be prevented from speaking to the family, so I raced to their home before the process server arrived. They told me that somebody had to pay, and they didn't care who. Did I mention that he patient's husband was a preacher?
I was eventually dropped from the case for a $25,000 payment from my malpractice insurer, because I had done nothing inappropriate. Plaintiffs can always get that much, even in frivolous lawsuits. What the hell, huh? Twenty-five grand is twenty-five grand whatever you have to do to get it, right?
The podiatrist and the hospital both blamed me for the lawsuit, and neither was too happy with my forthrightness. The hospital retaliated. That is another story, longer and more painful than either of the two above. Not surprisingly, I never did anything like either of those things again.
Now you know.
Preacher's family.

Makes perfect sense.

The most crooked profession I have ever dealt with.

That includes crack dealers, prostitutes, and lawyers.

Pardon the redundancy.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#197434 Dec 30, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197435 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Fine. I'll make cookies.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. I'd prefer lobster ..
Lobster cookies?!?

That's like, totally ew.

Safety Harbor, FL

#197436 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't watch Fox News much, do you?
I like Bret Baier and find it tad better than what to me seems close to the state run press of nbc/ cbs/ abc.

Safety Harbor, FL

#197437 Dec 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I wasn't being serious. But if it's about pride, gay pride, why the nudity? What does that have to do with it, especially in public?
FEW Christians act the way they're presented here on Topix.
That's my point.
I'm sick of the anti-Christian bigotry.
Don't hold your breath. We haven't seen anything yet. I say bring it on. At least in this nation I'm thankful everyone gets a say no matter if we agree or not. I do fear the times we live in when a President, any President suggests what media to watch and uses the power of the office to influence certain voices to be silent. To that I say go to hell. As long as I can speak I will.

Location hidden

#197438 Dec 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the oceanic consciousness heads up. I liked that. I interpret its significance differently, but was glad to learn about it.
Gospel of Thomas:

Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live."

Jesus said, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the Kingdom"

Oceanic consciousness - connected with everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 min Eagle 12 751
Good arguments against Christianity 7 min Eagle 12 202
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min Nohweh 18,513
News Why I quit atheism 25 min Eagle 12 703
A Universe from Nothing? 44 min u196533dm 510
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr scientia potentia... 43,188
Atheism is a mental illness 4 hr Reason Personified 6
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 10 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web