Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194879 Dec 21, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Feliz Navidad, senor.
Much grassy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#194880 Dec 21, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionary time.
Back to English class. We kids used to crack up laughing about homophones, it's not a gay chat line.:-))))
https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyou...
http://www.magickeys.com/books/riddles/words....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym
For the computer wizards:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definiti...
Definition 2 - The love I feel towards my GBF brothers.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/homophile
Homophile.

That's a new one for me.

It's almost derogatory sounding.

Almost.

I can't wait to use it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#194881 Dec 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course not. I know they're gonna have sex. I know it's a sin, they know it's a sin.
I just want them to be absolutely certain about the woman before they get married.
I think I might be mixing a little secularism with Christianity.
I have no doubt I'll be answerable for it when my judgement comes.
Is it OK with you if the person they decided to live with first isn't a woman?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#194882 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Is it OK with you if the person they decided to live with first isn't a woman?
If it's just a roommate, yes.

If it's romantic, no.

Location hidden

#194883 Dec 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's talking about his views of sin, he wasn't clumping you together.
Don't take it personally.
You can't expect him to respect your opinion when you shit on his.
Yes, he was.

You seem to take it personally when people say that Christians hate homosexuals.

I don't expect him to respect my opinion. He's a Christian, duh.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194884 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I condemn the Phil guy for lumping me in with terrorists and people who fuckanimals. I'm pretty sure the teacher didn't do that.
Actually, if one were to see all of your posts, replete with tales of your, ill hurt you prowess, one could conclude youre a kind of terrorist . Maybe its just female napoleon syndrome. Atheists in general are marginalized and lumped in with other unsavory due to their dissent and perfidiousness.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#194885 Dec 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a problem that is fostered/promoted by the Christian belief system(not all Christian belief systems, just some).
Ar Ar has often said that it is -*sex outside of marriage*- that is condemned within Christianity. Many, but not all Christians will also say that - that - is the "sin" being committed >>>> sex outside of marriage.
And yet Christians are against same sex marriage.
They, in effect, create the situation that they say is the problem with people in same sex relationships.
If marriage was allowed within same sex relationships, would Christians then have no problem with same sex couples?
Doubtful.
To do so would remove an entire group of people that *some* Christians say they don't have a problem with, and can castigate at the same time.
<Christians> "...See?...the Jesus loves you and we as Christians love you, too, it's your sin we can't tolerate - sex outside of marriage is a no no....no matter what sex you are..."
I don't see how anyone's sex life is any of their business at all.

Why should anyone have to abide by other people's fantasy lives? If delusional psychopaths thought we should all go around stabbing people in the face because they have bugs crawling all over them, should we do that too? Hell no, the psychopaths would be locked up and pumped full of Thorazine.

This protection religinuts enjoy is something they should be grateful for.

Hi Scar :D

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#194886 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. thanks for your scholarly theological wisdom ..
Welcome.
Rape isn't rape.
Rape is rape. I provided two explicit examples. Dinah in Genesis 34. Dinah is raped by Shechem. The result is a massacre of a slew of Hivite males including the rapist. The rape of Tamar by her half brother Ammon. Ammon is later killed by the servants of Absalom. 2 Sam. 13. There is also forced rape depicted in Lamentations. When Judah was overtaken by the Babylonian army. Babylon is later judged. No longer exists.
Wives had conjugal rights.
Men had to have sex with their wives.
Exod. 21:10
Slavery & polygamy good.
Did not write that. I did write slavery was considered an act of mercy and was universal. Hebrew slavery was mild compared to the types the other countries practiced. Slavery was regulated for the benefit of the slave. Two basic types. Debt slavery which involved working off debt. Hebrew slaves released on year of Jubilee or when debt is paid off. Females different. To release is the equivalent of abandonment since they had less options. For the most part it was a marriage arraignment. You either deliberately distort my posts or you have comprehension problems. Do you enjoy depicting yourself as deceitful or stupid or both?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#194887 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was.
You seem to take it personally when people say that Christians hate homosexuals.
I don't expect him to respect my opinion. He's a Christian, duh.
I respect your opinion and your right to freedom.

Make me a sammich.

Location hidden

#194888 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, if one were to see all of your posts, replete with tales of your, ill hurt you prowess, one could conclude youre a kind of terrorist . Maybe its just female napoleon syndrome. Atheists in general are marginalized and lumped in with other unsavory due to their dissent and perfidiousness.
I see what you mean. I'll try to stop lumping you in with other mentally handicapped people.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#194889 Dec 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's very relevant. Sex outside of marriage is what you claim is the "sin".
Tell me, what would the sin be if people were having sex within the boundaries of marriage, from the Christian perspective?
I know they think it's ok to diddle kids and cheat on their spouses. Does that help?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#194890 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we cybersex but don't let CC know, OK ??..
Noice, ok, I'll try to keep it quiet.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#194891 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2 4277120/churches-using-gps-to- keep-track-of-baby-jesus#axzz2 o4PIuUzG
Churches are having to turn to technology to protect property.
Baby Jesus is just material stuff, but evidently there are those, like Topix atheists, that feel compelled to steal and probably use such to work out there issues. Some may steal them for icons to have in their house, but I would suspect you have a lot of pieces of Baby Jesus in places like a Topix atheist gathering all bloodied and broken up and defaced. Makes them feel empowered. Revenge on this symbol of small pox infecting murderous homophobic mass of humanity that cramps their style.
This theft was not such an issue before this neo-atheism arose.
Yes, they have many atheist preaching "gatherings", some even titled "The Gathering".

I see Seth is going grunge for this one. His rage allows him no rest in his efforts to discourage any participation in Christian activities, except those intended to subvert, like Bob's continued pew warming. Seth can't go to sleep at night if he hasn't made any disparaging comments about Christianity earlier in the day. Obsession can't begin to describe his behaviour.

Location hidden

#194892 Dec 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your opinion and your right to freedom.
Make me a sammich.
Thank you.

Freedom isn't physical. I'll always be free.

Do you like tuna?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#194893 Dec 21, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they think it's ok to diddle kids and cheat on their spouses. Does that help?
So stereotyping is ok as long as it's only Christians you're insulting?

Bigot.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#194894 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use lotion?
.. did you first want a massage ??..

Location hidden

#194895 Dec 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So stereotyping is ok as long as it's only Christians you're insulting?
Bigot.
A valid point, sir.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#194896 Dec 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So stereotyping is ok as long as it's only Christians you're insulting?
Bigot.
So you think it's ok to diddle kids and cheat on spouses? Filthy christian.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#194897 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid point, sir.
You’re young and beautiful today.

But what will your life have for you after you become old and the beauty of your youth has diminished?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#194898 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid point, sir.
I disagree, pointing out facts is hardly bigotry and if life was fair we would be burning them on stakes or beating their children for not being gay.

Stating facts is nothing in comparison to what their church does to society, while they all go right along with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Richardfs 181
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr woodtick57 2,632
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Morse 5,963
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 hr Morse 23,279
faith & pride 14 hr geezerjock 1
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr _Bad Company 214
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 17 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web