Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197085 Dec 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:

People can call the Daily Show a fake news show but the truth is someone can stay pretty current watching it and get a good laugh!
Same for SNL news.

I don't suppose you and IANS consider either shows to be real news....

Please don't say it....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197086 Dec 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you believe in dragons too?
I believe a dragon or dragons exist.
I believe no dragon or dragons exist.
Yes or no ? Fruity Buckles
Atheist on a unicorn.
Evidential and categorical fallacy.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#197087 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always right.
Except when I'm wrong.
Nah nah nah.

You're always wrong.
Except when you're right.

There, that looks much better.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#197088 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
besmirch?!
Lol, now you sound super duper smart.
Besmirch is a difficult word for you?

Damn.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#197089 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, c'mon.
Give me a quarter.
Now don't you go besmirching.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197090 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

What election did Palin lose?
LuciFerr wrote:
November 4th, 2008, Presidential Election.
From what I've read, I would not have voted for her either.
Palin didn't run for president, so....

I voted McCain.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197091 Dec 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I am one of those who enjoys the jousting.
At the bathhouses, right?

What do you use the lemons for?

You know what, never mind.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#197092 Dec 29, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> This makes me think you have no credibility , you just admonished Buck , saying that you hope he only paid me minimum wage. A family man currently paying 4 ivy league college bills with a fifth coming next year. Then again, if you had your way, my kids could have all got a free ride off the govt. all of them having achieved scholar athelete award status in high school among other things. Do you advocate that min. wage concept for perceived or real poor performance for yourself and all the inept lawyers who have lost for their clients resulting in financial ruin and jail time?
It was humor.

H-U-M-O-R.

Location hidden

#197093 Dec 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Any god except your god and maybe Allah. Those gods will want to hurt me.
<quoted text>
Why is that? Because I agree that gods have not and cannot be ruled out? That's what makes me an agnostic atheist.
Nobody is an agnostic atheist.

The terms are mutually exclusive.

"Married bachelor" thing.

Location hidden

#197094 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That ex-bitch o mine was beating the shit outta me. She musta hit me at least a dozen times.
When the fangs came out, ole RR remembered what Papa taught him.
"If a girls man enough to hit, she's man enough to get hit."
So I bopped her on the top of the head.
And liberals like Catch call me a wife beater for it.
Dumb asses.
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
When the fangs came out, ole RR remembered what Papa taught him.
Dumb ass.
If it was what you described, you did the best you could in a difficult situation, I can't say I agree with it, I have big strong boys but I do think you feel remorse, or these accusations and exaggerations would not phase you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197095 Dec 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Besmirch is a difficult word for you?
Damn.
No.

It just sounds dorky.

"besmirch"

Say it.

SAY IT!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197096 Dec 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Now don't you go besmirching.
Yes, Ben. That's exactly what I sai......

Oh, wait.

Location hidden

#197097 Dec 29, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How did you get your pic in there, you have to be over 50? Oh, the mileage
That's all you can come up with Drongo?

You can't get hot women can you? Does it make you cry into your special lotion?

Just curious.

Location hidden

#197098 Dec 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

That's what makes me an agnostic atheist.
And I am a married bachelor.

If we assume a bachelor is the default position of rationality, and I am married, I can just say I am a married bachelor, because bachelor doesn't mean unmarried any more. It now just means ambivalence toward marriage.

Neat, huh?

Location hidden

#197100 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
It just sounds dorky.
"besmirch"
Say it.
SAY IT!
Besmirch.

By golly I do love that word.
Bartleby: I was close. You know, I was so close to slittin' that bitch's throat. You know how that felt? Righteous. Justified. Eager, even.
Loki: You alright man? Your eyes are kinda...
Bartleby:(interrupting) My eyes are open. For the first time, I get it. When that little innocent girl let her mission slip, I had an epiphany. See, in the beginning, it was just us and Him. Angels and God.
Loki: Uh huh.
Bartleby: Then he created humans. Ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship... and bowing and scraping and adoration. He gave them more than He ever gave us. He gave them a choice. They choose to acknowledge God, or choose to ignore him. All this time we've been down here, I've felt the absence of the Divine presence. And it's pained me... As I'm sure it must have pained you. And why? Because of the way he made us. Had we been given free will, we could choose to ignore the pain. Like they do. But no! We're servants!
Loki: Okay... You know, all I'm sayin' here, is one of us might need a little nap.
Bartleby:(claps hands) Wake up! These humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them. They were given Paradise -- they threw it away. They were given this planet -- they destroyed it. They were favored best among all His endeavors, and some of them don't even believe he exists. And in spite of it all... He hath shown them infinite fucking patience at every turn. What about us? I asked you... Once, to lay down the sword, because I felt sorry for them. What was the result? Our expulsion from Paradise! Where was his infinite fucking patience then?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt. Don't you think it's time... Don't you think it's time we went home? And to do that... I... I think we may have to dispatch our-our would be dispatchers.
Loki: Wait. Wait. Wait. Kill them?(Bartleby grins) You're talking about the Last Scion for Chrissakes! And what about Jay and Bob? I mean... Those guys were alright.
Bartleby: Don't. Don't my friend. See, don't let your sympathies get the best of you. They did me once. Scion or not, she's just a human. And by passing through that arch, our sins are forgiven. No harm, no foul.(walks away)
Loki: My God. I've heard a rant like this before.
Bartleby:(turning around) What did you say?
Loki: I've heard a rant like this before.
Bartleby: Don't you fuckin' do that to me.
Loki: You sound like the Morning Star. Bartleby: You shut your fuckin' mouth, Seraph!
Loki: You do! You sound like Lucifer man! You fuckin' lost it! You're not talkin' about goin' home Bartleby, you're talkin' about fuckin' war on God. Well fuck that. I have seen what happens to the proud when then take on the throne. I'm goin' back to Wisconsin.
(Bartleby violently throws Loki against a pillar in the parking garage)
Bartleby: We're going home, Loki! And no one, not you, not even the Almighty himself, is gonna make that otherwise.(Bartleby walks away.)
Loki: Shit.(he follows)

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Danville, VA

#197101 Dec 29, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How did you get your pic in there, you have to be over 50? Oh, the mileage
Are you still a 'Lil Ticked'?

Get over it.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Danville, VA

#197102 Dec 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, c'mon.
Give me a quarter.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197103 Dec 29, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was what you described, you did the best you could in a difficult situation, I can't say I agree with it, I have big strong boys but I do think you feel remorse, or these accusations and exaggerations would not phase you.
Yes ma'am. I wish it never happened.

Which I never met the bitch.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#197104 Dec 29, 2013
**wish** not *which*

Location hidden

#197105 Dec 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

That's unfortunate that partisan hate runs that deep in you that you can't admit presidents are patriots without comparing presidents of the opposing party to mass murderers
Can you imagine how bad the mass murderers feel being compared to Clinton?

Clinton is not a patriot.

Patriots don't receive draft notices and not report, while remaining in the public spotlight.

Can you name another president with that history?

No.

The Clintons are rakes, liars, America-hating whores, and narcissists.

Slick Willie murdered 80 of his citizens at Waco. He likely forcibly raped Juanita Broderick.

The appeal to patriotism is the last refuge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 32 min 15th Dalai Lama 32,287
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 hr John 888
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 5 hr Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Tue Dogen 4,321
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) Tue Frindly 291
More from around the web