Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194730 Dec 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What's not to understand?
I understand that for most of these people, faith is until the end, and they will not change. I don't expect any of the Topix Christians we post with,.
Thanks, man. That's a compliment . Any honest atheist should know, in the back of their mind , that if their supposition was wrong there will likely be a warm redfaced gut wrenching feeling

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194731 Dec 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
"I'm not Catholic."
<quoted text>
Other popular 16th century pick up lines include:
"You wanna come over and see my dad's slaves?"
"I took a bath this year."
"I crossed the ocean to escape religious persecution. I stayed for you."
You could find people to look down on and feel better about yourself without going back 500 years.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#194732 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no disability, Dave.
I have an asset. I actually have more than one and I'll use them to get every penny out of you that I can. Have you seen me pretend to cry?
Stumps and Fiddles. I'm heading to Alabama.
:-)

You won't get many pennies out of me, little one. But you will get much admiration for your talents doing so on others.

There were too many women ahead of you. They got it all. It's a math thing.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194733 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an asset. I actually have more than one and I'll use them to get every penny out of you that I can. Have you seen me pretend to cry?
Obviously, you've likely been through a lot of adversity. Was it those damn parents or having come from the third world?

Location hidden

#194734 Dec 21, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>

I remember as a youngster having to listen to Dean Martin and Bing Crosby albums all day long while i played. Does that count?
No, but that shit that passes for music today might.

Location hidden

#194735 Dec 21, 2013
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/12/...

We discussed things like this recently.

If that can already cook flying metal within seconds, think what it can do to human bodies in shorter order. Just by sweeping it slowly. So far. Or building structures.

Should be pretty effective in urban combat.

There has to be some serious wicked weaponry already deployed.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194736 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
She understands human nature better than you do - something that zealous Christians typically don't understand. With faith, you just choose to believe what you want. and believe it - things like a ghost occupying you and changing your essential nature because you ask it to.
It doesn't work like that, as any evidence based thinker with some life experience can tell you. If your wife is wired as a lesbian or bisexual, she still fantasizes about women, no matter how hard she prays. If she doesn't, then her homosexual experiences were just experimentation that would have ended with or without religion.
Whats different about a thief or a cruel person or someone who can kill ? A person must make a decision to change. It may not be easy, that's life. I think it can be proven that behavior is contrary to nature and natural use. btw, you were wired for your occupation by parents etc. Suppose you wanted to be a ballplayer? Would you be living as a psychic slave ? Many many have.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#194737 Dec 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Around the same time the CEO of Chick-fil-a gave his thoughts so did the President (I think?) of Amazon. His thinking was directly opposed and some Christians did call for a boycott of Amazon. This Christian that loves everyone's right to speak thinks its silly. Not a fan of duck any more than honey boo boo but everyone gets a say.
The hypocrisy of your post Chris is that if a non-believer says something about Christians...you call it hate. If a Christian speaks up about non-Christians you call it their right and their duty to speak up.

That's what bothers me. I don't care what some duck hunter believes or doesn't. His words were as much hate as if someone lumped Christians in with terrorists. Do you not see that?

I don't care if you are Christian or not...or what you believe...I do resent though you implying that my son is a pervert. I resent that you think it is "love" to call him that.

When your words reach my ears...or in the case of Topix my eyes...they are words of hate.

BTW...I am not an advocate of "Phil" being suspended. It just gives him and others a platform to continue the hate. I think we all should have just said..."who cares what some duck people think".

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#194738 Dec 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you're a prospector ?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#194739 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenomics
It appears the living experience can modify your physical makeup. That would include your thinking from a strictly material view.
That "ghost" has broken alcohol and drug abuse, and even bad behavior.
You can whip a man to make him behave, but he has to change personality from within.
Truth. My wife, again 8 years before we met also was a hardcore drug user. She did it all. The same night she became a Christian when she left the life I speak of she also never again touched the drugs, never again got drunk. Strange that while some in certain circles say they are for people making better life choices if a person stands and gives glory to God they will spend a lifetime trying to tear it down. Scratch that, its not strange its exactly as the Lord say it will be. All glory to Him.

Location hidden

#194740 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously, you've likely been through a lot of adversity. Was it those damn parents or having come from the third world?
I would venture, based upon this online persona of hers that it is more of being a pretty fresh flower that had a petal or two removed. Serious effect on self image.

I had similar when I had my teeth removed.

She will get over it.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#194741 Dec 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocrisy of your post Chris is that if a non-believer says something about Christians...you call it hate. If a Christian speaks up about non-Christians you call it their right and their duty to speak up.
That's what bothers me. I don't care what some duck hunter believes or doesn't. His words were as much hate as if someone lumped Christians in with terrorists. Do you not see that?
I don't care if you are Christian or not...or what you believe...I do resent though you implying that my son is a pervert. I resent that you think it is "love" to call him that.
When your words reach my ears...or in the case of Topix my eyes...they are words of hate.
BTW...I am not an advocate of "Phil" being suspended. It just gives him and others a platform to continue the hate. I think we all should have just said..."who cares what some duck people think".
I call bs. I am not having a problem nor do I call people that disagree and say so hate. I call telling people they are a waste of flesh and like air pollution hate. What bothers me is when you see it from Ben or whatever his name is today, say nothing and rank on Christians. And I don't think your son is a pervert, I think he is caught up in preversion. I do apologize as I do think I said that once concerning homosexuals. I would say if a Christian pastor takes money that comes into a church for tithes and was to gamble it he is also caught up in perversion.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#194744 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenomics
It appears the living experience can modify your physical makeup. That would include your thinking from a strictly material view.
That "ghost" has broken alcohol and drug abuse, and even bad behavior.
You can whip a man to make him behave, but he has to change personality from within.
Another thought, God will also change a person from the inside out. Here in what some call God's waiting room with a fair amount of gray haired folks I've witnessed it. My former pastor now retired because of age loved everyone. He was a fighter but just by looking at the man could see the hope that lived in him. And sad to say a person of a similar age that hates God, well that too is quite obvious as by that time all the makeup in the world, the new Lexus, all the plastic surgery of south Fl. can't hide it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#194750 Dec 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. ratings Buck, ratings, free publicity is wonderful ..

.. A & E only 'suspended' the Pill and during the past few days they've showed reruns of DUCK DYNASTY every night ..

.. you're right. To the delight of Christians and an increased viewership, the Redneck will return. I call the controversy fake ..
The whole show is fake.

Google duck dynasty fake, and you'll get to see them all preppied up-frosted tips and all.

Location hidden

#194751 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you only hate the person's essential nature, not their spleen or pancreas, for example. I'm sure that that is a great comfort.
We have to hate their spleen. It has phagocytes.
Bongo

Coram, NY

#194752 Dec 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

I had similar when I had my teeth removed.
When did you go drinking with Buck?

Location hidden

#194753 Dec 21, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, River, I'll tell you exactly how I feel about the Duck Dynasty quacker. The more I see of men like him, the more I love sex toys.
:D
Thanks Rosey. I have frequently been referred to as a sex toy.

I never minded, really.

Location hidden

#194754 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When did you go drinking with Buck?
The Fifth Wheel where I used to bounce kept a jar on the shelf above the bar with teeth in it.

Somebody stole the ones with gold work.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#194755 Dec 21, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> When did you go drinking with Buck?
How many scoops doe it take to get Buck out the pitcher?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#194756 Dec 21, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
…and, of course, his comments about those happy go lucky blacks in the pre-civil rights era South.
HA HA What?!?

He talked about black folks he knows or has met.

The dude's not that old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! 1 hr NightSerf 372
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 10 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web