Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258452 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195706 Dec 24, 2013
Pol Pot was the leader of the Khmer Rouge and Prime Minister of Cambodia from 1976 to 1979, having been de facto leader since mid-1975. During his time in power Pol Pot imposed an extreme version of agrarian communism, where all city dwellers were relocated to the countryside to work in collective farms and forced labour projects. The combined effect of slave labour, malnutrition, poor medical care and executions is estimated to have killed around 2 million Cambodians (approximately one third of the population). His regime achieved special notoriety by singling out all intellectuals, and other “bourgeois enemies”, for murder. The Khmer Rouge committed mass executions in sites known as the Killing Fields, and the executed were buried in mass graves. In order to save ammunition, executions were often carried out using hammers, axe handles, spades or sharpened bamboo sticks. His attempts to “cleanse” the country resulted in the deaths of 1.7 to 2.5 million people. He also had an intense dislike of anyone with the semblance of being intelligent, such as those who wore glasses or who spoke another language. http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who... Pol Pot was the leader of the Khmer Rouge and Prime Minister of Cambodia from 1976 to 1979, having been de facto leader since mid-1975. During his time in power Pol Pot imposed an extreme version of agrarian communism, where all city dwellers were relocated to the countryside to work in collective farms and forced labour projects. The combined effect of slave labour, malnutrition, poor medical care and executions is estimated to have killed around 2 million Cambodians (approximately one third of the population). His regime achieved special notoriety by singling out all intellectuals, and other “bourgeois enemies”, for murder. The Khmer Rouge committed mass executions in sites known as the Killing Fields, and the executed were buried in mass graves. In order to save ammunition, executions were often carried out using hammers, axe handles, spades or sharpened bamboo sticks. His attempts to “cleanse” the country resulted in the deaths of 1.7 to 2.5 million people. He also had an intense dislike of anyone with the semblance of being intelligent, such as those who wore glasses or who spoke another language. http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195707 Dec 24, 2013
Stalin was General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union’s Central Committee, from 1922 until his death in 1953. Under Stalin’s leadership, the Ukraine suffered a famine (Holodomor) so great it is considered by many to be an act of genocide on the part of Stalin’s government. Estimates of the number of deaths range from 2.5 million to 10 million. The famine was caused by direct political and administrative decisions. In addition to the famine, Stalin ordered purges within the Soviet Union of any person deemed to be an enemy of the state (i.e. capitalists, theists). In total, estimates of the total number murdered under Stalin’s reign, range from 10 million to 60 million. His government promoted atheism with mass propaganda in school, and held a terror campaign against the religious. He crushed the Russian Orthodox Church, leveling thousands of churches and shooting more than 100,000 priests, monks and nuns between 1937 and 1938. http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who...

Don't they all make you proud to be Atheist?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#195708 Dec 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
My intuition tells me that you don't want it with cream on it.....

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#195709 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh...
Honestly, I never took you for a middle-aged, fat, pink guy.
Of course I am. Just ask Nano.

I'm also an A sexual tranny from Seattle, apparently.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195710 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas to all our Atheist!!!

Got to go to a Christmas Eve service.

God Bless you all with peace.

“What?”

Location hidden

#195711 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He sounds like a preacher because he preached at atheist churches.
Please do some research on the man, I respect you too much to fling poop at you.
Revisionist history isn't one of my subjects.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195712 Dec 24, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> People are required to report and that is the real reason it will be opposed by the churches. Prostitution is a consensual act between consenting adults and is also illegal in most states. Adultery not illegal in most sates but in case of divorce the paramour can be sued in civil court for alienation of affection [4 states] or infliction of emotional distress.
http://info.legalzoom.com/legal-actions-adult...
Homosexuality legal prostitution illegal. Go figure.
Oh stop it.

You cant compare homosexuality and prostitution.

They are entirely different subjects defined by an entirely different set of morals.

I believe that neither set of morals should be enforced on a society. I think homosexuality should be legal and I think prostitution should be legal.

You?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195713 Dec 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am. Just ask Nano.
I'm also an A sexual tranny from Seattle, apparently.
If I ask you, Nano is a man.

If I ask Nano, Nano is a woman.

I am so confused.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#195714 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should also check out Jeffrey Dahmer, Benito Mussolini, Mao Zedong, Alfred Kinsey, Napoleon Bonaparte, Than Shwe & Kim Jong II.
All atheists.
All evil men. along with Stalin, Hitler & Pol Pot.
Hilter is right wing Christin not an atheist!

--==
US in Power/corrupted US elites even supported and aided military and financially help Hitler rise to Power
=====
Toronto Star, June 30, 1997

Let's try Kissinger along with Pol Pot.
-----

Zbigniew Brzezinski, President Carter's National Security Adviser, 1979

William Blum
in his book Rogue State, p88
keyword(s)

"I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot. I encouraged the Thai to help the [Khmer Rouge]. The question was how to help the Cambodian people. Pol Pot was an abomination. We could never support him. But China could.

[Some of the relief organizations operating in Cambodia considered supporting the Khmer Rouge guerrillas inconsistent with their humanitarian goals, in addition to the fact that distributing aid to military personnel was impermissible for such organizations as UNICEF and the International Committee of the Red Cross. But as two American relief aid workers, Linda Mason and Roger Brown, later wrote: "Thailand, the country that hosted the relief operation, and the U.S. government, which funded the bulk of the relief operation, insisted that the Khmer Rouge be fed.]

