Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243290 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#195449 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist communism does far worse in terms of murder than any religion ever has.

Put that in your bong.
Atheist communism. LOL

Um, redneck, bongs are really icky and I really don't think Michael Jackson's corpse would fit in one.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#195450 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That don't bother me none.

It's when y'all lie that chaps my ass.
Now I'm a liar too? Righto.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#195452 Dec 24, 2013
Some casual reading for atheists:

KILLING FOR ATHEISM

"The state was committed to the destruction of religion, and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth that society should accept. The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies, has been estimated to range between 12-20 millions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_C...

Location hidden

#195453 Dec 24, 2013
More good atheist reading:

"It was legally possible to deprive parents of their children if they failed to raise them as atheists, but these legal restrictions were only enforced selectively when the authorities chose to do so."

"Religious youth at colleges could sometimes be sent to psychiatric hospitals on grounds that only a person with a psychological disorder would still be religious after going through the whole anti-religious education"

Location hidden

#195454 Dec 24, 2013
Read this and answer the following quiz:

This declaration was recommended by which of the following:

A. Stalin's "Society of the Godless"

B. Topix Atheists

C. Blob of Cum on Face

D. All the above

"Religious youth at colleges could sometimes be sent to psychiatric hospitals on grounds that only a person with a psychological disorder would still be religious after going through the whole anti-religious education"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#195455 Dec 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Let me ask you this: Who has bullied who into the closet? Why do you suppose that it that it is gays in the closet and not Christians?
In my honest opinion, because homosexuality isn't 'normal' and some people that are gay find it embarrassing.

Do me this, answer that same question. I want to hear your take.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195456 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
It took RR his entire life do far to admit he is "little bit racist".
Wrong, Ben. 100% wrong.

Location hidden

#195457 Dec 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft..
One imaginary entity is precisely the same as any other.
Not there.
I thought atheism was not a belief, but only a rejection of evidence for god?

Yet here, you state definitively that god is imaginary.

Which is it?

Your conclusion proves a belief - that belief being god is non-existent.

No such definitive knowledge exists, so your conclusion is an extension beyond knowledge.

You are, therefore, expressing a belief.

But atheism is not a belief, right?

Sure. Right.

Are you a member of "The Society of the Godless"?

Do you believe you should kill people who believe in God?

Just trying to figure out how strong your "non-belief" is.

Stalin's mass murders reflected a really strong non-belief. Really strong.

I bet the survivors are really glad Stalin didn't have a "belief", huh?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#195458 Dec 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
What lie? Btw when you start with your smears as you just did here you've lost. You know what, never mind. Nothing honest will come from you. Carry on in it.
I came to say...

Despite that we might not care for each other...we don't agree...

I wish you the best during this time of year...wish you a Merry Christmas.

This year my search is for peace...a little of that goodwill toward men...I struggle to find that when words are spoken with such little lack of concern for others...that seems to be the norm for the most part of these threads...hard to find peace.

I have decided...if words hurt...I can't expect someone else to understand that...so if I want peace in my life...then I need to put myself in a place where I do not have to hear them.

There is much that I would like to say to but my words would only fall on deaf ears...if I want peace then sometimes I just need to leave words unsaid.

Again...

I truly from my heart hope that you and your wife have a very Merry Christmas and that your days are filled with what this season should be about..."love".

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#195459 Dec 24, 2013
Strange how you can only sight less than a half dozen atheist leaders committing atrocities while any knowledgeable person can cite hundreds to thousands of religious person doing so.

The Bible is chock full of theists murdering people for their deity. 3000 years of Abrahamic religions committing genocide and other atrocities in the name of their deities and it continues around the world to this day.

Theists have murdered and continue to murder more people than atheists. Say otherwise you are a liar or moron.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#195460 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In my honest opinion, because homosexuality isn't 'normal' and some people that are gay find it embarrassing.
You aren't normal. That makes you the same as any gay.

