Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256559 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195606 Dec 24, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence for god , why are you wasting your time in the Atheism forum trying to defend your fraud?
It's downright fun trying to communicate with people that have the minds of goats.

Do you believe in God?

Atheist Answer: Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#195607 Dec 24, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No "Atheist leader" has ever killed due to Atheism.
Agreed! They killed out f fear, greed and ignorance.... just like theists.
LCNLin

United States

#195608 Dec 24, 2013
The Queen's Christmas message 2013

UK and Canada

The CBC will show the Queen's Christmas message 6 different times on Wednesday, December 25:

CBC Radio 1 11:50 a.m. to noon

CBC Radio 2 1:50 p.m. to 2 p.m.

Main Network noon to 12:10 p.m.

News Network 10 a.m. ET; noon ET; 3 p.m. ET

*only News Network times are Eastern, the others are local.

The Queen's message will also be seen online on CBC.ca and CBC.ca/world

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#195609 Dec 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. that support was for the defeated 'Kill-The-Gays" bill ..
.. show me a Christian Church's objection to the life Imprisonment for gays in Uganda ..
.. yes, you'll find it from the lesbian and gay Christian community but that's about it ..
Did you know that in December 2013 human trafficking, especially of young girls is sadly high? Forget the same old crap you here on tv of whoever is for or against something and trying to relate it to slavery of a bygone era. What church stands against this? Or people being addicted to drugs? Point is evil is on this earth. Some do the best we can where we can. Btw this is the first I've heard of what you speak and while I'm only one I'm against it. Here is some info:

The Reality of Human Trafficking in the Americas: Disturbing Story of a 9-Year-Old Abducted and Apparently Sold Into Sex Slavery

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/09/th...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#195610 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when you openly accuse any Christian that does wrong of wrong-doing in "the name of" Christianity but not saying the same towards atheist's wrong-doings is a double standard...
Nope. many theists openly admitted/admit that they are killing in the name of God..

No atheists has killed anyone in the name of Atheism.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#195611 Dec 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_sexual...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_A...

The issue is much more complicated than your ideological mantras.

As you will read there are some rather stiff penalties imposed by the religion, yet the practice continues due to power and control. Secularistic societies, even the "democratic" ones, are full of the power and control freaks. Takes ambition for such to run for office. Remove the religious restrictions and guess what will happen.
Yet our secular society has less crime, less people in prison as well as less homelessness and child gangs.

We also don't have religious people killing groups of people or picketing funerals.

We also have national, free healthcare, for everyone.

I suppose you think that's just terrible.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#195612 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin's murder, and all communist murder, has been for atheism.
It's a historical fact.
You are a moron or a liar.

I am just trying to figure out which.

There are hundreds of millions of Christian Communists that prove you wrong. Communism is an economic and political doctrine that has nothing to do with theism or atheism.

Safety Harbor, FL

#195613 Dec 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Catcher lie? Its just cognitive dissonance. Maybe hes just a sordid subverter or is need of more narcissist supply than you can provide a left coast California hedonist.
I like that word, subvert. A few weeks ago I was reading an account of a woman that was ultimately put to the flames and burned alive because she was a Christian. This was in England hundreds of years ago btw. The church leaders at the time gave her one more chance to 'repent'. She refused, called them subverters of the truth of Christ and then she was killed.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195614 Dec 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Explain how, if having your god is so useful as a "moral guide", why so many pastors and priests are caught raping little kids.
Hmmm?
Exactly **how** does that work again? Your god is supposedly this magical inspiration, right?
Yet?
So very many of your "men of god" have been caught raping little kids...!
Why?
Pedophilia is a concern in all organizations including secular ones.

Let me give you an example.“The Second Mile,” was a nonprofit organization for underprivileged youth, providing help for at-risk children and support for their parents in Pennsylvania.

Founded by a popular assistant coach at Pennsylvania State University under Joe Paterno. This was not a religious charity but a secular one. The entire nation was shocked to find the founder was sexually abusing youth in this charity. His name was Jerry Sandusky.

We hear all the time in our secular school teachers in our public schools violating their trust and sexually abusing teens and children. Bob it’s a concern everywhere. It shouldn’t ever happen in religious organizations but it has happened. The same goes for secular public schools and every organization.