====
Those our corrupted US ruling elite in Power at helm are radical Christians waged many wars at home and abroad , one that whitewashed from our US history books , that is not well known, The American Holocaust, is really a US genocide war and century of wars had mass murdered over 100 million plus Native Indians of N.America gone since inception an US Empire.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#195715 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Have I ever once called you a liar, Luci?
Yeah. "When y'all lie". That includes me don't it?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#195716 Dec 24, 2013
Wow.

Had a beautiful sunny and warm day when suddenly it turned dark in a hurry. I mean seconds. Seems a cold front decided to move in real quick. Very windy and very, very dusty. Getting colder by the minute.

Kinda Biblical.

At least I finished some important outside work before it hit.

God loves me.:-)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#195717 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please move to, the Christian country, Uganda. You will love it there. They put homosexuals in prison for life.
Are you a complete moron or incapable of telling the truth ?
All you prove is that your religion (what ever godforsaken POS that is) is a pack of lies.
As I stated I wouldn't be in favor of that, I wish nobody be put in jail based on beliefs. I understand that you have to lie and say otherwise as you just did here. Why you do it only you know. While I do think you are capable of speaking the truth you rarely do concerning me and many others. Again only you know why you act like this? You must think in your mind that if you type and repeat these lies it will somehow make it true? Who knows. I get that you aren't too big on tolerance and can't stand certain people but it will just be your problem. No way I'm leaving the best nation in the world. Merry Christmas!

United States

#195718 Dec 24, 2013
ADD Why is our corrupted US ruling elite in Govt, the radical Christians in Power, are waging wars on those Latin American Countries that are Christians?
Any you Christian fundies want to answer?
I smell hypocrites! Bahahahahaa Caught you in heat! This will interest IANS, Ben Adams... know you have something to debate with these religious nuts! BAhahahahaaa Not religious and not an athiest !Q Bahahahaaa

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#195719 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, the last thing that concerns me is Catcher's opinion of me.
Indeed. Merry Christmas! Got to take care of some things before the wife gets home.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#195720 Dec 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Well he was crazy, and he was a religionist. He learned about how to raise a cult through his church experience.

He wasn't a rational skeptic or a secular humanist, so ideologically, he's no relation to any of the atheists here.

He was also carbon based. He was a carbon based cult leader. Are you carbon based?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195721 Dec 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Merry Christmas to all our Atheist!!!
Got to go to a Christmas Eve service.
God Bless you all with peace.
Have fun, Eagle.

Merry Christmas.

“What?”

Location hidden

#195722 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it.
You cant compare homosexuality and prostitution.
They are entirely different subjects defined by an entirely different set of morals.
I believe that neither set of morals should be enforced on a society. I think homosexuality should be legal and I think prostitution should be legal.
You?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think homosexuality should be legal and I think prostitution should be legal.
You?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbo...

United States

#195723 Dec 24, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
Than Shwe is the 77 year old dictator of Myanmar/Burma, the head of the ruling military junta. He has overseen the formation of one of the most closed societies in the world. There is no notion of free press, and journalists who opposed his regime are detained. Aung Suu Kyi, the leader of the main opposition party, is kept in house detention by him. Civil servants are forbidden from resigning. Burma has the highest rate of child soldiers in the world, and uses forced labor on construction projects. As far as dictators go, Than Shwe keeps a relatively low, and even sullen, profile. Nevertheless, he reportedly leads an extravagant lifestyle, while his people continue to suffer a life of extreme poverty and natural disasters. In the aftermath of Cyclone Nargis, he refused entry into the country for many foreign aid organizations. http://listverse.com/2010/06/05/10-people-who...
US involvements! Our US should keep out of other world affairs , why we intervene so much and incite many to wars and bully by force on other smaller nations... many died because of US actions intervening and US militarism/ neo-imperailsim is hated by mant nations worldwide, no wonder US is no longer trusted by the world community and even G6 allies have little trust in what US is doing to their own.

William Engdahl
The geopolitical stakes of 'Saffron Revolution
Asia Times, October 21, 2007
k
The US State Department has recruited and trained key opposition leaders from numerous anti-government organizations in Myanmar. It has poured the relatively huge sum (for Myanmar) of more than $2.5 million annually into NED activities in promoting regime change in Myanmar since at least 2003. The US regime change effort, its Saffron Revolution, is being largely run, according to informed reports, out of the US Consulate General in bordering Chaing Mai, Thailand. There activists are recruited and trained, in some cases directly in the US, before being sent back to organize inside Myanmar. The US's NED admits to funding key opposition media including the New Era Journal, Irrawaddy and the Democratic Voice of Burma radio.

... Gene Sharp, founder of the deceptively-named Albert Einstein Institution in Cambridge, Massachusetts, a group funded by an arm of the NED to foster US-friendly regime change in key spots around the world. Sharp's institute has been active in Myanmar since 1989, just after the regime massacred some 3,000 protestors to silence the opposition.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195724 Dec 24, 2013
Idiot wrote:
Hilter is right wing Christin not an atheist!
Hilter is a Christin?

Ok, Idiot.

Who's Hilter and what's a Christin?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195725 Dec 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Merry Christmas! Got to take care of some things before the wife gets home.
Yessir, I'm prepping eggs and potatoes right now.

Merry Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Zeke 67,218
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 28,657
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,531
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web