Location hidden

#195461 Dec 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm a liar too? Righto.
We already knew you were a liar.

No need to confess.

Don't bother confessing to being a moron, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#195462 Dec 24, 2013
Is that all you hear? If that's all you got out of this discussion, it probably leaves you where you started.
Aren't you getting anything at all out of your time here?
Actually, I'm getting plenty out of this.

I'm learning tolerance that I didn't have before, primarily directed at gays. The conversations I've had with several people here have opened my eyes and made me realize that I've been wrong and intolerant all these years. I'm doing what I can to change that. I've learned to tap into my "inner Jesus".

I've also learned that some atheists are good people that really care about freedom and justice and choice while others are militant ass holes that want nothing more than to slander Christianity and do what they can to help diminish the church and make Christians look like the worst people on the planet.

I've also learned what fallacies are and how they operate in discussion and argument.

I've also learned about control issues and how they are nothing but a detriment to relationships.

You? Are you getting anything out of this? Be honest.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195463 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Some casual reading for atheists:
KILLING FOR ATHEISM
"The state was committed to the destruction of religion, and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth that society should accept. The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies, has been estimated to range between 12-20 millions"
I'm an Atheist too busy killing people to read about Atheists killing people.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195464 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
More good atheist reading:
"It was legally possible to deprive parents of their children if they failed to raise them as atheists, but these legal restrictions were only enforced selectively when the authorities chose to do so."
Science denial is a psychological illness that is found in many Creationists like yourself buck.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#195465 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
There you go. Make your best argument - in this case, that we are killers. If it is believable, the fear of atheists will increase, and people may turn to religion more, If not, they'll react otherwise. Wouldn't you agree that that is how it should be?
I wasn't making argument. I was questioning Bucks demonstration of the ill effects of atheism and how it has always evolved into killing and would it likely happen again. His answer, theyre not to ballsy these days. Free market is good, Christianity is far ahead, leading. Topix atheist seem to know the bible well. Im curious to know if you took a hundred kids and fed them the bible and atheist education, what would the percentages of faithful believers versus unbelievers or doubters be.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195466 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought atheism was not a belief, but only a rejection of evidence for god?
Yet here, you state definitively that god is imaginary.
Which is it?
Your conclusion proves a belief - that belief being god is non-existent.
No such definitive knowledge exists, so your conclusion is an extension beyond knowledge.
You are, therefore, expressing a belief.
But atheism is not a belief, right?
Sure. Right.
Are you a member of "The Society of the Godless"?
Do you believe you should kill people who believe in God?
Just trying to figure out how strong your "non-belief" is.
Stalin's mass murders reflected a really strong non-belief. Really strong.
I bet the survivors are really glad Stalin didn't have a "belief", huh?
Try and find evidence for your god and you won't have to hate atheist so much, for reminding you that you haven't any.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195467 Dec 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexuals aren't affected by what homosexuals do. Its just your own problem.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195468 Dec 24, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
Read this and answer the following quiz:
This declaration was recommended by which of the following:
A. Stalin's "Society of the Godless"
B. Topix Atheists
C. Blob of Cum on Face
D. All the above
Atheism is a simple disbelief in religion. Some religious people find disbelief offensive.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#195469 Dec 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Strange how you can only sight less than a half dozen atheist leaders committing atrocities while any knowledgeable person can cite hundreds to thousands of religious person doing so.
The Bible is chock full of theists murdering people for their deity. 3000 years of Abrahamic religions committing genocide and other atrocities in the name of their deities and it continues around the world to this day.
Theists have murdered and continue to murder more people than atheists. Say otherwise you are a liar or moron.
No "Atheist leader" has ever killed due to Atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 46 min Brian_G 6,209
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 9,318
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 19,765
Atheists have morals too! 3 hr Lelouch0 6
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 11 hr superwilly 26
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 14 hr karl44 1
News Study: Public opinion not swayed by atheist arg... 14 hr karl44 1
More from around the web