In every grove of apple tree’s there’s going to be a few bad apples. But what is important is the yield of good apples far outnumber the bad ones. All the bad apples have to be tossed to rot in the earth.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#195615 Dec 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_sexual...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_A...
The issue is much more complicated than your ideological mantras.
As you will read there are some rather stiff penalties imposed by the religion, yet the practice continues due to power and control. Secularistic societies, even the "democratic" ones, are full of the power and control freaks. Takes ambition for such to run for office. Remove the religious restrictions and guess what will happen.
Not to do with Idealogy but Human values and human right from oppression and slavery... in right in our own US backyard!
Our US believe in Democratic principles (Just a facade , in name only more like Fascist) and is religious intolerant if not of its religion as those in our corrupted elite American in Power are racist, religious intolerant, class conscience, greedy... this what banking US financially and morally, and our illegal US wars on world had incite growth of enemy in name of NAtionalistic /militaristic Neo-imperailism and religious agendas is ruining US and world in it with our US war machines,
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#195616 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
World Beatnik, do you write for the character "Boomhauer" on King of the Hill?
hey World war monger, you make no sense at ! Bahahahahaa
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#195618 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist communism does far worse in terms of murder than any religion ever has.
Put that in your bong.
Militant Atheist always overlook the hundreds of millions that have died under communism.

They love to point out the deaths in religious wars but totally deny the millions under atheistic communism.

But we are accustomed to their hypocritical assertions which is so common among militant atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#195619 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Not until you apologise.
For what?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#195620 Dec 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Uganda has a special place in the hearts of Evangelical Christians, members of your tribe ..
.. the 'kill the gays' bill failed because of the international community. Has the Christian Community condemned life imprisonment of homosexuals in Uganda? If so, which tribe ??..
Not a single Christian Church has condemned the Christian atrocities currently occurring around the world but most noticeable in Africa.

I bet there are tens of millions of American Christians who would like to see the death penalty for anyone who isn't a "real Christian".

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#195621 Dec 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Hey funky gal, although Pastors and Church people who prey off failed people repulses me, The ideal is to help those who have failed, are fearful, wounded etc. Jesus did say he didn't come for all the "good healthy" people, rather to seek and save the lost. The great physician. Can you dispute that many were helped and went on to live a better life?
I'm not sure how much time you've spent with the homeless. Many of them are struggling with mental illness without the family or financial support to help them. Many of them are addicted to one drug or another. Many are teenagers and young adults who escaped abusive situations. They don't need Jesus. They need a society that understands the issue and stops trying to sweep them under the rug as if they don't exist.

Safety Harbor, FL

#195622 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a single Christian Church has condemned the Christian atrocities currently occurring around the world but most noticeable in Africa.
I bet there are tens of millions of American Christians who would like to see the death penalty for anyone who isn't a "real Christian".
You just make it up as you go taking out of your rear. The only thing close to what is speak imo is Westboro and the like and most strongly condemn that. Not a word from you on that.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#195623 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet our secular society has less crime, less people in prison as well as less homelessness and child gangs.
We also don't have religious people killing groups of people or picketing funerals.
We also have national, free healthcare, for everyone.
I suppose you think that's just terrible.
The USA is a secular society, Little lost Luci. Mucho, mucho larger and more diverse than your "our society".

You provincials are so limited in your perspectives.

I am willing to bet you have more than your share of nutcases in OZ, religious or otherwise.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195624 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In my honest opinion, because homosexuality isn't 'normal' and some people that are gay find it embarrassing.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You think gays are closeted because of themselves, not because of Christian doctrine regarding homosexuality?
No sir, that's why I'd didn't write that.
As far as homosexuality being abnormal, please note that across the animal kingdom, it is seen far more commonly than religion.
Fail.

Mankind has surpassed the animal kingdom in many different ways. Language, art, science, religion, etc. All naturally. You can't compare what animals do to what humans do.
Christians have defined homosexual as abnormal, and have shamed and guilted many into self-loathing and hiding themselves from their families, friends, neighbors, employers, customers, coworkers, and constituents.
Just Christians, huh?

I think that's your bias talking.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195625 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
What Teddy chooses to expose is his business, although I've never seen information from him that doesn't check out 100%.
What I wish to expose is right from the many bellies of the religious beast.
I will look forward to being called a liar by you.
Have I ever once called you a liar, Luci?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195626 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christinemc^2 says Hitler killed for christianity because the Roman Catholic Church didn't excommunicate him.
Do you realize how futile it is to offer evidence and reason to such people?
Loose Fur is of the same mold.
Total immunity to evidence.
Loose Fur denies the atheist motivation of mass murderers like Stalin, then states the same atheist motivation for herself.
I don't know how to get through to them.

I think your "immunity to evidence" is spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 26 min woodtick57 21,129
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 49 min Patrick 18,556
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 43,208
News Why I quit atheism 15 hr Eagle 12 708
Good arguments against Christianity 17 hr superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 18 hr Mikko 532
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 23 hr Thinking 5,696
More from around the web